Maui Wowee

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Maui Wowee

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:36 pm

LOL. The have given the excuse that they didn't sound the alarm because then people are trained to move upland and
"that's where the fires were."

That is total bullshit because the fires were not upland but at the coast. The Lahaina fire started in Lahaina itself, which extends in total less than two miles from the fucking ocean!

And the wind was pushing the fire toward the ocean the whole time! So the excuse that they didn't want to send people into the fire is total bullshit. The highland was the BEST place to be as the fire destroyed the whole damn coastal town all the way down to the fucking harbor.

At the same time the authorities brilliantly closed the only escape routes for all the people who they had ordered to evacuate the town using cell phone and internet messaging while the cell phones and internet weren't working.

It was fucking 9/11 on 8/8: "It all happened so fast that we didn't have time to do anything except make things worse!"
stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:45 pm

DrEvil » 22 Aug 2023 16:25 wrote:Of course not, but why does it absolutely have to be with lasers?

When did I say anything about lasers? Lasers are basically this op's "crisis actors" as far as I am concerned.

If they were actually used, they were used only to discredit serious inquiries into the origin of and execrable official response to this disaster, IMHO. With the winds as high as they were that day, a few well placed lit rags could have ensured the desired outcome.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:51 pm

No sirens. No water. All evacuations roads blocked at someone's orders.

It was the perfect storm! 19 Saudis with box cutters must have done it.

Stop recriminating and pass the Patriot, err, 15 Minute City Act, already!
stickdog99

Postby elfismiles » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:30 pm

The Lahaina Fire – Jeremy Lee Quinn on DarkHorse - Bret Weinstein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcfWrDuDs1A

How the deadly wildfires took over Maui hour by hour - ABC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhvdKAiKmo8
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Grizzly » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:39 pm

Maui Residents Excited To See President Joe Biden
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:11 pm

Cheers Smiley.

That's the best run down I've seen on this so far.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Grizzly » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:00 pm

The totality of the destruction is shocking.

4K Drone footage of the Lahaina CRIME SCENE - A detailed ariel view (best I have seen so far)
https://www.bitchute.com/video/yz4V333lwxO8/

Also,
https://landgrabwatch.com/

FEMA says to STOP posting any images or videos while on the ground effective immediately.
https://twitter.com/AnthonyCabassa_/status/1693763982912614591

Maui residents who disobeyed barricade survived fires: AP
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4166222-maui-residents-who-disobeyed-barricade-survived-fires-ap-reports/

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:50 pm

"...Additional uses for the device include back burning, selected undergrowth removal, safe ignition of oil spills, and deicing. A truck mounted version will be operational by fall 1987 and an airborne version by summer 1988."

https://www.fs.usda.gov/research/treesearch/28116
You know just for the record...

Image[/url]

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:25 pm

Police Rough Up Journalist for Pressing Mayor on 'How Many Children are Dead' from Maui Wildfire
https://rumble.com/v3amtxi-police-rough-up-journalist-for-pressing-mayor-on-how-many-children-are-dead.html
Citizen journalist Nick Sortor, who has been doing a yeoman’s job reporting on the scene of the Maui wildfire disaster, appears to have been accosted by police while trying to ask the mayor about the missing children.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:21 am

EXPOSED! They’re All In On it | Maui Massacre
https://youtu.be/djYjSxb12ps?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36ue5o3lQw&t=285
Where are the Children LOST in the Lahaina FIRE!!? Update August 23, 2023

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:58 pm

https://www.midwesterndoctor.com/p/what ... ed-in-maui

What Caused the Wildfires?

From looking at the available information, I feel certain the following are true:
•Some of the wildfires were sparked by downed electrical power lines.
•Fierce winds knocked the power lines over.
•Fierce winds made the fires spread rapidly.

However there are two things, I am much less sure of.

First, were those winds were due to the hurricane? In the interview with Dr. Malone at the start of this article, a very strong case is made that they could not have been due to the hurricane—something at least one mainstream outlet is now beginning to acknowledge. If the winds were not due to the hurricane, this is important for people to be aware of, as the mainstream media will almost certainly try to argue that it was and hence that Hawaii’s government had no culpability in what happened. Instead, it will simply be argued that Lahaina proved it is critical to continue our War Against Climate Change (which as a lifelong environmentalist, I believe has been extremely detrimental to the environmental movement).

Second, I am unsure if all the fires were started by downed power lines, as numerous ones erupted over a very short time span, some started in areas without power lines, and I was told some of those locations were also far enough from the road that it is unlikely they were started by a cigarette being thrown out the window. For example, this video was recently shared with me by a reader:

Assuming that is the case, it means the most probable explanation for some of the fires was deliberate arson, which becomes even more probable given that (as discussed in Dowd’s interview) Maui has a longstanding arson issue.

It’s less clear who the arsonists were, as locals have told me that amongst other things, cars will periodically be stolen, stripped of parts, and then set alight in a field to hide the evidence but it is also possible something more nefarious occurred that was deliberately intended to burn Lahaina down. When I looked further into this, I came across a report stating that a suspicious individual may have been seen in the same location where one of the fires later started, but since that witness was not confident in what they saw, I wasn’t sure what to make of it.

Note: Wildfires also broke out on two other Hawaiian islands and may also provide an important part of the picture for what happened.

What Turned the Fires into a Disaster?

