I was suspended (for a full week). Why?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

I was suspended (for a full week). Why?

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:51 pm

MacCruiskeen » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:51 pm wrote:Nine days ago, on the Sunday before last, at 10:31 pm, I was suspended abruptly for seven days. No warning was given, no reason was given, and the moderator responsible never identified himself.

Who issued that suspension? Why, exactly? What heinous offence did I commit? Please quote the offending post and explain why it was so intolerable.

I have several other questions, but I don't know if I'll ever be allowed to ask them. I could as easily be disappeared instantly again, for lèse-majesté, or (again) for no stated reason at all.

Nor do I know who else has been silently removed. How could I? How could anyone? (Alloneword has vanished, for instance.)

Anyway, if I suddenly go entirely silent here again, I just want the dwindling handful of other posters still left at Rigorous Intuition to know that it will not have been my decision. (Nor, of course, will it have been Jeff's or Dr Volin's. It may very well have been the decision of someone who's still not even listed as a moderator.)

-- cross-posted from: Welcome to Rigorous Intuition v.2020! (admin issues thread)
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I was suspended (for a full week). Why?

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:51 pm

At a minimum, the reason for the suspension should be clearly articulated to you and the board. I haven't checked activity during the timeframe on or around the suspension 'start date', but it'd be a shitty development if suspensions are now handed out without explanation or warning prior to pulling the trigger.

Won't speculate further until clarity is provided.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:16 pm

Personal attacks are not permitted.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:42 pm

So it was you, was it?

Identify that alleged "personal attack". Quote the offending post, in full, with the link.

I'm calling your bluff. People can read.

On Edit: For the record, here are all my posts: search.php?author_id=1043&sr=posts
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby tron » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:07 am

when they changed the forum up it felt like a load of stuff got sanitised, who knows? blink and you miss it.
tron

Postby Grizzly » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:48 am

Agreed, this is NOT a welcomed development. Nor has it been protocol. But I've sensed a change since Jeff handed over the forum to Jackriddler. Sutle as it may be.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Return to General Discussion