NFL Conspiracy? Steelers-Chargers final play looks fishy

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby anothershamus » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:53 am

I quit caring who wins any sports events, ever since the late 90's,(when Oregon lost to USC or UCLA, I forget which in the ROSE BOWL) when I realized that the games were rigged. You could see the flagrant referee calls went to a pre selected team and even if your favorite team was doing better they would be beat down time after time. Then it has been reinforced time after time, the worst lately was the Super Bowl a couple of years ago with Seattle and somebody.

If you watch close enough you can see the way the game will be called.

I think every once in a while they let a game really happen but it's few and far between.
)'(
anothershamus

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Wwtf

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:09 am

barracuda wrote:... accomplished by the easiest method available to the usual suspect - they bought the refs, who penalized the Steelers 14 times vs. 2 for the Chargers in order to keep it close. The spread is the whole issue in most of the fixes, not the winners and losers (although as 8bit points out, these things do happen) but in this case it was so obvious and sloppily done that it threatens the integrity of the illusion of who is actually running professional football. As a result, millions of dollars flowed from the fans to the bookies in a, uh, whaddayacallit, a massive transfer of wealth! - yeah that's it. At least, that's the tinfoil viewpoint. I kinda assume you knew all this already though, 'cause you are Jack f-ing Riddler! But I wanted to point out that there really are some gnarly similarities between the wrestling world and the NFL.

We create our own reality. We'll call it whatever we want.

Oh, hell yes. I feel unread to the end, since I was saying, like you, that fixing would be (and probably is) done through the refs. Just not through the players, that would be way too unreliable.

And yeah, I know what a point spread is. Used to blow them all the time, in the high school pool.

;)
JackRiddler

Postby 2012 Countdown » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:12 am

If you aren't a Gator, you're Gatorbait!
2012 Countdown

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:46 am

Ah, what the fuck, the Big Reveal:

JackRiddler

Postby barracuda » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:48 am

I shoulda oughta knowed it.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

FRONTLINE® mafia power play

Postby MinM » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:49 am

FRONTLINE® mafia power play
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... /csis.html

Russians regroup on other side of the red line
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/winter02/ ... id=1326249
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby beeline » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:19 am

Penguin wrote:Damn with you americans.
First of all, thats not football.
Thats something, well, lets be fair and say eggball. You know, that thing you guys hug like a baby, that thing that is not even close to being round in any reasonable way. Its impossible to play football with that monstrosity, that crime against perfection.

And in football, you dont touch the ball with your hands, except when throwing the ball back in the game. Then theres handball, but that too has a round ball and sane, sportsmanslike rules that dont include armoring yourself and ramming others. Rugby, now thats manly. Americans have always been pussies. Its like the saying: "Watch out for the little and the weak and the insecure - its those guys who pack a knife to a fistfight" - or a nuke, as is often the case.

I dont even need to go into all the other inanities and barbarity of your "sport".

Real football is what rest of the world plays. And I really do mean rest of the world. You retards call it "soccer". Ha.

And in real football, the one the round world plays, its usually been the judges that fix the games. Or the goalkeeper :P

You dont even have real football riots...

(above is all pure satire, perfectly serious. I hate competitive sports of all kinds, and American eggball is probably the most hideous game on the planet. I play football for fun with friends only)

Soccer is lame.
beeline

Hang Time

Postby marmot » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:13 pm

I just love to hate the Dallas Cowboys..

At the debut of the new Dallas Cowboys stadium last night, Tennessee Titans punter A.J. Trapasso kicked a ball that struck one of the gargantuan high-definition scoreboards that hang over the center of the field. Trapasso's punt sailed straight up and hit one of the two scoreboards that face the endzone. It deflected backward and was ruled in-play until Titans coach Jeff Fisher informed officials (who had been watching the players, not the ball) that the punt struck the scoreboard. By rule, the down was replayed.

Jerry Jones wasn't happy with the kick, not so much because he felt that somebody on his engineering team screwed up by placing the video boards too low, but because he seems to think that Trapasso was trying to hit the board on purpose. When asked whether he thought the scoreboard should be raised higher, Jones snapped:

"That's not the point. How high is high if somebody just wants to sit there and kick straight up?

"If you look at how you punt the football, unless you're trying to hit the scoreboard, you punt the ball to get downfield. You certainly want to get some hangtime, but you punt the ball to get downfield, and you sure don't punt the ball down the middle. You punt it off to the side."

Jerry Jones is a retard!
There are a number of legal punting strategies - one of which is to launch the ball with as much air under it as possible - kicking it wherever, and as high as you can get it for hangtime enough to give your own team time to be positioned to catch it. Anything that obstructs the eggball - whatever and wherever above the field - needs to be adjusted or removed.

marmot

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Is that why you guys call it football?

Cos they kick the ball about 6 times in a game. :twisted: :P
Joe Hillshoist

Postby bks » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:49 pm

Can't believe I missed the Moldea book ("Interference") the first time around.

