Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

'CIA Still Cagey About Oswald Mystery'

Postby Jeff » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:40 pm

Heckuva job, New York Times

C.I.A. Still Cagey About Oswald Mystery

By SCOTT SHANE
Published: October 16, 2009
New York Times

WASHINGTON — Is the Central Intelligence Agency covering up some dark secret about the assassination of John F. Kennedy?

Probably not. But you would not know it from the C.I.A.’s behavior.

For six years, the agency has fought in federal court to keep secret hundreds of documents from 1963, when an anti-Castro Cuban group it paid clashed publicly with the soon-to-be assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald. The C.I.A. says it is only protecting legitimate secrets. But because of the agency’s history of stonewalling assassination inquiries, even researchers with no use for conspiracy thinking question its stance.

The files in question, some released under direction of the court and hundreds more that are still secret, involve the curious career of George E. Joannides, the case officer who oversaw the dissident Cubans in 1963. In 1978, the agency made Mr. Joannides the liaison to the House Select Committee on Assassinations — but never told the committee of his earlier role.

That concealment has fueled suspicion that Mr. Joannides’s real assignment was to limit what the House committee could learn about C.I.A. activities. The agency’s deception was first reported in 2001 by Jefferson Morley, a journalist and author who has doggedly pursued the files ever since, represented by James H. Lesar, a Washington lawyer specializing in Freedom of Information Act lawsuits.

“The C.I.A.’s conduct is maddening,” said Mr. Morley, 51, a former Washington Post reporter and the author of a 2008 biography of a former C.I.A. station chief in Mexico. After years of meticulous reporting on Mr. Joannides, who died at age 68 in 1990, he is convinced that there is more to learn.

“I know there’s a story here,” Mr. Morley said. “The confirmation is that the C.I.A. treats these documents as extremely sensitive.”

Mr. Morley’s quest has gained prominent supporters, including John R. Tunheim, a federal judge in Minnesota who served in 1994 and 1995 as chairman of the Assassination Records Review Board, created by Congress to unearth documents related to the case.

“I think we were probably misled by the agency,” Judge Tunheim said, referring to the Joannides records. “This material should be released.”

Gerald Posner, the author of an anti-conspiracy account of the J.F.K. assassination, “Case Closed,” said the C.I.A.’s withholding such aged documents was “a perfect example of why nobody trusts the agency.”

“It feeds the conspiracy theorists who say, ‘You’re hiding something,” ’ Mr. Posner said.

After losing an appeals court decision in Mr. Morley’s lawsuit, the C.I.A. released material last year confirming Mr. Joannides’s deep involvement with the anti-Castro Cubans who confronted Oswald. But the agency is withholding 295 specific documents from the 1960s and ’70s, while refusing to confirm or deny the existence of many others, saying their release would cause “extremely grave damage” to national security.

“The methods of defeating or deterring covert action in the 1960s and 1970s can still be instructive to the United States’ current enemies,” a C.I.A. official wrote in a court filing.

An agency spokesman, Paul Gimigliano, said the C.I.A. had opened all files relevant to the assassination to Judge Tunheim’s review board and denied that it was trying to avoid embarrassment. “The record doesn’t support that, any more than it supports conspiracy theories, offensive on their face, that the C.I.A. had a hand in President Kennedy’s death,” Mr. Gimigliano said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/17/us/17 ... l?_r=1&hpw
Jeff
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Timing.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:07 pm

This is an anti-"conspiracist" decoy story from the CIA-NYTimes because of what was on Amy Goodman's Democracy Now program this morning.

We learned that back in 2003 the FBI destroyed all their files on the CIA's most famous anti-Castro plane-bombing terrorist, Luis Posada Carriles.

