Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Bush Political Prisoner Susan Lindauer

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:06 pm

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/34065

An Exclusive Interview with Bush Political Prisoner Susan Lindauer
Submitted by davidswanson on Fri, 2008-06-13 13:02. Evidence
American Cassandra: Susan Lindauer's Story
By Michael Collins, Scoop

"I am furious about the abuse that I have suffered. I regard this as a Soviet-style attack on my rights to dissent from the government."
Susan Lindauer

On March 11, 2004, Susan Lindauer was shocked to find FBI Agents pounding on the door of her Takoma Park house in Maryland with a warrant for her arrest. She was more shocked to discover that she was accused of acting as an "unregistered agent" of the Iraqi government under Saddam Hussein.

It's been four years since her federal indictment. On June 17, Lindauer will have her first pre-trial hearing, where she will be allowed to call witnesses to disprove the allegations.

Lindauer has never been tried in a court of law—nor allowed any pre-trial hearing to call witnesses to validate claims that she worked as an Asset supervised by U.S. intelligence for 9 years. Instead, she was forced to submit to a psychological evaluation inside a prison on a Texas military base, where she was held for seven months before getting transferred to New York. In all, she was detained for 11 months without a conviction or a guilty plea. Pro se motions for a hearing to prove the authenticity of her claims were ignored.

The psych evaluation culminated in a finding that she was incompetent to stand trial, on the grounds that she was "deluded" into believing that she had worked as a U.S. asset or would not get convicted. The coup de gras was a formal request by federal prosecutors to forcibly drug Lindauer with Haldol in order to cure her of those claims and beliefs, so that she could stand trial. She would be formally cured when she stopped declaring that witnesses would substantiate her story.

(See. American Cassandra: Susan Lindauer's Story).

This interview follows an article yesterday summarizing the case to date and the critical June 17, 2008 hearing in federal court, Southern District, Manhattan before Judge Preska. The hearing is open to the public at the defendant's request.

Previous "Scoop" coverage of Susan Lindauer's ordeal:

Michael Collins: Bush Political Prisoner Gets Her Day in Court 11 June 2008
American Cassandra: Susan Lindauer's Story 17 October 2007

Collins: When you were indicted there was a broad range of media covering your story. After about a month, things seemed to go dark with the mainstream media. How has your story stayed alive?

Lindauer: I am shocked and disappointed that the mainstream media has failed to cover developments in this story. I hope that's going to change after this hearing, because a functional media is vital to protecting citizens from arbitrary and tyrannical government decisions. By contrast, the bloggers, have kept me alive. During my incarceration, friends like JB Fields (now deceased) smoked the blogs with outrage. He urged folks to write Judge Mukasey. To his own credit, Judge Mukasey actually called a court meeting when JB's readers sent letters and papers to the Court contradicting the official Psych evaluations. Judge Mukasey wanted to know why that documentation was available on the internet but not in his courtroom. He demanded a formal explanation from the Prosecutor and my own attorney, accounting for the discrepancies in their psych reporting. JB Fields blog – and all the other bloggers who picked it up-- saved my life and my freedom. No question.

Collins: You've been in court at least 15 times over four years regarding this case. What's different about this hearing?

Lindauer: The other meetings are called "status meetings." It's a formality to show that I'm still in the system. This is the first time I have been granted the right to call witnesses into court to authenticate my story. The Prosecutor has said that I am incompetent to stand trial because I am convinced of my innocence and cannot grasp that I might be convicted. Specifically, the Prosecution has used psychiatry to argue that my belief that I worked as an Asset for the U.S. Government constitutes delusional thinking. In a bizarre legal twist, the Prosecutor has argued that since I am delusional, I should be denied the right to call witnesses to prove that I am telling the Truth. Allegedly, my belief in the existence of witnesses is a function of my delusional belief in my innocence. Is that crazy or what? Talk about Kafkaesque!

Carswell's report was significant in one way that must be noted: Their staff testified that I suffer no depression, no bipolar disorder, no schizophrenia, no hallucinations or hearing voices. They said that I was socially interactive and my behavior was appropriate to the detention. Dr. Vas testified before Judge Mukasey, "that he looked really hard, but he couldn't find anything" after 7 months incarceration.
Collins: Of all the affronts and stress you've experienced in this open ended prosecution, what's been the most offensive element?

Lindauer: I am furious about the abuse that I have suffered. I regard this as a Soviet-style attack on my rights to dissent from the government. After my arrest, I was ordered to attend weekly psych meetings for a year, during which we discussed articles in the Washington Post—and nothing else. After Carswell, I spent another year in court-ordered psych meetings. The only point of conversation was how psychology has grievously harmed my life, depriving me of freedom, damaging my reputation, and terrorizing me by interfering with my rights to call participatory witnesses, who could straighten out the matter within minutes. Beyond that, the court quack surfed the internet looking for clothes and weekend entertainment for her daughter. Since August, 2007, I have refused to go back. I told the Court the game is over. Go to trial or drop the charges, which are ridiculous anyway. They don't have a case, and they know it..

Psychiatry was corrupt enough to help the Bush White House out of a jam, which says a lot. Forensic psychiatry is a profitable business. In my opinion they are charlatans and court prostitutes who are abusing their access to the Courts in order to get money out of the state and federal budgets. They have little or no value. For myself, I have never engaged in therapy or counseling. I would never confide personal affairs to them, or listen to anything they have to say. In a weird twist, anything I say could get reported to pre-trial services. It's not private. They were a huge waste of my time, burning the clock on my 6th Amendment rights.

Collins: How do you react to your treatment by the prosecution and their mental health experts?

Lindauer: Psychiatrists are terrified of witness testimony to the point of psychotic reaction. They're so insecure as to be deeply threatened that reality will impose limitations on their phony authority in the courtroom.

The consequence for due process of law is quite terrifying. One horrific shrink—Dr. Robert L. Goldstein, a Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Columbia University-- actually testified that the depth of my belief in witness testimony confirmed the "seriousness of my mental illness." He said the Court must be patient and tolerant of my requests to call witnesses. He said it showed I was still very sick, and the Court should pity me for not understanding that these people were a figment of my imagination.

I was a prisoner in shackles at the time. I experienced a total state of shock that this corrupt quack could actual testify that my requests for due process demonstrated my incompetence to stand trial. As a "professional psychiatrist"—who had never spoken to me OR my witnesses, Goldstein nonetheless assured the Court that he would stake his professional reputation on their non-existence.

It was the most terrifying and Kafkaesque experience of my life. Truly it proves that psychiatry is out of control in the Courts. They invent and fabricate, and if the truth contradicts them, they don't even care. As Dr. Vas at Carswell put it, "we'll just tell the Court you made it up. Who do you think the Judge is going to believe? You or me? I am a doctor!"

I am firmly convinced that Congress must change the laws so that defendants can file for punitive damages against this sort of quackery. Judges should have the right to file sanctions against psychiatrists who blatantly lie to the Court—which would have to be reported to other Judges, if they testify in other cases. In the most extreme cases of outright perjury, wherein the psychiatrist verifies the truthfulness of a defendant's story and then lies about it as a so-called expert witness, then the matter should be turned over to a grand jury for indictment. I have no mercy for this garbage.

Collins: The wheels of justice grind slowly for you. It's been almost four years and there hasn't even been an evidentiary hearing. How could the process have been simplified?

Lindauer: If the Court wanted to know if my witnesses would validate my story, the Judge could very easily have set a hearing date & called everybody into Court to answer questions. Authenticity would have been established, one way or the other, within the first 15 minutes of testimony. Then the question would be answered. Finished. That's Due Process 101.

What does this say about psychology in the court-room???

In my experience, court psychology is rife with corruption and fraud. Immediately after my arrest four years ago, the psychologist referred me to himself, and then was shocked to find out that I was wholly disinterested in anything he had to say. I told him that I had no intention of changing anything about myself. In one year I intended to be exactly the same person that I was when I walked into his office.

I took a cook-book to the first meeting and forced him to listen to recitations of recipes, sans commentary. When he asked if I intended to cook any of the recipes, I assured him that I would never do such a thing. I said that I consider his insights to be as useless as a recipe that I would never bake.

He had the sense to be embarrassed. From that day on, he always had a copy of the Washington Post, and we discussed news articles and current affairs. That continued for a year. He might have enjoyed it. I didn't. I don't recall that we discussed anything except my complaints about how our court-ordered psych meetings interfered with my employment, since the bail order stopped me from working full time. I had to take a part-time job, which killed me financially. I made perfectly clear that he was wasting my time.

After almost a year of this, I told him point blank that I refused to continue. I told him that he contributed nothing to my life, except to stop me from buying groceries, paying my utilities, and forcing me to borrow money to pay my mortgage and my property taxes-- because he was so selfish as to persist in interfering with my employment, so he could make money off the court.

Collins: What happened after this period of "freedom" after your initial hearings.

Lindauer: Life got to be good again until the fateful day when i was ordered to go to Carswell.

I was told that I would be held for no more than 120 days. That's 4 months. And Judge Mukasey's clerk assured my uncle, who attended the court date, that more likely I would be home within 60 days, because the Judge expected the psych evaluation to be finished rapidly. Then it would be over. Ok, I could do that. I'm a pretty tough lady.

I went in on October 3, 2005 and waited for my release. I got tons of letters of encouragement from friends. I stayed active, walking four to six miles a day on the track, reading lots of books, working at the law library and entertaining myself with NYT crossword puzzles.

Only the prison staff on the Texas military base had other plans. They didn't want to let me go home. They actually argued for the right to detain me indefinitely, and forcibly drug me until I could be cured of claiming that I had ever worked as a U.S. asset.

I was released after 11 months. Judge Mukasey retired on the day of my release. I want to be clear that the man is my hero. Though I was detained, he issued a lengthy and well considered decision that blocked the Prosecution from forcibly drugging me. It's a decision that deserves to be considered in other cases in the future. I am profoundly grateful to Judge Mukasey. He has a great and formidable legal mind.

To this day, I am still pre-trial. I have never been convicted of a crime, nor accepted a guilty plea. All of my most fundamental rights under the precious Constitution of the United States have been revoked because a crooked psychiatrist made up a bullshit story & lied to a federal judge.

Collins: What did you do to get things moving with the court?

In August, 2007, I refused to go back to the Court-ordered meetings. Judge Loretta Preska is now hearing the case. In August I stopped attending the meetings, and told the Court that it's time to drop the charges or go to trial. If the Prosecutor wants to pretend that I'm delusional, I would gladly call witnesses for a pre-trial hearing on competency, at the earliest possible date, to smash his arguments all to hell.

In September, October and November, the Prosecutor desperately tried to get my bail revoked and get me sent back to Carswell. That motivated friends to cough up the legal fees for my new attorney. Everybody was terrified that he might prevail and the Court might actually send me back to Carswell.

I refused to let them intimidate me into backing down.

My mother would be proud if she was still alive.

Collins: What will you try to prove in court on June 17, 2008 and where do you go from there?

I am confident that my witnesses will establish that I most definitely worked as long-time asset supervised by individuals in U.S. intelligence. At that point, I hope the Justice Department would seize the opportunity to end the case before we have to go into the specifics of my work. It would be hugely embarrassing for politicians in Washington, if a trial exposes how badly the politicians have mismanaged opportunities to engage the U.S. in counter-terrorism. They are not the innocent of bystanders of intelligence failures that they pretend to be. They made serious mistakes in leadership that they have refused to acknowledge.

Assets like me are just the scapegoats for bad policy decisions.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Richard Case Nagell got the same treatment and so did others with too much information on the murder of JFK like Eugene B. Dinkin.

Though Lindauer is grateful to Mukasey, note the timing.
Rather like release of the Iran hostages and inauguration of Reagan coinciding for reasons we found out later-
I was released after 11 months. Judge Mukasey retired on the day of my release. I want to be clear that the man is my hero. Though I was detained, he issued a lengthy and well considered decision that blocked the Prosecution from forcibly drugging me. It's a decision that deserves to be considered in other cases in the future. I am profoundly grateful to Judge Mukasey. He has a great and formidable legal mind.

Anyone nominated to high position seems to have done important work for the secret government of covert military-intelligence.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Blog: View Blog (0)

sad

Postby vigilant » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:05 pm

The Prosecutor has said that I am incompetent to stand trial because I am convinced of my innocence and cannot grasp that I might be convicted. Specifically, the Prosecution has used psychiatry to argue that my belief that I worked as an Asset for the U.S. Government constitutes delusional thinking. In a bizarre legal twist, the Prosecutor has argued that since I am delusional, I should be denied the right to call witnesses to prove that I am telling the Truth. Allegedly, my belief in the existence of witnesses is a function of my delusional belief in my innocence. Is that crazy or what? Talk about Kafkaesque!

That would actually be damn funny if it weren't so sad....
The whole world is a stage...will somebody turn the lights on please?....I have to go bang my head against the wall for a while and assimilate....
vigilant

Postby nathan28 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Declaring someone unfit for trial because she believes she could be found innocent smacks a lot like the reasoning that Sirhan Sirhan has to stay locked up because he doesn't remember--and therefore has no remorse for--killing RFK.

That said, there's a element of mythomania and paranoia to Lindauer.

I wouldn't be surprised if at this point Lindauer is nuts. You can take a sane person and put them into extraordinary holding conditions and it will only be a matter of time before they go nuts. Look to, e.g., the strange case of Ponzi artist Martin Armstrong, the next time you have a couple hours to kill.

The biggest problem here is the subversion of due process, but then again, the criminal justice system's purpose is what it does. And don't get involved in parapolitics.
nathan28

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:38 pm

Feds made me do it, sez Iraq spy suspect (Susan Lindauer)

BY THOMAS ZAMBITO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, June 17th 2008, 11:53 PM

Accused spy Susan Lindauer wants to convince a Manhattan federal jury that the American government put her up to snooping on Iraq.

"Every single thing I did was supervised by the Americans," Lindauer told reporters after a competency hearing Tuesday in Manhattan Federal Court. "I am horrified that I have been left out to dry."

Before he stepped down as a judge, Attorney General Michael Mukasey declared the former reporter and Democratic aide mentally unfit to stand trial on charges she conspired to act as a spy for the Iraqi Intelligence Service.

Lindauer wants a trial so she can prove federal authorities orchestrated the whole thing.

"They don't want to acknowledge the work that I did because it's damaging to the White House," she said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_worl ... spect.html

Mukasey Oversees Role Reversal of Prosecutors, Defense
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN, Staff Reporter of the Sun
June 18, 2008

In one of his final rulings as a judge, Michael Mukasey questioned Justice Department efforts to prosecute a delusional woman who was accused of serving as an agent for Saddam Hussein. Judging the woman harmless, he refused to force her to take the antipsychotic drugs that might have made her sane enough to stand trial. That 2006 decision ended the prospect of a trial, and the government's case against the woman, Susan Lindauer, appeared to have come to an end.

Not so. The case is back the hands of Mr. Mukasey, who is now the attorney general. His Justice Department is grappling with how to respond to a bizarre twist in the case: Ms. Lindauer is demanding to be tried, even though Judge Mukasey had basically let her off the hook back in 2006.

The result is a strange case of role reversal between prosecutors and defense lawyers.

At a hearing yesterday in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, a lawyer for a visibly deranged and distraught Ms. Lindauer, Brian Shaughnessy, sought to convince a judge that Ms. Lindauer was competent to stand trial. Meanwhile, a top federal terrorism prosecutor, Edward O'Callaghan, tried to convince Judge Loretta Preska, that Ms. Lindauer was indeed insane. He pointed out that "eight reviewing doctors found her to be suffering from serious mental illness."

more:http://www.nysun.com/new-york/mukasey-oversees-role-reversal-of-prosecutors/80199/
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Bush Political Prisoner Susan Lindauer

Postby marmot » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:23 pm

some power

JB Fields blog – and all the other bloggers who picked it up-- saved my life and my freedom. No question.
marmot

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:59 pm

It's kind of like when the US government provocateurs unwitting dupes into a "terrorist plot" that goes live or not. the whole thing is under the supervision of elements of Uncle Samael, but it's all to be pinned on the dupes.

(Incidentally you did have Iraqi nationals used in the WTC 1993 and OKC 1995 inside jobs, who were then safely sent back to Iraq or put in hiding...or in the case of al Husseini Hussein, given baggage check duty at Boston Logan)
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Truth4Youth » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:17 pm

Wasn't Lindauer promoted on kooky Greg Szymanski's show? And doesn't that by implication make her story bullshit? I don't know much about her case so maybe I shoudln't pass judgement, but when you've got Szymanski reporting on it...
Truth4Youth

Postby Stephen Morgan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:32 am

8bitagent wrote:Uncle Samael

Keeping his beady eye on you.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby MinM » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Richard Case Nagell got the same treatment and so did others with too much information on the murder of JFK like Eugene B. Dinkin...

Abraham Bolden and Ralph Yates too...

