Tamiflu death and hallucinations in Japan

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Tamiflu death and hallucinations in Japan

Postby Gouda » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:36 pm

deaths and hallucinations?<br><br>"FDA finds no tie between Tamiflu and Japan deaths"<br><br>WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal drug regulators said Friday there was insufficient evidence to tie the flu drug Tamiflu to the deaths of 12 Japanese children or to hallucinations, encephalitis and other symptoms suffered by some Japanese patients. <br><br>Food and Drug Administration staff said they don't think it's necessary to update the drug's labeling to reflect those deaths or possible adverse effects. But the staff is recommending adding information to the label about serious skin reactions to Tamiflu...<br><br>The U.S. labeling for Tamiflu lists nausea and vomiting as its most serious side effects. Its labeling in Japan includes any adverse effects that have been reported — including impaired consciousness, abnormal behavior and hallucinations — regardless of whether they can be attributed to the drug, according to Roche... <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2005-11-18-tamiflu_x.htm?csp=24">www.usatoday.com/news/hea...htm?csp=24</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Tamiflu death and hallucinations in Japan

Postby marykmusic » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:51 pm

They don't have to acknowledge anything that happens elsewhere.<br><br>I hope the Japanese are pissed enough to sue the drug company that made it. --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Re: Tamiflu death and hallucinations in Japan

Postby nopui » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:47 am

Oh good Grog, let them do so! <br>Someone has to stop the madness. <p></p><i></i>
nopui

Return to Health