The Way In is the Way Out

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

awwwwww man.

Postby human » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:41 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em> Human -<br><br>I think that Gandhiji had millions of followerts and practitioners of Satyagraha (my favorite brand of rebellion).<br><br>Chavez is right. One human can make a difference.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>okay... now... one human? is my signature. cortez....wait.... CHAVEZ??????? dude? do you read this stuff man? CORTEZ not chavez geeeeezz... okay back to my point, CORTEZ thought i was asking a question with my signature, like ive said before, "one" is a youthfull way of saying "sincerely yours", but its more like "sincerely ours" and human? is what they call me....<br><br>nowhere did i ever say one human cant make a difference........ so.... CHAVEZ IS RIGHT!!!!!!<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The thing is that Fascism (and Anglo-German Aryan Fascism) never sleeps and continues to grow like Camus' "The Plague".</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>what about Brahmin Facism?<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>MLK chnaged things. JFK changed things. RFK changed things. Malcolm X changed things. Jesus changed things. Meer Baba is changing things. Steiner changed things (ALL OF THESE FOR THE BETTER)</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>please explain to me what exactly the Kennedy's did to make things better? just because somebody got killed doesnt make them righteous, they were sons of a bootlegger, part of a international crime family....<br><br>Malcolm X & Rudolf Steiner in the same category is weird enough, but with.......... JESUS?????????????<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>All were opposed or destroyed (except Meher Baba) by fascists.<br><br>The point is that faith in the work of love and sacrifice as in the Satyagraha form --- and the fact of fearless leaders who are willing to die for the love of one's humanity and freedom of spirit in the opposition to hate and treachery --- in Love --- this work goes on.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>okay, a bit sappy, but im not against this...<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>To call the Indians a group of pussies is beyond the pale and provocateurish. Gandhi was their leader. He was murdered.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>I DIDNT CALL THE INDIANS PUSSIES!!!!!!!!<br><br>i said, that is how what cortez (CORTEZ) wrote reads.... i think that without the masses, Gandhi doesnt exist....<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The work continues.<br><br>But one human CAN make a difference in conjunction with others who believe in the goddness of opposing evil.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>hmmm, perhaps you mean to put two o's in good, but goddness works better....<br><br>sounds like yall want a guru to deify. or like cortez said, "one book"....<br><br>i think that type of thing is idol worship. and its manipulatable, and will and has been already....<br><br>what im more interested in Seventhson, is how you figure that the Luciferian Rosicrucian Steiner is any better than Crowley (whom you dismiss, along with Thelema)...<br><br><br>one<br>human? <p></p><i></i>
human

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: awwwwww man.

Postby Seventhsonjr » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:13 pm

Human says inter alia, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>hmmm, perhaps you mean to put two o's in good, but goddness works better....<br><br>sounds like yall want a guru to deify. or like cortez said, "one book"....<br><br>i think that type of thing is idol worship. and its manipulatable, and will and has been already....<br><br>what im more interested in Seventhson, is how you figure that the Luciferian Rosicrucian Steiner is any better than Crowley (whom you dismiss, along with Thelema)...</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>First, I apologize, my short term memory and concentration is way shot at times. I was thinking political activist not conquistador in my word association memory block.<br><br>Coupla thoughts. Never heard of a Brahmin fascist but ALL fascistm is bad. I just think the one we are facing now, the anglo-german Nazi variety, is the most dangerous.<br><br>Re: Steiner and Crowley, my understanding is limited but from what I've read Crowley was a spook and into bloody and nasty and pedophilic rituals and Steiner was NOT at all.<br><br>I don't look at Steiner as a Luciferian, he is fundamentally a Mystical Christian with avataric emphasis on reincarnation and karma. His view on Lucefir is that God put that entity in this plane for a reason : to balance out the other crass and deadly materialsim of Ahriman.<br><br>As for guru, in the sense of teacher, which is all it means, I do think I support the idea of a teacher - a holy person, a saint even. Sure it can be manipulated but you know the good by their fruits.<br><br>I believe we are ALL divine, sons and daughters of the Creator, so "Deifying" someone like Jesus or Buddha or Krishna is kind of a contradiction. These people, humans, assertively divinely inspired, teaching us to look for the kingdom of heaven within, and to bring us to our own divinity, is NOT idol worship. I think a teacher or spiritual master can help us get there.<br><br>Idol worship is the worship of the material world. Greed. Brutal Lust with no love or sleflessness. Mammon.<br><br> I love the teachings of Meher Baba and his spirit.<br><br>Re: JFK : he TRIED to oppose the fascists, despite his background, and they murdered him for it. He would have changed the world immeasurably for the good (the way the Bushes have for the bad) had he not been exterminated by Bush et al..<br><br>As for your quote about pussies, if I misunderstoofd it SORRYSORRY SORRY. But the way I read it several times was the way I challenged you on it. Glad to hear I was wrong.<br><br>Finally you say: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"Malcolm X & Rudolf Steiner in the same category is weird enough, but with.......... JESUS?????????????"</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>All were highly spiritual men of God, prophets and seers (visionaries). They taught love of all humanity. Jesus and malcolm were murdered by fascists. Steiner's Educational and Spiritual Center was burned to the ground by the Nazis (the first Goetheanum).<br><br>Sure they are men I admire, on the spiritual path to the creator, divinely inspired , great teachers, and they were all attacked by the enemy of Truth.<br><br>X and Jesus gave their lives for their love of humanity. Steiner, I believe, dedicated his entire life to this love as well.<br><br>Spiritual men who drew down the evil against them.<br><br><br>I don't see why you wouldn't get THAT???<br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Seventhsonjr

