A Grateful Dead/Phish Government Connection?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby American Dream » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:50 pm

www.Stardog2012.net

The FASCINATING connection here involves one of the Dead's inner circle pals, Alan Trist. Check out the GD bio "Sweet Chaos" by Carol Brightman, chapter 4 - "How the Balloon Was Launched" and you'll read about Trist's friendship with Jerry & Robert Hunter and the other Palo Alto bohos in the early 60s. Trist would go on to head the Dead's publishing arm, Ice 9.... Key excerpts:

"What we were interested in was art," recalls Alan Trist, who was 19 when he and his father, Eric Trist, a Visiting Fellow at Stanford who founded the
Tavistock Institute in London, arrived in Palo Alto in 1960. It was the business of being an artist that totally captured Jerry and Hunter," Alan states, that it was "art in the sense in which art is free of the political frame of reference."

"Alan," according to Robert Hunter, "was a heavy prime mover in getting us together to recognize ourselves as a group".

We cannot underestimate the weight of this last statement in light of the following information... Now break out your copy of author Jim Keith's "Mind Control World Control", a primary selection from the Stardog Library... Chapter 5 -"Tavistock"... The Tavistock Institute was a major mind control experimentation center in the 20th century, going as far back as the 1920s. (If you are unfamiliar with the concept of secret government mind-control projects, please visit Stardog2012.net's Conspiracy page.) By the early 60s, the chairman of Tavistock's board was the aforementioned ERIC TRIST, Alan's father! Feast your mind on these excerpts:

"Tavistock, born from the collaboration of the international monied elite, military intelligence, and the materialistic psychiatric community, refers to its self-admitted military orientation as Operation Phoenix - again, a Freemasonic symbol that it shares with the infamous Vietnam War assassination program. One is reminded of the Freemasonic legend 'Ordo Ab Chao', Order Out of Chaos... Throughout the Tavistock literature... they reiterate their 'global vision' and make it clear that the institute is intended to work it's long-term 'societry' on the world regardless of the wishes of individuals who inhabit it...

"Eric Trist, the chairman of Tavistock's governors, in 1963 described his and Tavistock's work on mass brainwashing, delineating in detail his theory of 'social turbulence'... Trist postulated that the administering of a series of traumatizing shocks upon a society would destabilize it, lowering the overall character of the society's reasoning. Trist suggested that by late 1963 the world had moved into a condition of 'permanent social turbulence' that would serve to usher in a new condition of society, a new paradigm, and a new possibility for remaking the face of the planet."

Later in the chapter:

"The final and most disrupted state of society is termed disassociation, in which the individual becomes the entirety of society for himself, and is isolated from other members of the group. The dominant culture of the society becomes fantasy and superstition.

According to Trist, the current 'wired society' where the main interaction of the individual is with electronic media is only a metaphor for disassociation. Cyberpunks, New Agers, and couch potatoes take note. It is interesting to note that the same progression can be seen in microcosm with the induction of the multiple personality, an oft-asserted goal of intelligence agency brain-banging...
...the primary impetus towards the evolution to the post-technological society are the repeated shocks and chaos taking place, including such events as the Kennedy assassination, the Vietnam war, and the assault on traditional institutions and thinking by the psychedelic counterculture"

Now, I know I just beamed a lot of info at you dear reader, so let me summarize:

The connection with Alan Trist and the Dead is very difficult to view as a coincidence. There is something going on there. Don't get me wrong - anyone who knows me knows that I champion the benevolent spiritual power of the GD and Phish as much as anyone. But this evidence seems to indicate that there is more going on than meets the eye. Robert Hunter stated that Alan Trist was a "heavy prime mover" in getting him and Jerry to recognize themselves as a group. And Alan Trist's father was head of the Tavistock Institute - that is what I call a Siriusly interesting connection. It suggests that Tavistockian elements helped create the psychedelic counterculture.
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby streeb » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:56 pm

AD - can you double check that link?

Thanx - streeb
streeb

Postby American Dream » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:19 pm

streeb said:
AD - can you double check that link?

That citation is from the official American Dream archive, as extracted from the Internet a coupla years ago. Cyber-pirates may have made off with Stardog's domain, but the url given is exactly where it came from! >AD
American Dream

Postby IanEye » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:32 pm

a picture's worth a thousand hits

(that's Pat Leahy, Senator from VT, home of Phish, shaking hands with Bob Weir)
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:51 pm

Leahy is also buddies with Emmylou Harris, a notorious Mossad asset.

....or something.

Are the FBI documents about Garcia from the 60s real?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:52 pm

Wombaticus Rex

Bob Wier Bohemian Grove Member

Postby Dosha » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:21 am

It struck me how odd it was that Bob Wier and Mickey Hart became members/attendees of the annual Bohemian Grove trysts. Since nothing seems to happen by chance it would seem, altruistic to influence policy makers my ass.

http://www.metroactive.com/bohemian/06.07.06/bob-weir-0623.html
Weir Science
June 7-13, 2006 metroactive
NORBAY lifetime achievement honoree Bob Weir's culture of community

By Greg Cahill

Bob Weir is a back-slid hippie. At least that's what a handful of west Sonoma County progressives are saying. They're rankled that Weir--whose credentials include 30 years as a guitarist and singer with the Grateful Dead--is a bona fide member of the Bohemian Club, the elite men's organization that stages secretive retreats each year at a sprawling Occidental camp called the Bohemian Grove.

George Bush is a member. So is Donald Rumsfeld.

As part of the annual entertainment, Weir, 58, and his longtime band mate Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart have signed on to sleep with the enemy--literally, as summer-camp bunk buddies--to influence policy makers who have been accused of all kinds scheming and conniving at the Grove. The decision to drop the A-bomb was allegedly made there. World domination ranks high on the list of summer activities at the Grove.

and

http://www.sonomacountyfreepress.com/bohos/bobweir.html
A Letter to Bob Weir (Grateful Dead)
by Mary Moore

July 1998

BOHEMIAN GROVE ACTION NETWORK
P.O. Box 296
Occidental, Ca. 95465
Phone: 707-874-2248 or 707-829-2417

Dear Bob Weir:

It was shocking to hear a rumor that you and others from the old Grateful Dead were planning to play this year at Bohemian Grove. With all due respect, if this is true, please don't do it!!

My name is Mary Moore and I have been an activist since 1962 through the civil rights, womens, anti-war, environmental and anti-nuclear struggles. In 1980 I was part of the group that began protesting and calling attention to this very exclusive, all-male gathering that takes place every July five miles from my home. At that time we were a small group in Sonoma County, mostly from the statewide Abalone Alliance. We began doing research on the men up at the Grove with ties to the nuclear industry.

Within just a few short years we were a coalition of 72 groups involved with all the above issues and more. Because of a lot of national media coverage and almost 20 years of protests, we have begun in a very limited way to get the word out to the public about how the real decision making takes place in this country and on this planet. Unfortunately our voice and our resources are very small compared to theirs.

Over the years we have developed an informative slideshow which has been shown across the country, as well as in China in 1995 at the U.N. Global Womens Conference. At that time I made contact with a network of women—mostly women of color from all over the world who have invited me to show the slideshow at a worldwide womens gathering in South Africa this August. Because these women have experienced first-hand the results of their countries' involvement with the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (I.M.F.)—well represented at the Grove), they were very receptive to and interested in what we have to say. I have seen the interest grow elsewhere as more people begin to understand the relationship between our government, the Fortune 500, the banks, the military and the rest of us who are so affected by their policies.

The Bohemian Grove, while not the only gathering of the white male elite, is one of the longest (119 years) and most exclusive. I know nothing of your personal philosophy but I have always considered you the conscience of your group because of the support you have given over the years to many causes I am involved with. I am very surprised and disturbed at the thought that you would involve yourself with a place that is so opposite to these values. I heard this rumor while being interviewed on a local radio station here in Sonoma County. The host of the show told me off the air during a commercial break. I then contacted David Gans at KPFA who gave me the number of your publicist who felt perhaps you were doing this in an attempt to influence some of these men on their ecological policies.

Bob—I'm afraid that even if these men had a change of heart about some of their environmental decisions (it is in their own best interest after all) they are not going to change their policies on the human rights issues because their bottom line is, always has been and always will be, making a profit. If some people have to stay poor to keep these men rich then so be it. Their opening ceremony is after all the "Cremation of Dull Care"!!!...
Dosha

Postby American Dream » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:31 am

Yes, the Dead had Boho ties, as does psychedelic chemist Sasha Shulgin, who is also said to work for the DEA(!). Here's a thread related to another psychedelic chemist, certainly known in Dead-land:

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:03 am

http://www.american-buddha.com/farewellchiefkesey.htm

Fairwell to the Chief -- Ken Kesey's Long Strange Trip, by Bill Weinberg wrote:

Back in California, Kesey was sought out by one Augustus Owsley Stanley III, a renegade chemistry student who offered his services, and soon became a legend for his pure industry-standard LSD-25. The Pranksters started holding "Acid Tests," inviting the public to dose on Owsley's product while Skully's wizardry with sound and light provided a mind-expanding environment. A local rock'n'roll band called the Warlocks changed their name to the Grateful Dead and provided the aural atmosphere, taking electric blues jams into outer space. The Pranksters took the show on the road, traveling the coast in the psychedelic bus, staging Acid Tests in Santa Cruz, Muir Beach, San Jose and Watts -- where the Pranksters provided garbage cans filled with spiked ("electric") Kool-Aid. "Can You Pass the Acid Test?" challenged the flyers announcing the events.

http://www.american-buddha.com/georgebushskullbones.htm

"George Bush, Skull & Bones and the New World Order," by Paul Goldstein and Jeffrey Steinberg wrote:
If the members of Skull & Bones were to select a Hall of Fame from among their own elite ranks, some of the people whose names would almost certainly appear at the top of the list would be:

Harold Stanley, investment banker, founder of Morgan Stanley.

THE ORDER'S NETWORK

Not coincidentally, Morgan Guaranty Trust and Morgan Stanley have been cornerstones of the Skull & Bones grouping on Wall Street since their founding during the last century. Founding partner Harold Stanley was a Bonesman.

AmbuFortunaZapataGaudi
Veteran

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005
American Dream

final...disrupted...

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:47 am

"The final and most disrupted state of society is termed disassociation, in which the individual becomes the entirety of society for himself, and is isolated from other members of the group. The dominant culture of the society becomes fantasy and superstition."

Car-culture media vulnerability to video image-conditioning by TV and movies.

...the enemies of humane rational values.
Death by 'The DaVinci Code' and 'Star Wars' and 'The Lion King.'
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby FourthBase » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:56 am

But from the wikipedia page, it looks like Tavistock is harmless.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:03 am

Just out of curiosity, where are the source documents on Tavistock? Is is all from Lyndon LaRouche and EIR material?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby American Dream » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:32 am

Wombaticus Rex said:
Just out of curiosity, where are the source documents on Tavistock? Is is all from Lyndon LaRouche and EIR material?

I do think most of the anti-Tavistock material sources to the LaRouche sector. Some of it may come indirectly, as in the case of the late Jim Keith, who did important work, but seems to have been overly-influenced by the "blame it on the British" scenario. In addition, Tavistock is the bete noire of a host of radical Right figures like Coleman, Makow, and sundry Christian dominionists.

That's why it is so bizarre to see Brightman, a Berkeley leftist, associating the formation of the Grateful Dead with Tavistock!

Stanford University was surely an important brain-trust for MKULTRA-type badness, and clearly the Brits were strongly partnered with the Americans and Canadians in the development of BLUEBIRD/ARTICHOKE, so could this be?

Sounds more credible to me that a social engineering agenda was at play than that a bunch of spooks were the first hippies....
American Dream

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:30 am

^^Yeah, if memory serves all the footnotes in Mind Control, World Control's chapters on Tavistock referred to back issues of EIR.

http://www.skilluminati.com/docs/Keith- ... ontrol.pdf
Wombaticus Rex

Postby theeKultleeder » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:36 am

Tavistock is a racist, anti-Semitic, anti-human rights, fascist red herring.
theeKultleeder

Postby American Dream » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:13 am

theeKultleeder said:
Tavistock is a racist, anti-Semitic, anti-human rights, fascist red herring.

It is certainly true that the LaRouche organization is racist, anti-Semitic, and fascistic. It is also valid to characterize the role of Tavistock as a disinformational trope within their discourse.

Does it therefore hold true that Tavistock is meaningless, innocuous? I think it was Mae Brussell who said this about disinformation: the best is 80% true, 20% rat poison. If Tavistock was associated with the Dead and/or Pranksters,
then, in my view, it must be seen as part of a very disturbing pattern...
American Dream

Next

Return to General Discussion