When disastrous events occur and root cause analyses are performed after the fact, a frequent observation is that numerous small errors compounded to form a catastrophe a situation analogous to that described by Murphy’s Law—“Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time.” Because of this, the normal goal of a root cause analysis to identify those errors and put policies and procedures in place so that they cannot happen again. Sadly, they typically do not get adopted until a major disaster (or multiple similar ones like California and then Maui’s wildfires) occur that prove their necessity.

For example, in the infamous 1911 Triangle Shirt Waist Fire, 146 workers died because a variety of terrible policies were followed such as locking the exit door shut so workers would not attempt to take breaks during their shift (leading to them being trapped inside once the fire started and forcing many to jump to their deaths to flee the fire). Outrage at the disaster in turn led to fire codes and laws to protect laborers being implemented across the state of New York.

In addition to Hawaii Electric making catastrophic blunders, Maui’s government did as well. Some of these are difficult to believe, but I am relatively sure all are true:

•Firefighters took a long time to respond to fires. I heard reports I deem to be credible that emergency services had to be repeatedly contacted (e.g., for over an hour) to respond to a fire that had started. Likewise, many believe Maui’s firefighters left Lahaina prematurely after extinguishing the initial blaze, which many suspect allowed it to reignite into a much more devastating blaze. Both of these indicate Maui had a systemic shortage of necessary fire fighting resources.

•No warnings were sent out to people in Lahaina—either over cell phones or with the sirens (which are regularly tested to warn Hawaiians of a potential tsunami). Thus far, the government has not provided an acceptable explanation for this profound failure which killed a lot of people (currently it is being argued the sirens might have caused people to inappropriately flee to higher grounds). Because of these failures, many did not realize the fire was coming until their house was on fire.

•In Lahaina, one witness reported that electrical power went out and cell phone service switched to emergency calls only prior to heavy winds hitting the area (which in turn preceded the fires hitting the area). I still am not sure what to make of this, but it helps to explain why residents were unable to warn each other of the impending fire.

•The fire hydrants in Lahaina (and in Kula the other major fire site) stopped working.
Exactly why this happened is still unknown (e.g., its theorized that houses combusting depressurized the water system—although that has not typically been observed in fires).

•Maui’s deputy director for water resource management refused to release water to landowners near Lahaina after it was requested to the supply the firefighters. When the water was finally released 5 hours later, it was too late.

•Police blocked the exits from Lahaina and refused to open them up when individuals attempted to flee the fires—as a result, only those who disobeyed the police officer, knew backroads to take, used a bicycle or fled on foot (e.g., to the ocean) survived. This is an incredible accusation, but multiple witnesses have attested to this on camera, and people I trust independently corroborated it.

Note: This closure may have been in part due to a minor fire earlier in the day, or a fear of a downed power lines further down the road. The police officer who blocked the road trapping everyone in the fire zone stated that he did so because he was ordered to, which has made many suspect the police leadership made a catastrophic blunder (or worse).

•Schools were closed because of the early morning fire near Lahainaluna High School. Many children may have thus been home alone while their parents were at work and not prepared to flee their homes when the fires arrived.

If each of these is looked at in isolation, they could be explained by poor training or a general lack of competence. However, when viewed together, they become much more suspicious.

Note: I also suspect the older construction of Lahaina (which may not have not been up to code due to having been grandfathered in) likely made it more vulnerable to a fire engulfing it. Likewise, many residents had no real understanding of wildfires and thus were not prepared to react quickly to the risks they were facing (as Dr. Malone explained, being inside one can be terrifying and disorientating, especially if you have no prior familiarity with them).

stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:01 pm

https://www.reuters.com/graphics/HAWAII ... vzwwgwrpw/

Over Aug. 7 to 9, gale-force wind gusts reached 67 miles per hour (108 kilometres per hour) in Maui County, according to the National Weather Service. The fierce winds uprooted trees and roiled seas.

At first, some meteorologists blamed Dora — a Category 4 hurricane spinning some 700 miles (1,100 km) south of Honolulu — for whipping up the tempestuous winds. However, Honolulu-based meteorologist John Bravender said his analysis suggests that Dora likely played a more minor role in the fire.

“Dora, even though it was a major hurricane, had a very small wind field, and it’s very far away from the state,” said Bravender, who works with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Central Pacific Hurricane Center. But it did cause warm air around the storm to fall lower in the atmosphere, closer to the ground.

At the same time, a strong high pressure system to the north of Hawaii sent a prevailing east-northeast wind called Moa’e or A’eloa that swept down and across the leeward side of Maui.

The winds from this high pressure system — known as the North Pacific High — likely combined with the warm air layer, called the inversion layer, to push warm, dry air across the volcanic peaks towering over Lahaina, Bravender said.

Such events occur a few times each year, but “this was extreme in the magnitude of it,” he said.

As the winds moved down the slopes to lower elevations, the descending air compressed, causing it to heat up. At the base of the mountains — about one mile (2 km) from town — the winds met with dry grasses and parched earth, rather than the native shrubs and dry forests that once grew in a tangle of tropical trees, ferns, mosses and lichens before being replaced by sugar plantations in the 19th and 20th centuries.

The dry winds sapped the drought-stressed grasses of what little moisture they still had.

While climate change, which is driven by fossil fuel use, continues to warm the planet’s atmosphere, wildfires such as those burning in Canada this month have grown worse in northern and mid-latitude forests worldwide.

But warmer temperatures weren’t the driving factor in Maui, which saw only “a small background signal of climate change,” said the climatologist Frazier.

Instead, she said, the invasive grasses were “the largest factor at play with this fire.”

stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:33 pm

stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:38 pm

stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:40 pm