Brother of Afghan President Is on CIA Payroll

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:24 am

If anyone has seen the news today, the situation in Afghanistan and Pakistan has completely spiraled out of control. The heart of Kabul was struck today by bombs, coordinated mumbai massacre like attacks and rockets. Over 800 US soldiers have now died since the start, God knows how many civilians.

And Pakistan, most the major cities have been struck by massive coordinated attacks: Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad, etc. Yesterday a massive attack killed over a hundred in a market place.

All as debate now rages on the legality of US CIA drones which have killed over a 1000 people since 2001, many of whom are civilians

All the MSNBC shows today, the left blogs, etc are all talking about how crazy it is that 3 DEA agents died fighting drugs while the CIA is basically bankrolling one of the biggest drug kingpins(brother of Unocal Bush stooge Pres. Karzai)

And Im thinking wait a second...hasnt the CIA been behind virtually EVERY major drug operation since the Shanghai heroin Vietnam era?

We know the CIA had mujahadeen bring heroin into New York and Contras from Nicuragua bring cocaine into the US.

Most the ecstacy comes from Israel, some of which is traced to Mossad cells(1997 era America, for instance)

And the other bulk comes from Mexican drug cartels like Los Zetas who were born from the School of Americas
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:02 pm

This video compares and contrasts US media versions of the story:

http://www.newsy.com/videos/hamid_karza ... ia_payroll
American Dream

Postby Fred Astaire » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Perhaps it's time to revisit Gary Webb.

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2008/120908.html
Fred Astaire

Postby teamdaemon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:57 pm

8bitagent wrote:Most the ecstacy comes from Israel, some of which is traced to Mossad cells(1997 era America, for instance)

I would be interested in reading more on this subject, 8bit. Not that I doubt it, just that I'm not familiar with the details.
teamdaemon

Postby MinM » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:51 pm

Gouda wrote:Gerald Posner speed-dials the bros Karzai to air their side of the story

The brothers of Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai, Ahmed—reported Wednesday to be on the CIA payroll—and Mahmoud, talk exclusively with The Daily Beast's Gerald Posner. They fiercely deny the CIA claim and blame it on enemies of the Afghan regime and The New York Times.

Early Wednesday morning at nearly 1:00 a.m., I checked my email for a final time and saw notice of a newsbreak from The New York Times that Ahmed Wali Karzai, the brother of the Afghan president and the man often called the Pablo Escobar of the country’s heroin trade, has been on a CIA payroll for the past eight years. I immediately called him.

I reached him on his private cell number.

Thanks, Gouda :thumbsup001:

I linked to that story in the comment section here...

Real History Blog: Brother of Afghan Leader Is Said to Be on C.I.A. Payroll

and Lisa blogs about it here:

Real History Blog: Gerald Posner has private cell number of Afghanistan's leader's brother - accused of CIA ties

BTW -- Lisa Pease is scheduled to be on http://www.blackopradio.com/ tonight. :popcorn:
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Fred Astaire » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:22 pm

It's funny how this story pops up two days after the N.Y. Times revelation:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=114303182&ft=1&f=1001
Fred Astaire

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:31 pm

Here we go. Abdullah to drop out, Times says US pressure to "bow out gracefully" rather than denounce Karzai for fraud.

(fair use archive non-commercial for educational & discussion purposes)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/01/world ... nted=print

The New York Times

November 1, 2009
Rival to Karzai Said to Be Ending Afghan Campaign
By DEXTER FILKINS and ALISSA J. RUBIN

KABUL, Afghanistan — Abdullah Abdullah, the chief rival to President Hamid Karzai, plans to announce on Sunday his decision to withdraw from the Nov. 7 Afghan runoff election, handing a new five-year term to Mr. Karzai but potentially damaging the government’s credibility, according to Western diplomats here and people close to Mr. Abdullah.

But Mr. Abdullah seemed to be keeping his options open until the last second, as he has done through the Afghan political crisis. Those close to him, speaking on condition of anonymity on Saturday, said Mr. Abdullah was still trying to decide whether to publicly denounce Mr. Karzai, whom he has accused of stealing the Aug. 20 election, or to step down without a fight.

American and other Western diplomats said they were worried that a defiant statement by Mr. Abdullah could lead to violence and undermine Mr. Karzai’s legitimacy, and they were urging him to bow out gracefully. Obama administration officials have scrambled for weeks to end the deadlock, trying to ensure a smooth government transition as President Obama weighs whether to increase the American military presence in Afghanistan.

