"Digging Deeper: Why No Conspiracy Count for Libby?&quo

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"Digging Deeper: Why No Conspiracy Count for Libby?&quo

Postby dbeach » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:30 pm

Very interesting.<br><br>Is the fix in????<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=HUG20051102&articleId=1177">www.globalresearch.ca/ind...cleId=1177</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>"Digging Deeper: Why No Conspiracy Count for Libby?<br><br>The pre-Iraqi War intelligence was “fixed around the policy,” according to the Downing St. Memos. The perjury case of Irving “Scooter” Libby, Dick Cheney’s gofer, is only one small piece of the scheme to lie the country into war. Special Counsel Fitzgerald failed to use a conspiracy count against Libby, but he didn’t hesitate to do so in the Khaled Dumeisi case. Why the double standard? The Congress must get to the bottom of this cover-up.<br><br>On Oct. 28, 2005, Irving “Scooter” Libby, a presidential advisor and chief of staff to V.P. Dick Cheney, was indicted for lying to the FBI and to a federal Grand Jury about the identity of a covert CIA operative, Valerie Plame, and also for obstructing justice.[1] Libby is a quintessential inside-the-Washington, D.C.-beltway politico and is also a rabid Iraqi-war hawk. He was one of that blood stained conflict’s leading proponents, along with others in the “White House Iraq Group,” (WHIG). [2] A zealous Neocon, Libby has a long personal and profession relationship with the primary architect of the Iraqi War - Paul “The Wolf” Wolfowitz. [3] In fact, Libby has been described by Slate’s pundit, John Dickerson, as a “Neocon’s Neocon.” [4]<br><br>When Plame’s husband, former U.S. Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson, revealed that Iraq’s Saddam Hussein had not sought “uranium from an African country,” as claimed by President George W. Bush in his State of the Union speech, on Jan. 28 2003, Libby went ballistic. It later turned out that the “Niger documents” had been forged. In any event, perhaps to hide the fact that it was lie that Baghdad was a nuclear threat to the U.S., Libby launched a vicious campaign to personally discredit Wilson, using his CIA-based spouse as his primary target. He got into trouble doing that because it’s a federal crime to “out” a covert CIA agent. [5]<br><br>There are much bigger questions in this matter, however, which the Special Counsel, Patrick J. Fitzgerald, failed to address in his narrowly constricted probe of Libby. Try these four: What was Libby trying to cover-up by smearing Ambassador Wilson? Who put him up to the smear tactics? Who knowingly assisted Libby in his effort to either “out” Plame and/or mislead the FBI and/or the Grand Jury? What were Libby’s real motives? There is something else that is very odd about the Libby case. In most every major indictment of a public figure-a drug dealer, a politician, union official or Mafia kingpin-a conspiracy count is utilized by the federal prosecutor in the charging document. Generally, its use is pro forma. Why is this? It’s because a conspiracy count in an indictment allows a skilled prosecutor to resort to hearsay evidence in order to prove some parts of his case. It also throws a wider net over the supposed wrongdoing. It’s possible to prove that someone conspired to commit a crime, like outing a CIA agent, without proving the distinct offense itself. It’s a powerful weapon, which makes it a lot easier for the prosecutor to nail a defendant and his cohorts. Yet, in the Libby case, Fitzgerald neglected to include this primary prosecutorial tool in the indictment. Why?<br>By now, most people know that things can be “fixed!” For example, there is a long record of sleazy gangsters fixing sporting events, such as horse racing, college basketball and even professional baseball games. The notorious Chicago mobster, Arnold Rothstein, reportedly helped to fix the 1919 World Series between the Chicago White Sox and the Cincinnati Reds. We also know that if you have connections, and have been convicted of a serious crime, or are even a fugitive from justice, like Marc Rich then was, you can get a presidential pardon, if you know the right people. Libby was one of Rich’s attorneys at the time the then-President, Bill Clinton, granted the well connected Rich a pardon. (5) Can the reasons for going to war also be “fixed?”<br><br>Finally, my sources advise me that V. P. Dick Cheney has purchased a palatial estate, worth in the tens of millions of dollars, in quaint St. Michaels, located in Talbot County, Maryland. The Eastern shore county borders mostly on the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries. The chances are good that Cheney, an unrepentant War Hawk, will spend his retirement years cashing in on his lucrative Halliburton holdings, while looking out on glorious sunsets. The same, however, won’t be said for his gofer, Irving “Scooter” Libby, if he convicted on all counts and gets serious prison time on the charges. And, of course, the 2,023 brave American military personnel, who have already died in Iraq, based on a policy built on deliberate lies and half truths, will never get that chance either. The cowardly liars in the Bush-Cheney Gang, who have yet to be punished for their evildoings, took their futures away from them. Isn’t it time that these shameless culprits who deceived the American people, and the U.S. Congress, into an unjustified war, were exposed and brought to the bar of justice? [9]"<br><br><br><br><br>William Hughes is a Baltimore attorney and the author of "Andrew Jackson vs. New World Order" (Authors Choice Press) and “Saying ‘No’ to the War Party”.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Blog: View Blog (0)

See my response in the "Fizzle" thread.

Postby banned » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:46 pm

nt <p></p><i></i>
banned

Re: See my response in the "Fizzle" thread.

Postby antiaristo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:04 am

dbeach,<br>Same with me, but I'll add this.<br><br>We've got our team on the field. We've selected the quarterback and the rest of the team. It's about mid-way through the game and we're fifteen points ahead.<br><br>Some people are saying we should be thirty-two points ahead by now, or that the umpire should have ended the game now. I don't buy that.<br>There will be lots of articles like this. Articles of opinion rather than fact. Who you gonna trust - Fitzgerald, or some guy you don't know from Adam, who happens to write on the Web?<br><br>I know this: if Fitzgerald were bent, he'd never have put out a detailed indictment like that. <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Postby dbeach » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:10 am

thats why I posted it and THANX for reply<br><br>Maybe that attorney from Maryland[very close to DC] is out to discredit Fitzgerald and confuse an already very confusing situation..I am along for the ride and it looks like CS,<br>DA Fitzgerald and you ANTI are steering the wrecked ship of state..<br><br>There will be more negative Fitzgerald spin sooner rather than later..Every now and then I may have to pt out some potential obstacles but hey I still rockin along..getting to know the impossible journey.<br><br>One thing worth mentioning..the USA has more attorneys than the whole world combined..<br><br>WHY are more not writing pro/con articles about the Fitzgerlald investigations?{ not counting the talkin heads of the MM} <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Postby antiaristo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:49 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>One thing worth mentioning..the USA has more attorneys than the whole world combined<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>That may be true, but did you know five of the ten largest and most profitable law firms in the world are based in London?<br><br>They just luuuuve that Treason Felony Act. <p></p><i></i>
antiaristo

Return to Plame Investigation