1962 Gulf of Tonkin LIMPET op = 1964 'Incredible Mr. Limpet'

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Telexx » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:50 pm

orz wrote:I'm perfectly sober and you are posting in violation of my ordinance.

Line of the history of the board...

Seriously, as somebody who uses hypnotic language throughout my work, I can observe that cutting edge psychology is used by the government, the media, and global commerce/industry (all extra-chromosomed, kissing cousins) on a daily basis in order to move people into certain states (scared, distracted, horny-for-consumption, etc).

As somebody who used to work in the media, I can understand that there will be political and 'secret-service' pressure to sway news media agendas at the very top level.

Given how mass media (cinema, publishing etc) can be funded, I can imagine agendas being pushed there there as well. Monie$ depend on it...

However, I cannot imagine - not for one slight moment - that the mass media is subject to the micro-management required for the vast meta-conspiracy postulated by HMW.

Even if a framework for such micro-management existed, the examples noted are obscure as hell to me... So much effort, so many man hours, so much RISK and for what? Very little, as far as I can tell...

Thanks,

Telexx

PS: HMW - have you even seen Dr. Strangelove? Full Metal Jacket? A Clockwork Orange? You have a poorly sketched understanding of Kubrick's worldview and that in itself rings alarm bells for me; he was a humanitarian (albeit a curmudgeonly one).
Telexx

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby orz » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:13 pm

Absolutely. Talk about "meme inversion"; what do you call representing Strangelove as pro-war or Clockwork Orange as pro-mind-control!?! The mind boggles.

And Hugh, if you'd worked for a day in any kind of media you'd know that the power of coked-up agency nutcases' arbitary insane pet ideas, and total failure to comprehend even the most basic elements of their own overpaid jobs, would put paid to any of the keyword hijacking schemes you suggest in no time! :)
orz

Postby robert d reed » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:35 pm

!
formerly robertdreed...
robert d reed

1964 again.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:41 pm

Still no takers for Krebs, Gilligan, Twain.

August, 1964...Jerry Lewis...discuss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Patsy
The Patsy was filmed from January 6–February 28 1964. It was released on August 12 1964 by Paramount Pictures.
It was re-released on a double bill with another Jerry Lewis film, The Nutty Professor, in 1967.
Its working title was Son of Bellboy, as it was originally intended to be a sequel to The Bellboy. In fact, Lewis' characters in both films are named Stanley.
This film contained cameos from a variety of Hollyood personalities including George Raft, Hedda Hopper, Ed Sullivan, Ed Wynn, Mel Tormé, Rhonda Fleming, Scatman Crothers, Billy Beck, Hans Conried, Richard Deacon, Del Moore, Neil Hamilton, Buddy Lester, Nancy Kulp, Norman Alden, Jack Albertson, Richard Bakalyan, Jerry Dunphy, Kathleen Freeman, Norman Leavitt, Eddie Ryder, and Fritz Feld.

Still think Disney's 1976 'The Shaggy D.A.' had nothing to do with D.A. Jim Garrison?

on edit: I found a copy of 'The Patsy' and watched most of it.

I am positive that Lewis was asked to do it For the Country and he saluted and never told us the background.

But, typically, he was given a rationale that was benign without telling him that
the project was also useful a decoy for the idea 'Oswald was a patsy.'

'The Patsy' is a parable about 'gathering together in face of sadness and moving on' complete with a Jackie Kennedy romantic figure he has a crush on saying soothing things to Jerry Lewis like "sometimes the things that make us who we are are not all happy things."

I stopped 'The Patsy' half way through where there is a dream sequence of Jerry Lewis dancing with the Jackie Kennedy romantic figure in a school gymnasium. Lewis is in a suit and she is in a pink dress with pink head band-the image of Mr. and Mrs. President on 11/22/63, justweeks before filming was started on 'The Patsy.' The two dancers stop in the middle of the gym floor right on some basketball court lines that look exactly like a bullseye.

I stopped the video there for now. More soon.
Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

70 years to put it there.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:22 am

How long has spook media been metastisizing? Since the 1930s atleast. 70+ years.

Roger Morris interview with his relevant words-

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0707/S00058.htm

Roger Morris: It’s a huge shadow world. And the reason it’s come into existence is that it’s occupied a vacuum. There’s no one on the other side to even look at it. The average Congressman, even a newly empowered Democratic committee chairman in the House or the Senate, looks at all of this with a sense of being overwhelmed and not even knowing where to begin, so massive is the enormity they face.

I remember an old movie, not to be corny about this. When I was a kid there was a movie called Sands of Iwo Jima with John Wayne. Very famous movie. They’ve done remakes. And at one point the nervous young Marines are gathered around John Wayne on the ship. This is the night before they land the next day and they say: Gee Sarge, what have the Japanese got out on that island out there? And he says: Well I don’t know boys, but they’ve had 40 years to put it there. And the camera pans back to these worried faces.

