Have Hope (Meher Baba)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Have Hope (Meher Baba)

Postby Seventhsonjr » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:51 pm

Events in my own life and Cortez's thread on "The Way in is the Way Out" (and the discussion about Steiner's philosophies) got me to thinking and contemplating and reading.<br><br>I found this and wanted to share it because it is so beautiful.<br><br>It also sums up our predicament pretty well and provides a ray of Hope, despite the brutal selfishness and lust for power of our current President and his fiendish collaborators.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>HAVE HOPE</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>The modern era is steeped in restlessness as man is tossed between conflicting ideals. Like mounds in a sandy desert, intellectual knowedge is mounting up without provision for the expression of the heart, which is so totally necessary to quench the need of the spirit. It is lack of this that has checkmated man's achievements, in spite of himself and his enormous advancements in the fields of science. Unhappiness and insecurity, emotional or otherwise, are the dominant notes of the age, and mankind is engulfed in the darkness of wars, hate and fear.<br><br>Yet I say, "Have Hope."<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Selfishness and lust for power tend to drag man towards brutality,</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> which he has inherited from his evolutionary ancestry or acquired during erroneous searching through his incarnations. But there is within man the inextinguishable light of the Truth, because he is essentially divine in origin and being.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Those who cleanse their hearts of the embittering poison of selfishness, hate and greed shall find God <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>as their own true Self</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->. When you find and realize God, the problem of selfishness and its numerous expressions melts away like mist before the sun. In God and as God, all life reveals itself as being really one and indivisible, and all seperateness created by the identification with human or sub-human forms is seen to be illusory.<br><br>The Truth of divine life is not hope but a reality. It is the only reality, and all else is illusion. Have faith and you will be redeemed. <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Have love and you will conquer the lower and limited self of cravings that veil your own true being as God</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->. Not through desperate self-seeking, but through constant self-giving is it possible to find the Self of all selves.<br><br>Meher Baba (From "Life at Its Best" Introduction by W.Y. Evans-Wentz) <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seventhsonjr>Seventhsonjr</A> at: 8/4/05 4:18 pm<br></i>
Seventhsonjr

Blog: View Blog (0)

Very Nice!!

Postby lilorphant » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:28 am

Thanks, I think it is important to remember this is NOT the end of times, even though that is what some may be pushing to the limits. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
lilorphant

Re: Very Nice!!

Postby Seventhsonjr » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:59 am

I think that the end of times happens every moment for SOMEONE, whether a soldier in Iraq, a mother dying with child due to complications from radioactive pollution exposure, a child dying of starvation in the Sudan, and on and on and on...<br><br>The hope for me comes in that through realization of why these things happen (the corruption of the brutal powers) that we can prevent more and more of these end times for millions and maybe even billions in the future. <p></p><i></i>
Seventhsonjr

Return to Spirituality