Katie Holmes' missing days

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Katie Holmes' missing days

Postby tabasco1776 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:34 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160192,00.html">www.foxnews.com/story/0,2...92,00.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Katie Holmes' Missing Days<br>Tuesday, June 21, 2005<br>By Roger Friedman<br><br><br>The newly engaged Katie Holmes still has some explaining <br>to do to her friends and family.<br><br>There were 16 days in April during which no one seems to <br>know where she was.<br><br>Holmes made a public appearance on April 4 at the <br>premiere of "Steel Magnolias" on Broadway.<br><br>She came with her publicist, Leslie Sloane Zelnick, and a <br>couple of other friends. They were there to support Rebecca<br> Gayheart, who was making her Broadway debut.<br><br>I know this because I spoke to Holmes at length during the<br> play's intermission. She said she had just moved into her <br>New York apartment and was looking forward to seeing the <br>city.<br><br>I also know that on April 4, she had not yet made the <br>acquaintance of Tom Cruise. She briefly dated Josh Hartnett<br> after breaking up with actor Chris Klein.<br><br>Hartnett, Klein, Cruise: Which of these three is not like the <br>others?<br><br>Klein and Hartnett are young and tall. Cruise is middle-aged<br> and height-challenged.<br><br>On the other hand, he's the biggest movie star in the world.<br> They are not.<br><br>Holmes was busy during that first week in April. On April 7, <br>she was photographed at the Fragrance Foundation's FiFi <br>event.<br><br>Four days later, Holmes was still in New York and was <br>photographed at VH1's "Save the Music" concert. She still <br>had not met Cruise.<br><br>Sometime that week, her friends say, she flew to Los <br>Angeles for a meeting with Cruise about a role in "Mission: <br>Impossible 3." The meeting took place after April 11.<br><br>The next time anyone heard from Holmes was on April 27, <br>when she appeared in public as Cruise's girlfriend and love <br>of his life.<br><br>Where was she during those 16 days?<br><br>Somewhere during that time, she decided to fire both her <br>manager and agent, each of whom she had been with for <br>years and who were devoted to her.<br><br>The manager, John Carrabino, also handles Renée Zellweger<br> and is beloved by his clients.<br><br>Holmes also acquired a new best friend, Jessica Feshbach, <br>the daughter of Joe Feshbach, a controversial Palo Alto, <br>Calif., bond trader.<br><br>The Feshbach family, according to published documents, <br>has donated millions to the Church of Scientology. Jessica's<br> aunt even runs a Scientology center in Florida.<br><br>According to Richard Behar's now famous 1991 story in Time<br> magazine about Scientology, the Feshbachs were the <br>subject of congressional hearings in 1989.<br><br>Behar wrote: "The heads of several companies claimed that <br>Feshbach operatives have spread false information to <br>government agencies and posed in various guises — such <br>as a Securities and Exchange Commission official — in an <br>effort to discredit the companies and drive the stocks down.<br><br>"Michael Russell, who ran a chain of business journals, <br>testified that a Feshbach employee called his bankers and <br>interfered with his loans. Sometimes the Feshbachs send <br>private detectives to dig up dirt on firms, which is then <br>shared with business reporters, brokers and fund <br>managers."<br><br>The risk-taking Feshbachs, known the world over for making<br> their fortune "shorting" stocks, and the level-headed, <br>conservative Holmeses would be a difficult mix at a dinner <br>table.<br><br>Katie's father, Martin Holmes, is the senior partner in a <br>large and respected Toledo, Ohio, law firm. His son, Martin<br> Jr., has recently joined the firm. He's a Harvard graduate.<br> Katie's mom, Kathy, is frequently cited in Toledo for her <br>charity work.<br><br>There is some fear among Holmes' close circle that her <br>instant romance with Cruise is not as organic as portrayed.<br><br>For one thing, Holmes was raised a strict Catholic. Also, <br>gone from the picture are two close Holmes friends who <br>used to be with her when she did publicity for a film.<br><br>One of these is Meghann Birie, a childhood friend who has <br>suddenly disappeared from Holmes' world. Another, a local <br>TV producer here in New York, was too afraid to discuss the<br> situation with me.<br><br>We know that Cruise auditioned several actresses for this <br>role before settling on Holmes. This column reported a story<br> about Jennifer Garner. There have been published stories <br>about Kate Bosworth, Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Alba being<br> approached.<br><br>A newer one involves Scarlett Johansson, who ran for her <br>life when presented with a fait accompli dinner at the <br>Scientology Celebrity Centre in Hollywood.<br><br>And history has been rewritten since the April 27 unveiling.<br><br>Curiously, since the Cruise-Holmes situation popped up, we<br> have heard over and over again that Cruise was the young<br> actress' idol when she was growing up.<br><br>That's certainly interesting because all of the publicity that<br> used to run on Holmes — still found all over the Internet —<br> lists another Tom as her favorite actor.<br><br>That would be Tom Hanks. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=tabasco1776>tabasco1776</A> at: 6/21/05 1:34 pm<br></i>
tabasco1776

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Katie Holmes' missing days

Postby tabasco1776 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:07 am

Questions from the Scientology “SEC WHOLE TRACK” questionnaire audit:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://radaronline.com/fresh-intelligence/index.php#report_001417">radaronline.com/fresh-int...ort_001417</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>• Have you driven anyone insane?<br>• Have you ever killed the wrong person?<br>• Is anybody looking for you?<br>• Have you ever set a poor example?<br>• Did you come to Earth for evil purposes?<br>• Are you in hiding?<br>• Have you systematically set up mysteries?<br>• Have you ever made a practice of confusing people?<br>• Have you ever philosophized when you should have acted instead?<br>• Have you ever gone crazy?<br>• Have you ever sought to persuade someone of your insanity?<br>• Have you ever deserted, or betrayed, a great leader?<br>• Have you ever smothered a baby?<br>• Do you deserve to have any friends?<br>• Have you ever castrated anyone?<br>• Do you deserve to be enslaved?<br>• Is there any question on this list I had better not ask you again?<br>• Have you ever tried to make the physical universe less real?<br>• Have you ever zapped anyone?<br>• Have you ever had a body with a venereal disease? If so,<br>did you spread it? <p></p><i></i>
tabasco1776

Ever seen "Bowfinger"?

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:51 pm

I'm reminded me of the three "Happy Premises" of the Scientology parody, "MindHead": <br><br>Happy Premise number one: There are no aliens.<br><br>Happy Premise number two: There is no giant foot trying to squash me.<br><br>Happy Premise number three: Even though I feel like I might ignite, I probably won't.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

really though

Postby human » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:24 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>For one thing, Holmes was raised a strict Catholic.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>despite all its shortcomings, might scientology be a step in the right direction for Ms. Holmes?<br><br>i dunno, IMO its okay for people to dissapear for a few days (especially when they are rich & famous), its okay to find new friends, its okay to fall in love......<br><br>shit, i actually LIKE Tom Cruise more since he started acting like a kook...<br><br>i dunno, im no fan of scientology... but... people need to be able to do whatever they feel when it comes to matters like that...<br><br>let her spend all her money..... Hubbard's black magik is childs play compared to the Catholic Church...<br><br>one<br>human?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
human

Re: really though

Postby FourthBase » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:17 pm

I sincerely doubt that Holmes hasn't been a Scientologist since her career started. As for Johannson...she's worked alongside Ribisi, Travolta, Grace, and Christensen, and then she was scheduled to be in MI3 with Cruise. To think that she's JUST NOW being recruited into the cult is preposterous. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Postby trunews » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:19 pm

Everybody's focused on the Scientology as the brainwashing culprit.<br><br>I wonder if it's related to her "strict Catholic" upbringing.<br><br>There's an SRA scandal tearing apart the Toledo Ohio Diocese right now, and it dates back 40 years.<br><br>Toledo is Katie's home town.<br><br>[link=http://trunews.blogspot.com/2005/06/katie-holmes-missing-days.html]my blog[/link] <p></p><i></i>
trunews

Postby RebelYell » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:39 am

I'm in Toledo, trunews. The trial starts in October. <p></p><i></i>
RebelYell

Return to Scientology