Two Minds

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Two Minds

Postby Peg C » Tue May 31, 2005 2:48 am

This is going to sound, initially, slightly crazed: I believe humans are in a period of immensely accelerated speciation. And I mention it as a rigorous intuition because I first voiced this conviction to a close relative in 1975 and have witnessed its manifestation ever since. I am convinced that "humankind" is branching, and that the branches, though genetically still compatible (as in wolves and dogs), are psychologically and behaviorally divergent - qualitatively as well as quantitatively. And I believe that intuition - or sensitivity to synchronicity - is central to the divergence.<br><br>(And, by the way, I'm sure that our misunderstanding of time has much to do with our dazzlement with phenomena beyond our ken.)<br><br>Anyway - "thinking," "reasoning," has become an increasingly divergent exercise, polarized within society and utterly irreconcilable between the two poles, which seem to be matter- and spirit-based, respectively. In classical differentiation, matter/stuff=Mammon and spirit/essence=the Holy Ghost. One type cannot understand the other. And some studies have suggested that brain functions and hemispherical biases differ as well. Enter the Teilhard de Chardin hypothesis -<br>that Universal Mind is creating itself. Add its nemesis, the military-industrial complex and primitive nodes of reactivity. And project the fight-to-the-death mindset of the primitives.<br><br>Humanity has not only itself to salvage. It must save this miraculous world from itself. Something IS better than nothing, as a god would say. <p></p><i></i>
Peg C

Blog: View Blog (0)

Registration

Postby Peg C » Tue May 31, 2005 2:50 am

Hey. I DID register! <p></p><i></i>
Peg C

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Spirituality