This diversion is called counterpropaganda by the Pentagon.
It's called a career by CIA shills like Gerald Posner and Chip Berlet.
-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.democracynow.org/2009/10/16/ ... ach_on_how

Journalist Ann Louise Bardach on How Cuban Exile Luis Posada Carriles Remains a Free Man in Miami Despite His Role in Airline and Hotel Bombings

Luis Posada Carriles is accused of masterminding the 1976 bombing of a Cuban airliner that killed all seventy-three people on board, and he has publicly admitted ties to a series of hotel bombings in Cuba in 1997. In 2000, he was arrested in Panama City for plotting to blow up an auditorium where Fidel Castro would be speaking. Despite his record, Luis Posada Carriles is currently living freely in Miami. He is awaiting trial in Texas early next year on charges of immigration fraud and lying to authorities about his involvement in the hotel bombings. A new book by award-winning investigative journalist Ann Louise Bardach provides an insider’s view on the case against Posada. Bardach first interviewed Posada in 1998 for the New York Times in one of his only in-depth interviews.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby thatsmystory » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:10 am

The C.I.A. says it is only protecting legitimate secrets.

That settles it. Case closed.

Scott Shane wrote the article about KSM's interrogation:

The very fact that Mr. Martinez, a career narcotics analyst who did not speak the terrorists’ native languages and had no interrogation experience, would end up as a crucial player captures the ad-hoc nature of the program. Officials acknowledge that it was cobbled together under enormous pressure in 2002 by an agency nearly devoid of expertise in detention and interrogation.

Inside a 9/11 Mastermind's Interrogation
thatsmystory

Re: 'CIA Still Cagey About Oswald Mystery'

Postby KeenInsight » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:45 am

Jeff wrote:[

“The methods of defeating or deterring covert action in the 1960s and 1970s can still be instructive to the United States’ current enemies,” a C.I.A. official wrote in a court filing.

These enemies being... the citizens of the United States?
KeenInsight

Postby MinM » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:09 am

thatsmystory wrote:

The very fact that Mr. Martinez, a career narcotics analyst who did not speak the terrorists’ native languages and had no interrogation experience, would end up as a crucial player captures the ad-hoc nature of the program. Officials acknowledge that it was cobbled together under enormous pressure in 2002 by an agency nearly devoid of expertise in detention and interrogation.

Case Closed, indeed. :wink:

Scott Shane, Gerald Posner, Ann Louise Bardach, Amy Goodman, Democracy Now ... Sounds like a perfect storm of Limited Hangout/Gatekeeping 'Goodness'.
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:This is an anti-"conspiracist" decoy story from the CIA-NYTimes because of what was on Amy Goodman's Democracy Now program this morning.

We learned that back in 2003 the FBI destroyed all their files on the CIA's most famous anti-Castro plane-bombing terrorist, Luis Posada Carriles.

I caught that segment on Democracy Now. Here's some highlights:
ANN LOUISE BARDACH: Alright, well, this is very shadowy. And if you get confused, you wouldn’t be the first one. The CIA was a very different organization in the ’60s and ’70s than it is today. In fact, it led to a lot of Senate hearings, and things were changed. But the CIA that Luis Posada—Luis Posada gets involved in the CIA before Bay of Pigs. He is living in Havana. He is recruited probably by David Atlee Phillips, people—famous people, E. Howard Hunt, all of these names that became quite celebrated, who were working out of Havana immediately after the revolution to try to sabotage the new government or regime, whatever you want to call it. And Posada worked inside Havana, then got out in the early ’60s, immediately went into Fort Benning, Bay of Pigs.

But what happened with the CIA is some of these guys, even then—as I said, things were getting a little out of control. And these guys were not entirely just doing exile militant activities. There seemed to be a pattern where there were a little couple sidelines that made the CIA uncomfortable, like drug dealing, and so that it was...
Orlando Garcia, Orlando Bosch. The famous figure is Mono Morales, “Monkey,” El Mono. And these guys were real characters. I mean, these guys—El Mono was informing for Venezuelan intelligence, the CIA, the DEA, the FBI, and Miami-Dade intelligence, and, no doubt, the Cuban intelligence organ DGI. This was at—I call this period Casablanca on the Caribbean. These guys had so many balls in the air. And remember, this is a period of tremendous amount of narcotics trade coming out of Latin America. This is the discovery of cocaine. Everything came through Caracas. So—and you know what they say about Miami. Miami was built on the—you know, its renaissance came out of, you know, those wild, woolly drug years...

Just to give Bardach the benefit of the doubt, maybe she sincerely believes that they reformed in the wake of the Church Hearings?

Lisa Pease did a good job of explaining how William Colby 'gave up' Foreign Assassinations in order to protect Domestic Operations.

Jim DiEugenio adds that one other reason for Colby's contrition was to expose the crap that James Jesus Angleton was into (i.e., the mishandling of Yuri Nosenko). Ostensibly to force Angleton out of The Agency.
BTW, I'm not sure if it was here? But somewhere I just read that Louis Freeh made is bones by shutting up William Colby for good?

:backtotopic:
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby MinM » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:49 am

C.I.A. Is Still Cagey About Oswald Mystery - The Education Forum

William Kelly wrote:I think this is a very important story, though it is ten years too late.

It's a shame that the New York Times didn't think Morley vs. CIA was that significant a decade ago, but now all of a sudden, or is it finally, important?

rigorousintuition.ca :: View topic - "MORLEY Wins Appeal: CIA's JOANNIDES Files"
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby MinM » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:57 am

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/v ... 154#294154
Jeff wrote:
anothershamus wrote:full link here: http://www.geocities.com/jilaens/moon.htm

That reminds me:

GeoCities goes dark tomorrow, all data to disappear

http://www.geocities.com/oswaldpatsy/

Lee Harvey OswaldThe Patsy

"The thing I am concerned about, and so is [Deputy Attorney General Nicholas] Katzenbach, is having something issued so we can convince the public that Oswald is the real assassin." --FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, speaking on the telephone to Johnson aide Walter Jenkins two hours after Oswald was murdered by Jack Ruby, HSCA Report, vol. III, pp. 471-73. (The Warren Commission -- charged with determining the truth in the JFK assassination -- relied upon Hoover's FBI as its primary investigative arm.)

"At the first meeting of the newly constituted Warren Commission, [former CIA Director] Allen Dulles handed out copies of a book to help define the ideological parameters he proposed for the Commission's forthcoming work. American assassinations were different from European ones, he told the Commission. European assassinations were the work of conspiracies, whereas American assassins acted alone." --Peter Dale Scott, Deep Politics and the Death of JFK

"We have not been told the truth about Oswald." --Senator Richard Russell, former Warren Commission member, conversation with researcher Harold Weisberg in 1970, Whitewash IV

"Lee Harvey Oswald is a question mark to history. The debate is often raised: 'Was Lee Harvey Oswald alone as the assassin, or was he part of a conspiracy?' The question is never raised: 'Is it possible he didn't do it at all?'" --Robert Groden, assassination researcher, interviewed by Nigel Turner for the documentary, The Men Who Killed Kennedy: Part 4

Oswald is interviewed by the news media after his arrest. Oswald declared, "I'm just a patsy."

The following transcribed text is from the documentary, The Men Who Killed Kennedy: Part 4.

NARRATOR: One person with no illusions about Oswald's role [as a patsy for JFK's real killers] launched his own investigation into the Kennedy assassination in 1967, the former District Attorney of New Orleans, Judge Jim Garrison.

GARRISON: [Oswald] was employed by the Central Intelligence Agency and was obviously drawn into a scapegoat situation and made to believe ultimately that he was penetrating the assassination. And then when the time came, they took the scapegoat -- the man who thought he was working for the United States government -- and killed him real quick. And then the machinery, disinformation machinery, started turning and they started making a villain out of a man who genuinely was probably a hero.

NARRATOR: Six months before the assassination, Oswald had taken a mundane job [in New Orleans] with the Reily Coffee Company. But it seems his real activities were centered a few blocks away. From a small office on the corner of Lafayette and Camp Street, Oswald managed a local chapter of the pro-Castro Fair Play For Cuba Committee. Operating from an adjoining office was a sinister figure named Guy Banister.

