Military recruiter shot dead in Arkansas

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Military recruiter shot dead in Arkansas

Postby sunny » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:27 pm

Military recruiter killed in Ark shooting

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – A new soldier helping to attract others to the military was shot and killed outside an Army recruiting office Monday and a second soldier was wounded, and a suspect was arrested, police said.
A man inside a black vehicle pulled up outside the Army-Navy recruiting office in west Little Rock and opened fire about 10:30 a.m., said police Lt. Terry Hastings.
The two soldiers were outside the office when they were shot. They were taken to a hospital, where one died.
The vehicle was stopped on Interstate 630 a short time later and a suspect was taken into custody. Hastings said the suspect pulled over and surrendered without incident. Police found an assault rifle in the vehicle.
Hastings said investigators had not yet questioned the suspect. Hastings said he did not know whether the recruiting office was specifically targeted or randomly chosen.
Authorities did not immediately identify the victims or the suspect.
As a precaution, police called in a bomb squad after packages were found in the vehicle. Hastings said a robot would be used to open the packages.
Lt. Col. Thomas F. Artis of the Oklahoma City Recruiting Battalion, which oversees the Little Rock office, said the victims had just completed basic training and were not regular recruiters. He said they were serving two weeks in the Little Rock office.
As part of the Hometown Recruiting Assistance Program, the soldiers were sent to "talk to friends, folks in the local area. They can show the example, 'Here's where I was, and here is where I am,'" Artis said.
Artis said neither of the soldiers had been deployed for combat.
Eight other people work in the Little Rock recruiting office, including one civilian, he said.

Yahoo
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:37 pm

a little more info from the Arkansas Democrat Gazette

Two military recruiters shot, one of them killed in drive-by

By The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

Two U.S. Army recruiters were shot Monday morning in an apparent drive-by shooting at an Army-Navy recruiting station on North Rodney Parham Road in Little Rock, said Little Rock Police. One of the recruiters died just before noon.

He is William Long of Little Rock. Quenton Ezeagwula was injured.

Police took a suspect into custody a short time later at the Interstate 30-630 interchange.

Witnesses said the two recruiters were standing outside the recruiting office at 9112 N. Rodney Parham Road at about 10:19 a.m. when a small, dark-colored open-bed sport utility vehicle drove up and someone fired six or seven shots.

The two victims were taken to Baptist Medical Center.

Police have not identified the person taken into custody. Police initially called at the department’s bomb squad after finding an assault rifle and a shotgun in the suspect’s vehicle, but no explosives were found.

Thank you for coming to the Web site of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. We're working to keep you informed with the latest breaking news.
This article was published today at 10:22 a.m..
Updated today at 12:02 p.m
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Gates of Eden

Postby IanEye » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:22 pm

The foreign sun, it squints upon
A bed that is never mine
As friends and other strangers
From their fates try to resign...
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby justdrew » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:34 pm

a unit had to be activated to distract from the Kansas incident

Arrest made in shooting at military recruitment center

A 24-year-old man in Arkansas has been arrested and charged with the drive-by shooting at a Little Rock military recruitment center that killed one soldier and injured another.

From CNN:

Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad -- a 24-year-old Little Rock resident formerly known as Carlos Bledsoe -- faces a first-degree murder charge and 15 counts of engaging in a terrorist act, Little Rock Police Chief Stuart Thomas said. The terrorist counts stem from the shots fired at an occupied building.

While authorities continued to investigate a motive, Thomas said Muhammad is a Muslim convert and, based on preliminary interviews with him, investigators believe there were "political and religious motives" in the shooting.

Military officials initially believed the shooting was a random act, but Thomas said police believe the shooter acted alone "with the specific purpose of targeting military personnel."

With the volume turned up so deafeningly high on the Tiller assassination, one must wonder how this story will influence the media's coverage over the ensuing days.

I'm going to render a guess that Bill O'Reilly, who's taking a whole lot of heat for his prior persecution of Tiller, will use this story as a way of defending himself by highlighting media hypocrisy when it inevitably does not receive as much coverage.

As George W. Bush once said, you can write it down.

-- Stephen C. Webster
http://rawstory.com/blog/2009/06/arrest-made-in-shooting-at-military-recruitment-center/
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Penguin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:57 am

Buh.

While authorities continued to investigate a motive, Thomas said Muhammad is a Muslim convert and, based on preliminary interviews with him, investigators believe there were "political and religious motives" in the shooting.

That, or ...
Penguin

Postby Uncle $cam » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:24 am

Can you say, wedge issues...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/6/1/ ... Christians

Boy, we just never learn how to be on guard against the use of wedge issues, do we?

How does a wedge issue work? Is an wedge issue USED as Prop-agenda?

The practice of politics really does seem like mechanical engineering for me sometimes, given how often the various segments of the electorate are consistently polarized. SPD (Strategic Political Distraction)?

I war with myself over this, I know you others get tired of hearing me go on and on about this, but damn if these incidents, such as the recent Tiller murder,and now this don't always seem to be used as octopus ink, to cover other deeds. The octopus squirts toxic ink, and races away across the ocean floor; The ink is thought to function as a decoy to confuse and bewilder and overwhelm.

I highly suspect these national news making events are methodically used to obfuscate other issues such as war crimes, and further done specifically in times of crisis to amp up the collective disassociation and overwhelming-ness of it all. Collective induced PTSD. Just as the anthrax/sniper project was used to manipulate the ADHD American mind. In other words, yes, AS HMW says, Psyops.
Suffering raises up those souls that are truly great; it is only small souls that are made mean-spirited by it.
- Alexandra David-Neel
Uncle $cam

Postby Penguin » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:58 am

The Beltway Sniper case was the first thing I thought of.
But also, given how much this scenario has been repeated in fiction over the years, I wouldnt find it too weird if someone in a fitting state of mind would act on these cues (is it even another matter at all?). Some payback to the man...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11112008/tv ... 138162.htm
Penguin

Return to General Discussion