stupid question but..

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

stupid question but..

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:23 am

EDITED

Nevermind, I found out how. :roll:
Last edited by Occult Means Hidden on Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rage against the ever vicious downward spiral.
Time to get back to basics. [url=http://zmag.org/zmi/readlabor.htm]Worker Control of Industry![/url]
Occult Means Hidden

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Tue May 15, 2007 4:59 am

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd ask on here.

The General Discussion forum is now in about page 54 or so. Can someone, a volunteer perhaps, be chosen to take threads that have been idled for some time and then redirect them into one of their appropriate topic forums near the bottom half of the index?

I ask because there is such a wealth of information contained in the general discussion thread, i figure that when they no longer become active, archiving them in their appropriate forums, then each topic forum becomes vastly improved with a wealth of stored, archived information.

Basically i'm pleading for someone to organize it all. I would volunteer, but i'm not trusted enough, i'm sure. I just don't like to see this plethera of information barried and obscured "on page 33, next to unrelated topics", and etc.

Thanks
Time to get back to basics. [url=http://zmag.org/zmi/readlabor.htm]Worker Control of Industry![/url]
Occult Means Hidden

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:45 am

bump...

read above?
Occult Means Hidden

Postby Hammer of Los » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:08 am

I agree it would be a very good idea to sort through the archives.

Non-substantial posts could be deleted, you know, those pithy sarcastic one-liners so favoured by several posters to this board, and the genuinely informative posts could be categorised in the archives.

I realise this would take a long time, and any editing or deletion of posts would at best be controversial and difficult, requiring a set of objective criteria and a trusted moderator. I daresay this would be next to impossible.

Oh well.

:(
Hammer of Los

Postby Seamus OBlimey » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 pm

Hammer, are you trying to edit me out?

Hasn't it crossed your mind that some of those one liners may be bookmarks left there so that the one liner can find the threads s/he pithed on? I recently dug up a nugget by googling my name and lost another because the site has been deleted.

Otherwise I agree, the forum does need sorting.
Seamus OBlimey

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:55 am

ok, seriously,

General Discussion is on page 103 now. I'll volunteer to reassign old threads to their respective categories if i'm trusted in it. Such a wealth of info...
Occult Means Hidden

Postby Jeff » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:06 pm

Thanks OMH, I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner.

On ezboard I shifted threads out of GD because it had a limit of 20 pages per forum. After the move I unlocked the archives so people could post by subject if they chose. But that hasn't happened very much, so maybe I need other ways to encourage that.

Most forums like this have a large general discussion forum where most of the action happens. I haven't seen other examples of reallocating general discussion by subject. And since the search function is much better than on ezboard, I don't know that it's necessary now.

I'm open to suggestion, though.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby theeKultleeder » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:49 pm

I have a suggestion: threads that exceed a threshold in replies should be moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

Everyone wants to be on the front page :wink:
theeKultleeder

Postby Occult Means Hidden » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:44 am

Thanks for replying. My suggestion is moving threads that have become dormant in the General Discussion for some time. Say, after several months of no General Discussion postings, moved to its proper subject forum. That's an involved nit-pick assingmnet - one i'd help with.

Just considering.
Occult Means Hidden

Postby Jeff » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:38 am

Thanks for the suggestion and the offer to help. I'll consider it.
Jeff
Site Admin

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]