Re: awwwwww man.

Postby Seventhsonjr » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:25 am

I think this thread was interesting enough to get one last purview by the Sunday crowd.<br><br>I have been reading Meher Baba AND Steiner lately (as well as Che and malcolm and even Crowleys "confessions", which (Crowley) reads like a bunch of self-important hogwash frankly)<br><br>It is absolutely amazing how Meher Baba's thoughts and teachings coincide with Steiner's.<br><br>Baba is all about love devotion and surrender , though, while Steiner is much more analytical and esoteric.<br><br>But their thoughts on karma and multiple lives, and union with the Creator, seem exactly the same in most ways.<br><br>Anyone know Baba or read his works?<br><br>He was considered (at least by the media) as a spiritual advisor to Gandhi, who consulted with Baba and apparently wanted to become a follower. But Baba said he must abandon politics to do that, and Gandhi could not.<br><br>Anyway, my Sunday rumination. This thread I thought, was a good one.<br><br>Where is Cortez??? I owe him/her an apology for my error in his/her name earlier.<br><br>Namaste <p></p><i></i>
Seventhsonjr

Meher Baba

Postby robertdreed » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:09 pm

I know two things for sure about him:<br><br>1) He was Pete Townshend's "spiritual advisor" at some point, even after Baba passed on;<br><br>2) His favorite song was "Begin The Beguine" (according to Townhend.) Great song. <br><br><br>and one "factoid" that I haven't yet bothered to do a search to verify: he was a Sufi, no? <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
robertdreed

Crowley? Steiner? ...Don't like ugly?

Postby marykmusic » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:57 pm

I had an I Ching translation by Crowley, who in his teenage years was considered a fine Oriental scholar. Used it for years. Loved it, and haven't seen one since... that was not long after I was given my first Tarot deck for my 18th birthday, by my favorite aunt (some family members say that was the first sign of her long-developing and destructive dementia, but it started me on a path of mysticism.)<br><br>Steiner's treatise on Ahriman is required reading to understand the Dark Side (shades of the truth in Star Wars!)<br><br>More beauty and truth is available in the study of Wilhelm Reich. In his early years he was an apprentice of Sigmund Freud, but soon broke with him in his opinion of the orgasm as the source of positive mental health (now THAT's sex magick!) Later he branched out into improving the earth, and did a successful experiment in the 1950's bringing green back to the desert around Tucson. His cloudbuster was the original inspiration for my brother Don Croft's work, taken the next logical step beyond to the level of metaphysical tool. <br><br>Reich was so close to the beauty of truth, that he was locked up in 1957 and died in Federal prison... they said it was a heart attack but didn't let the family have the body for an outside autopsy. (Now that was ugly...)<br><br>The Austrian forester Viktor Schaumberger's studies of the movement of water being directly responsible for the health of its ecosystem are beautiful and important. Each time a stream or river is "improved" by straightening out its curves and covering with concrete, its power is curtailed. The negative ions produced by healthy, moving water and not coincidentally, by lightning, are conducive to human creativity. The Nazis nearly killed him but he fled to the US. He died in the late 1940's, hounded to death by the authorities who wanted his work to be twisted for military use. His inventions also made it possible for the slurry pipes that are ravaging Navajoland right now, sucking the live water out of the Coconino aquifer, dropping wells, drying up springs, opening up huge, seemingly bottomless cracks there on the Rez (ugly!)<br><br>Dr. Masaru Emoto's studies and photographs of how words affect water/ice crystals are a fine study of the effect our words have... because our bodies are 1/3 water, when we say bad things to each other, the water in our bodies is directly affected. God don' like ugly words, either...<br><br><br>Great thread, folks! --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Sufism reoriented

