3/27 Thom CIA Hartmann prepping for MLK killed-4/4 day

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: 3/27 Thom CIA Hartmann prepping for MLK killed-4/4 day

Postby Simulist » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:32 pm

whipstitch wrote:
Simulist wrote:If Thom Hartmann is "Thom CIA Hartmann" then surely there must be some evidence of this beyond mere interpolation or outright speculation.

What is that evidence exactly?

Not defending Hartmann necessarily (like all mainstream media voices his culpable ignorance and ability to ignore the obvious irks me), but if he's going to be called "Thom CIA Hartmann" there needs to me more evidence than just that. Doesn't there?

Is the fact that he spent '17 years researching the JFK assassination' and came to the conclusion that the CIA was not involved AT ALL not enough for you? If he's not paid by them, then he's volunteering, I'd say.

Not really. Actually, a lot of people have concluded that. You don't have to work for the CIA (or even volunteer) to come to that conclusion — just possess an unhealthy enthusiasm for being considered "mainstream."

If I remember correctly, CNN's Anderson Cooper actually interned with the CIA during college, so the possibility that he might still actually be on their payroll doesn't seem unlikely at all.

Certainly Thom Hartmann has carried enough water for the establishment with his unique group of listeners for "Thom CIA Hartmann" to be possible, but I'm looking for something a little more substantial than just interpolations or my suspicions.

And that's why I asked.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MinM » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:03 pm

Simulist wrote:Certainly Thom Hartmann has carried enough water for the establishment with his unique group of listeners for "Thom CIA Hartmann" to be possible, but I'm looking for something a little more substantial than just interpolations or my suspicions.

And that's why I asked.

Right. Like the wiki entry I posted...
Thom Hartmann
Hartmann founded International Wholesale Travel and its retail subsidiary Sprayberry Travel in Atlanta in 1983, a business which in the intervening years has generated over a quarter of a billion dollars in revenue. He sold his share in the business in 1986 and retired with his family to Germany to work with the international relief organization Salem International[7]. In the late 1970s, he had been a trainer in advertising and marketing for The American Marketing Centers (now defunct), and in 1987 after returning from Germany founded the Atlanta advertising agency Chandler, MacDonald, Stout, Schneiderman & Poe, Inc., which did business as The Newsletter Factory[8]. In that capacity he did consulting work and training for over 400 of the Fortune 500 companies as well as the NSA, CIA, and other government agencies;[citation needed] he sold his interest in that company in 1996 and retired to Vermont. In the early 1970s, he co-founded The Woodley Herber Company, which sold herbal products, potpourris and teas, and closed operations in 1978 when he moved to New Hampshire to begin The New England Salem Children's Village[9], which still operates in Rumney, New Hampshire. He was Executive Director of NESCT for five years, and on its board for over 25 years. NESCT's child-care model was based on that of the German Salem International organization, and through his affiliation with that group he helped start international relief programs in Uganda, Colombia, Russia, Israel, India, Australia, and several other countries between 1979 and today...

Trained in the 1970s in Neuro-Linguistic Programming by Richard Bandler (Hartmann is licensed by Bandler's Society of NLP as both an NLP Practitioner and an NLP Trainer, and Bandler wrote the foreword to his book "Healing ADD"), Hartmann popularized some of its concepts in Cracking the Code (2007), which argues that Newt Gingrich and Frank Luntz made use of them in the 1980s and 1990s for Republican Party causes and advocates using them to advance liberalism. His book "Healing ADD" also leans heavily on NLP techniques. His book on the JFK Assassination (written with Lamar Waldron) titled "Ultimate Sacrifice" is cited extensively in the last two chapters of Gore Vidal's recent autobiography as having "finally solved" that case...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Hartmann

viewtopic.php?p=258839#p258839

viewtopic.php?p=239564#p239564
MinM

Postby Simulist » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:13 pm

MinM, thank you for posting that again. Embarrassingly, I totally missed it the first time. (Big bold red letters, a picture of the guy, and large print — and still missed it... Now that's either mind control, or a stunning lack of brain control on my part. LOL)

And yes, the case you present is compelling. I sincerely appreciate it.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby MinM » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Although, to be fair to you Simulist, that part of the wiki entry has since been scrubbed. But I will say that it seems consistent with the rest of his résumé.

Also Lisa Pease recalled that Thom Hartmann made no secret about working for the CIA...
Lisa Pease expresses her concerns, about Lamar Waldron, at the 10 minute-mark here:

http://www.blackopradio.com/black248b.ram

Which seem to be validated, here:

LETTER FROM MARTIN WALDRON, NEW YORK TIMES TO LT. MARVIN LEONARD 21 NOV 1966

And about Thom Hartmann, here:

Keith Olbermann! Gerald Posner has no clothes!!