Guy Banister -- Former FBI Agent and Naval Intelligence Operative. Also a Member of the Minutemen, the John Birch Society, the Louisiana Committee on Un-American Activities, and Publisher of the Racist Louisiana Intelligence Digest

GARRISON: Guy Banister -- it's difficult to say much about him, because he always stood in the shadows and pushed someone else to the front. He was a strongly disciplined man, perhaps the outgrowth of his many years as a special agent in charge of the Chicago office of the FBI. But he was a key man in the assassination, and that's clear from the fact that Oswald's "sheep-dipping" -- his being portrayed as a Communist -- was done out of Guy Banister's office. So he was sheep-dipped for months as a Communist by giving literature: "Lee, hand this out today. This is your assignment."

I came across the fact that Oswald, a private in the Marines, had taken a Russian examination. And I knew that privates did not take Russian examinations unless they were connected with intelligence. So that caused me to be curious about 544 Camp, which was the address stamped on one circular that he gave out one time before, obviously, Banister told him, "Lee, no more addresses." It turned out that was a side address of Guy Banister's private detective agency.

Oswald distributing pro-Castro literature in front of Clay Shaw's International Trade Mart at 124 Camp Street, a stone's throw away from Guy Banister's 544 Camp Street address, August 16, 1963.

Well I went down there to look at it, and I found myself not merely outside of Guy Banister's office, but across the street from Naval Intelligence, across the street from Secret Service, around the corner was the Crescent City Garage, the garage for the intelligence community and then, two doors away, the Reily Coffee Company. I used to be in the FBI. I knew people in Naval Intelligence and they were either across the street, around the corner -- the whole intelligence community was there, and right in the middle of it was Guy Banister having Oswald sheep-dipped as a Communist....

When the President ends up being assassinated and the scapegoat grabbed by the federal government, and killed before anything can be done to help him, turns out to be the man that Guy Banister had been the tutor of all the time, you have to conclude that Guy Banister was a key man in the assassination, and possibly the most important man that we encountered in our whole investigation. But he's been dead so many years it's a little hard to question him...

Was Oswald a spy? After reviewing all available evidence, the answer to the question seems to be a resounding "yes." The following is a quick look at some of the evidence pointing to Oswald's involvement with spy work:

* His childhood -- a bright loner who read a wide range of books and was drawn to unpopular ideas, attracted by spy stories (the TV show "I Led Three Lives" and Ian Fleming's James Bond novels were among his favorites) -- perfectly fits the profile of persons most desired for intelligence work.
* Oswald's Marine career is checkered with inconsistencies and unexplained events that suggest secret intelligence training.
His assignment to Atsugi base in Japan, which housed a large CIA facility.
* Oswald's incredible ability with the Russian language. Several Russians, including his wife, said he spoke like a native, yet this high-school dropout reportedly taught himself Russian from books.
* The fact that several persons -- including a former CIA paymaster, Oswald's Marine roommate, and fellow Marine Gerry Patrick Hemming -- have suggested that Oswald worked for U.S. intelligence.
* The manner in which Oswald traveled so easily in and out of Russia as well as the unaccounted-for funds he used suggests intelligence guidance.
The ability of this American "defector" to leave the Soviet Union with his Russian-born wife at a time when most Russians were being denied exit permits.
* The ease with which this would-be defector obtained passports both in 1959 and 1963.
* The fact that Oswald wrote a lengthy report on his activities in Russia and, later, made a detailed report to the FBI concerning his Fair Play For Cuba activities in New Orleans.
* Oswald's notebook contained the word "microdots," a common spy technique of photographically reducing information to a small dot.
* Oswald's nonbinding "defection" to Russia fits perfectly the profile of an Office of Naval Intelligence program to infiltrate American servicemen into the Soviet Union during the late 1950's.
* One of Oswald's closest contacts,George DeMohrenschildt, was himself an intelligence operative, first for the Nazis and later for the CIA.
* One of the strongest pieces of evidence for Oswald's involvement in spy work concerns a small Minox camera found among his effects by Dallas Police. Information developed by the Dallas Morning News in 1978 revealed the camera was not available to the public in 1963. It may have been spy equipment issued to Oswald. This evidence was so explosive that the FBI tried to get Dallas detectives to change their reports regarding the camera and also kept photos taken by Oswald hidden for nearly fifteen years.... Detective Rose told the Dallas Morning News: "[FBI agents] were calling it a light meter, I know that. But I know a camera when I see it.... The thing we got at Irving out of Oswald's seabag was a Minox camera. No question about it. They tried to get me to change the records because it wasn't a light meter. I don't know why they wanted it changed, but they must have had some motive for it." The motive may have been that the existence of the camera pointed to Oswald's intelligence connections.... The three-inch-long German-made camera was famous for being used by spies on both sides during World War II.
Note: The above text is excerpted from the book, Crossfire: The Plot that Killed Kennedy by Jim Marrs