Postby Seventhson » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:56 pm

I am just reading about this. <br><br>Baba's family was from persia and his grandfather was the keeper of the "Tower of Silence" where Zoroastrians brought their dead.<br><br>He was a Zoroastrian by birth -- but he taught the universality of all religions and was considered by many (including himself) as an Avatar - an embodiment of God born to bring people back to their own Godness through love.<br><br>In the book "The Beloved" there is a chapter on Sufism reoriented which I am reading and will report.<br><br>Glad to have some responses. Baba is pretty cool and inspiring as a spritual light. Funny too. <p></p><i></i>
Seventhson

Re: Sufism reoriented

Postby cortez » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:01 pm

Seventhson,<br><br>No worries on the cortez thing, just a catchy name<br><br><br>I had a question, you may know more of it, who was the man that initiated Steiner? I read he only referred to him as 'the master'? I was wondering if his real name was ever given?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
cortez

Re: Sufism reoriented

Postby marykmusic » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:47 pm

SHAMS OF TABRIZ Says:<br><br>My heart, sit only with those<br>who know and understand you.<br>Sit only under a tree<br>that is full of blossoms.<br>In the bazaar of herbs and potions<br>don't wander aimlessly<br>find the shop with a potion that is sweet<br>If you don't have a measure<br>people will rob you in no time.<br>You will take counterfeit coins<br>thinking they are real.<br>Don't fill your bowl with food from<br>every boiling pot you see.<br>Not every joke is humorous, so don't search<br>for meaning where there isn't one.<br>Not every eye can see,<br>not every sea is full of pearls.<br>My heart, sing the song of longing<br>like nightingale.<br>The sound of your voice casts a spell<br>on every stone, on every thorn.<br>First, lay down your head<br>then one by one<br>let go of all distractions.<br>Embrace the light and let it guide you<br>beyond the winds of desire.<br>There you will find a spring and nourished by its pure waters<br>like a tree you will bear fruit forever.<br><br>(From <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.alienshift.com/id25.html" target="top">www.alienshift.com/id25.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> --MaryK) <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

steiner initiated

Postby tal » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:24 am

<br><br><i>"I had a question, you may know more of it, who was the man that initiated Steiner? I read he only referred to him as 'the master'? I was wondering if his real name was ever given?"</i><br><br><br> Steiner was born clarivoyant which he considered to be an unconscious, atavistic condition more suited to earlier ages. He "initiated" himself into "knowledge of the higher worlds" an had no 'master'. You can read his autobiography online: <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA028/TSoML/GA028_index.html">wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA...index.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
tal

