Karma, do we reap what we sow?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Karma, do we reap what we sow?

Postby sickofit » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:02 pm

just wondering what are your thoughts on Karma?<br><br>i don't know what to make of it sometimes because on the on hand i see clearly how in my own life i've experienced things that i've caused others to experience, good and bad. also i see this happening to the people i know. <br><br>but then, how come it seems that the secret elite and their minions escape this law of karma. for all the blood on their hands, for all the crimes, karma doesn't seem to make them accountable. now i know there are those who will say they will have their punishment in the final judgment but that not really the karma i'm speaking of, the judgment is really like a force coming a some specific time in the future. karma is the force that is continually influencing what we experience in the now... IMO anyway.<br><br>so this got me to thinking that perhaps this is why this elite uses numerology in almost everything they do. maybe there's a way to manipulate karmic depts. maybe these secret rituals they have are again to manipulate this aspect of life so they can keep their power.<br><br>it's hard to believe in a divine form of justice when for thousands of years the few have ruled the many with yet still no accountabilty because it's ALL of the same bloodlines that rule the many today.<br><br>the more things change, the more they stay the same. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sickofit@rigorousintuition>sickofit</A> at: 12/12/05 5:56 pm<br></i>
sickofit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby rapt » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:44 pm

Perhaps this concept of karma is just another part of the brainwashing scheme that has kept us under control for all these centuries. I don't know; am bringing it up to compare with all those other myths we have become accustomed to believing.<br><br>Reality-as-we-know-it. I discuss this with my dog sometimes, since he has a fresh unadulterated perspective. <p></p><i></i>
rapt

Re: Karma

Postby Col Quisp » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:55 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Reality-as-we-know-it. I discuss this with my dog sometimes, since he has a fresh unadulterated perspective.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Can't resist making this stupid joke: Did your karma run over your dogma?<br><br>I believe there is karma, but I don't think we can understand it because it takes into account a lot of things we are not aware of. Karma is really the universe's balancing act.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

Re: Karma

Postby sickofit » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:07 pm

yes karma is definetly a complex balancing act of the universe...but why are the elite immune to this? <br><br>to elaborate, i don't mean karma as "well they'll be born as rats the next life" type, i mean what goes around comes around type. <br><br>but as also mentioned the karma is probably just another ancient brainwashing meme. <p></p><i></i>
sickofit

If there is karma...

Postby banned » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:56 pm

...it doesn't act like a boomerang in this incarnation, obviously--otherwise Hitler would have died millions of times for all the people he killed. Whether or not he's now a parasite in someone's colon working his way back up to human, or is somehow suffering in another human incarnation, I don't know. Logically, karma makes more sense to me than one life where you either get it right or screw up and based on that you get an eternity in heaven or hell. If in each incarnation we have lessons to learn, and how we handle them determines what the next lesson is, and if the ultimate goal is to learn wisdom and compassion, then I suppose you can justify suffering. But for me the snag is, to learn something you have to be conscious. How do tiny babies who die horribly, or old people like my dad with Alzheimer's, learn any lessons? Sure, maybe you can claim they're learning on a 'soul level' even though their conscious minds are undeveloped, or deteriorated.<br><br>That's all philosophizing. In practical terms, I don't think it matters if you believe in many lives, one life then judgment, or one life and then you go back to dust--if you do what is right, you have nothing to worry about in any of the situations (of course if you're dust you have nothing, period, but we don't know if in the moments before death, when the old cliche tells us our lives 'flash before our eyes', we don't make some kind of judgment on ourselves and either die content or die ashamed.<br><br>It also seems to me that if you do something good but do it so YOU get good karma, or do something so you'll go to heaven, it's kind of missing the point which is that the true saints love what is good for its own sake and do what is right because it is right, not for their own self-aggrandizement. Whether there is karma or a judgment after one life my guess is that one of the lessons of wisdom we're supposed to be learning--and a very hard one it is, hence the small number of real saints--is that in the end it is not about us at all, with our little egos. We're not supposed to become these wonderful people who do nice things, we're supposed to literally embody compassion and justice, so that there is no more little ego. We do what is right the way water flows or carrots are orange. It's innate, we could no longer do otherwise.<br><br>Now, I think it must take most souls quite a few trips around the old bases to get that down. Many can aspire to it, but few achieve it in threescore and ten.<br><br>Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, no one consulted me concerning the design of the universe. If they had, I would have suggested leaving out things like death, cancer, deformities, and neoconservatives, and chocolate no matter how much you ate would only be one calorie. <p></p><i></i>
banned

