Del. pediatrician busted; video found (MAY BE TRIGGERING)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Del. pediatrician busted; video found (MAY BE TRIGGERING)

Postby nathan28 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:52 pm

471 counts, 103 victims, over a dozen hours of video, over the course of the past decade and beyond. Hard drives seized as well. Joe Biden's son is on the case so there's no way it isn't rock solid.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61M5M920100223

Delaware pediatrician accused of abusing patients
PHILADELPHIA
Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:51pm EST

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - A Delaware pediatrician faces 471 counts of child rape and sexual exploitation after being accused of abusing his young patients for more than a decade, according to a grand jury indictment.

U.S. | Health

Dr. Earl Bradley of the coastal town of Lewes, Delaware, was charged with assaulting 103 children, some on multiple occasions, between 1998 and 2009 and recording the acts on video, said the indictment unsealed on Monday.

The victims, all but one of whom are female, were forced to perform a variety of sexual acts including intercourse, the 160-page indictment said.

The victims were patients of the pediatrician, and they were all younger than 16 years of age, it said.

Bradley was arrested on December 16, 2009 after a year-long investigation that resulted in seizure of some 13 hours of video evidence, as well as computers, hard drives and more than 7,000 patient files from his home and medical office.

If convicted, the doctor faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.

"I am determined to see that this defendant will never, ever be in a position to hurt another child," said state Attorney General Beau Biden, son of U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, in a statement.

Biden said a team of experts on sexual abuse has been assembled to help victims, parents and community members and to assist with the investigation.
Last edited by nathan28 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Delaware pediatrician busted; filmed assaults on patients

Postby nathan28 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:30 am

Video by ABC local affiliate(?) at link: http://abcnews.go.com/WN/delaware-pediatrician-earl-bradley-indicted-103-counts-sexual/story?id=9921990

Special victim services have been established. M.D. is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Currently on suicide watch. One allegation is abuse of a three-month-old child.

From the video: "This woman knows a mother who stopped bringing her children here to see Bradley. Still, she says, 'I'd be worried...'"

From the AFP:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jjbwojnZ6kSJAviFxEubjhZ7E7NA

He described the case as "unique" in the state's history, local newspaper The News Journal reported. "I know of no other that has this many victims" in US history, he added.

The case has traumatized the local community and Biden's office has already moved to strip the outside signage from Bradley's practice.

"The community should not be faced with the visual reminder of their pain as they go about their daily lives," Biden said in a statement.

"We hope that removing these outward displays promoting Dr Bradley's practice... is a small step in helping the Lewes community begin the healing process."

Biden's office has faced questions over why reports about Bradley in 2005 were not passed along to the state's professional regulation official or the Board of Medical Practice.

video + ten years of rampant child abuse + hard drives = _________________ ?

Images in a moment.
Last edited by nathan28 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Re: Del. pediatrician busted; video found (MAY BE TRIGGERING)

Postby nathan28 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:35 am

From ABC video. Fair use invoked and all that.

Bradley:

delawaresuspect.jpg

Office in question:

officeexterior.jpg

Interior shot with needless spookery:

officeinterior.jpg

So, there's your Disney 4 Kidz KWH/Springmeierian trigger. Sorry for the irony, but I'm not enjoying it either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby DeltaDawn » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:48 am

Just simply Sickening....Sometimes folks just make me ILLL.....think I'll head for the saloon!!!...sigh....:(
For we have not been given the spirit of fear; but of love, peace and a sound mind
DeltaDawn

Postby nathan28 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:00 am

From NPR (http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/02/delaware_doctor_earl_bradley_s.html)

According to the News Journal, "all of the attacks outlined in the indictment were discovered from video recordings that Bradley made, Biden said in a news conference in Dover." The newspaper adds that:

"The vast majority of the crimes occurred since 2007, the indictment said. One victim, Jane Doe No. 39, was raped 15 times over 13 months, prosecutors allege. The case against Bradley could be the worst child sexual abuse by a pediatrician in American history, some abuse experts have said. ..."

"Police and prosecutors have accused Bradley of almost unspeakable depravity -- holding toddlers upside down and yelling at them while committing sex acts."

Bradley is 56. His attorney told the News Journal that the defense will focus on the doctor's mental state.

Haven't been able to find the indictment yet.

Also from NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123984857):

While prosecutors allege regular and repeated abuse by Bradley, the indictment contains a gap of more than a year, from October 2004 to June 2006, in which no alleged crimes are listed.

From a Del. paper, The News Journal (http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100223/NEWS01/100223004/Grand-jury-indicts-Dr.-Earl-Bradley-in-sexual-abuse-of-103-child-patients):

...In one Dec. 13 recording made three days before his arrest, a 2- to 3-year-old girl was seen screaming and trying to run away from Bradley, police wrote.

The attacks allegedly occurred at Bradley’s Disney-themed BayBees Pediatrics in a Pinocchio-themed examination room, a basement where he kept toys and other treats and an outbuilding Bradley was converting into a movie theater...

Bradley’s arrest in December came after two previous attempts to build cases against him collapsed – once in 2005, when prosecutors did not file offensive-touching charges against him for excessive kissing of a 3-year-old girl, authorities have said, and again in 2008 after three parents told state police about inappropriate vaginal exams, but a Superior Court judge would not authorize a search warrant for his office...

Biden said investigators continued to build their case against Bradley through 2009 after the judge, who has not been identified, would not sign the warrant...

The Medical Society of Delaware, a trade association for physicians, last week acknowledged receiving a “communication” from Bradley’s sister Lynda Barnes, his former office manager, about unspecified concerns about Bradley.

A police affidavit made public in January said Barnes, who was not identified by name in the affidavit, told detectives that parents had complained about improper touching and that Bradley had financial problems and took antidepressant samples from the office.

Barnes told The News Journal on Friday she filed a complaint with the medical society but said then-president Dr. James P. Marvel Jr. told her that he “talked to my brother and decided it was a family issue.”

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby Peregrine » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:14 am

Um, I'm wondering where the parents are in all of this. Because sure as hell no doctor would be seeing my little one without me present.
~don't let your mouth write a cheque your ass can't cash~
Peregrine

Re:

Postby Nordic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:15 am

Peregrine wrote:Um, I'm wondering where the parents are in all of this. Because sure as hell no doctor would be seeing my little one without me present.

Well that's what I'm thinking, too. I've never let a Dr. see my kid alone. I, or his Mom, is always right there in the room.

WTF?
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Re:

Postby nathan28 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:31 am

Nordic wrote:
Peregrine wrote:Um, I'm wondering where the parents are in all of this. Because sure as hell no doctor would be seeing my little one without me present.

Well that's what I'm thinking, too. I've never let a Dr. see my kid alone. I, or his Mom, is always right there in the room.

WTF?

It appears to be a simple matter of gradually earning and then abusing trust. Though now that I think about it, it does seem odd, because it's not like these kids are getting on the bus on their own for MD appointments. "Oh, I'll just sit here in the waiting room with some kids with MRSA screaming to go to any other doctor's office and read copies of Highlights from 1983 while you take Susie into the basement movie theater wearing Mickey Mouse masks."

http://www.semissourian.com/blogs/gwaltney/entry/33346/

The actions of Dr. Bradley and the details of the investigation can be viewed at http://www.delawareonline.com, it is disgusting to know that this man has abused his power and taken advantage and terrorized so many children. The article notes, "By bonding with the children, the burly, bearded doctor earned their parents' trust and permission to take them alone to get toys, candy and ice cream." Does this sound familiar? It should. Refer to my blog of 2/17/10. This is exactly what the convicted sex offenders said they did to get to victims.

http://www.semissourian.com/blogs/gwaltney/entry/33091/

Child molesters - in their own words
Posted Wednesday, February 10, 2010, at 2:48 PM

I don't generally watch Oprah, as I have stated in earlier blogs, but... The interviews are a three part series with 4 convicted offenders. The interviews take place with the abusers' therapist present and the content is somewhat graphic. The 4 abusers range in age from about 30 something to 70 something... Each of the abusers noted how easy it was to lure in their victims. Their formula for how to do this is, what we call "grooming" is:

1. find kids who are lonely
2. get the kids trust
3. befriend their parents
4. start slowly (touching, fondling, engage in dirty talk, show them sexual photos, etc)
5. buy them gifts, treat them in special ways, give them attention
6. do what you want with them

By the time the abuse has moved from touching to oral acts, intercourse, etc. the child is so desensitized that they don't even realize how this has happened.

The abusers warn parents to:

1. watch for adults who like to hang around kids [You mean like schoolteachers and babysitters? Thanks, Oprah, for the helpful hint]
2. believe your child when they tell you they have been molested *** (in their words, "Kids don't lie about being abused, but abusers lie when confronted about the abuse"[)].

On edit, does anyone know where to get a copy of the indictment that isn't either the courthouse or where it isn't behind a paywall?

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby Peregrine » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:58 pm

nathan28 wrote:
The article notes, "By bonding with the children, the burly, bearded doctor earned their parents' trust and permission to take them alone to get toys, candy and ice cream." Does this sound familiar? It should. Refer to my blog of 2/17/10. This is exactly what the convicted sex offenders said they did to get to victims.

Nope. I would find it odd that my kid's doc is wanting to take them on their own. I couldn't, I'm too damn paranoid of something happening. Plus, children do tend to act out when someone is doing something to them.

1. watch for adults who like to hang around kids [You mean like schoolteachers and babysitters? Thanks, Oprah, for the helpful hint]
2. believe your child when they tell you they have been molested *** (in their words, "Kids don't lie about being abused, but abusers lie when confronted about the abuse"[)].

I guess it's just my overprotective nature & it is unfortunate to have to be this way, but I tend to be leery of anyone who does take a shine to my kid right away. My defenses are automatically up. There are very few people I would trust with her.
Peregrine

Postby nathan28 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:33 pm

This story's dropping like a sack of bricks. Appartently it made NPR's flagship radio show today but it's down from 100+ sources listed sources on G--gle two days ago to a handful right now. Granted the investigation is old but the actual indictment, I would have thought that was important. Down the memory hole.

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby Nordic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Peregrine wrote:
nathan28 wrote:
The article notes, "By bonding with the children, the burly, bearded doctor earned their parents' trust and permission to take them alone to get toys, candy and ice cream." Does this sound familiar? It should. Refer to my blog of 2/17/10. This is exactly what the convicted sex offenders said they did to get to victims.

Nope. I would find it odd that my kid's doc is wanting to take them on their own. I couldn't, I'm too damn paranoid of something happening. Plus, children do tend to act out when someone is doing something to them.

I guess it's just my overprotective nature & it is unfortunate to have to be this way, but I tend to be leery of anyone who does take a shine to my kid right away. My defenses are automatically up. There are very few people I would trust with her.

Yeah, absolutely. "RED FLAG RED FLAG". The big bearded doctor wants to take my kid out for ice cream? FUCK THAT.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:25 pm

No joke. I thought all parents would know this. There was a 20-something guy hired at my work years ago. He kept asking me if he could come play video games with my then 12-yr-old. I told him he was too old to be playing with other people's children when he had one of his own. Of course, my kid woulda knocked the shit outta anyone who tried that crap with him. I didn't raise a compliant dummy.
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

Postby DeltaDawn » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:01 pm

True that PD, But if parents ( a lil slow) and someone trusted such as, DR, tries to 'help you'.....then yeah, bad things can happen. As has been pointed out, peds gain trust of 'stupid' parents, so that they can do what they want!! No matter how you look at it, and agree with most here, would NEVer have left child alone w/ANYbody, but if ur for example" poor, needing help, needing support w/nowhere to go...might u go for a DR.. (good God he's a trusted member of society?.....yeah maybe??? Now I'm poor and in need but like I said, would NEVer have trusted ANYone...but you know some desperate folks might????? LOL, don't know who's expression this is, someone here, and love it: But just sayin!!!
For we have not been given the spirit of fear; but of love, peace and a sound mind
DeltaDawn

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:31 am

It's an understandable mindset, and a reason I will never join the Big Brother program and always think twice about smiling or responding to a little kid in a shopping cart who says hello as I pass by. I'm not going to pass judgment on concerned parents protecting their kids, but there are some interesting implications of a society that automatically projects suspicion on anyone who is friendly to children.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Peregrine » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:19 pm

mentalgongfu2 wrote:I'm not going to pass judgment on concerned parents protecting their kids, but there are some interesting implications of a society that automatically projects suspicion on anyone who is friendly to children.

That is the unfortunate thing, there are so many folks who genuinely love kids, myself included, that take an interest for the right reasons. But there are so many out there that have what seem to be these qualities but are the proverbial wolves in sheep's skins.

I would rather be be safe than sorry. I certainly don't want my kid going through the garbage I had to due to childhood trauma like that. The best I can do is educate her about predators & take those unfortunate but necessary precautions.
Peregrine

Next

Return to General Discussion