Re: steiner initiated

Postby cortez » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:10 am

Steiner is the founder of Anthroposophy. Consider a philosopher and educator in his own right; his teachings embody philosophy, the social sciences, the natural sciences, agricultural, the arts, education, psychology, and religion. Commonly Anthroposophy is said to be based on what Steiner called Spiritual Science; however, in An Outline of Occult Science (1972) in a footnote Steiner writes: "The term 'spiritual science' as is apparent from the context, is here synonymous with the terms 'occult science' and supersensible knowledge.'" (73, 101) Anthroposophy is a unique combination of Rosicrucian, Theosophy, and Christianity.<br><br>On February 27, 1861, Steiner was born in Kraljevic, then a part of Hungary and now in Yugoslavia. His parents were Austrian. His father was a railway clerk and intended his son to become a civil engineer.<br><br>By the age of eight, Steiner possessed clairvoyance awareness of the unseen. The apparition of a dead relative and the visualization of energies produced by the plant kingdom were among his experiences. When discovering geometry in school, he perceived the geometric forms as living realities.<br><br>Steiner, when fifteen, began learning the secret occult lore of plants from Felix Korgutski who eventually introduced him to an adept that was referred to as "the Master," who spiritually initiated him. Steiner never revealed the identity of this latter individual, according to occult tradition.<br><br>The Master taught Steiner his spiritual mission in life; to develop knowledge that synthesized science and religion. To this objective he devoted the rest of his life, guided by what he called "the occult power behind me."...<br><br>(not sure of the website, but I beleive this is where I first came across this)<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/s/steiner_rudolf.html">www.themystica.com/mystic...udolf.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
cortez

Postby cortez » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:17 am

Some more on 'The Master'<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA010/GA010a/English/HR1960/personality.html">wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA...ality.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Beside this inner and contemplative life, his rational and philosophic mind was powerfully developing. Prom sixteen to seventeen years of age, Rudolf Steiner plunged deeply into the study of Kant, Fichte, and Schelling. When he came to Vienna some years after, he became an ardent admirer of Hegel, whose transcendental idealism borders on occultism; but speculative philosophy did not satisfy him. His positive mind demanded the solid basis of the sciences of observation. So he deeply studied mathematics, chemistry, mineralogy, botany, and zoology, “These studies,” he said, “afford a surer basis for the construction of a spiritual system of the universe than history and literature. The latter, wanting in exact methods, would then throw no side-lights on the vast domain of German science.” Inquiring into everything, enamoured of high art, and an enthusiast for poetry, Steiner nevertheless did not neglect literary studies. As a guide therein he found an excellent professor in the person of Julius Schröer, a distinguished scholar of the school of the brothers Grimm, who strove to develop in his pupils the art of oratory and of composition. To this distinguished man the young student owed his great and refined literary culture. “In the desert of prevailing materialism,” says Steiner, “his house was to me an oasis of idealism.”