Real History Lisa said...

I really don't think Keith is an asset, but I share your suspicion re Chomsky. Btw - did you know Thom Hartmann used to work for the CIA? He's said that himself.

There ARE good people, liberals even, who have worked for the CIA. But the ones who truly share my values would never be hired by the CIA.
7:54 AM

rigorousintuition.ca - View topic - 1/2/08 10:40PST Thom Hartmann lying JKF-MLK

Real History Blog: Keith Olbermann! Gerald Posner has no clothes!!

rigorousintuition.ca - View topic - Gerald Posner is suspended
MinM

Postby Simulist » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:58 pm

Good to know. I guess in a world where Julia Child can be a CIA asset, pretty much anything is possible.

I often recoil when I hear someone is being accused of being a CIA agent — first, because I think that the charge itself weakens many arguments; and second, because I think the CIA is one of the most evil, ruthless organizations in all of human history. If I'm going to accuse a man of complicity with that, then I want to know what I'm talking about.

Thank you for taking time to educate me.
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:29 am

Thom CIA Hartmann has been pretending the presentation of piles of damning evidence against CIA/FBI/DIA that was exposed in the MLKing family's civil trial of 12/1999 just never even happened.

From James DiEugenio's scathing expose of Hartmann's disinfo books-
http://www.ctka.net/reviews/legacy_secrecy.html
Further, if you can believe it-which you probably can by now-they ignore all the new material generated on the MLK case in the nineties. That is during the attempt by Judge Joe Brown to get the case retried at the time. But yet this is the newest material generated on that case. But it doesn't fit their agenda. So they ignore it.

Same thing with the enormous substantiation of CIA involvement in RFK's murder from the community of honest researchers.
CIA-Hartmann says that Sirhan dunnit.
They also strongly imply that Sirhan shot RFK (p. 686). Yep, hypnotized himself into doing it at the request of the Mafia. (p. 666)

This is the most rigorous investigative group online regarding CIA/FBI assassinations-
http://www.ctka.net/

The lead researchers there, including James DiEugenio, ripped apart the lying disinformation of the Hartmann/Waldron two books quite thoroughly-

Legacy of Secrecy
Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann's follow-up follow-up to Ultimate Sacrifice.

http://www.ctka.net/reviews/ultimate.html
Ultimate Sacrifice
This book by Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann purports to offer the solution to the riddles of the JFK case. Does it live up to its hype?

Legacy of Secrecy
This is the follow-up book to Ultimate Sacrifice, and is also by Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann. Reviewed by James DiEugenio.

Nordic, this topic is too important for your petty ad hominem jabs.
I've scores of JFK books, read Hartmann's disinfo books, heard his disinfo anniverary radio shows, and watched him in person lying his ass off complete with help from a shill in the audience at a Project Censored media accountability conference at Sonoma State University here in the North SF Bay area a few years ago.

You should read his mystical W.O.O. book left off of his wiki CV.
In 1997 he attempted to infiltrate the New Age Left with disinfo mysticism just before Kyoto when global warming was becoming a real topic that might activate the anti-authoritarians among us.

He also mentioned a very brief...military career...in this book. Plus University of Michigan attendance during the anti-Vietnam atmosphere of the late 1960s. UMich was a major CIA think tank supporting the Vietnam war at the time.

Golly, Thom, where's your disinfo W.O.O. book from 1997 called 'The Prophet's Way' when spooks were pouring mystical optimism on the Left to dampen their outrage over having the planet broken by elites?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Hartmann
Bibliography