It makes the point that we always have to remember about the National Security Establishment. This thing hasn’t happened overnight. It didn’t just happen in the George W. Bush administration. This is a product of a very long, convoluted, very well financed, in some respects well planned and in other respects entirely spontaneous and almost random development of a process which is now HUGE. It’s now vast.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: Here on Gilligan's Island. Carol Gilligan, that is.

Postby jingofever » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:51 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:The Ivy League disinfoteers would know about Hemingway's anti-war Krebs although I doubt they thought that too many of their TV audience did. Perhaps this was a small inside joke. But there's too much correlation with Cold War themes.

Ivy League war-pimping disinfoteers know their American literary icons and where the peacenik danger is in their writing.

According to bobdenver.com, Max Shulman, the creator of "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis", created and named Maynard G. Krebs. Is there any reason to doubt that and believe that Ivy League disinfoteers are the real namers?

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:The efforts to prevent any demilitarizing of American culture was the goal of the keyword hijacking in Bob Denver's most famous role as 'Gilligan'from 1964-1967.

And the threat, no surprise, was a smart woman in academia.

Carol Gilligan was a highly visible to the CIA because she was a ground-breaking researcher in social psychology at Harvard where she got her PhD in 1964 and went on to teach with the superstar in that field, Erik Erikson.

http://www.webster.edu/~woolflm/gilligan.html

Carol Gilligan specialized in gender studies and interviewed men considering signing up to go to Vietnam.

That biography you link to suggests that Gilligan only began studying those topics which "Gilligan's Island" was supposed to hijack well after the show was cancelled. Her curriculum vitae [pdf] shows that she published two papers on "delay of gratification" and "responses to temptation" in 1964 and didn't publish any more papers until 1970 when she started working with Lawrence Kohlberg. It seems she didn't become groundbreaking until the early eighties. Why would the CIA hijack a fresh Ph. D. who only had an unpublished dissertation and one published paper to her name?
jingofever

Postby professorpan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:25 pm

How long has spook media been metastisizing? Since the 1930s atleast. 70+ years.

Roger Morris interview with his relevant words-

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0707/S00058.htm

Another typical HMW out-of-context hijacking here.

Morris is talking about the National Security Establishment here, not, as you erroneously suggest, the media. The next part of his interview text reads:

It makes the point that we always have to remember about the National Security Establishment. This thing hasn’t happened overnight. It didn’t just happen in the George W. Bush administration. This is a product of a very long, convoluted, very well financed, in some respects well planned and in other respects entirely spontaneous and almost random development of a process which is now HUGE. It’s now vast.
professorpan

Postby orz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:25 pm

That biography you link to suggests that Gilligan only began studying those topics which "Gilligan's Island" was supposed to hijack well after the show was cancelled.

Wow, that's one of the more dramatic disprovings yet! Well spotted.

Morris is talking about the National Security Establishment here, not, as you erroneously suggest, the media. The next part of his interview text reads:

and that's pretty shocking too! Hugh, I thought you at least actually read all the articles/research you post here, pretty dissapointing to see this kind of out of context selective quoting.

Oooh I spotted a KH tho! The name 'Maynard G. Krebs' sounds a LOT like Leonard "J." Crabs ...coincidence? I THINK NOT.
orz

State media = FDR to the present.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:30 pm

professorpan wrote:Morris is talking about the National Security Establishment here, not, as you erroneously suggest, the media.

Always Pan's labyrinth around the obvious...sigh. Fun and games.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: Here on Gilligan's Island. Carol Gilligan, that is.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:07 pm

jingofever wrote:bobdenver.com, Max Shulman, the creator of "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis", created and named Maynard G. Krebs. Is there any reason to doubt that and believe that Ivy League disinfoteers are the real namers?

Yes, there is reason to doubt that Shulman originated the name "Krebs."
Did someone else give it to him?

Don Knotts said in an interview that the producer of 'The Incredible Mr. Limpet' told him it was an idea he'd kicked around for years. And that wasn't true. It was a direct reaction to US divers getting put on trial in Hanoi for terrorism and harassment called Operation Vulcan. Bet you'll find a cover story for how 'Vulcan' came to be on Star Trek as a "fascinating" new culture to American kids, too.

No, my covert context for the names is much stronger than unconfirmed say-so second-hand, especially with the Don Knotts example I cited.

Related, I found a copy of 'The Patsy' and I see why it was made.
I am positive that Lewis was asked to do it For the Country and he saluted.
But, typically, he was given a rationale that was benign without telling him that
the project was also useful a decoy for the idea 'patsy.'

'The Patsy' is a parable about 'gathering together in face of sadness and moving on' complete with a Jackie Kennedy romantic figure he has a crush on saying soothing things to Jerry Lewis like "sometimes the things that make us who we are are not all happy things."

I stopped 'The Patsy' half way through where there is a dream sequence of Jerry Lewis dancing with the romantic Jackie Kennedy figure in a school gymnasium. Lewis is in a suit and she is in a pink dress with pink head band-the image of Mr. and Mrs. President on 11/22/63, just weeks before filming was started on 'The Patsy.' The two dancers stop in the middle of the gym floor right on some basketball court lines that look exactly like a bullseye.

