The Way In is the Way Out

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Consciousness

Postby Peg C » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:50 am

Thank you very much for initiating this thread. Something IS happening. Last night, I posted Yeats' "The Second Coming" at another site, instinctually.<br><br>On a blowsy day in the early '60's, at the age of fifteen, I penned the following sappiness - which might have been my intuition of the future and the expansion of consciousness:<br><br>"...<br>Is LIVING to forget this gale and move, insignificant among my kind,<br>Through toil and artificial torment,<br>Or is it to ride the wind - as nature pleads -<br>To inevitable emptiness or divine understanding?"<br><br>I've had extraordinary experience since with "sympathies" anbd "synchronicities." And they are all associated with total acceptance, "love" if you will.<br><br>I believe we are evolving very fast. I devoutly hope so.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Peg C

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Anthroposophia

Postby Seventhsonjr » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:19 am

Cortez (and others) Thanks for this:<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Seventhsonjr that was really a wonderful post,<br><br>I feel a true lack of words to describe what I feel on these subjects. <br><br>Steiner's writings (of what I've read) have been very helpful in explaining these concepts. He is not alone in good explanation, but he has a long legacy as a testament of sorts.<br><br>What you wrote of the deep fears during the war I believe we are again at the point where we, the new underground need to push forward. I have found strength in knowing there is nothing we should fear in death, I should add I have not totally lost it yet. Strangely there seems to be a fear of writing of it, of communicating what I really feel in my heart is necessary. That we build now a sort of network of love, we speak of truth. We have exposed what the other side is now, we need attention on what is right. What will bring more and more courage.<br><br>I have felt the fear that is strangling tongues now, the doubt, the fear that they will stand out, or be laughed at, fear they will be killed in the future. It will only be that way if we say and do nothing.<br><br>I'm betting the light side has much more to offer, that these arhimanic forces have in some sense already lost (I call it an intuition), and all we must do it speak of it.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br><br><br>One of the things that I hope to do one day before to long is announce at Rigorous Intuition the publication date for my book and hope that it will spread around the net. When I do that I will, by necessity, have to reveal my name, my background, who my father was, and why I am writing this book (and working on film projects about this story),<br><br>The reason I have stayed anonymous so far is the SERIOUS types of death threats and harassment I have recieved in the past for my journalistic endeavours and investigation and research and publishing online and as a journalist and academic.<br><br>I am from a family that is in the heart of the ivy league prep school wasp insanity. My father was from that elite (my mother, fench and irish and scottish, was not, however, she was a journalist, a poet, and a teacher). They are both gone now.<br><br>But my father opposed the old boy wasp and secret society network that backed Hitler from the halls of power in NYC (Wall Street), Washington DC, and Europe. But he paid a heavy price and it ruined him financially and careerwise.<br><br>I was for years afraid to speak out too loudly after I became a target and victim of COINTELPRO when I was a college student and Bush I was head of the CIA. That is when the death threats began and my first wife said that I had to STOP (and foir her I did). But that is over now and my wife now fears, but understands the necessity. I had other close relatives who were targetd by Hoover and COINTELPRO for their activist work and one, a lawyer, almost lost his life due to agents-provocateurs who targeted him for his civil and human rights work.<br><br>So the issue of whether to speak out, how and what to say is really important to me. I feel that:<br><br>Millions of people could be saved , maybe even billions in the long run, if we speak out courageously and out of love of humanity (and not just out of hatred of fascism and the fascists who are killing us).<br><br>Anyway - I am grateful for the positive feedback here and especially to you Chavez for bringing it forward.