<br><br>But this was not yet the Master whom he sought. Amidst these varied studies and deep meditations, he could as yet discern the building of the universe but in a fragmentary way; his inborn intuition prevented any doubt of the divine origin of things and of a spiritual Beyond. A distinctive mark of this extraordinary man was that he never knew any of those crises of doubt and despair which usually accompany the transition to a definite conviction in the life of mystics and of thinkers. Nevertheless, he felt that the central light which illumines and penetrates the whole was still lacking in him. He had reached young manhood, with its terrible problems. What was he going to do with his life? The sphinx of destiny was facing him. How should he solve its problem?<br><br>It was at the age of nineteen that the aspirant to the mysteries met with his guide — the Master — so long anticipated.<br><br>It is an undoubted fact, admitted by occult tradition and confirmed by experience, that those who seek the higher truth from an impersonal motive find a master to initiate them at the right moments that is to say, when they are ripe for its reception. “Knock, and it shall be opened to you,” said Jesus. That is true with regard to everything, but above all with regard to truth. Only, the desire must be ardent as a flame, in a soul pure as crystal.<br><br>The Master of Rudolf Steiner was one of those men of power who live unknown to the world, under cover of some civil state, to carry out a mission unsuspected by any but their fellows in the Brotherhood of self-sacrificing Masters. They take no ostensible part in human events. To remain unknown is the condition of their power, but their action is only the more efficacious. For they inspire, prepare, and direct those who will act in the sight of all. In the present instance the Master had no difficulty in completing the first and spontaneous initiation of his disciple. He had only, so to speak, to point out to him his own nature, to arm him with his needful weapons. Clearly did he show him the connection between the official and the secret sciences; between the religious and the spiritual forces which are now contending for the guidance of humanity; the antiquity of the occult tradition which holds the hidden threads of history, which mingles them, separates, and reunites them in the course of ages.<br><br>Swiftly he made him clear the successive stages of inner discipline, in order to attain conscious and intelligent clairvoyance, In a few months the disciple learned from oral teaching the depth and incomparable splendour of the esoteric synthesis. Rudolf Steiner had already sketched for himself his intellectual mission: “To re-unite Science and Religion. To bring back God into Science, and Nature into Religion. Thus to re fertilize both Art and Life.” But how to set about this vast and daring undertaking? How conquer, or rather, how tame and transform the great enemy, the Materialistic science of the day, which is like a terrible dragon covered with its carapace and couched on its huge treasure? How master this dragon of modern science and yoke it to the car of spiritual truth? And, above all, how conquer the bull of public opinion?<br><br>Rudolf Steiner's Master was not in the least like himself. He had not that extreme and feminine sensibility which, though not excluding energy, makes every contact an emotion and instantly turns the suffering of others into a personal pain. He was masculine in spirit, a born ruler of men, looking only at the species, and for whom individuals hardly existed. He spared not himself, and he did not spare others. His will was like a ball which, once shot from the cannon's mouth, goes straight to its mark, sweeping off everything in its way. To the anxious questioning of his disciple he replied, in substance:<br><br>“If thou wouldst fight the enemy, begin by understanding him, Thou wilt conquer the dragon only by penetrating his skin. As to the bull, thou must seize him by the horns. It is in the extremity of distress that thou wilt find thy weapons and thy brothers in the fight. I have shown thee who thou art, now go — and be thyself!”<br><br>Rudolf Steiner knew the language of the Masters well enough to understand the rough path that he was thus commanded to tread; but he also understood, that this was the only way to attain the end. He obeyed, and set forth.<br> <p></p><i></i>
cortez

