Chrystal Russell: Java House Café

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Chrystal Russell: Java House Café

Postby MinM » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:14 am

Java House Café owner Chrystal Russell

Chrystal Russell: Java House Café is not your typical coffee shop. We are the only coffee shop in the area that roasts our beans here onsite. The beans we roast come direct from their county of origin and that means you can't find a fresher cup of coffee. The other thing that sets Java House Café apart is our size. The large space that we have allows us to host meetings, seminars, Bible studies, etc. for our customers. It also allows us to bring in bands for the live music we have here every Friday evening. Java House Café has such a wide range of drinks that even the non-coffee drinker can find something they love. We also have an extensive lunch menu that allow customers to grab a quick bite or enjoy a meal with friends.

Herald: How did you get started in this business?

Chrystal Russell: My husband and I always wanted to own a coffee house. We had a vision that we believe was given to us by God for our coffee house to be an outreach to the community. We wanted to bring in Christian bands and reach people with the gospel of Jesus Christ. We held on to this dream for several years, knowing that some day it would come to pass. My husband went to work for a couple of the major coffee chains to gain the experience that he would some day need. Several years passed and one day we stumbled upon Java House Café in South Lyon, the very town we had always envisioned our coffee house in. Quite miraculous how it all came about.

Herald: What's the best reason to do business in the South Lyon area?

Chrystal Russell: We love South Lyon because there is such a sense of community here. It has that small town feel, that when you meet people they aren't just your customers, they are your friends. The people of South Lyon are loyal and they enjoy keeping their business in the town that they live.

Herald: How are things going lately?

Chrystal Russell: Since we took over Java House Café last February 2011 we have seen a dramatic increase. All Java House needed was a little TLC. My husband and I spend a lot of time in our business. We don't believe that you can be successful in a small business like ours if you are an absentee owner. We strive to take care of every customer, and insure that we are serving the best product possible. This is so important in tough economic times like these.

Herald: Do you have a funny tidbit or story to share with our readers about your experience so far as a small business owner?

Chrystal Russell: The funny small business tidbit I would share is that you will only find me at home to sleep cause the rest of the time I am at Java House Café.

http://www.hometownlife.com/article/201 ... Business|p
Earth-704509
MinM

Blog: View Blog (0)

Salmon Fishing In The Yemen

Postby MinM » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:29 am

Earth-704509
MinM

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Spirituality