I stopped the video there for now.

That biography you link to suggests that Gilligan only began studying those topics which "Gilligan's Island" was supposed to hijack well after the show was cancelled. Her curriculum vitae [pdf] shows that she published two papers on "delay of gratification" and "responses to temptation" in 1964 and didn't publish any more papers until 1970 when she started working with Lawrence Kohlberg.

Don't just go by paper publishing dates. And even those confirm what I wrote.
She was causing trouble for patriarchal recruiting as early as 1960.

She was published in 1964 as co-author of a paper in the CIA's own MKULTRA platform, 'Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology'-!!!!

Look at page 5 of her cv- papers on "delayed gratification" or why youth choose to enlist or not.
Look at her 1964 papers.
AND SHE DID BECOME JUST THE SUPERSTAR THEY FEARED.

But just say "Gilligan" and you get 'the picture' because of that stupid TV show.
Say it in academic circles and you will get a reaction more akin to the reaction to 'Freud' or 'Erikson' or 'Piaget.'

http://www.uwsp.edu/Education/pshaw/TheoriesofLearning.htm
Theories of Moral Development

Gilligan's Theory: Gilligan argues that females are socialized to stress interpersonal relationships to take responsibility for the well-being of others to a greater extent than males. (#2, pg. 103)

Kohlberg's Theory: Kohlberg believes that moral development is based on three different levels; these levels represent the perspectives people take as the wrestle moral dilemmas. The three levels include: preconventional morality, conventional morality, and post conventional morality. (#2, pg. 98)

Piaget’s Stages of Moral Development: There are two general stages of moral development: heterononmy (e.g., right and wrong are based on personal consequences) and autonomy (e.g., decisions where the volition or free will of the child takes over from the previous outside authority). *Recognized the role of cognition in moral development. (#4, pg. 164)

Theory of Mind: The ability to understand our own and others’ thoughts, emotions, and intentions. (#4, pg. 138)

Confirmation? Hell, yes. She was big and became bigger.

It seems she didn't become groundbreaking until the early eighties. Why would the CIA hijack a fresh Ph. D. who only had an unpublished dissertation and one published paper to her name?

See above.

She was a star from the very beginning of her academic career and was PRE-EMPTED when she hit a dangerous threshold within her field. Her work was being accepted, published, and she was working with THE superstar, Erik Erikson, who has the status of Freud in his field.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby professorpan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:18 pm

Don Knotts said in an interview that the producer of 'The Incredible Mr. Limpet' told him it was an idea he'd kicked around for years. And that wasn't true. It was a direct reaction to US divers getting put on trial in Hanoi for terrorism and harassment called Operation Vulcan. Bet you'll find a cover story for how 'Vulcan' came to be on Star Trek as a "fascinating" new culture to American kids, too.

Yes, Hugh, Knotts was a liar. And Gene Roddenberry was, too. And the writers of the Shaggy D.A.

And the teachers who came up with the paper clip idea.

And the writers of Nacho Libre, Borat, and every other example to emerge from your overexcited brain.

Liars, all of them.
professorpan

Wrong again, orz

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:32 pm

orz wrote:
That biography you link to suggests that Gilligan only began studying those topics which "Gilligan's Island" was supposed to hijack well after the show was cancelled.

Wow, that's one of the more dramatic disprovings yet! Well spotted.

and that's pretty shocking too! Hugh, I thought you at least actually read all the articles/research you post here, pretty dissapointing to see this kind of out of context selective quoting.

I was right again. You were wrong again, orz and pan.

Because I DID read it and jingofever was wrong on Carol Gillgan's chronology.

Besides, who the hell is responsible for BobDenver.com?
And it is supposed to refute the entire post-WWII history of psy-ops I've put here? :shock:
...more of pan's labyrinth....

Did YOU watch 'The Patsy?' lol. See my comments.
More evidence of cause and effect, statist meme and covert media application.
Not coincidence.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby orz » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:41 pm

orz

Postby brownzeroed » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:45 pm

HUGH SAID:
Always Pan's labyrintharound the obvious...sigh. Fun and games.

Hey... that's keyword highjacking. Your forcing the audience to associate the film with an unrelated personality (professor pan) in a negative way. I will never look at my $1.00 garage-sale DVD the same again.
That's funny as hell.

Pan should be outraged! :D
brownzeroed

"It is not a war for oil. You calling soldiers liars?&q

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:47 pm

professorpan wrote:Yes, Hugh, Knotts was a liar. And Gene Roddenberry was, too. And the writers of the Shaggy D.A.

And the teachers who came up with the paper clip idea.

And the writers of Nacho Libre, Borat, and every other example to emerge from your overexcited brain.

Liars, all of them.

More like dupes and unwitting fronts for counterpropaganda and conditioning.
Look up those words, pan, you might learn something.

Here's how pan would deny invading Iraq was about oil:

"I suppose you think the army truck drivers and supply sargeants in Iraq all plotted to shift global energy geopolitics for the PNAC.
Well, they didn't! Only paranoids would see some all-omnipotent metaconspiracy!"
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion