New forum support

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

New forum support

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Any questions or problems, please notify me here. If they are serious, send me a PM.

Cheers,
A
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: New forum support

Postby Maddy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:56 pm

Okay, so the new forums keep logging me out, even when I have "keep me logged in indefinitely" (or whichever version of that is the one here) checked.

Also had problems getting my sig worked. It wanted to show the HTML codes rather than the picture and/or the words bold/italic/colour/size/etc..

Just glitches!
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:00 pm

When you edit your sig, look at the check boxes underneath the posting area, and you'll see that you have BB code disabled, so check that off and you're good to go.

Getting logged out has happened to Sunny, and its associated with the browser that you're using. Go into your browser's cookies, delete em all, and relog in. See if that helps.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby barracuda » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Just a minor thing, the posting guidelines post, which appears to be from the ezboards days, is in a state of somewhat tragic unformattedness.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby Maddy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Yay! Sig works! Thanks Et! But I did what you said and the forum still continues to log me out. I mean, its not like its a huge deal, but just thought maybe you should know.
Be kind - it costs nothing. ~ Maddy ~
Maddy

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:49 pm

barracuda wrote:Just a minor thing, the posting guidelines post, which appears to be from the ezboards days, is in a state of somewhat tragic unformattedness.

Fixed.

That is indeed from the old EZ-Board days(holy shit that's old).

I deleted Hugh's post because it is no longer relevant, referring to google ads that do not exist in this or the v2 board.
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby monster » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 pm

I know there are a billion video sites out there, and I don't need to embed from all of them, but is there a way to embed Google Videos? Maybe a mod or something? There's a ton of good stuff on Google video.
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:30 pm

I can find out. As of now we have youtube and vimeo. We technically can embed Flash videos, but its a security risk and is strongly discouraged.

If there's a player code for google, i can probably embed the script in the forum the same way I did youtube, vimeo, and mp3's.

I'll ask on the phpBB support forum.

edit: already found a way to do it, sit tight.
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby monster » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:45 pm

et in Arcadia ego wrote:edit: already found a way to do it, sit tight.

Awesome, thx! :thumbsup001:
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:49 pm

test.

fucker..This one's being a pain in the ass.
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Ching ching!

Same as the youtube tags, all you grab is the video ID number, so if you have this url:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 728&hl=en#

You wanna dump everything before the '=-', and after the second '='.

:mrgreen:
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:04 pm

I'm also adding some formatting extensions for anyone anal enough to want to use em. Stuff like changing background color, font, left, right, and center justification, etc.

Working on all that now.
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:08 pm

copying this over from GD now that I see this thread.

Question - at the old board, when I clicked on embedded links they automatically loaded as new tabs in my browser, and that was wonderful as far as I am concerned, so I could keep the RI thread open and still click over to the link without having to later navigate back using the browser's arrow keys. It appears now the default setting is to open links in the current window. It's not an overwhelming hassle to right-click on links to open in a new tab, but is there a way to change the default so links open in a new tab or window instead of the existing one, and would anyone beside me appreciate it?
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Justified:

He gave up and yielded to curiosity, or nervousness. He lifted the pressure lamp from the desk and carried it over to the table in the corner. Then he returned to the stove and picked up the coal tongs. The beast had been thawing for nearly 18 hours now. He poked at it with an unconscious caution; the flesh was no longer hard as armor plate, but had assumed a rubbery texture. It looked like wet, blue rubber glistening under droplets of water like little round jewels in the glare of the gasoline pressure lantern. Connant felt an unreasoning desire to pour the contents of the lamp’s reservoir over the thing in its box and drop the cigarette into it. The three red eyes glared up at him sightlessly, the ruby eyeballs reflecting murky, smoky rays of light.

Change your background color. You can use the color code numerals, or just write out the color, ie; red, white, black, etc.

make your text blick and trigger seizures in your fellow member's brains.

Set text in the center.

Set text to the left.

Set text to the right.

Say something nasty and take it back with a strikethrough instead of deleting..

set a horizontal rule

Supercript x3 and subscript H20

Change your fonts

Font list:

* Palatino
* Garamond
* Bookman
* Avant Garde
* Verdana
* Georgia
* Comic Sans MS
* Trebuchet MS
* Arial Black
* Impact

Nobody's gonna use this shit, but its there now if you ever do.

:party:
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby monster » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:31 pm

mentalgongfu2 wrote:is there a way to change the default so links open in a new tab

Are you on Firefox? Middle-click.
monster

Next

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]