The Way In is the Way Out

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Baron Eugene Fersen

Postby cortez » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:21 am

I'm sure, but may be a candidate for the teacher of Rudolph Steiner.

He instructed Max Freedom Long (Huna Magic)

anyway here's a link to start with

http://www.scienceofbeing.com/html/baro ... ersen.html
cortez

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Pierre d'Achoppement » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:35 am

Great topic, it reminds me of a lot of stuff from the past, so I just had to react. Here's an inspiring & thought-inspiring quote form Steiner on (native American) Indians:

"It isn't because of the whims of the Europeans that the Indian population has died out, but because of the Indian population had to acquire those forces that led it to die out."

I hope we can all keep evolving into love and nothingness!

Peace out :)
Pierre d'Achoppement

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby illogik » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:40 am

great thread, i'm new here, looks like there's some great stuff going on.
you and me are the ones we're all shining suns/united by the one verse that the tongue/of god creates when sung from the lungs/from the depths of breath is where it all begun
illogik

Re:

Postby MinM » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Pierre d'Achoppement wrote:Great topic, it reminds me of a lot of stuff from the past, so I just had to react. Here's an inspiring & thought-inspiring quote form Steiner on (native American) Indians:

"It isn't because of the whims of the Europeans that the Indian population has died out, but because of the Indian population had to acquire those forces that led it to die out."

I hope we can all keep evolving into love and nothingness!

Peace out :)

NYT: Afghan President Hamid Karzai calls US soldiers “demons”

KABUL, Afghanistan — The Americans in Afghanistan are “demons.”

¶ They claim they burned Korans by mistake, but really those were “Satanic acts that will never be forgiven by apologies.”

¶ The massacre of 16 Afghan children, women and men by an American soldier “was not the first incident, indeed it was the 100th, the 200th and 500th incident.”

¶ Such harsh talk may sound as if it comes from the Taliban, but those are all remarks either made personally by the United States’ increasingly hostile ally here, President Hamid Karzai, or issued by his office in recent days and weeks.

¶ The strongest such outburst came Friday. “Let’s pray for God to rescue us from these two demons,” Mr. Karzai said, apparently holding back tears at a meeting with relatives of the massacre victims, and clearly referring to the United States and the Taliban in the same breath. “There are two demons in our country now.”

¶ Ever since the Koran-burning episode on Feb. 20 and its violent aftermath, the relationship between the two governments has lurched from one crisis to another. American officials have scrambled to run damage control, with President Obama expressing a personal apology for the Koran burning, as well as regrets about the massacre, while calling Mr. Karzai twice in the past week.

¶ The White House went to lengths last week to depict Mr. Karzai’s call for Americans to hand over control a year earlier, by 2013, as no change in policy — only to have Mr. Karzai pointedly insist the next day that it was. The Americans fret that Mr. Karzai is making a difficult job almost impossible, with demands they often see as unreasonable; Mr. Karzai worries that the Americans seek to undermine him, and may yet abandon his country and him, once again, to their fate.

¶ The Koran burnings brought these differences into sharp relief, and led to a rupture in trust some view as irreparable. After an American unit at Bagram Air Base inadvertently burned Korans, embassy officials were deeply worried about an investigation conducted by the country’s Ulema Council, its highest religious body.

¶ The council’s pronouncements, however, are closely controlled by Mr. Karzai’s office — they are even issued by the presidential palace — and American officials were assured by senior members on the president’s staff that the council’s report would be tough but not incendiary.

¶ “We were ready to get knocked a bit,” said an American official who asked not to be identified to preserve his relationship with Afghan officials. “We messed up pretty badly.”

¶ The original draft, in fact, was relatively moderate, American and Afghan officials said. But at the last minute more hard-line elements of Mr. Karzai’s staff weighed in, and the joint statement finally issued by the Ulema Council and the palace used language like “Satanic act” and “unforgivable, wild and inhuman” about the book burnings, and “justifiable emotion” in regard to the violent reaction, which claimed the lives of at least 29 Afghans and 6 Americans.

¶ Western diplomats have often viewed Mr. Karzai’s outbursts as playing to the galleries, meant for consumption by his own people only, not as serious statements of policy. But the galleries also include the public in the United States and its NATO allies, where majorities in nearly every country oppose remaining in Afghanistan, and every new contretemps risks further eroding an already tenuous support.

¶ “I think this is very serious because Mr. Karzai has always had a very ambivalent attitude toward the West and toward the war — he has never really believed violence is the answer,” said Sir Sherard Cowper-Coles, the British ambassador to Afghanistan from 2007 through 2009. “He is also very conscious and very resentful that his political survival and even perhaps his personal safety depend on the Americans.”...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/world ... arzai.html
Earth-704509
MinM

Re: The Way In is the Way Out

Postby Simulist » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Afghan President Hamid Karzai calls US soldiers “demons”

God, I'm sick of that kind of thinking — sick, mostly, because I've engaged in it for so long, and it made me sick.

It's easy to demonize people — especially when it seems like they so richly deserve it! — but it's sick thinking.

It doesn't make anything any better, and it makes those of us who engage in it worse for the effort.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Previous

Return to Spirituality