Postby Seventhsonjr » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:38 pm

Thanks for theis stuff, which I did not know about. While I have read MANY of Steiner's books and lectures, I have never read his biography.<br><br>Also, the poen above, is beautiful. Thanks for that. I needed it right now.<br><br>I would add that a lot of Steiner's teachings also come from both Zoroastrianism and Tibetan Buddhism in terms of concepts and terminology.<br><br>When Meher Baba announced his "Sufism Reoriented" he said he came to synthesize and move beyoind the current religions which he said were rivers running dry in the current age. He said he wanted to flood the rivers with oceans of love and Knowledge.<br><br>This I found in a book called, "The Beloved"<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Seventhsonjr

Rudolf Steiner's "master"

Postby tal » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:34 pm

<br> <br> I've been reading Steiner for more than 20 years, though had never read his autobiography until your comment sent me on a search to verify or refute Edouard Schuré who remains the only contemporary who makes such a claim. I'm inclined to see Schuré's biographical piece through the lens of "poetic license" rather than as factual reporting since Steiner's life's work was devoted to his thesis that we each possess the innate ability to achieve "supersensible vision" on our own, WITHOUT either teacher or master of any kind. It's possible Schuré is referring to the Guardian of the Threshold when he speaks of Steiner's "master" but that would certainly be no "man of power ... under cover of some civil state".<br><br> <br><br> from <br>steiner's autobiography<br><br><br> "And this is what happened to me always at that time in this manner of my perception of the spiritual world. No one would pay any attention to it. From all directions persons would come with all sorts of spiritistic stuff. With this I in turn would have nothing to do. It was distasteful to me to approach the spiritual in such a way.<br><br>It then chanced that I became acquainted with a simple man of the plain people. Every week he went to Vienna by the same train that I took. He gathered medicinal plants in the country and sold them to apothecaries in Vienna. We became friends. With him it was possible to talk about the spiritual world as with one who had his own experience therein. He was a personality of inner piety. He was quite without schooling. He had read very many mystical books, but what he said was not at all influenced by this reading. It was the outflowing of a spiritual life which was marked by its own quite elementary creative wisdom. It was easy to perceive that he read these books only because he wished to find in others what he knew for himself. He revealed himself as if he, as a personality, were only the mouthpiece for a spiritual content which desired to utter itself out of hidden fountains. When one was with him one could get a glimpse deep into the secrets of nature. He carried on his back his bundle of medicinal plants; but in his heart he bore results which he had won from the spirituality of nature in the gathering of these herbs. I have seen many a man smile who now and then chanced to make a third party while I walked through the streets of Vienna with this “initiate.” No wonder; for his manner of expression was not to be understood at once. One had first in a certain sense to learn his spiritual dialect. To me also it was at first unintelligible. But from our first acquaintance I was in the deepest sympathy with him. And so I gradually came to feel as if I were in company with a soul of the most ancient times who – quite unaffected by the civilization, science, and general conceptions of the present age – brought to me an instinctive knowledge of earlier eras.<br><br>According to the usual conception of “learning,” one might say that it would be impossible to “learn” anything from this man. But, if one possessed in oneself a perception of the spiritual world, one might obtain glimpses very deep into this world through another who had a firm footing there. Moreover, anything of the nature of mere dreams was utterly foreign to this personality. When one entered his home, one was in the midst of the most sober and simplest family of country folk. Above the entrance to his home were the words: “With the blessing of God, all things are good.” One was entertained just as by other village people. I always had to drink coffee there, not from a cup, but from a porridge bowl(11) which held nearly a litre; with this I had to eat a piece of bread of enormous dimensions. Nor did the villagers by any means look upon the man as a dreamer. There was no occasion for jesting at his behaviour in his village. Besides, he possessed a sound, wholesome humour, and knew how to chat, whenever he met with young or old of the village folk, in such fashion that the people liked to hear him talk. There was no one who smiled like those persons that watched him and me going together through the streets of Vienna, and these persons simply perceived in him some thing quite foreign to themselves.<br><br>This man always continued to be, even after life had taken me again far away from him, very close to me in soul. He appears in my mystery plays in the person of Felix Balde."<br><br><br> from Walter Johannes Stein's "Rudolf Steiner's Life and Work":<br><br> When Rudolf Steiner was very young he used to go by train every morning to the Technical High School in Vienna. This same train was used by a man who had highly developed powers of clairvoyance. He gathered herbs and used to sell them to chemists in Vienna. Rudolf Steiner at once struck up a friendship with this man, who was poor and completely uneducated in the modern sense. His name was Felix Kakotzy, and he showed Rudolf Steiner the Signs and Symbols of the Rosicrucian Order which were published by Henricus Madathanus Theosophus, and are mentioned, without being explained, in Blavatsky's "Isis Unveiled". Rudolf Steiner was very interested in the understanding of nature possessed by this simple man. Much later on he told some of us that there was still living in Felix Kakotzy the last remnant of the Aristotelian knowledge of nature which had been passed on through centuries by tradition from mouth to mouth. This meeting was important for Rudolf Steiner, because Kakotzy was a link with the a kind of knowledge that was just dying out and he realised that what was necessary now was a renewal of alchemistic science but in an entirely new form, founded on modern science. Whenever Rudolf Steiner spoke of Kakotzy it was with great love. He has introduced him as one of the characters in his Mystery Plays, under the name of Felix Balde."<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
tal

Re: Rudolf Steiner's "master"

Postby Seventhsonjr » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:03 am

Thanks for that stuff Tal.<br><br>I am reading Schure at the moment too ("The Great Initiates") which is pretty interesting if overly moralistic (sex is pretty much damned as opposed to spirituality and i think that is a crock) and explores the initiation rituals of great male souls (again it misses the female initiates completely, it seems --- but that is a function of the times he wrote in (late 19th century, among other things such as the oppressive morality of socalled Christianity)<br><br>As an herbalist more or less I think that story of the herbalist is just really cool to know.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Seventhsonjr

Re: Rudolf Steiner's "master"

Postby cortez » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:12 am

Needed some inspiring quotes, this is from 'The Science of Being' by Eugene Fersen 1923<br><br><br>...What does it mean, THE SUM OF ALL<br>INTELLIGENCES, THE ONE INTELLIGENCE,<br>IS THE GREAT PRINCIPLE, THE<br>ABSOLUTE, CALLED GOD? It means that<br>all intelligences throughout the whole<br>Universe, all thoughts, the creative intellect<br>of the genius, and the little mentality of a<br>cell in the body, that has only enough sense<br>to do its proper duty so as to work for us automatically,<br>taking all of them as One Great<br>Whole, make THAT ONE INTELLIGENCE<br>WHICH WE GALL COSMIC MIND, THE<br>SELF-CONCIOUSNESS OF THE UNIVERSE.<br>And whenever we feel one with that<br>Cosmic Mind, we can draw all the knowledge<br>there is from that Consciousness, and<br>we Know; we can know all without studying,<br>without the process even of reasoning. We<br>do not need to go from one point to another,<br>for we are then comprehensive and include<br>all points. We have the Whole before us and<br>we are a part of the Whole. Again like a<br>drop, one with the ocean it is strong, outside<br>it is weak. It is not because we like it<br>or believe it to be so, but because IT IS THE<br>LAW. ALL IS ONE INTELLIGENCE AND WE<br>ARE PART OF IT.<br>THE SUM OF ALL TRUTHS, THE ONE<br>'I'RUTH, IS THE GREAT PRINCIPLE, THE<br>ABSOLUTE, CALLED COD. That means<br>that everything which REALLY IS from<br>Eternity unto Eternity, every Law, no<br>matter if it is a little law or if it is a Universal<br><br><br>Law, every Truth ever thought or spoken,<br>make ONE GREAT ALL, ONE UNIVERSAL<br>TRUTH-AND WE ARE PART OF IT. Whenever<br>then we realize that ONE-NESS with the<br>Great Truth and stand for that Truth and<br>live It, we have the whole of the Truth of<br>the Universe back of us, because we are<br>part of It, as a drop is part of the Ocean.<br>The drop may be on the top of the wave; it<br>is not the force of the drop which makes it<br>rise, it is the force of the wave, and the wave<br>is a part of the ocean. So are we. When we<br>stand for Truth we know that we are one<br>with the Great Truth. We have then<br>irresistible and invincible Power with us<br>because the Great Principle----God----is that<br>One Truth.<br><br>THE SUM OF ALL LOVES, THE ONE<br>LOVE, IS THE GREAT PRINCIPLE, THE<br>ABSOLUTE, CALLED GOD. What does it<br>mean? It means every affection, every<br>fervent emotion, every loving thought,<br>word, look or deed-all these loves, be it the<br>love which makes worlds vibrate, or the<br>little unconscious love of two chemicals, put<br>in the presence of one another and combining<br>because they are mutually attracted loves<br>small and great, conscious or unconscious,<br>sublime or low, taken together into One<br>Great Whole, make THE ONE INFINITE,<br>UNIVERSAL LOVE FOR WHICH NOTHING<br>IS TOO GREAT. Whenever we love unselfishly,<br>not from our own personal little self, but<br><br>from the Great Self, then that Ocean of<br>Infinite Power and Harmony is immediately<br>behind us in its GREATEST, MOST BEAUTIFUL<br>MANIFESTATION OF LOVE-the manifestation<br>which is last and yet is first because<br>it is the most important, and because it is<br>THE GREAT PRINCIPLE, THE ABSOLUTE.<br>Therefore, whenever we love unselfishly and<br>manifest that Love, the whole of the<br>Universe's Love stands behind us, and<br>THERE IS NO GREATER POWER ON EARTH<br>OR IN HEAVEN THAN THAT.<br>And finally, THE SUM ALL BEINGS,<br>THE ONE BEING IS THE GREAT<br>PRINCIPLE, THE ABSOLUTE, CALLED GOD.<br>What does that mean? It means that all<br>the individual beings, whether worlds, stars,<br>planets, human beings, animals, plants,<br>minerals, cells, atoms, electrons-the smallest<br>things everywhere and the biggest<br>things make ONE, ARE ONE INFINITE,<br>UNIVERSAL BEING, THE BODY OF WHICH<br>IS THE UNIVERSE, THE MIND COSMIC<br>INTELLIGENCE, AND THE SOUL INFINITE<br>LOVE.<br><br>Taken all together with their bodies,<br>minds, and souls, holding together through<br>the indissoluble Force of Attraction, yet<br>retaining their eternal identities, moving<br>freely in their own individual orbits, attracted<br>one to another by the Law of Attraction,<br>working throughout the Universe, THEY<br>CONSTITUTE ONE GREAT BEING, just as<br>each cell of our body, attracted to other<br><br>cells, form this very body of ours. The body<br>is made up of minute individual cells and<br>yet it is a complete whole, which is strong<br>and has its own powers. So it is with that<br>One Great Being. It is made up of all of us;<br>we are an eternal part of it; and THAT BEING<br>IS CALLED THE GREAT PRINCIPLE, THE<br>ABSOLUTE, OR GOD... <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=cortez@rigorousintuition>cortez</A> at: 9/5/05 12:13 am<br></i>
cortez

PreviousNext

Return to Spirituality