"A light emitting diode (LED) incapacitator is a weapon..."

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"A light emitting diode (LED) incapacitator is a weapon..."

Postby Nordic » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:12 pm

I've worked in and around professional, top-level motion picture lighting my whole adult life.

When LED's came out and started taking over, I found most of them to be painful, mentally irritating, and even nausea-inducing. Especially up close, when they are flashing on emergency vehicles, and especially at night, they can almost incapacitate me. The LEDS they use on cars now, also have the same effect on me. Just mentally and even physically painful and extremely unpleasant.

Well guess what? I JUST learned that they can use them as weapons.

(Also they can be used to send data. Streetlights are being used now to do this, cameras can now send images snd other data using streetlights).

Check it out:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_incapacitator

A light emitting diode (LED) incapacitator is a weapon designed like a flashlight. It emits an extremely bright, rapid, and well-focused series of "differently-colored random pulses". Before human eyes can focus in on one frequency, another frequency comes on, causing intracranial pressure, which results in headache, nausea, vomiting, disorientation, irritability, and visual impairment to the target.[1][2][3][4][5]

Cross-sectional diagram of the "Incapacitator", from a DHS newsletter[1]
The non-lethal weapon is intended as a means of protection by law enforcement officials such as police and border patrols. The light emitted is capable of rendering opponents temporarily blind so that they can be subdued more easily.

Description
Edit

According to the United States Department of Homeland Security, the weapon works:

"By simultaneously overwhelming the subject both physiologically (temporarily blinding him) and psychophysically (disorienting him). A built-in range finder measures the distance to the nearest pair of eyeballs. Then, a "governor" sets the output and pulse train (a series of pulses and rests) to a level, frequency, and duration that are effective, but safe. The colors and pulses continuously change, leaving no time for the brain or eyes to adapt. After a few minutes, the effects wear off."[1]
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: "A light emitting diode (LED) incapacitator is a weapon.

Postby tron » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:54 pm

does sitting in front of an led screen all day count as optogenetic programming?
tron

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: "A light emitting diode (LED) incapacitator is a weapon.

Postby BenDhyan » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:38 pm

So all humans are photosensitive to bright flashing lights to some extent, There are those who are prone to photosensitive epilepsy*.

* Photosensitive epilepsy is when seizures are triggered by flashing lights or contrasting light and dark patterns. Photosensitive epilepsy is not common but it may be diagnosed when you have an EEG test. Flashing or patterned effects can make people with or without epilepsy feel disorientated, uncomfortable or unwell. This does not necessarily mean they have photosensitive epilepsy.

Here is an article on the LED incapacitator.*

*A light emitting diode (LED) incapacitator is a weapon designed like a flashlight. It emits an extremely bright, rapid, and well-focused series of "differently-colored random pulses". Before human eyes can focus in on one frequency, another frequency comes on, causing intracranial pressure, which results in headache, nausea, vomiting, disorientation, irritability, and visual impairment to the target. The non-lethal weapon is intended as a means of protection by law enforcement officials such as police and border patrols. The light emitted is capable of rendering opponents temporarily blind so that they can be subdued more easily.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to General Discussion