Minox Spy Camera

"The Report of the Warren Commission infers that Oswald somehow must have learned Russian on his own, ostensibly in preparation for his forthcoming defection. Actually, Oswald was taught Russian by the United States government, as is indicated by Lieutenant Colonel Folsom's testimony during which he happened to refer to one of Oswald's grades in a U.S. Armed Forces Russian examination (Volume VIII, p. 307). The formal designation for this Russian examination was "Department of the Army, Adjutant General's Office, PRT-157. Oswald took the Russian examination on February 25, 1959, while stationed at El Toro Marine Base in California." --Jim Garrison, District Attorney of New Orleans, Press Release, February 21, 1968

"On at least two separate occasions, Banister employees saw Oswald handing out pro-Castro literature and reported it to their boss. In one instance Banister simply laughed, and on the other, he told his secretary Delphine Roberts: 'Don't worry about him.... He's with us. He's associated with the office.' Roberts also said she saw Oswald at 544 Camp Street, and that he filled out one of Banister's 'agent' application forms. She later told author Anthony Summers: 'Oswald came back a number of times. He seemed to be on familiar terms with Banister and with the office.'" --Jim Marrs, Crossfire: The Plot that Killed Kennedy

"They are the most ruthless motherf---ers there are and if they want to get somebody, they will. They will do their own people up." --David Sanchez Morales, talking about the CIA, (Morales was the Chief of Operations at the CIA station in Miami -- JM/WAVE -- and a consultant to the Deputy Director of the Joint Chiefs), Gaeton Fonzi, The Last Investigation

"We do know Oswald had intelligence connections. Everywhere you look with him, there're fingerprints of intelligence." --Republican Senator Richard Schweiker, member of the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Village Voice, December 15, 1975

"The question of whether Oswald had any relationship with the FBI or the CIA is not frivolous. The agencies, of course, are silent. Although the Warren Commission had full power to conduct its own independent investigation, it permitted the FBI and the CIA to investigate themselves -- and so cast a permanent shadow on the answers." --Walter Cronkite, CBS News anchor, June 28, 1967

"If he had it to do over again, he would begin his investigation of the Kennedy assassination by probing 'Oswald's ties to the Central Intelligence Agency.'" --Richard Sprague, first staff director and chief counsel to the U.S. House Select Committee on Assassinations, statement to Sam Anson of New Times magazine, Gaeton Fonzi, The Last Investigation

"[Lee Oswald's mother] Mrs. Marguerite Oswald frequently expressed the opinion that her son was recruited by an agency of the U.S. Government and sent to Russia in 1959, but she stated before the Commission that 'I cannot prove Lee is an agent.'" --Warren Commission Report, Appendix XII: Speculations and Rumors, Oswald and U.S. Government Agencies, p. 660

"[Former CIA Director Richard] Helms told reporters during a break that no one would ever know who or what Lee Harvey Oswald ... represented. Asked whether the CIA knew of any ties Oswald had with either the KGB or the CIA, Helms paused and with a laugh said, 'I don't remember.'" --Helms, chatting with the Washington Post's George Lardner and other reporters in 1978, during a recess of the U.S. House Select Committee on Assassinations, Gaeton Fonzi, The Last Investigation

"After the assassination the public was burdened with no quandary. Wherever the guilt really lay, the man identified as killing President Kennedy was stamped as a disciple of the extreme left. Rightly or wrongly, the political left was implicitly convicted along with Oswald. Was that verdict just, or were Oswald and his apparent heroes victims of a vicious double-cross by forces of the extreme right?" --Anthony Summers, Not in Your Lifetime

"I no longer believe that we were able to conduct an appropriate investigation of the [Central Intelligence] Agency and its relationship to Oswald.... I do not believe any denial offered by the Agency on any point. The law has long followed the rule that if a person lies to you on one point, you may reject all of his testimony.... We now know that the Agency withheld from the Warren Commission the CIA-Mafia plots to kill Castro. Had the commission known of the plots, it would have followed a different path in its investigation.... We also now know that the Agency set up a process that could only have been designed to frustrate the ability of the committee in 1976-79 to obtain any information that might adversely affect the Agency. Many have told me that the culture of the Agency is one of prevarication and dissimulation and that you cannot trust it or its people. Period. End of story. I am now in that camp." --Robert Blakey, staff director and chief counsel for the U.S. House Select Committee on Assassinations, statement from 2003

"I have felt, I always felt, a sympathy for Oswald, and I just don't feel it's right that he would be, or his children should be, stuck with that stigma, that's all." --Chauncey Holt, CIA contract agent and Mafia associate (also identified as one of the "three tramps" photographed in Dealey Plaza), video interview, 20 June 1997

"Lee Oswald was totally, unequivocally, completely innocent of the assassination. And the fact that history ... has been made a villain of this young man, who wanted nothing more than to be a fine Marine, is in some ways the greatest injustice of all." --Jim Garrison, interviewed by Nigel Turner for the documentary, The Men Who Killed Kennedy: Part 4

Guy Banister's 544 Camp Street address. The building also housed the Cuban Revolutionary Council -- a militant anti-Castro organization created by the CIA.

For more information on Guy Banister's 544 Camp Street office click below:

http://www.geocities.com/garrisoninvestigation/

http://www.ctka.net/LetJusticeBeDone/chapter4.htm

http://www.geocities.com/oswaldpatsy/
Earth-704509
MinM

Re: 2 or 3 recent related threads:

Postby MinM » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:55 pm

rigorousintuition.ca :: Errol Morris: The Umbrella Man in Dealey Plaza

rigorousintuition.ca :: 9/11-linked Louis Freeh As Penn State Pedo Investigator
thatsmystory wrote:

Case Closed, indeed. :wink:

Scott Shane, Gerald Posner, Ann Louise Bardach, Amy Goodman, Democracy Now ... Sounds like a perfect storm of Limited Hangout/Gatekeeping 'Goodness'.
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:This is an anti-"conspiracist" decoy story from the CIA-NYTimes because of what was on Amy Goodman's Democracy Now program this morning.

I caught that segment on Democracy Now. Here's some highlights:
ANN LOUISE BARDACH: Alright, well, this is very shadowy. And if you get confused, you wouldn’t be the first one. The CIA was a very different organization in the ’60s and ’70s than it is today. In fact, it led to a lot of Senate hearings, and things were changed. But the CIA that Luis Posada—Luis Posada gets involved in the CIA before Bay of Pigs. He is living in Havana. He is recruited probably by David Atlee Phillips, people—famous people, E. Howard Hunt, all of these names that became quite celebrated, who were working out of Havana immediately after the revolution to try to sabotage the new government or regime, whatever you want to call it. And Posada worked inside Havana, then got out in the early ’60s, immediately went into Fort Benning, Bay of Pigs.

But what happened with the CIA is some of these guys, even then—as I said, things were getting a little out of control. And these guys were not entirely just doing exile militant activities. There seemed to be a pattern where there were a little couple sidelines that made the CIA uncomfortable, like drug dealing, and so that it was...
Orlando Garcia, Orlando Bosch. The famous figure is Mono Morales, “Monkey,” El Mono. And these guys were real characters. I mean, these guys—El Mono was informing for Venezuelan intelligence, the CIA, the DEA, the FBI, and Miami-Dade intelligence, and, no doubt, the Cuban intelligence organ DGI. This was at—I call this period Casablanca on the Caribbean. These guys had so many balls in the air. And remember, this is a period of tremendous amount of narcotics trade coming out of Latin America. This is the discovery of cocaine. Everything came through Caracas. So—and you know what they say about Miami. Miami was built on the—you know, its renaissance came out of, you know, those wild, woolly drug years...

Just to give Bardach the benefit of the doubt, maybe she sincerely believes that they reformed in the wake of the Church Hearings?

Lisa Pease did a good job of explaining how William Colby 'gave up' Foreign Assassinations in order to protect Domestic Operations.

Jim DiEugenio adds that one other reason for Colby's contrition was to expose the crap that James Jesus Angleton was into (i.e., the mishandling of Yuri Nosenko). Ostensibly to force Angleton out of The Agency.
BTW, I'm not sure if it was here? But somewhere I just read that Louis Freeh made is bones by shutting up William Colby for good?

rigorousintuition.ca :: 11/22/63 CIA coup in the USA kills President Kennedy
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:...no anniversary thread for newbies to fascism truth history? Better late than...lotsa earlier threads...

48 years ago a coup was staged in the United States when a high-level cabal of CIA, Pentagon, FBI, and other spooks planned the murder of President John F. Kennedy by security-stripping his Dallas motorcade and steering him into a low-speed ambush where triangulated fire by snipers killed him and a patsy was captured and killed with the help of Dallas police two days later.

Kennedy had just signed the paper to end the Vietnam War, National Security Advisory Memorandum 263, in October.
New president Johnson signed the papers to continue the war hours after JFK's murder.

Best website for investigative books and articles includes other 1960s spook assassinations-
JFK, Malcolm X, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Sen. Robert Kennedy

Citizens for Truth about the Kennedy Assassination
http://www.ctka.net/

Studying how CIA-controlled media covers up this crime shows how subsequent cover-ups are carried out.
Every anniversary season brings propaganda reinforcing the cover story of a 'lone commie gunman.'

Ya really think this week's story about two AK47 bullets hitting the White House is a coincidence? Yeah, right.

Speaking of Jim DiEugenio's site ( http://www.ctka.net/ ) . His partner on the book The Assassinations, Lisa Pease, had an excellent piece on RFK yesterday:

http://www.salon.com/2011/11/21/the_oth ... onspiracy/

http://realhistoryarchives.blogspot.com ... salon.html

viewtopic.php?p=436028#p436028

BTW ... Lisa Pease and Jim DiEugenio were on BlackOpRadio last night:

Show #554
Original airdate: Nov 24, 2011
Guest: Jim DiEigenio, Lisa Pease, Ira David Wood III
Topics: J Edgar, RFK, The JFK Assassination Chronology

Play Part One - Jim DiEugenio Real Media or MP3 download

# Reviews Dallas, and the film J Edgar

Play Part Two - Lisa Pease Real Media or MP3 download

# Discusses her article in Salon magazine
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:59 pm

While DiEugenio accurately tears apart the bogus 'Hoover' movie, it's obvious he still doesn't get what Hollywood really is, CIA disinfo conditioning. And this movie was timed to coincide with the anniversary of Oliver Stone's 'JFK' and deliberately be inaccurate to fool the very naive and create doubt in the less naive regarding movies on historical subjects.

I'm also alarmed to hear Black Ops radio still promoting James Fetzer who has been an active 9/11 disinformationist.
Same thing with Jim Marrs who infiltrated the JFK truth movement and waited until the Assassinations Record Review Board was active to unleash his pile of UFO disinfo. Marrs was a sleeper, just like Chip Berlet and David L. Robb. Robb put out a book about the Pentagon and Hollywood and followed up with a book wherein he 'affirms that Oswald dunnit.'

s.o.p.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Stephen Morgan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:18 am

I've heard about this Hoover movie. During the War MI5 sent a couple of turned German spies over there to work for the FBI under Operation Double Cross, feed the Nazis fake information and so on. Jedgar just banged them up instead of using them, all about the publicity.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby MinM » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:While DiEugenio accurately tears apart the bogus 'Hoover' movie, it's obvious he still doesn't get what Hollywood really is, CIA disinfo conditioning. And this movie was timed to coincide with the anniversary of Oliver Stone's 'JFK' and deliberately be inaccurate to fool the very naive and create doubt in the less naive regarding movies on historical subjects.

I'm also alarmed to hear Black Ops radio still promoting James Fetzer who has been an active 9/11 disinformationist.
Same thing with Jim Marrs who infiltrated the JFK truth movement and waited until the Assassinations Record Review Board was active to unleash his pile of UFO disinfo. Marrs was a sleeper, just like Chip Berlet and David L. Robb. Robb put out a book about the Pentagon and Hollywood and followed up with a book wherein he 'affirms that Oswald dunnit.'

s.o.p.

IIRC, from an episode of BOR a few years back, Len Osanic described meeting Fetzer years ago at a JFK convention. So it sounds like he considers Fetzer a friend. And, even though he doesn't come on as a guest much anymore, Jim Fetzer helps Len pay the bills by buying promos that run at the beginning and ending of some shows.

So it's to Len's credit that after the first six or seven years of having Fetzer as his main contributor, he's upgraded the last two or three years by replacing him with Jim DiEugenio. DiEugenio is good at setting Len straight on some of his other previous digressions too, i.e., John Hankey, Russ Baker, Shane O'Sullivan, Barr McLellan...

Bringing it back to this thread it's interesting to note that the only mainstream guest they have ever had on Black Op Radio that comes to mind (aside from Jesse Ventura) is Scott Shane. The New York Times reporter featured in Jeff's OP.
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby MinM » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:While DiEugenio accurately tears apart the bogus 'Hoover' movie, it's obvious he still doesn't get what Hollywood really is, CIA disinfo conditioning. And this movie was timed to coincide with the anniversary of Oliver Stone's 'JFK' and deliberately be inaccurate to fool the very naive and create doubt in the less naive regarding movies on historical subjects...

Lisa Pease speaks of all the Spooks in Hollywood. Then laments the positive framing of The Agency in the podcast below. Occams Razor?

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black529b.mp3

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black529c.mp3
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Simulist » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:33 am

C.I.A. Still Cagey About Oswald Mystery

Yeah, people get that way when they lie.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:24 am

NPR just did an article in 'Tech Nation' about using cell phones-while driving 'about someone named TEETER who just can't resist his compulsion and has to lock his phone in his car's trunk.'

You might know that name as the lawyer for years trying to clear Sirhan Sirhan's name, Lawrence TEETER, due to Sirhan's CIA hypnoprogramming as a patsy.

Do listen to NPR. It's CIA intelligence programming. You'll learn something.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:12 am

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:NPR just did an article in 'Tech Nation' about ...
Do listen to NPR. It's CIA intelligence programming. You'll learn something.

Damn. Just got it.

NPR's host of 'Tech Nation' is Dr. Moira Gunn.
A total CIA disinfoteer.
http://www.technation.com/

She is an exact voice sound-alike of...Lisa Pease.
Who has been exposing the 60s assassinations since the 1990s.

I dozed off re-listening to Lisa Pease on BlackOpsRadio.
Woke up and thought it was NPR's 'Tech Nation'...because of the voice. Exact sound-alike.

Which is why she does assassination decoy articles along with National CIA Graphic like-
October 11, 2011

CANDICE MILLARD
Former editor and writer, National Geographic
Author, Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President

Moira speaks with Former National Geographic writer CANDICE MILLARD about how the hubris of others and the lack of simple medical precautions resulted in the untimely death of President Warren G. Harding ...

No wonder. Dr. Gunn's bio-
http://www.technation.com/pages/GunnBio.html
Early career at NASA included large-scale scientific computation and global communications, with special emphasis in infrared satellite image processing. computational fluid dynamics. and global climate and weather modeling. Subsequent robotics engineering work in place at IBM, Morton Thiokol, United Technologies/Pratt & Whitney, Lockheed-Martin, Rolls-Royce, US Navy. Technical patent in conjunction with two USDA nutrition scientists in the area of nutrition measurement systems.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Next

Return to General Discussion