"There's A Dead Dogma in the Middle of the Road"

Postby Floyd Smoots » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:48 pm

Col Quisp, stop it, stop it right now! Oh, gal, I'm still laffin' while I'm tryin' ta type this. Even at my ancient age, I had never heard that one before!!<br><br>My old Bible has the verse "Whatsoever a man (human) soweth, so shall he (you, me, she, we, us) reap". I have seen evidence of this thought pattern for many years, at least 30 of the last 57. It kinda does happen, usually, more or less........<br><br>banned, thank you for your quote "the true saints love what is good for its own sake and do what is right because it is right, not for their own self-aggrandizement." That is what a true Christian belives, and tries, with many, many failures along the way, to live every day of their lives. Unfortunately, most of us fail, far too often.<br><br>But, consider the real, day-to-day, everyday lives of the so-called "elite". They are probably some of the most miserable people on this planet. Do you think that, if you, or any of us little sheeple, were the President of these Untied (sic) States, that we couldn't wake up up joyfully every day, knowing that we would be putting forth our utmost efforts for good, honest government, and to quote the old, old Superman intro, "The Never-ending Battle for Truth, Justice, AND, THE AMERICAN WAY!!"???<br><br>Yes, "they" have the power, but "they" don't have the "Glory". At the end of each and every day, they sleep fitfully and fearfully, knowing that, at any time, they might be the next called-for, "needful sacrifice" on the altar of Satan. Uncle Karl, anyone??<br><br>Just a little more brain chow for my new friends here at R.I. Oh, yeah, and Col Quisp, my danged dogma hotwired my karma and took off for Vegas wid it. If enny uv y'all see her, please report her to Fox's "Cops" show just in case they might be able to bust her and git my danged karma back.<br><br>Luv, Uncle Smoots<br> <p></p><i></i>
Floyd Smoots

Karma is optional

Postby LolaB » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:20 am

If you liked guit, you'll love Karma.<br>Now you can be guilty forever! <p></p><i></i>
LolaB

instant karma

Postby Trifecta » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:24 am

I don't know about karma, I must have been one evil bastard in previous incarnations to have decided to come here at this present time and crawl around in the dark shadows chasing these demons.<br><br>However, I can tell you from my own personal experiences about instant karma, it is instant. The minute I break out from non-thought, reactionary stances or just down right beligerance to my fellow travellers, instant karma bites me on the arse. Any little gossip, it fucks me, a little bit of righteous anger, I fall down the stairs etc, believe me I have enough scars on my being to compete with those guys on the boat in "Jaws"<br><br>and look what happend to JL, bigger than Jesus! <p></p><i></i>
Trifecta

If karma was instant...

Postby banned » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:37 am

...George W. Bush would have exploded the first time he stuck a firecracker in a frog. <p></p><i></i>
banned

Re: instant karma

Postby Reikimg » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:52 am

Karma decides your next life (so the Dharma says). So you can take heart that those that would send young people off to die while they make stupid jokes will eventualy have to deal with karma. You just wont be able to see it on the nightly news (if the corporate media collectivly decided to air such a scene).Whole lotta karma comming down the pike.<br> <p></p><i></i>
Reikimg

instant karma

Postby jenz » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:15 am

sounds like a pudding. <br>what's for afters Mum?<br>Instant Karma again <p></p><i></i>
jenz

Postby robertdreed » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:58 pm

I think karma is real. I think dwelling on the karma of other people is self-indulgent, futile, and illusory. You won't learn much of anything about the karma of a stranger, especially if your knowledge of them in confined to reading about them in the newspapers. <p></p><i></i>
robertdreed

Re: karma

Postby Sepka » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:18 pm

I've yet to meet anyone who could satisfactorily account for the workings of karma in his own life, much less the life of a stranger.<br><br>-Sepka the Space Weasel <p></p><i></i>
Sepka

Return to Spirituality