2009: Threshold: The Crisis of Western Culture. Viking. ISBN 0670020915.
2008: Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination (by Lamar Waldron with Thom Hartmann). Counterpoint. ISBN 1582435359.
2007: Cracking The Code: How to Win Hearts, Change Minds, and Restore America's Original Vision. Berrett-Koehler. ISBN 9781576754580.
2006: Screwed: The Undeclared War Against The Middle Class and What We Can Do About It. Berrett-Koehler. ISBN 1-57675-414-6.
2006: Walking Your Blues Away: Practical Bilateral Therapies for Healing the Mind and Optimizing Emotional Well-Being. Park Street Press. ISBN 1-59477-144-8.
2005: Ultimate Sacrifice: John and Robert Kennedy, the Plan for a Coup in Cuba, and the Murder of JFK. Carroll & Graf. ISBN 0-7867-1441-7. by Lamar Waldron, with Thom Hartmann
2004: What Would Jefferson Do?. Harmony Books. ISBN 1-8821-0938-4.
2004: We the People: A Call to Take Back America. Coreway Media, Inc.. ISBN 1-4000-5208-4.
2004 (revised ed.): Unequal Protection. Rodale Books. ISBN 1-57954-955-1.
2004 (revised ed. – first ed. 1998): The Prophet's Way. Park Street Press. ISBN 0-89281-198-6.
2004 (revised ed. – first ed. 1997): Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight. Three Rivers Press. ISBN 1-4000-5157-6.
2003: The Edison Gene. Park Street Press. ISBN 0-89281-128-5.
2000: Thom Hartmann's Complete Guide to ADD. Underwood Books. ISBN 1-887424-52-0.
2000: The Greatest Spiritual Secret of the Century. Hampton Roads. ISBN 1-57174-166-6.
1996: Beyond ADD. Underwood Books. ISBN 1-887424-12-1.
1996: Think Fast!. Underwood Books. ISBN 1-887424-08-3. by Thom Hartmann and Jane Bowman, with Susan Burgess
1995: ADD Success Stories. Underwood Books. ISBN 1-887424-03-2.
1994: Focus Your Energy: Hunting for Success in Business. Pocket Books. ISBN 0-671-51689-2.
1994: ADHD Secrets of Success: Coaching Yourself to Fulfillment in the Business World. Select Books. ISBN 1-59079-017-0.
1992 (first edition): ADD: A Different Perception. Underwood Books. ISBN 1-887424-14-8.

And Thom CIA Hartmann's use of W.O.O. once again underscores my assertion that W.O.O. is a major spook tool.
It's an emotional lubricant viral-marketed to divert you down slippery slopes away from history and science and instead into mysticism and superstition.
Last edited by Hugh Manatee Wins on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby nathan28 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:55 am

Geez, I don't need Hartmann to be in the CIA to realize he's bad news. I mean, just look at his wiki. Goldwater campaign? Diploma mill Ph.D.? Specious "originalist" legal arguments? Erosion of the middle class arguments? This guy seems inchoate, and that's assuming half of what the wiki says is nonsense. N.B., his ADD books appeared well before that was anywhere near the popular diagnosis it is today.

Anyway, if this guy is an agent, the job can't be that freaking hard. Cass Sunstein: call me. I'll be a cognitive infiltrator, as long as I can work from home.

Also, on edit, the fact that CNN cited his wikipedia entry suggests to me *that* job isn't hard, either. Ted Turner: call me. I'll fact check as long as I can work from home.
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Ah.

USG Killed MLK Day falls on a Sunday this year thereby preventing Thom CIA Hartmann from doing
his usual day-of-anniversary disinfo radio show.

So he had to do it earlier to poison his target audience with lies.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: Marrell McCullough and James Earl Ray's CIA Attorney

Postby MinM » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:27 pm

More evidence of CIA complicity
By Jim Douglass

Coretta Scott King testified that her husband had to return to Memphis in early April 1968 because of a violent demonstration there for which he had been blamed. Moments after King upon arriving in Memphis joined the sanitation workers’ march there on March 28, 1968, the scene turned violent – subverted by government provocateurs, Lawson said. Thus King had to return to Memphis on April 3 and prepare for a truly nonviolent march, Mrs. King said, to prove SCLC could still carry out a nonviolent campaign in Washington...

http://www.ctka.net/pr500-king.html

viewtopic.php?p=257107#p257107

Government provocateurs??? :shrug:

http://www.ctka.net/2008/eyewitness.html
Marrell McCollough was the undercover cop who had infiltrated the radical black youth group the Invaders, prior to King's arrival in Memphis. And it was the Invaders who had provoked a show of violence during King's first visit to Memphis in March. They did this by disrupting a demonstration by the Sanitation Workers, who were on strike at the time. This incident actually resulted in the shooting death of a young man named Larry Payne. In turn, this caused King to make his return visit in April.

McCollough's assignment was the result of a secret program inside the Memphis Police Department. But it had been ordered by Hoover, and assisted by the CIA. (Probe Vol. 7 No. 6 p. 4) Before joining the Memphis Police Department, McCullough had been in the army as an MP. His first assignment with the police was this one. As an agent provocateur with the Invaders, his reports were forwarded to the FBI. Besides helping provoke the King riot, he also helped set up a drug bust in which many of the Invaders top leadership were entrapped.

A local reporter in Memphis once wrote that McCullough was working for the FBI before the Memphis police recruited him. (Ibid. p. 5) This strongly indicates that he was part of the COINTELPRO operation against both Black Nationalist groups, and perhaps, King. He stayed within the police department until he later joined the CIA in 1974. Three years later, he testified before the House Select Committee on Assassinations. When asked his occupation, he said he was a Memphis policeman. Which, at the time, he was not. Further, he denied any connection to any intelligence agencies in 1968. In other words, he lied. As Doug Valentine notes, he appears to have done this because the HSCA had evidence that it was McCullough who provoked the riot that caused the death of Larry Payne. And made necessary King's return, which resulted in his assassination. (Ibid.) All O'Brien has to say about the compelling and perhaps crucial figure of McCullough is this: he was a policeman who worked undercover against a Black Nationalist group. He ended up on the balcony of the Lorraine Motel after King was shot. Six years later he joined the CIA. That's about it. I'm not kidding...

