Iamwhomiam

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

James A. Travers III, 1948-2022

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:35 am

Travers, James A. III

RAVENA
James A.Travers III, passed away peacefully on the eve of August 31, 2022, after losing his battle with lymphoma. James, aka Jim or Jimmy, was born on October 31, 1948, to the late Helen K. Travers (Kennedy) and the late James A.Travers II, in Freeport on Long Island. Jim was the youngest of three children. Jim graduated from Wantaugh High School in 1967. Jim was a great prankster and he and his friends loved playing pranks on each other as well on some other unsuspecting victims. He also enjoyed surfing and going to Jones Beach. Jim married Judy Shaw in 1969 and they had two children, Cheryln and Jason. They moved to Albany and eventually separated. Jim raised Cheryln and Jason as a single parent, dedicating his life to them. Jim was a wonderful and loving father. Jim fought against social injustices his entire life. He would help anyone, without exception, and his kindness and humility were appreciated by all who knew him. He became involved with United Tenants of Albany in the 1970s, when he had housing problems. He remained an active supporter of tenants' rights and affordable housing throughout his life. Many of the folks he met through United Tenants became lifelong friends. Jim was also passionate about the environment and was active with Save the Pine Bush, fighting to preserve the land, its rare ecosystem, and the Karner Blue butterfly. Many environmental causes benefitted from Jim's activism. Jim was predeceased by his sister, Sharon McGlynn; and his son, Jason. He is survived by his sister, Dawn Daugherty (John); his daughter, Cheryln Travers; his son-in-law, Eric Phoenix; his two grandchildren, Bazeil Phoenix and Zinnaira Mansingh; as well as his two great-granddaughters, Fearra and Aleiya Mansingh. He is also survived by three nieces and a nephew. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, September 17, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the First Unitarian Universalist Society, 405 Washington Ave., Albany. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to United Tenants of Albany or Save the Pine Bush.

Published by Albany Times Union on Sep. 11, 2022.
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ti ... d=36462782

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Iamwhomiam

Postby liminalOyster » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:14 pm

For some reason when I first read this a while back it hit me very very hard. Just imagining the whole person outside these odd walls and their justice and commitments and wholeness and pains and losses and joys. I especially enjoyed learning J/I had been a prankster - a side of him that I don't know I ever witnessed in the years we crossed over here.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:40 am

Thanks Jack.
Joe Hillshoist

Re: James A. Travers III, 1948-2022

Postby PufPuf93 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:32 am

JackRiddler » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:35 pm wrote:
Travers, James A. III

RAVENA
James A.Travers III, passed away peacefully on the eve of August 31, 2022, after losing his battle with lymphoma. James, aka Jim or Jimmy, was born on October 31, 1948, to the late Helen K. Travers (Kennedy) and the late James A.Travers II, in Freeport on Long Island. Jim was the youngest of three children. Jim graduated from Wantaugh High School in 1967. Jim was a great prankster and he and his friends loved playing pranks on each other as well on some other unsuspecting victims. He also enjoyed surfing and going to Jones Beach. Jim married Judy Shaw in 1969 and they had two children, Cheryln and Jason. They moved to Albany and eventually separated. Jim raised Cheryln and Jason as a single parent, dedicating his life to them. Jim was a wonderful and loving father. Jim fought against social injustices his entire life. He would help anyone, without exception, and his kindness and humility were appreciated by all who knew him. He became involved with United Tenants of Albany in the 1970s, when he had housing problems. He remained an active supporter of tenants' rights and affordable housing throughout his life. Many of the folks he met through United Tenants became lifelong friends. Jim was also passionate about the environment and was active with Save the Pine Bush, fighting to preserve the land, its rare ecosystem, and the Karner Blue butterfly. Many environmental causes benefitted from Jim's activism. Jim was predeceased by his sister, Sharon McGlynn; and his son, Jason. He is survived by his sister, Dawn Daugherty (John); his daughter, Cheryln Travers; his son-in-law, Eric Phoenix; his two grandchildren, Bazeil Phoenix and Zinnaira Mansingh; as well as his two great-granddaughters, Fearra and Aleiya Mansingh. He is also survived by three nieces and a nephew. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, September 17, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the First Unitarian Universalist Society, 405 Washington Ave., Albany. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to United Tenants of Albany or Save the Pine Bush.

Published by Albany Times Union on Sep. 11, 2022.
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ti ... d=36462782

Thank you, Jack.

Nice to see Iamwhoiam / Jim's story and to see a face. Jim was a good man with a big heart.

I too communicated with Jim via email and phone. Jim had much discomfort. Spoke to him last several times in August after I was last in hospital. Have been dealing myself with non-Hodgkins's lymphoma, other cancers, and associated medical problems th past several years.
PufPuf93

Postby fruhmenschen » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:58 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDwXKgtP9iE

Aging and the Awakening of Potential Change - Ram Dass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PSLYVz4914

Pre-Birth Memories with Christian Sundberg

Bon Voyage
fruhmenschen

Postby Harvey » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:40 pm

It was a privilege to have known you. I will miss you. Bon voyage Jim.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Gnomad » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:02 pm

Hope you reached escape velocity.
Belated well wishes, Iamwhomiam.
la nuit de tous approche
Gnomad

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:33 pm

oh man ... just seeing this now ... Iamwhomiam and I interacted a bit here on RI over the years.

Godspeed and all that.

Thanks Jack for finding the obit.

And thanks to all those who knew him from here but went above and beyond communicating with him via email and phone.

This is the second death I've learned of today within the span of an hour or so ...

Grief sucks.

Blessings to his family and friends.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Laodicean » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:59 pm

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Laodicean » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:16 pm

Laodicean » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:56 pm wrote:
Iamwhomiam » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:29 am wrote:new outbreak of honeypotitis scheduled to hit hard sometime in Summer of '22. Some unvaccinated people projected to suffer tunnel vision without the ability to focus clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JvF9vpqx8

Some unvaccinated people projected to suffer tunnel vision without the ability to focus clearly.

I feel it.
Laodicean

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:39 pm

Yeah.

How dare unclean unvaccinated people continue to point out the clear downsides of lockdowns, school closures, small business closures, mRNA injection mandates, and mask mandates that we all know and love so well based on such rigorous scientific evidence!

Clearly, the oligarchs who forced all of this on us in concert in every single first or second world country on Earth had only our best interests in mind when it came to their altruistically-driven COVID responses. Who cares that all of their authoritarian dictats caused the largest loss of liberties and largest transfer of wealth and control from the 99.9% to the 0.1% in any of our lifetimes while also resulting in continuing higher excess overall mortality than ever, continuing higher suicide and overdose rates than ever, ridiculous levels of stagflation, and extremely negative effects on child development to this very day?

No, the real problem is the clear myopia of anyone who dares to mention any of this. Our oligarchs had and continue to have our backs! In all of their responses to COVID, the climate crisis, and totally unprovoked Russian invasion of Ukraine, we can be assured that they acted, act, and will act only in our best interests. To suggest that our misleaders instead exploited our outsized fears of COVID to consolidate ever more power and control over the rest of us would be the height of unpleasant, uncouth, and unhelpful myopia.

Why can't we all just get injected?

Why can't the unvaccinated be more like the vaccinated?

stickdog99

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:16 pm

Come on. There's no need for this in the man's obituary thread. Your views on this matter (which are mostly mine, minus the Savaranola style) have been made clear all over this board.

If anyone wants to quote an Iamwhomiam post here, that's good. As long as it's the man's words. It's a way of memorializing. Even if you're indirectly editorializing, ahem, Laodicean. He did write it!

But, stickdog, and anyone who gets the urge, please don't argue with Iamwhoiam in reply posts here! You can contest his views on other threads. Okay?

I will edit future occurrences. May this thread get its bounces in ways that remember the man, but let's respect the "rest in peace" part.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Laodicean » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:48 pm

stickdog99 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:39 pm wrote:Yeah.

How dare unclean unvaccinated people continue to point out the clear downsides of lockdowns, school closures, small business closures, mRNA injection mandates, and mask mandates that we all know and love so well based on such rigorous scientific evidence!

Clearly, the oligarchs who forced all of this on us in concert in every single first or second world country on Earth had only our best interests in mind when it came to their altruistically-driven COVID responses. Who cares that all of their authoritarian dictats caused the largest loss of liberties and largest transfer of wealth and control from the 99.9% to the 0.1% in any of our lifetimes while also resulting in continuing higher excess overall mortality than ever, continuing higher suicide and overdose rates than ever, ridiculous levels of stagflation, and extremely negative effects on child development to this very day?

No, the real problem is the clear myopia of anyone who dares to mention any of this. Our oligarchs had and continue to have our backs! In all of their responses to COVID, the climate crisis, and totally unprovoked Russian invasion of Ukraine, we can be assured that they acted, act, and will act only in our best interests. To suggest that our misleaders instead exploited our outsized fears of COVID to consolidate ever more power and control over the rest of us would be the height of unpleasant, uncouth, and unhelpful myopia.

Why can't we all just get injected?

Why can't the unvaccinated be more like the vaccinated?

No. I took his quote to be a harbinger, myself being unvaccinated. I agree with you, Stick.

And duly noted, Jack. Thank you.
Laodicean

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:39 pm

Below is the quote of what I typed on page 1 of this thread when reading of IAM's unfortunate passing.

That said, as someone who (like Stickdog, Laodicean and others) is unvaccinated, and further, had my salaried position terminated -- in late 2022 -- by my employer because of my ethical opposition to mandates/my refusal to comply (though I'd be remiss without adding that I found another position elsewhere that paid me better, without missing time; millions of others were NOT as fortunate, however), I disagreed strongly with IAM's positions on these mRNA products (as well as his broadly passive -- and at least for a period of time, active support -- of the govt/corporate/bureaucratic responses to covid).

It's unfortunate, the level of smugness and derision leveled at those that opted out, or attempted to opt out, of the mass ritual events associated with covid. Even now, there is little acknowledgement or accountability of the great wrongs committed (by both authority figures and fellow citizens, neighbors, and family members).

It will be some time -- years, likely -- before it's more widely acknowledged. A fair amount may never fully take ownership or accountability.

Belligerent Savant » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:52 pm wrote:IAM and I had our scuffles here, but I imagine a scenario where he can reconcile/re-connect with his son, lost tragically years ago.

I wish that for him and for all of us, for each of our respective journeys and lost connections here in the material realm.
Belligerent Savant

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:00 pm

My apologies for my angry ranting as well as my overstatement. Upon further consideration, COVID-19 was in many respects merely a new iteration of previously staged power grabs such as 9/11, the anthrax attacks, CIA crack, and the Iraq invasions. It's just the most destructive and far reaching of the non-military psyop (or at least Shock Doctrine crisis exploitation) of my lifetime.

I am myopic in my respect for Iamwhomiam with whom I had many enlightening discussions. RIP.
stickdog99

Previous

Return to General Discussion