<br><br>My Dad, who was essentially a "Nazi-profiler" in his role as an intelligence operative for both the US AND the antiNazi movement clandestinely. grew up in the belly of the fascist beast (as did I to some extent). The DANGERS of speaking out I carry with me daily. The threats of heinous murders of my wife and children (and me) were REAL for my antiBFEE postings in the past. (Now they seem to pretty much leave me alone since I am banned at DU and other higher profile sites diue to badjacketing).<br><br>But I am still a target.<br><br>The POWER of faith in the righteousness of opposing evil in its current form of fascism - even at the risk of ones life -- is VERY STRONG. I do believe it is the only think that cabn defeat the hydra. But we must be willing to speak out even at the risk of death out of love for our children and humanity. I believe that our souls, the saouls of those who believe and preactive goodness, will indeed see a reward if we pay the ultimate price: there are many karmic mansions if indeed the soul is immortal (if it is at all righteous and not corrupt and evil).<br><br>Steiner, i think, helps one see the difference.<br><br>It helped my father see the difference (which is why I am writing and speaking publicly about it).<br><br>The Watchers who watch know who I am and they occasionally mess with me --- but I am too smal afry for them to fear.<br><br>But I must add this one point: my job as I see it now for my children and for all the children of humanity from now until the darkening of human existence is to help others realize and understand the nuts and bolyts and methodologies of evil (fascism) and to expose it and to show the alternative to the path of vile and greedy and brute materialism.<br><br>I must also add this too: if we do not recognize that humanity and the earth is at an apocalyptic tipping point due to the exploitation of the earth's atmosphere and water and land --- and the very souuld of the earth --- then we are blind.<br><br>Humanity is in absolute crisis. We are very much like Polish or Hungarian Jews in the 1940's. We are essentially doomed unless we dig in underground and oppose the machine and plan for our survival.<br><br>I do in fact find Jesus's words (aside from whether or not he is God or the sone of God or the one true messiah who rose from the dead) on this point very instructive (paraphrasing) : blessed is the man who knows when the robbers will come to break into his house, for he will be prepared and he can drive the thieves and killers away.<br><br>This phrase has many analogies (I am reading the Gospel of Thomas now and it is pretty deep to try to get these sayings): but one analogy is to the political climate in the days of Jesus and their parallels to today.<br><br>The age of kali Yuga (Kali is the Goddess of Destruction and Yuga means, simply "age" or "aeon" CERTAINLY has its very apt representations and parallels in the BFEE and the global wars and the Nuclear age (DU and radiation sickness and death on a global scale).<br><br>To dismiss the concept of a "final destruction" is to believe that man is simply not capable of destroting humanity and virtually rendering the globe uninhabitable (fopr the first time in known history - it is possible within a matter of minutes, or , at least, hours).<br><br>Now I do not know how fallible the old prophets or jesus or Muhaamed or the Buddha were (or Steiner, for that matter0 but I know that this LOOKS like an age which can well be described as an age of possible total annihilation.<br><br>And if this means there is a sort of spiritual battle of Armageddon, I think we are dead in the center of it.<br><br>Love is mightier than hate, though. The pen (or the keyboard or the videocamera and taperecorder, the worldwideweb) is mightier than the bomb.<br><br>Since ultimately, in my opinion, the scales of infinity and the universe must tip back to the divine bliss, I do not fear the evil.<br><br>i do fear for the suffering of innocents and I really really hate pain and the suffering of loved ones.<br><br>But i do have faith that there are people who inside our government and outside it, who KNOW that this Bush beast is totally corrupt, that they are part of a long intergnerational line of treasonous Hitler backers and fascists, and that the hope of humanity lies not in destroying people like us who believe in peace and hope and love === but in exposing and indicting and imprisoning those who have sold out our country to traitors, buffoons, criminals, common thieves, and uncommonly wicked imbeciles and malefactors.<br><br>We MUST Speak out.<br><br>As Lion Feuctwanger (and others) have said:<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong> "If not us, who? If not now, when?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Be of good cheer. Fear Not. As they say around these parts: "God don't like ugly."<br><br>And the BFEE is ugly.<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Seventhsonjr

God loves me

Postby robertdreed » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:35 am

ugly though I may be.<br><br>"Ugly" doesn't begin to cut it, in view of the crimes of these adversaries.<br><br>acronyms<br><br>BFEE=Bush Family Evil Empire, presumably.<br><br>I think that gives them too much credit...much like all the other "single family" conspiracies. Even "dirty dozen bloodlines" allegations don't mean that much to me. <br><br>antiaristo...hmm, let's say I'm sympathetic. <br><br>Dynastic Money continuing reliance on Bad Money- even in relatively young dynasties...perhaps trouble, I think. <br><br>The older and more successful, the worse. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 8/3/05 5:37 am<br></i>
robertdreed

Re: God loves me

Postby Seventhsonjr » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:41 am

It's just an expression. Don't take it literally.<br><br>What it means, if I have to explain it, is a very simplistic view of why in the long run evil must lose and goodness will win.<br><br>Evil is ugly. <br><br>I was trying to wrap up the esoteric with a simple expression used by millions to say that people who do bad things will be held accountable.<br><br>Don't be so literl. Please. It was meant to bring a smile and some hope.- <p></p><i></i>
Seventhsonjr

Gotcha

Postby robertdreed » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:12 am

Seventhson, <br><br>The way language is often taken- bought, sold, ripped off, pulled like taffy, and misconstrued- these days, particularly on the Internet- I often find myself resembling a stickler for new frontiers in Politically Correct speech. <br><br>"Lookism" is one of those frontiers...I wish humans would keep in mind that even at their most beautiful and graceful, they are preposterous creatures. And I've seen a lot of "ugly beauty", as Thelonious Monk once titled a song. But it's an age that emphasizes cosmetic surfaces, image, dazzling appearances, and glamour, and I think that's...problematic. Humans still don't have it sorted out about the new visual technologies. <br><br>I try to be more rigorous with myself than anyone else, in terms of developing an empathy for potential unintended slights. I'm trying to pay more attention to detoxifying my overly virulent intentional barbs as well, which I've been known to edit or delete after the heat of a first draft. I want an edge on my prose, but trash talk isn't really what I'm looking for as the epitome of my personal style. <br><br>And what I might say out loud and informally to a friend, I tend to clean up for the internet. I don't cuss nearly as much on-line as I do out loud, I know that. And even that, I'm striving to do away with. <br><br>Neal Cassady considered cussing to be sign of "spirutual sloth." Over time, I increasingly find myself agreeing with him about that. <br><br>Anyway, no serious offense taken. Actually, I want you to hammer the Evil Empire even worse...chapter and verse. <br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 8/3/05 3:44 am<br></i>
robertdreed

seventhson

Postby human » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:19 am

so let me get this straight....<br><br>Steiner = A- OK<br>Crowley = BOO! HISS!!! EVIL!!!!<br><br>hmm...<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
human

not quite...

Postby robertdreed » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:25 am

From what I know of them both, I admit to favoring Steiner by a wide margin.<br><br>But I have to admit, Crowley is often funnier. <br><br>Additionally, I'm a fan of that antique form, the non-fiction prose essay. And Crowley is an outstanding essayist. His "Lectures on Yoga" is a model of what expository prose should be. <br><br>That said, my readings of the works of either Steiner or Crowley have been quite limited. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=robertdreed>robertdreed</A> at: 8/3/05 3:35 am<br></i>
robertdreed

good and evil

Postby Avalon » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:16 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"What it means, if I have to explain it, is a very simplistic view of why in the long run evil must lose and goodness will win.<br><br>Evil is ugly."</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>I always liked Mammy Yoakum's definition: "Good is better than evil because it is nicer."<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Avalon

Re: good and evil

Postby cortez » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:32 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>But I must add this one point: my job as I see it now for my children and for all the children of humanity from now until the darkening of human existence is to help others realize and understand the nuts and bolts and methodologies of evil (fascism) and to expose it and to show the alternative to the path of vile and greedy and brute materialism.<br><br>I must also add this too: if we do not recognize that humanity and the earth is at an apocalyptic tipping point due to the exploitation of the earth's atmosphere and water and land --- and the very soul of the earth --- then we are blind.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Seventhsonjr, it looks like you are going to really give these bastards both guns with what you may know of things. I can not pretend to know what risks you may open yourself up to in doing it, but I know you most likely know how to handle them.<br><br>If they are still listening they must know there's allot of noise out there right now, and allot of tabs to keep track of, we know allot more than we did 4 years ago, and we are talking.<br><br>There is no fear in the truth, once you know what it is. There may be fear of the future, that is something I had not be looking foreword to but I have look back and say ,I'm in it now. Not as bad as I thought it could be. It could be worse.<br><br>I have to thank 'them' for taking snapshots of Abu Gharib, it gives us a glimpse of their planned future, the same one these Nazi's seem to come to again and again. <br><br>I am at that loss of words again,<br><br>...150,000 Englishmen were able to run an India with 300 million Indians only because the Indians didn’t do anything. As soon as one man, Gandhi, did something, the house of cards began collapsing. Soon Gandhi asked for more and more and the whole thing snowballed. Now imagine if there were two Gandhis or five. And imagine if everyone read a book which gives a general picture of who the ruling people are and how they operate. Imagine what could happen then. It would be all over...<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=cortez@rigorousintuition>cortez</A> at: 8/3/05 10:58 pm<br></i>
cortez

ummm...

Postby human » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:17 am

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>...150,000 Englishmen were able to run an India with 300 million Indians only because the Indians didn’t do anything. As soon as one man, Gandhi, did something, the house of cards began collapsing. Soon Gandhi asked for more and more and the whole thing snowballed. Now imagine if there were two Gandhis or five. And imagine if everyone read a book which gives a general picture of who the ruling people are and how they operate. Imagine what could happen then. It would be all over...</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>imagination is great, but your historical perspective is imaginary.<br><br>you are talking like India is a land of rainbows & gumdrops. because of Gandhi.... certainly no thanks to the rest of the pussies in the country....<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>im just not seeing the same thing.....<br><br>keep it positive though, just try to keep things in perspective...<br><br>one<br>human?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
human

Re: ummm...

Postby cortez » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:06 am

which perspective?<br><br>I was quoting something out of context, in that last bit. So I apologize for not making sense, it won't be the last time I'm sure.<br><br>I'm trying to get at the heart of the matter, sometimes it bypasses the head.<br><br>Of course there are more Gandhi's, much more than one human<br><br>"Gandhi was inevitable. If humanity is to progress,<br>Gandhi is inescapable.<br>He lived, thought and acted,<br>inspired by the vision of humanity evolving toward<br>a world of peace and harmony.<br>We may ignore Gandhi at our own risk."<br>- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. <p></p><i></i>
cortez

Gandhi

Postby Seventhson » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:24 pm

Human -<br><br>I think that Gandhiji had millions of followerts and practitioners of Satyagraha (my favorite brand of rebellion).<br><br>Chavez is right. One human can make a difference.<br><br>The thing is that Fascism (and Anglo-German Aryan Fascism) never sleeps and continues to grow like Camus' "The Plague". <br><br>MLK chnaged things. JFK changed things. RFK changed things. Malcolm X changed things. Jesus changed things. Meer Baba is changing things. Steiner changed things (ALL OF THESE FOR THE BETTER)<br><br>All were opposed or destroyed (except Meher Baba) by fascists.<br><br>The point is that faith in the work of love and sacrifice as in the Satyagraha form --- and the fact of fearless leaders who are willing to die for the love of one's humanity and freedom of spirit in the opposition to hate and treachery --- in Love --- this work goes on.<br><br>To call the Indians a group of pussies is beyond the pale and provocateurish. Gandhi was their leader. He was murdered.<br><br>The work continues.<br><br>But one human CAN make a difference in conjunction with others who believe in the goddness of opposing evil. <p></p><i></i>
Seventhson

dilemma

Postby manxkat » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:24 pm

Lots of food for thought here in this thread -- much appreciated.<br><br>Seventhson, you really got me thinking about my recent decision to pull back from speaking out. As a composer and musician with my own web site, I had been posting a lot of articles and resources which I believed were doing two things: (1) showing that I was willing to speak out; and (2) spreading the truth that the MSM (mainstream media) ignores or covers up.<br><br>But, after several years of having these "truth" pages on my site, and with almost zero reaction from my listenership, in conjunction with growing fears of being placed on some sort of list of "undesirables," I caved in and removed those pages.<br><br>I've been feeling guilty and defeated ever since. But, frankly, I do believe fascism is going to be on the rise before truth and light win out. And, my elderly mother lives with me now, and I don't want to put her in jeopardy if I might end up being a target.<br><br>Sometimes I feel that I'm being overly paranoid, but then I look at reality and I look at history, and I read the words of people who are connecting the dots in our current predicament.<br><br>I've taken the red pill, but at this point feel that I know too much and can't really do anything about it except spread the word non-publicly -- and, in most cases, my words fall on deaf ears. The darkness is a lonely place. Glad to have found some kindred souls here at RI, even though it's merely a two-dimensional reality....<br><br>I'd like to put my truth pages back up on my site -- I feel it's my duty to humanity, my small contribution, if nothing else -- but, I fear for my safety and that of my family. Suggestions or thoughts are most welcome.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
manxkat

Manxkat

Postby Seventhsonjr » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:16 pm

brb <p></p><i></i>
Seventhsonjr

Manxkat

Postby Seventhson » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:27 pm

Soory for the above blip. I thought I could log in on the post with my ezboard name but noooo...<br><br>Now I can't edit it. Oh welll.<br><br>I wanted to share this with you and may put it in its own post.<br><br>But a few thoughts first.<br><br>Hannah Arendt writes in "Eichmann in Jerusalem" about the "problem" of resistance.<br><br>She was severely criticized and even called a self-hating Jew for discussing this issue and the Jews who "cooperated" with the Nazis in hopes of survival.<br><br>Something like 90% of them were exterminated <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>anyway</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->.<br><br>Those who ran away and resisted had a much higher survival rate - closer to 50% (although I would venture to say this is an educated guess.<br><br>But also there is the issue of the quote of the priest about not speaking out for others (communists, Jews, Social Democrats, gays, "gypsies" (Roma) because you are not in danger.<br><br>When the come to take you away to the ccamps there is no one left to speak out for you.<br><br>I personally believe in the immortality of the good soul. <br><br>I subscribe to love and nonviolence and resistance to evil.<br><br>To protect the lives of innocents, especially children and the poor and widows and orphans, the elderly, ill and imprisoned --- and to give one's life for humanity -- is the highest good.<br><br>When Lion Feuchtwanger wrote: "if not us, whom? If not now, when?" )I believe this is in a book called "Simone", but Primo Levy uses the expression years later also) he meant that if we who have knowledge do not to protect humanity and the earth from evil, then we are essentially doomed.<br><br>I was going to post a piece on the subject by Meher Baba --- bt will do so on its own thread. So look for it. It is called "Have Hope"<br><br> <br><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Seventhson

PreviousNext

Return to Spirituality