Medical marijuana

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Medical marijuana

Postby marykmusic » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:55 pm

Sure, I smoked daily (barring unforeseen circumstances) for over 30 years, but don't any more. I decided that it was a sacred herb and too valuable in medicinal practices for me to continue with using it as a substitute Valium (though it is much less destructive, IMO, than the Prozac-class pharmaceuticals.)<br><br>So anyway, this article came across my monitor this morning: <br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>The term medical marijuana took on dramatic new meaning in February, 2000 when researchers in Madrid announced they had destroyed incurable brain tumors in rats by injecting them with THC, the active ingredient in cannabis.<br><br>The Madrid study marks only the second time that THC has been administered to tumor-bearing animals; the first was a Virginia investigation 26 years ago. In both studies, the THC shrank or destroyed tumors in a majority of the test subjects.<br><br>Most Americans don't know anything about the Madrid discovery. Virtually no major U.S. newspapers carried the story, which ran only once on the AP and UPI news wires, on Feb. 29, 2000.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br>It's from here: <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.alternet.org/story/9257/" target="top">Pot Shrinks Tumors; Government Knew in '74</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Blog: View Blog (0)

what a mystery that plant is

Postby nashvillebrook » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:06 pm

it almost seems like it was designed for maximum usefulness, with minimum impact and care. like if you could bring one plant with you -- what would you bring. 'well, i'd like to bring the one with all the medicinal properties, that you can make things with."<br><br>that's sounds great. now, lets make it illegal. <p></p><i></i>
nashvillebrook

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Health