Just finished reading it yesterday. Very eye-opening with respect to the owners' gambling habits and ties to organized crime, and also very instructive for showing how the NFL has successfully insulated itself from federal investigation time and time again. Basically, they hired ex-feds to work for 'NFL Security', and relied on their connections.

Findings are briefly summarized on this clip form the Pat Sajak show featuring Moldea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utO9jtDpsmQ
bks

Re: Hang Time

Postby MinM » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:58 am

marmot wrote:I just love to hate the Dallas Cowboys..

Jerry Jones is a retard!

Well said, marmot. :thumbsup001:

Although, to my knowledge, Jerry has not been into anything as bad as his predecessor Clinton Murchison, or HL Hunt or Carroll Rosenbloom, but nothing would surprise me either. As we know from sources like "The Family" on C Street, these people, for religious and/or birthright reasons, believe they only answer to a higher entity...

The Hamiltons In Jesusland - Josh Hamilton - Deadspin
Josh and Katie Hamilton's salvation story is taking place in North Texas, where for many folks Christianity and sports dovetail at an early age. Here, life shuttles continually between the Friday night lights and the Sunday morning pulpits, and the constant Bible-thumping begins to sound a little like the beat of the world's biggest drum.

I grew up in the Dallas-Fort Worth Jesusplex, and I can confirm that sports here — from Little League to the pros — are infused with the Good Word. When I was about 12, for instance, the third baseman for my fastpitch softball team got smacked in the noggin by a line drive — after she had crept even closer to the batter in case of a bunt. Her dad — our first-base coach — responded by laying hands on her and praying.

Then there are the Cowboys, once helmed by famous savior-lover Tom Landry, who once proclaimed on national TV, "You have to believe in Jesus Christ to play for the Dallas Cowboys." The edict may still hold-years later Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin sat at the feet of Dallas preacher T.D. Jakes, the devil-fighter whose "prosperity theology" posits bling as God's blessing. The new Cowboys Stadium is home to "I Am Second" acolytes like Jason Witten (who by the way, might have the most boring testimony on the face of the earth).

Cowboys Stadium sits a stone's throw from Hamilton's domain, Rangers Ballpark. And both mega-stadiums are plopped in the middle of Arlington, home to clusters of mega-churches the size of shopping malls. The Hamiltons' saga is taking place in the midst of Jesusland, and because of that, it's playing out in a unique way...

http://deadspin.com/5337640/the-hamiltons-in-jesusland

http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2007/08/ ... trust.html
I know from a first-hand source -- whom I will name, if legally pressed -- that Dan Moldea had privately complained that the major publishers had "blackballed" him after he wrote a book called Interference: How Organized Crime Influences Professional Football. The blackballing stopped the moment he agreed to write a book about the Robert F. Kennedy assassination pushing the "lone nut" hypothesis...

rigorousintuition.ca :: View topic - Greetings and question about Rayelan at Rumor Mill News
bks wrote:Can't believe I missed the Moldea book ("Interference") the first time around.

Just finished reading it yesterday. Very eye-opening with respect to the owners' gambling habits and ties to organized crime, and also very instructive for showing how the NFL has successfully insulated itself from federal investigation time and time again. Basically, they hired ex-feds to work for 'NFL Security', and relied on their connections.

Findings are briefly summarized on this clip form the Pat Sajak show featuring Moldea.

Thanks for that clip, bks. :thumbsup001: It's unusual to see something like that on a major network. Not quite Jim Garrison on Johnny Carson unusual, but close.

Maybe it explains what happened to The Pat Sajak Show :lol: , or perhaps why CBS eventually lost the NFL to Fox? Not only is it odd to see a guy like Moldea on CBS, but also the guy that gave him this forum, the straight-laced and über-conservative Pat Sajak.

Here's a couple of semi-related stories in the news today. The first is Moldea - related given his book on Hoffa:

New claims, gun surface in Hoffa saga | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Woman Is Charged in a Ponzi Scheme Involving Professional Football Players - NYTimes.com
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:04 pm

bks wrote:Can't believe I missed the Moldea book ("Interference") the first time around.

(SNIP)

WOW!

This is one case where I've got to say it: I really can't believe this guy still breathes.

Huge fucking stuff.

Plus very convincing that it can be done through players. Forgot about drugs and debt. Drugs will get you kicked off a team, so obviously dealers have enormous blackmail power. In my rejection above I was thinking how implausible it was to script complicated plays (like the impossible catch in the Giants win over the Patriots), but if it's a matter of a quarterback making sure his team doesn't cover the spread in a game they're winning anyway...

JackRiddler

Postby bks » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:33 am

Moldea turns out to be an interesting character. Larry Flynt's personal investigator. A guy who weighed in on Vince Foster's death and Robert Kennedy's death. Neither of his efforts there look nearly as telling as 'Interference'.

Who knew, for instance, that the FBI had its own book reviewers, ready for deployment to blow books like Moldea's out of the water?

http://www.moldea.com/Six-12.html
bks

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion