Pfeiffer and Ruppert break up

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Pfeiffer and Ruppert break up

Postby Dreams End » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:41 am

This is a fascinating look at why Dale Allen Pfeiffer left Mike Ruppert's From the Wilderness. The email exchanges he published between himself and Ruppert support all the negative views I've read about Ruppert. In addition, the main reason he cites as leaving is of interest. Besides not being allowed to write about anything but Peak Oil, he has a very long account of his dispute with one of the editors of FTW. Pfeiffer says he wanted to call for a general strike as a response to Peak Oil and the other editor, Jamey Hecht, disagreed entirely with this idea and said things generally disparaging of the working class in general:<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>Previous entries in this blog explain my dissatisfaction with FTW. Unfortunately everything came to a head in the months of August, after our move to Appalachia. The final row began when I wrote an article for FTW about peak oil and the working class. In this article, I stated that the working class needed to band together to achieve the eventual goal of a general strike and the transformation of society into a true democracy. Evidently, Mike Ruppert and Jamey Hecht both disagreed with this article. I am sure Mike Ruppert has no desire to see his own staff unionize, much less turn FTW into a democratically run business.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Please note, Pfeiffer, as far as I can tell, is not repudiating the Peak Oil theory, but simply it's use in non-progressive ways. So this is about Ruppert and not about Peak Oil. But he does end with this:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>In the month since I left FTW, Mike Ruppert has tried to milk the Energy Roundtable list for the information he used to receive from me. He has also printed editorials stating that the US is going to collapse within the next few months, implying that all of the recent hurricanes were created intentionally through weather control technology, and suggesting the need for legislated population regulation.<br><br>Numerous people have told me they have no use for Mike Ruppert and that his website is going down the tubes. And since leaving, I have learned of other former employees who received even worse treatment from him than I did, along with others who have had very bad encounters with Mike Ruppert. I even found out about a lawsuit for defamation of character which was filed against Mike Ruppert last year. I have not heard how this lawsuit was decided, and Mike has certainly never mentioned it. If the plaintiff won, then I can see why Mike has no money.<br><br>Perhaps I was wrong in my accusation about how Mike used me. Maybe he was right. I drew the only conclusions I could based upon what was happening. He kept me out of the loop on most of the business at FTW, including articles dealing with subjects that I was being retained to edit. Other people have told me that I did not draw the wrong conclusions. Mike used me to become a noted authority on peak oil and to lend credibility to his speculations. And he has done a very good job of muddying up and sensationalizing the issue of energy depletion.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>One final note...something is buzzing in the back of my head about this. Something about this whole exchange is striking me as a little off, so <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>caveat lector.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> It almost looks as if the Peak Oil types have decided Ruppert is too big a liability and have decided to pull the plug on him. <br><br>However, that is just speculation, so for now, read it at face value. I recommend reading the entire exchange. It's a fascinating look "Inside the Wilderness." <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://people.lulu.com/blogs/view_post.php?post_id=13528">people.lulu.com/blogs/vie...t_id=13528</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Pfeiffer piece

Postby Dreams End » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:56 am

Here's an excerpt from Pfeiffer. Is he a leftist who believes in Peak Oil or is he assigned to make Peak Oil acceptable to leftists (which would also explain the Ruppert dispute as the left catches on to Ruppert.) I am agnostic on this point. I'm going to admit to "cherry picking" the article linked to below but I encourage you to read the whole thing. Mostly it is a general call for labor solidarity around certain goals unrelated to Peak Oil. I'm picking out this one section because, while it purports to be about how the big oil companies are going to exploit peak oil hysteria, the ENTIRE premise does not actually need Peak Oil to be real. That is to say, the scenario he offers here is just as possible with a totally fabricated peak oil hysteria as opposed to one based in fact. <br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The looting of the United States has been going on for some time; at least since the 1980s. And you could argue that it has been going on since the first Europeans came to this continent. However, the looting of the US is about to accelerate.<br><br>You can be sure the elite have already determined how to maximize their profit from peak oil. For all the blather of the economists, they know that our economy must start contracting as a result of diminishing energy production. And they know that in any form of capitalism—be it free market, state supported or highly regulated—continuous economic contraction is a euphemism for collapse. The smart money knows when to get out, and the smart money knows how to manipulate even a downturn for maximum profit.<br><br>Recent news items ($380 Oil? Banks talk Oil Depletion, Michael Kane. From the Wilderness, June 7, 2005.) indicate that the privileged class could use peak oil hysteria to prematurely drive up prices to artificial heights. While oil prices should currently be climbing, there is no good reason at this point for them to be as high as $60/barrel. It is the result of speculation, and someone is making a big profit from it. As of yet, peak oil has only been whispered around the marketplace. The real market panic lies ahead of us, maybe a year away, but perhaps as soon as next month or next week—if it has not occurred before this article goes to press.<br><br>When the panic comes, it will be managed by the elite. They will extract their profits from it, and then they will liquidate their assets and move them offshore before the market crashes. They will fold up their tents and leave town, perhaps for the Cayman Islands, perhaps for safe havens in Asia and elsewhere. There they will convert their dollars to gold, or possibly to Chinese yuans, sparking a bottomless devaluation of the US dollar. And they will sit back in safety and comfort to watch the crash. Once the dust has settled, they will move back in—along with all the other vultures—to pick up what is left at pennies of the dollar.<br><br>Meanwhile, the working class will be hit by the brunt of this catastrophe. The jobless rate will soar as corporations shut their doors and declare bankruptcy. Whether wages rise or drop, the value of the currency they are paid in will render them worthless. There will be simultaneous crises in transportation, agriculture and public sanitation. There will be a steep rise in suffering, misery, starvation and death.<br><br>While businesses will be filing bankruptcy by the armload, the public will not be able to lighten its burden of private debt thanks to the new bankruptcy laws that Bush pushed through Congress. Millions could be forced into some form of debt servitude. Meanwhile, as Stan Goff has reported (The Global Battlefield—We are Standing on it, Stan Goff. From the Wilderness, July 8, 2005), the remaining businesses and services will be assured their workforce under the guise of national security. Many shocked, jobless debtors could find themselves shipped off to become farm laborers under the supervision of armed guards.<br><br>Two hundred years of labor gains could be reversed just that quickly. Don’t kid yourself that it won’t happen. The privileged class was not anointed; they obtained their privileges by theft and robbery. They climbed to prominence on the backs of others. No matter what platitudes of brotherhood and common interest they may mouth, the vast majority will do whatever is necessary to retain their positions. Corporations may say they are here to serve the public, but the maximization of profit is the bottom line.<br><br>All of the measures necessary for the final looting of the US, the pauperization of the US public, and the institution of debt servitude are already in place or are being prepared even as you read these words. All it awaits is a cue from the wings.<br><br>There is one thing which could prevent this scenario from taking place: an uprising of the working class. The working class has the power to bring everything to a screeching halt through the general strike. It is only the ignorance of and abdication of this ultimate power that gives the privileged class that power which they use to exploit us.<br><br>Right now they do not believe that we are capable of such unified resistance. Our labor unions are weak, bought off and corrupted. We are uninformed, indoctrinated and isolated. We are frightened of our own neighbors and quickly pushed back into line by the threat of terrorism. They have forgotten the battle in Seattle and have ignored similar protests since that time. So long as a protest is localized, they can keep it contained, minimize the media exposure and give it the proper spin, and squash it if necessary. The biggest thorn in their side at present is our ability to communicate over the internet.<br><br>I believe they underestimate us.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Read the rest. It's sort of a progressive list of demands labor should be making. Few of them even mention Peak Oil and the ones that do don't really need peak oil to be valid. <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.lulu.com/allenadale">www.lulu.com/allenadale</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Scroll down to: Peak Oil and the Working Class. It may move off the page but I don't see an archives to link to. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Re: Pfeiffer and Ruppert break up

Postby dbeach » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:58 am

Ruppert the ex-cop had big conflcit with Jeff Rense which was on the rense site..very interesting BUT I think Ruppert discredited himself...<br> <br>I also think that there is an organized campaign to discredit the mega stars like AJ Icke Rense and even the secondary stars like Ruppert and the lower ranks like Flocco .although Flocco has done a great self implosion recently..BUT yes the big players are gonna slap down the lil ones whenver the magic word is whispered TRUTH.<br>We tend to hld the TRuh sekers to a higher standard than the MM holds their own sources Wonder why?/beside the the fact that the MM is actively suprressing the TRUTH.<br><br>Never liked when Ruppert said its time to move on past 9/11 <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Pfeiffer and Ruppert break up

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:48 pm

That's a fascinating blow-by-blow account on Pfeiffer's blog.<br><br>I wonder what Stan Goff is thinking. His politics are much closer to Pfeiffer's than to Ruppert's.<br><br>While I share Pfeiffer's sentiments re a general strike, I also have to say I don't find the decision to run a point/counterpoint particularly onerous. Since his views were so divergent from FTW's, it seems like a reasonable editorial policy. In Pfeiffer's position I could have lived with that, though this clearly was just the final straw for him. I probably wouldn't have lasted as long as he has with the self-aggrandizing bully. <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

where did it it start to go wrong?

Postby zangtang » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:15 pm

i've just read the whole exchange - what a sad and sorry tale!<br><br>can anybody point me to the beginnings of rupperts fall from percieved grace? - i must have taken my eye off the ball - i've seen him characterized for quite a while now as a gatekeeper for 911 cointelpro-style ops or wittingly 'shilling' for the oiligarchs fraudulant peak oil globo-drama/<br><br>this from the man who was 'copvcia'? - or are we saying that was just setting up his bona fides? - what because they didn't kill him?<br><br>somebody - take me back to school or at least point <p></p><i></i>
zangtang

serves me right.....

Postby zangtang » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:08 pm

guess i'll have to trawl thru the history myself.....<br><br>really tho - back before the 'veer from 911 towards exclusively peak oil' - wasnt this guy a stalwart warrior?<br><br>i mean it - a summation of the evidence against would be welcome..... <p></p><i></i>
zangtang

Return to Energy Issues