Lisa Pease reveals in the interview below that Jim Lesar, while in the course of his JFK research, came across a document that showed James Earl Ray was appointed a CIAttorney when arrested in London:

http://www.blackopradio.com/black403b.ram

or

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black403b.mp3

Douglas Valentine: An Act of State: the Execution of Martin Luther King

rigorousintuition.ca :: View topic - How the US gov't assassinated Martin Luther King Jr.

rigorousintuition.ca - View topic - How the FBI, CIA, and Memphis PD killed Martin Luther King

Democratic Underground - Eyewitness to Murder: The King Assassination - Democratic Underground

CTKA Review: 13th Juror
Which now brings us to Merrell McCullough. McCullough was one of the informants masquerading as an Invader. Secretly, he was a police informant who was also connected to the FBI. It turns out that, before the murder, Merrell was introduced to Jowers as a policeman. (p. 184) Right before the assassination, McCullough had been in Jim's Grill meeting with four other men. (p. 188) One of whom was another member of the police force named Lt. Zachery. (p. 204) One of the extraordinary disclosures made at the trial concerned Sam Donaldson, the reporter who originally broadcast Jowers revelations in 1993. As we will see later, there was a backup hit team in town from military intelligence. We also know from a famous photograph that McCullough immediately ran up to the balcony after King was hit.
In that picture, while others are pointing to where they think the shot came from, McCullough appears to be calmly checking King for vital signs while looking across the way. According to what Donaldson told Young, McCullough was on the balcony to check King's pulse and make sure he was dead and signal the military sniper team that no second shot was needed...

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black488b.mp3

Amazon.com: The 13th Juror: The Official Transcript of the Martin Luther King Assassination Conspiracy Trial

Marrell McCollough - agent provocateur
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:33 am

Nice dose of reality, MinM.
I'm appalled to see the latest 'James-Earl-Ray-dunnit' disinfo book featured prominently in my local book store,
'Hellhound on His Trail' by Hampton Sides. what swill

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =126220703

This year's pre-11/22 psyops should also be interesting.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby 82_28 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:33 am

In that picture, while others are pointing to where they think the shot came from, McCullough appears to be calmly checking King for vital signs while looking across the way. According to what Donaldson told Young, McCullough was on the balcony to check King's pulse and make sure he was dead and signal the military sniper team that no second shot was needed...

Goddamn. You don't say? Something I've never heard or thought of before. I always assumed obvious CIA hit. But never interpreted that famous photo that way. Who was the photographer btw? Why was he in place?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:53 am

Hugh Manate Wins wrote:.....
I'm appalled to see the latest 'James-Earl-Ray-dunnit' disinfo book featured prominently in my local book store,
'Hellhound on His Trail' by Hampton Sides. what swill

Clever. A disinfoteer named HAMPTON Sides. Remember...Fred Hampton?

Covering up
a black guy murdered by the FBI in April '68
with disinfo from a guy with the same name as
a black guy murdered by the FBI in December '69,
Fred Hampton.

Some think that I 'inject keyword hijacking into every damn thing' but it is a staple device of psyops culture. s.o.p.
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby streeb » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:58 am

McCullough was on the balcony to check King's pulse and make sure he was dead and signal the military sniper team that no second shot was needed...

According to William Pepper, McCullough was brought back to active duty with the 111th Military Intelligence Group a year before the assassination.
streeb

Thom CIA Hartmann won't tell you about Judge Joe Brown

Postby MinM » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Judge Joe Brown, as with Richard Sprague of the HSCA and Jim Garrison before them, was derailed when he got too close to the truth.

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black423a.mp3
82_28 wrote:

Goddamn. You don't say? Something I've never heard or thought of before. I always assumed obvious CIA hit. But never interpreted that famous photo that way. Who was the photographer btw? Why was he in place?

I wondered the same thing -- How was he there to take that?

The 'Who' part has been answered to an extent. At least we know his name.
Several of the men on that balcony pointed in the direction of the shot. Frozen in a picture taken by photographer James Louw, they were aiming their index fingers across Mulberry Street and northwest of room 306...

Findings on MLK Assassination
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby kristinerosemary » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Hugh also forgets that back in the day, the CIA and the Mafia were completely in bed together.[/quote]

Heh. Hugh forgets nothing. Sometimes he just types too fast.
kristinerosemary

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion