Rove will not be indicted

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Rove will not be indicted

Postby sunny » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:28 am

F*ck.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/13/washington/13cnd-leak.html?hp&ex=1150257600&en=e40da3e03155858f&ei=5094&partner=homepage">www.nytimes.com/2006/06/1...r=homepage</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Only Luskin is quoted, but I doubt he would come out with this if it were not true.<br><br>I think the indictments were quashed. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Whow!!, not so fast!

Postby heyjt » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:48 am

Spin, spin spin...<br>Here's what the fantastic firedoglake blog has to say:<br><br>Jeralyn has been saying all along that she thinks that Rove cut some sort of cooperation deal. I really want to see whatever wording was in (Luskin’s words) the letter from Fitzgerald before I get too far down this road on the what’s going on speculation. And I’m hoping that some enterprising reporter…cough…Murray…cough…will get the scoop on just what IS going on with all of this.<br><br>In his statement Mr. Luskin said he would not address other legal questions surrounding Mr. Fitzgerald’s decision. He added, "In deference to the pending case, we will not make any further public statements about the subject matter of the investigation. We believe that the Special Counsel’s decision should put an end to the baseless speculation about Mr. Rove’s conduct." <br><br> (heyjt): So Rove may have cut a deal, and is possibly still deeply involved in the case.<br> Also, Jason Leopold from Truthout, still struggling with credibility after announcing that Rove had already been indicted weeks ago, wrote an interesting piece. He says that there is a sealed indictment still in the case. That is not "U.S. vs. "Sealed", It's Sealed vs. Sealed. <br> Thats right. both sides sealed. What the hell does that mean?<br> There's still meat on this bone...<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
heyjt

Blog: View Blog (0)

Future Civil Case?

Postby heyjt » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:55 am

From Buzzflash:<br><br>Statement of Christopher Wolf, Proskauer Rose LLP, Counsel for Ambassador Joseph Wilson and Valerie Plame Wilson: <br><br>We have become aware of the communication between Mr. Fitzgerald and Mr. Luskin concerning Karl. Rove's status in the criminal investigation. We have no first-hand knowledge of the reason for the communication or what further developments in the criminal investigation it may signal. While it appears that Mr. Rove will not be called to answer in criminal court for his participation in the wrongful disclosure of Valerie Wilson's classified employment status at the CIA in retaliation against Joe Wilson for questioning the rationale for war in Iraq, that obviously does not end the matter. The day still may come when Mr. Rove and others are called to account in a court of law for their attacks on the Wilsons. <br><br>End of Statement <br> <p></p><i></i>
heyjt

Quashed indictment

Postby sunny » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:56 am

Leopolds article claims an indictment in the week of May 10. Fitz met personally with the GJ that week, and on the same day we get a Sealed v. Sealed. Leopold also claims a visit to Roves attorneys offices by Abu Gonzales that same week. Yesterday, Fitz met with the Judge and Libby et al ,. ABC is reporting that Fitz also met yesterday with Judge Hogan, who oversees the GJ, and now we get an announcement about Rove. <br> <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Re: Quashed indictment

Postby dugoboy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:59 am

so...where's that fitzmas party we were promised? perhaps this is our lump of coal. but the santa isn't holy, so maybe this is all what we should have expected all along. we should have been wary of the common consensus, the media, the lefties all made a point to try to believe fitzgerald was an honest man. kind of glossed over what he did with the '93 bombing...<br><br>this was all a pressure valve. <p>___________________________________________<br>"BUSHCO aren't incompetent...they are COMPLICIT." -Me<br><br>"Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act" -George Orwell</p><i></i>
dugoboy

Re: Quashed indictment

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:40 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>this was all a pressure valve.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>*ding*</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>dugoboy wins the kewpie doll..Nothing to brag about, but that's what I've maintained from the beginning about the whole charade..Apparently others agreed.<br><br>From Feb 2004:<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Calling Fitzgerald a "special counsel" is false advertising. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Moreover, a presidential appointee (Fitzgerald) remains in charge, and another presidential appointee (Comey) is overseeing his work.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Fitzgerald does have a reputation for being relentless and independent. Still, he does not bring to the post the standing that would be afforded by a high-profile and accomplished attorney with no current ties to the Justice Department. "Jim Comey and Pat Fitzgerald are close friends," says a former US Attorney. "I highly respect them both. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>But I can't imagine Pat doing something Jim wouldn't want. </strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->This is different from having the investigation led by somebody not beholden to the department."<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.thenation.com/doc/20040202/corn">www.thenation.com/doc/20040202/corn</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Jeff, please comment

Postby sunny » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:00 pm

What are your thoughts?<br><br>Fitgeralds Witnesses seems right on target now. But how do you feel about the indictment possibly being quashed? Do you think Fitz may have done his job and got slapped down by Torture Boy Abu? <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=sunny@rigorousintuition>sunny</A> at: 6/13/06 12:04 pm<br></i>
sunny

Re: Jeff, please comment

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:06 pm

When you ask a criminal institution to investigate itself, don't expect to see 72 point-Gothic headlines.<br><br>Stupid, <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>stupid</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> DU has been eating out of this hand from the get-go..Fitzmas this, Fitzmas that..<br><br>No wonder they're called 'sheeple'..... <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

According to CS

Postby sunny » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:01 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://citizenspook.blogspot.com/2006/06/strong-indications-rove-has-been.html#links">citizenspook.blogspot.com...html#links</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Re: According to CS

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:33 pm

I'm not impressed. People like citizenspook will lose half their readers when they realize the carrot was never meant to be caught and return to watching Flintsones cartoons all afternoon. <p></p><i></i>
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:43 pm

Wouldn't it be a hoot if one of the "Sealed vs Sealed" is Cheney? <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:24 pm

On the national level, the outrages and political "battles" that come to our attention and then typically end up on a slow boat to nowhere resemble nothing more than orchestrated PSYOPS.<br><br>Gore's & Kerry's election "fights."<br>Ralph Nader voters "ensuring" 8 years of Bush.<br>Anthrax care packages.<br>Wellstone's "freezing rain" plane crash.<br>"Dirty bombs" and "enemy combatants."<br>Michael Moore promoting Oprah for President and mugging with Wesley Clark.<br>Nick Berg's "beheading."<br>CIA "good guys" and intelligence agency "infighting."<br>Dean's "scream."<br>Cleland (who gave General Myers his 9/11 cover story) quitting the 9/11 Commission in disgust.<br>Milbank writing catty "news" pieces on Conyers holding important hearings in basements.<br>"Brownie, you're doin' a heck of a job."<br>"So this is working out very well for them."<br>Bird flu.<br>Mad Cow(boy) disease.<br>The Alito filibuster "fight."<br>The Dem's "keen" response to the state of the union.<br>Vilsack saying that whether or not illegal wiretapping is illegal is "debatable" and warning Dems that standing up for the Constitution and the rule of law is "a political trap."<br>Zaqawi's supposed glorious death<br>immigration "reform"<br><br>Democrats continually holding their tongues and quietly praying that Republicans will somehow get trapped in their own excrement while mass media assures us that Republican shit smells just like roses. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>The insane dream that a prosecutor that Ashcroft appointed is our best hope to bring down BushCo because we pray that's how our elites politely purge themselves after binging too much.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> The myth that a few crazy neocons somehow have the power to sell us all down the river against the supposed better judgment of more powerful corporate barons.<br><br>The whole game has simply been rigged from all sides. All the major figureheads and all the major pundits are coopted, coerced, directed, conned or simply planted. The "limits" of "reasonable debate" have been bought and paid for. Money talks. <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>It's amazing to find the friends you can buy with small change.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>Most of the recent political "controversies" and "scandals" that have been hyped as particularly newsworthy are rigged games. Most go nowhere by DESIGN. This makes any opposing audience that is paying attention to them angry, alienated and disaffected while serving to corrupt any applauding audience with the notion that the end (your "team" in power) justifies ANY means. This doesn't require a wide ranging conspiracy, just a few well-placed operatives who can influence what news makes it on TV repetitively and engagingly and what simply falls through this specific and critical crack.<br><br>In the few cases when these "controversies" and "scandals" actually have "outcomes," most of these outcomes appear to have been scripted for their psychological effect on their audience. This also doesn't require a wide ranging conspiracy, because many of these newsworthy "items" have been selected (hyped, leaked, etc) as such exactly BECAUSE their outcomes are wholly (or at least relatively) controllable. That's not to say that mistakes aren't made, nor that there are NO conflicting agendas at work among the powerful.<br><br>Perhaps a parable would be in order to help illustrate what I'm imagining. Let's say that you are working in IT for large corporation that's planning on buying an expensive new computer system and is "analyzing" three competing products for the job. One product is vastly superior to the other two, but the principles of the company have a financial stake in rejecting the superior product and guiding the "analysis" toward one of the inferior products. They hire a couple of expensive consultants to "point" the product selection process in the "right" direction, typically by carrot/stick cajoling anybody who objects and/or simply hinting that the strong preference of their superiors lies with the two obviously inferior products. Which of these three products has the least chance of ultimately being selected?<br><br>The point of this parable is simply that when one wields a large measure of power, one can often influence events in a manner that suggests collusion without ever letting more than a handful of trusted underlings/true believers "in on the plan."<br><br>Three examples of what I'm talking about:<br><br>1) Nader in 2000. The one party corpocracy he supposedly ran to fight against is now undeniably upon us in all its sickening heinousness. On the other hand, we are repeatedly reminded that his very candidacy hastened our doom.<br><br>2) Illegal wiretaps. First the NY Times sits on the story for about six months, then when it comes out, even the Democrats who come on TV to discuss the newest charges against our felonious badministration start sheepishly mouthing Repuke talking points about our supposed need roll back the 4th Amendment and separation of powers in "wartime." The fact that Bush broke the law and is trampling on the Bill of Rights and our Constitutional separation of powers shouldn't even be subject to argument, yet the media has framed a "debate" between "judicial niceties" and "hardnosed terrorist-busting."<br><br>3) Merry Fitzmas and a same old new year<br><br>Almost every time we are presented with two choices, they are both from the damned pile. <p></p><i></i>
stickdog99

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:30 pm

I've watched Fitz for several years here from the sidelines in Iowa, with regards to his prosecution of George Ryan in Illinois, and he appears meticulous and very patient. The meticulous part may account for his being pragmatic about the evidence against Rove. We shall see. Altough only the naive would look on him as some sort of white knight, whose job it is to save the Democratic party from itself. That isn't in his job description. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 6/14/06 5:32 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby NewKid » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:33 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>All the major figureheads and all the major pundits are coopted, coerced, directed, conned or simply planted. The "limits" of "reasonable debate" have been bought and paid for. Money talks. It's amazing to find the friends you can buy with small change.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Nah!<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.wonkette.com/politics/funny-pictures/team-party-crash-the-good-fight-book-party-part-two-180418.php" target="top">www.wonkette.com/politics/funny-pictures/team-party-crash-the-good-fight-book-party-part-two-180418.php</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.wonkette.com/politics/books/team-party-crash-the-good-fight-book-party-part-one-180397.php" target="top">www.wonkette.com/politics/books/team-party-crash-the-good-fight-book-party-part-one-180397.php</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><br>see also <br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/television/dcs_new_4_million_man_38460.asp" target="top">www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/television/dcs_new_4_million_man_38460.asp</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>cf. here as well<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.nydailynews.com/news/col/r_m/story/426469p-359774c.html" target="top">www.nydailynews.com/news/col/r_m/story/426469p-359774c.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=newkid@rigorousintuition>NewKid</A> at: 6/14/06 6:03 pm<br></i>
NewKid

I think what this entire thing illustrates....

Postby slimmouse » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:19 pm

<br> I think what this entire issue illustrates....<br><br> 1/ Is the pure illusion created by "Democracy"<br><br> 2/ How the chosen few still Rule. The wealth, power and CONTROL is still in the hands of those chosen few. Id love to do some serious DNA testing.<br><br> 3/ and how the rest of us are nothing more than Bovi or Goyim.<br><br> And I would challenge anyone on these boards to make a reasonable case against any of the above.<br><br> On a temple wall in Abydos, is a hieroglyphic of a Bellhuey 760 helicopter. Now I know that "Egyptologists" , debunkers, and various other sheep will argue that this is just a myth. <br><br> Strange how these are the very same people who will argue that we are the result of a man with a beard, who positioned humans on a planet he created, or how this is the result of some cosmic accident.<br><br> You really couldnt make that kind of opposition up - But of course THEY did.<br><br> THEY wrote the fucking bible - The descendants of Constantine and the Piso family. THEY attribute ( through the education system ) two theories of our origins to the most outrageous theses youve ever fucking heard.<br><br> Just who are THEY ? Why, theyre 'appointed by God(s)' to rule us. <br><br> Who is God. see the Constantine/ Piso/ Cosmic soup stuff.<br><br> And of course it is THEY who brought you the 19 Arabs with boxcutters story, or the "Fitzgerald- is-the- tough- guy- acting- in- our- best- interests- deal.<br><br> Think anythings changed in thousands of years ? I mean really ?<br><br> Lied to from the day we're born till the day we die. Lied to by the same firm too. <p></p><i></i>
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Plame Investigation