Most of us are aware of what happened to Richard Case Nagell. How he was railroaded and incarcerated after he was arrested in El Paso, Texas on September 20, 1963. (pgs. 152-158) But Douglass sheds light on what happened to three other important witnesses. Jim Wilcott and his wife worked for the Agency out of the Tokyo station. On the day of the assassination, Wilcott pulled a 24-hour security shift. That evening, more than one employee told him that the CIA had to have been involved in Kennedy's killing. When Wilcott asked how they knew this, the response was that they had handled disbursements for him under a cryptonym. Also, he had been trained by the Agency as a double agent at Atsugi. (pgs. 146-147) Later, both Jim and his wife quit the Agency. They then went public with their knowledge. Jim lost his private sector job, started receiving threatening phone calls, and had the tires on his car slashed.

Abraham Bolden was a Secret Service agent who had asked to leave the White House in 1961. He did not care for the lackadaisical practices of the White House detail. (p. 200) On October 30, 1963 Bolden was in Chicago when the local agents were briefed on what they knew about an attempt being planned on JFK's life there. After Vallee's arrest and the foiling of the plot, Bolden felt a foreboding about Kennedy's upcoming trip to Dallas. When Kennedy was killed, Bolden noted the similarities between what had occurred in Dallas and what almost occurred in Chicago. In May of 1964 he was in Washington for a Secret Service training program. (p. 215) He tried to contact the Warren Commission about what he knew. The day after his call to J. Lee Rankin, he was sent back to Chicago. Upon his arrival he was arrested. The pretense was that he was trying to sell Secret Service files to a counterfeiter. Upon his arraignment he was formally charged with fraud, obstruction of justice, and conspiracy. (Ibid) Needless to say, Bolden was convicted based upon perjured testimony. (The phony witness later admitted this himself.) He was imprisoned at Springfield where he was placed in a psychiatric unit. (p. 216) He was given mind-numbing drugs. But other inmates alerted him to the nature of the drugs in advance. So he knew how to fake taking the pills. While in prison, his family endured a bombing of their home, setting fire to their garage, and a sniper shooting through their window. Mark Lane, while working for Garrison, visited him in 1967. Lane then wrote about Bolden's knowledge of the plot in Chicago. When the prison authorities learned about this, they placed Bolden in solitary confinement. He was finally released in 1969.

Compared to the fate of Ralph Yates, Bolden did all right. On November 20, 1963 Yates was making his rounds as a refrigerator mechanic for the Texas Butcher Supply Company in Dallas. That morning he picked up a hitchhiker on the R. L. Thornton Expressway. The man had a package with him that was wrapped in brown paper. When Yates asked him if he would prefer to place it in the back of the pickup, the passenger said no. They were curtain rods and he would rather keep them in the cab. (p. 351) The conversation rolled around to the subject of Kennedy's upcoming visit. The man asked Yates if he thought it was possible to kill Kennedy while he was there. Yates said that yes, it was possible. The hitchhiker then asked if Yates knew the motorcade route. Yates said he did not, but it had been in the paper. The man asked if he thought it would now be changed. Yates said that he doubted it. The passenger asked to be let off at a stoplight near Elm and Houston. Yates then returned to his shop and told his colleague Dempsey Jones about the strange conversation. (p. 352)

After the assassination, Yates noted the hitchhiker's resemblance to Oswald. So he volunteered his experience with him to the FBI. They brought him back for a total of four interviews. It became clear they did not want to believe him. The reason being that Oswald was not supposed to be on the expressway at that time. They finally gave him a polygraph test. The agents then told Yates' wife that, according to the machine, her husband was telling the truth. But, they concluded, the reason was that "he had convinced himself that he was telling the truth. So that's how it came out." (p. 354) The FBI told Yates that he needed help. So they sent him to Woodlawn Hospital, where he was admitted as a psychiatric patient. To quote the author, "From that point on, he spent the remaining eleven years of his life as a patient in and out of mental health hospitals. " (Ibid) Such was the price for disturbing the equilibrium of the official story...
http://www.ctka.net/2008/jfk_unspeakable.html
Last edited by MinM on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MinM

Though I walk through the Vallee...

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:06 pm

MinM wrote:
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:Richard Case Nagell got the same treatment and so did others with too much information on the murder of JFK like Eugene B. Dinkin...

Abraham Bolden and Ralph Yates too...

Thanks for all that info, MinM. That is an ugly but old tactic for neutralizing Those Who Know Too Much.

After Vallee's arrest and the foiling of the plot...

:shock: "Vallee?" Dot....connect....dot. Big thanks for that one. sheesh.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: Bush Political Prisoner Susan Lindauer

Postby MinM » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:15 pm

Earth-704509
MinM

Return to General Discussion