Exxon-Mobil Employees Given Fake Flu Shots

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Exxon-Mobil Employees Given Fake Flu Shots

Postby israelirealities » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:03 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051028/ap_on_he_me/fake_flu_shots">news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051..._flu_shots</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>Primary Navigation<br>News HomeU.S.BusinessWorldEntertainmentSportsTechPoliticsScienceHealthMost PopularIndex<br>Secondary Navigation<br>Weight Loss Sexual Health Medications/Drugs Parenting/Kids Seniors/Aging Diseases/Conditions Search: All News & Blogs Yahoo! News Only News Photos Video/Audio Advanced <br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br> Exxon-Mobil Employees Given Fake Flu Shots Fri Oct 28,12:46 PM ET<br> <br><br><br>BAYTOWN, Texas - Fake flu shots were given out last week at a health fair at Exxon Mobil Corp.'s Baytown complex and an investigation was under way, authorities said. <br><br>ADVERTISEMENT<br> <br>Exxon Mobil spokeswoman Treacy A. Roberts said Thursday that the FBI told the company that what was administered "definitely not the flu vaccine."<br><br>It doesn't appear that the fake shots were harmful, but steps were being taken to ensure workers' safety, U.S. Attorney Chuck Rosenberg said in a statement Thursday.<br><br>Exxon Mobil offered blood tests and counseling to the up to 1,000 employees who took part in the health fair at the oil company's vast complex of refineries and chemical plants just east of Houston.<br><br>The FBI and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration are investigating what was in the syringes and whether others might have received the fake vaccine, Rosenberg said.<br><br>Jeanne Miller, another Exxon Mobil spokeswoman, said a doctor provided the shots in Exxon's first use of an outside contractor to administer the shots. She declined to identify the doctor because of the federal investigation.<br><br>In the past, Miller said, company medical staff had offered flu shots at health fairs.<br><br>FBI officials did not explain how they found out about the potential fraud, Roberts said.<br><br>In May, a nurse in Minnesota, Michelle Torgerson, pleaded guilty to dispensing a drug without a prescription, admitting she used diluted vaccine left over from an earlier clinic and pocketed the cash when she gave college students shots at $20 each.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
israelirealities

Blog: View Blog (0)

Yet more reasons...

Postby banned » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:09 pm

NOT to get any vaccines! <p></p><i></i>
banned

Re: Yet more reasons...

Postby * » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:27 pm

<br> merely one of many possible scenarios:<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.thinktwice.com/birthcon.htm">Are New Vaccines Laced with Birth-Control Drugs?</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>"During the early 1990s, the World Health Organization (WHO) had been overseeing massive vaccination campaigns against tetanus in a number of countries, among them Nicaragua, Mexico, and the Philippines. In October 1994, HLI received a communication from its Mexican affiliate, the Comite' Pro Vida de Mexico, regarding that country's anti-tetanus campaign. Suspicious of the campaign protocols, the Comite' obtained several vials of the vaccine and had them analyzed by chemists. Some of the vials were found to contain human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG), a naturally occurring hormone essential for maintaining a pregnancy."<br></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Return to Health