When Zephyr also has, with his sweet breath,
Quickened again, in every holt and heath,
The tender shoots and buds, and the young sun
Into the Ram one half his course has run,
And many little birds make melody
That sleep through all the night with open eye
(So Nature pricks them on to ramp and rage)-
Then do we say, lifting our fizzy drink-age:

Happy birthday, Annie Aronburg! I totally celebrate you. For one thing, as a dispenser of wit and wisdom -- until a few moments ago, I had no idea that ISIS was derived from the Gingerbreads. And as you know, that's important information.

Though it does seem not quite right to celebrate someone on her birthday for what she gave you....Hmm. I am going to have to look for a rockin' Annie Aronburg celebratory digital trinket or other gift.

How nice is it that this is a lounge where you can toast the ladies with fizzy drinks and go virtual gift-shopping at the same time?

Pretty nice. I'd say.
compared2what?

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby barracuda » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:56 pm

The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby sunny » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:47 pm

Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

It's such a perfect day....

Postby annie aronburg » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:49 pm

compared2what? wrote: I am going to have to look for a rockin' Annie Aronburg celebratory digital trinket or other gift.

I'd settle for a virtual spree in New York City with C2W:

First we'll have blood orange mimosas with our bagels and lox, don our matching Juicy Couture cashmere track suits and head down to Century 21 where all knitted silk separates are on 75% markdown along with the Betsey Johnson frocks. The girls at the cash register will be so distracted by my hokey accent that they'll forget to charge us for our sunglasses, which we'll need because it's another bright guilty day in Manhattan and while we wouldn't miss Karl Rove's tar and feathering for the world, we don't intend to get crow's feet on top of our laugh lines.

Then we'll stop by Ground Zero to see how Paul Laffoley is doing with the underground community garden and rollerdisco ziggaraut we've commissioned there.

Afterwards we'd spend some time admiring the Darger Collection at the American Folk Art Museum, before catching a bullet train to Brooklyn to browse Mark Lombardi's library at the Pierogi Gallery until our appointment at Christopher Brosius.

We'd have so many parcels from there that we'd have to catch a hovercab back to the East Village where we'd pop into the Lakeside Lounge to pose for photo booth portraits, before taking the chihuahuas to the 6:30 Informal Small Dog Gathering in Tompkins Square Park so they could check their messages.

Somewhere along the line we would eat sushi, belgian fries, injera, salad rolls and hot fruit. I don't like sitting around in restaurants so these treats would be delivered by handsome multi-racial couriers to whatever locus of condensed stimuli we were gracing with our glittering presence at the
moment our tummies grumbled. They refuse our tips and ask only that they be allowed to pet the dogs for good luck, which no-one really needs anymore.

Then we'd meet up with Michael K at the Beatrice Inn to drink sidecars and laugh until our faces hurt while Thurnntaxis and Barracuda spun records.
"O Oysters," said the Carpenter,
"You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be trotting home again?'
But answer came there none--
And this was scarcely odd, because
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

Postby compared2what? » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 pm

That will be truly historic. I'm in. And I'm so glad that I got you an appropriately landmark virtual gift. The wrapping is this excerpt from the website where it lives. See if you can find the link that undoes the ribbon. I hid it very, very subtly:

It was 1960 and an artistic visionary suddenly appeared on the New York Fashion Scene.......Azalea.

Azalea was the only name she ever needed. She was born in Rome, of a family who boasted many generations of artists and designers. Having been brought to New York by ten years old, she was exposed to a multicultural sophisticated background. It was clear that her interests were in high fashion, having always been influenced by her mother's penchant for Parisian Couture.

Azalea was formulating her own fashion vocabulary. She so disliked the endless fittings of French Couture, and she despised clothes that were contrived. Azalea was always looking for solutions for the modern working woman. It was this in mind that she set off to turn the little black business dress into the 'perfect' elegant cocktail outfit. Thus was born the Azalea Stole.

Rarely is a fashion item so unique that it qualifies for a United States Patent, but this was the case with this high fashion stole. A stole that can be worn a myriad of ways, A stole so wonderful that it catapult Roman born Azalea into the high fashion world of Couture and Ready to Wear.

While you're there, you might want to take a look at the day ensembles. There's very sweet little peau de soie number with a fully reversible jacket that appears to have been photographed on Penelope Tree at some point. I don't think it's you, yet I somehow feel you will want to look at it anyway. I also noticed a few pieces of potentially more active interest for day. And possibly for evening. I didn't check those, because I didn't want to risk falling into a wormhole of imported vintage couture hand-cut silk-velvet from which I might not return until mid-May.

Many happy returns of the day.
compared2what?

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:25 pm

Somewhere along the line we would eat sushi

Oh, please, not sushi in the US--almost all of it comes from Sun Myung Moonie business.
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:27 pm

But is April first really your birthday, Annie? I just wished a relative happy birthday. HB to you, whenever it is.
chiggerbit

Re: It's such a perfect day....

Postby AlicetheKurious » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:59 am

annie aronburg wrote:
compared2what? wrote: I am going to have to look for a rockin' Annie Aronburg celebratory digital trinket or other gift.

I'd settle for a virtual spree in New York City with C2W:

First we'll have blood orange mimosas with our bagels and lox, don our matching Juicy Couture cashmere track suits and head down to Century 21 where all knitted silk separates are on 75% markdown along with the Betsey Johnson frocks. The girls at the cash register will be so distracted by my hokey accent that they'll forget to charge us for our sunglasses, which we'll need because it's another bright guilty day in Manhattan and while we wouldn't miss Karl Rove's tar and feathering for the world, we don't intend to get crow's feet on top of our laugh lines.

Then we'll stop by Ground Zero to see how Paul Laffoley is doing with the underground community garden and rollerdisco ziggaraut we've commissioned there.

Afterwards we'd spend some time admiring the Darger Collection at the American Folk Art Museum, before catching a bullet train to Brooklyn to browse Mark Lombardi's library at the Pierogi Gallery until our appointment at Christopher Brosius.

We'd have so many parcels from there that we'd have to catch a hovercab back to the East Village where we'd pop into the Lakeside Lounge to pose for photo booth portraits, before taking the chihuahuas to the 6:30 Informal Small Dog Gathering in Tompkins Square Park so they could check their messages.

Somewhere along the line we would eat sushi, belgian fries, injera, salad rolls and hot fruit. I don't like sitting around in restaurants so these treats would be delivered by handsome multi-racial couriers to whatever locus of condensed stimuli we were gracing with our glittering presence at the
moment our tummies grumbled. They refuse our tips and ask only that they be allowed to pet the dogs for good luck, which no-one really needs anymore.

Then we'd meet up with Michael K at the Beatrice Inn to drink sidecars and laugh until our faces hurt while Thurnntaxis and Barracuda spun records.

I think I went with you. It was great. I hope you don't mind.

BTW, somebody painted these flowers on Manhattan Bridge. It wasn't me, but it could have been...

Today, Manhattan. Tomorrow: the world!
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Postby Searcher08 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:24 am

:D This thread is like RI meets SITC

Then she thought...
Big seemed to be everything, yet when she mentioned anything Fortean, he suddenly became interested in football.
What was it with men and The Unknown?
Were they afraid or facing themselves -
or were women the only mystery that interests them?...
Searcher08

Postby OP ED » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:31 pm

I tried looking through my cache for appropriate pictures of parties and/or flowers, fairies, etc.

I was mostly unsuccessful.

I did find my picture of the famed Invisible Pink Unicorn

And several others, perhaps less cheerful, but I'll show you whats in my pockets (things I haven't sorted yet), just cause I'm here:

(improtant to heliocentrism) The phases of Venus:

our lord and savior, the mighty Glykon

The distribution of IndoEuropean linguist chains:

An Hallucinogenic Toad:

A seal for binding Goetic Demons:

Size Comparison of Inner Solar System Planets:

A picture of the Devil:

Boo!

My Heroes:

The 'Dear Napoleon' letter from Josephine:

And a chart displaying the extinction rate across a large swath of geologic time:

Something by Blake:

An Hallucinogenic Cactus:

Thee four Horsemen of Said Apocalypse:

the cube of metatron:

A schematic showing the Republican Roman Constitution's er, constitution:

And the Phantom Stranger.

Lucky you, to be born on a holy day.

Love is Law,
SHCR
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby compared2what? » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 am

I think I went with you. It was great. I hope you don't mind.

Alice, are you kidding? We had an AMAZING time. It's a shame that Annie was so offended by my gift that she has stormed off to her native climes among the wildflowers and the wood nymphs and the guitarists with skinny hips and jeans that show their pelvic bones. Oh, well. I am sure that in time, as the website clearly states, she will find the Azalea stole an indispensable addition to her wardrobe as she discovers more and more ways to integrate it into her wardrobe to make her unique personal fashion statement.

Whoever writes the copy for that site is an unsung genius, imo.

That picture's lovely. Misleadingly so. Would that we could say otherwise, but even when we still hearted NY, it was impossible not to admit that if there were a beauty pageant for notable cities of the world, Miss Manhattan would never even make it to the semi-finals. During the group events, Miss Paris would probably make snide Gallic remarks about cities that slept in loudly patterned "retro" flannel pajamas, and once they were back at the dorm Miss Tel Aviv would probably tell her to her face that she was a mongrel. Luckily, she'd probably be too coked out of her self-involved, career-obsessed mind to care.

In any event, I'm sure you remember our visit to the piece of pavement shown in the photo. We all commented on how well the location suited your Mille Fleurs cocktail suit, hand-tailored in embroidered peau de soie tapestry brocade and fully lined in silk.

I should probably mention that I stumbled upon the Azalea site a while ago while researching vintage textiles, and was so enchanted by the prose that I stopped long enough to practically memorize it. In case you think that I'm just arbitrarily typing whatever demented combination of words happen to skitter across my mind from second to second.

Image Image

ON EDIT: Love the fabric, but that ensemble must weigh at least twelve pounds. You're a strong woman.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

who's next?

Postby annie aronburg » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:41 am

chiggerbit wrote:
Somewhere along the line we would eat sushi

Oh, please, not sushi in the US--almost all of it comes from Sun Myung Moonie business.

Now Chiggie, this is just a fantasy....though all of the above listed conditions will have to be met if I am ever to set foot in The City That Thinks It's So Great again.

I am an indeed an April Fool, as are
1908 - Abraham Maslow, American psychologist (d. 1970)
1929 - Milan Kundera, Czech-born writer
1938 - Ali MacGraw, American actress
1946 - Ronnie Lane, English musician (d. 1997)
1948 - Jimmy Cliff, Jamaican musician
1949 - Gil Scott-Heron, American musician and composer
1958 - D. Boon, American musician (d. 1985)
1971 - Method Man, American rapper
1972 - Allen and Albert Hughes, American film directors
1973 - Joe Francis, American adult video producer

You must have missed the entry for
1966- Annie Aronburg, Cascadian lifestylist, moral compass and agent of karma.

I am also Hinoeuma. When I was little in Japan, people would ask my mother how old I was, do a quick calculation, then frown and apologize on account of my being "unmarriageable".

The year 1966 was named as the year of the ‘Fire Horse’ (Hinoeuma), which is a conjunction of two astrological cycles that happens every 60 years. Girls born under the sign of the ‘Fire Horse’ are supposed to find it very difficult to get married. As couples had no reliable method for selecting the sex at conception, many preferred to avoid having a child that year. This explanation is supported by certain anomalies in the sex ratio in birth records. In January 1966, the sex ratio increased to 111 versus 101 in December 1965: many girls who were unfortunate enough to be born during the first few days of January were registered as being born in December to improve their future chances of marriage, thus increasing the sex ratio for January. A similar situation was observed in December 1966, with a sex ratio of 117 versus 99 in January 1967 (Biraben, 1968, 1969). This ‘accident’ in Japanese demography is another good example of the capacity of a population to modify abruptly its fertility, at least temporarily, with no change in the availability and use of contraceptive techniques.

Do we have some other Aries in the house tonight?

The party was fabulous and I just adore all the gifts and good wishes,
though I can't believe my secret boyfriend never even dropped by with cheetohs or a stack of collapsed pancakes.....
They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg

Postby AlicetheKurious » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:38 am

c2w said:

Love the fabric, but that ensemble must weigh at least twelve pounds. You're a strong woman.

You know what they say: "Il faut souffrir pour etre belle." (It is necessary to suffer in order to be beautiful).

I learned that at the hands of a French five-year-old girl, who once asked me if she could brush my hair. I said ok, then screamed as she proceeded to pull it mercilessly. In response, she imparted the wisdom that she'd acquired at the meticulously pedicured feet of her maman.

Annie, he was intimidated and could not approach you, surrounded as you were in clouds of expensively perfumed progesterone and divine fabrics, improbable flowers and cascading feminine laughter. He shyly withdrew and has been waiting patiently at your doorstep with some dvd's he thinks you might enjoy.
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Postby compared2what? » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:40 am

You know what they say: "Il faut souffrir pour etre belle." (It is necessary to suffer in order to be beautiful).

Je sais. Since I don't like to suffer alone, when I'm in the picture, they should also learn enough Spanish to say "mas guapa, mas tarde." If I could change any one thing about myself it would be my chronic unreliability when it comes to getting anywhere for anything a l'heure. You'd think I would have some agency about making that change, given that I am the sole agent and want to make the change. If so, I have something to say to you and it is:

That's what you'd think.

Miss A, glad to see you back. You don't look a day over 21.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

a very special day for a very special Sphyraena

Postby annie aronburg » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:42 am

They'd eaten every one.
annie aronburg