An apolitical thread to bitch about having COVID

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

An apolitical thread to bitch about having COVID

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:07 pm

This sucks. Was in Europe and took few to no precautions (same on flight over but didn't get sick). Then it spiked like crazy in the country I was in and I picked it up about 2 days after returning. Wife and son did too. Something like a cross between a really bad cold and a flu with a bizarre brain fog and inability to get normal sleep. Not the end of the world but miserable feeling all over. Really wish the MSM would have the cojones to broach the fact the vaccine programs are, FIAP, a failure, or at least not a success. Had it before but had a totally different context for relating to it at that time.

Don't have the energy to wade into that long morass of too much data and antagonism in the main "coronavirus" thread, so starting this one to apolitically commiserate if/when others get it too.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: An apolitical thread to bitch about having COVID

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:52 pm

Cheers and I hope you recover quickly. It would be kind of cool to just have a thread where we interact like human beings instead of flesh vectors for talking points and emergent egregores.

MSM is a cojones-free operation but I was talking with the wife on the way back from the beach today about how remarkable it is that people, humans, mammals, across the board have quietly acknowledged that none of this shit really worked out that well and somehow negotiated a nonverbal tacit agreement to not talk about it too much.

Antagonism free is the way to be. Nothing else will mend these collective wounds. That said, make sure you get a lot of liquids and suspended lipids.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:38 pm

Thanks man. Yes, I'm equally impressed at the number of people I know who have never particularly expressed skepticism towards any particular aspect of the whole pandemic but have clearly stated that they aren't ever getting another shot. I find this reassuring, as things stand. Also still wishfully hope there's at least a small chance that some close enough to MSM mag will run an expose damningly confirming the lab leak speculation before the year is out. But we'll see about that. For now I'm focused on just wanting to get back to following a normal conversation for more than 3 minutes at a time. Peace.
liminalOyster

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:18 pm

Echo the well wishes to a full and (outside the period of illness itself) well-paved road to recovery, for you and your family members.

My family and I were hit with the covid back in December, though our symptoms were essentially mild, thankfully.

I hope, too, that these boosters turn out to be nowhere near as harmful to downstream health prospects as some doctors/scientists out there are positing. It all remains TBD for at least another ~couple years, likely.

I struggle to type anything further beyond that, other than: there remain employers (and govts) that continue to mandate these products as a condition of employment/commerce/travel. So while I applaud all those that have decided to halt any further inoculations, what of those that are still faced with mandates, that continue to be coerced to be inoculated against their will to maintain positions with their current employer? As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm one of those unfortunate persons. If I don't receive a shot by end of Sept, my position will be terminated. No more exemptions.

It'd be great if we can all just forget all about the last 2 years and move on, but apparently govts and employers are not ready to oblige this mindset.

I find this to be deplorable, to say the least.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:35 pm

Belligerent Savant » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:18 pm wrote:.

It'd be great if we can all just forget all about the last 2 years and move on, but apparently govts and employers are not ready to oblige this mindset.

I am less pessimistic, data nerds, especially in insurance companies, will win out. Darker things still loom in the future, but for now, I am less pessimistic.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:42 pm

I waver each week between less pessimistic and more pessimistic. Let's hope the 'less pessimistic' view wins. Sooner rather than later (but likely later -- later than any of us would like, for many of the reasons hinted in your reply).
Belligerent Savant

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:54 pm

Highly recommend the Ziverdo kit
https://ziverdo-kit.com/

Godspeed lOyster :zomg :)
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:57 pm

Following the theme of sharing treatment options, see links below for added consideration, though of course due diligence is recommended for any treatments:

https://worldcouncilforhealth.org/resou ... tox-guide/

FLCCC also put out protocols both for post-vaccine and post-covid/long covid issues (I attached them to this email as pdf files as well):

Post-vaccine protocols:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-1 ... treatment/

'Long Covid' Protocols:
https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-1 ... treatment/

https://covid19criticalcare.com/about/

There's also serrapeptase, which can be taken as an anti-inflammatory, and Dandelion Root/leaf tea (recommended in one of the links shared here), as it also acts as an anti-inflammatory:

Info on serrapeptase:
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/se ... what-it-is

https://www.nutriadvanced.co.uk/news/se ... -covid-19/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... %2C%202020).

Pro/Prebiotics are also recommended given some findings that the covid virus/vaccines may negatively impact gut bacteria: Kefir yogurt or similar, and also pill forms such as:

https://www.iherb.com/pr/now-foods-prob ... gL71_D_BwE
Belligerent Savant

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:14 am

Get in the sun too.

All the bet Lim.

Same to anyone else. Its a fucked virus, but so is the flu when it really kicks you.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby liminalOyster » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:57 am

Thanks. Pretty much over all glaring symptoms (chills, fever, can't sleep) other than malaise and brain fog at this point. Already doing lots of Zinc, D, oregano oil, liquids, sun, sleep. Last one honestly seems the most effective/important. Overall relatively mild though.
liminalOyster

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:49 am

I was the only one of my family to get vaccinated(the 2-dose Pfizer), we all got it in early January of this year(I'm assuming for the first time? Who knows) It felt like a weird fever/clammy flu for a few days. But the big tell was our sense of smell was wiped out for a good two months, and maybe there's something to the brain fog. Covid seems to be kind of like the supernatural villains in movies who appear to different people as different things. I don't know anyone who got a bad cough or put on some lung machine. I never lost my sense of taste, or felt fatigued/exhausted. I think I got the symptoms way worse than family or friends who got it but were un-vaxxed. Part of me wonders why the media pushed so hard on vaccines/boosters/masks but didn't continually harp on obesity being the main commonlity of a lot of the under 70-something Covid deaths. Unless you were a frail 90 year old in a nursing home, obesity seemed like the #1 factor overall for Covid co-morbidities. But you rarely heard that in the media. Also it's weird how Florida had no Covid restrictions, yet came in at #17 in 50 states for overall Covid deaths. Definitely made myself and people I know start focusing more on diet/exercise instead of getting "boosters" every couple months. It just feels like here in America being as fat as possible is part of a lot of cultures with a huge disconnect from health. Regardless if Covid is some gain of function lab leak. I think there can be no doubt that "Covid" completely changed so much of society, the economy, and culture in a way 9/11 didn't even come close to doing. Probably the biggest change(least here in America) since the end of WW2, and we haven't even begun to see the full societal change.

It is terrible how everything is polarized and taboo, the waters of "truth" are beyond polluted. I'm as guilty as everyone with that. There's a lot of statistics when it comes to Covid the virus, or the ensuing economic, crime surge, housing crisis, etc that would make both sides of the ideological "left/right" spectrum uncomfortable.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:56 pm

I recommend Zinc, Quercetin, Black Cumin Seed, Olive Leaf, Luteolin, Vitamin C, and NMN in roughly that order of importance.

And curcumin, of course, but my guess is that most of us are already eating and/or supplementing with that.

On edit: How the fuck did personal health issues ever get political in the first place?
stickdog99

Postby Elvis » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:28 pm

LO, thanks for the report, and best wishes for speedy recovery!
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby liminalOyster » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:03 pm

Thanks, King. Pretty much back to normal today. Very very slightly lessened energy but otherwise equivalent to a slightly off day. Here's hoping nothing weird presents itself in the next month. Peace.
liminalOyster

Return to General Discussion