People close to Mr. Abdullah said that his representative met with Mr. Karzai on Saturday but that they were unable to make any progress on the issue that has brought the two campaigns to loggerheads: Mr. Abdullah’s demands that the Afghan election system be overhauled to head off more fraud in the second round. After the first round of voting, a United Nations-backed panel threw out nearly a million of Mr. Karzai’s ballots — one-third of his total — on the grounds that they were fake.

“Abdullah is not going to participate in the election, full stop,” said an Afghan close to Mr. Abdullah. “He is still trying to figure out what he wants to say.”

His campaign announced that Mr. Abdullah would make a formal statement on Sunday morning — seemingly leaving extra hours for negotiation.

If Mr. Abdullah pulls out, there would still be the question of the runoff vote itself. Afghan officials said it seemed likely that it would simply be canceled; the possibility of Taliban violence alone would appear to render pointless another Afghan election where the winner is known in advance.

Salih Muhammed Registani, one of Mr. Abdullah’s campaign managers, said he thought that Mr. Abdullah would “boycott” the election and, if he did, force its cancellation. “If they hold the election with just one candidate it would be like the former Soviet Union,” he said.

The election deadlock, now in its ninth week, has highlighted the Afghan state’s fragility, as well as showing deep and growing divisions among Afghans. And it has, like so many other recent events here, posed a worsening problem for American and other Western leaders, who have found themselves stuck with a leader who has lost the support of large numbers of Afghans and whose government is widely regarded as corrupt. An Obama administration official said Saturday that the White House had not spoken to Mr. Abdullah and that it had no immediate plans to do so.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, traveling in Abu Dhabi, gave the administration’s only comment. “We see that happen in our own country where, for whatever combination of reasons, one of the candidates decides not to go forward,” she said. “I don’t think it has anything to do with the legitimacy of the election. It’s a personal choice which may or may not be made.”

The concern among diplomats here on Saturday was that Mr. Abdullah would denounce Mr. Karzai even as he bowed out of the race, possibly causing greater anger, and even violence, among his followers. American and Western diplomats were leaning on Mr. Abdullah to pull out with little rancor and to urge his supporters to accept the fact that Mr. Karzai would be president.

Mr. Karzai’s supporters are hoping he will, too. Over the past month, as the evidence of vote stealing piled up, Mr. Karzai’s ministers carried on with extraordinary self-confidence, portraying the fraud, and the runoff itself, as a nuisance that, once overcome, would allow them to get on with their jobs.

“Either he will do it gracefully or not,” Hanif Atmar, the interior minister said, referring to Mr. Abdullah. Mr. Atmar is a supporter of Mr. Karzai, and Mr. Abdullah has accused him of helping to orchestrate much of the fraud.

Against this backdrop of bargaining and diplomatic activity, Mr. Karzai stayed silent publicly. Only last week, Mr. Karzai succumbed to pressure from American and other Western officials, agreeing to accept the verdict of a United Nations-backed commission that put his vote total at under 50 percent.

But Mr. Abdullah concluded that without major changes to the election system, a second round would be as fraudulent as the first. His demands included the firing of the chief of the Independent Electoral Commission, which collected and counted the ballots, and the closing of hundreds of suspected “ghost” polling centers — fictional voting sites that were instrumental in allowing Mr. Karzai’s supporters to manufacture fake ballots.

Mr. Karzai refused. And Mr. Abdullah, it seems, is not relenting. “All the infrastructure that caused the elections to be flawed and wrecked are still there,” said Ahmed Wali Massoud, an Abdullah adviser. “I don’t know how anyone can go to an election with these conditions.”

Those close to Mr. Karzai said the explanation was simpler. Muhammad Ismail Yoon, a university professor close to Mr. Karzai, said that Mr. Abdullah knew that if he went through with a second round, the Afghans would desert him. “No one invests in a loser in Afghanistan,” he said.

Carlotta Gall contributed reporting from Kabul, and Jeff Zeleny from Washington.

Copyright 2009 The New York Times Company
JackRiddler

Postby Nordic » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:34 pm

What a fucking joke. So much for Democracy in Afghanistan.

Bye Bye!

CIA does what the CIA does. Nobody says a word.

How many millions of our dollars were wasted on this "election?"

Oh yeah, and 5.5 million dollars an hour, AN HOUR, for our military to be there.

Great.
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:09 am

Brother of Afghan President Is on CIA Payroll

The Onion News version of this would be :

Shock News! CIA Agent's brother is CIA Agent

AhabsOtherLeg

Previous

Return to General Discussion