Lennon assassination second gunman?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Lennon assassination second gunman?

Postby whipstitch » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Came across this information from several years back and thought I'd share it...

Here's the crime scene diagram from the NYT...

(3) is where lennon was when he was shot and (2) is where the shooter Chapman was standing.
Lennon then ran into the archway, through the doorway and collapsed on the stairs (dashed line).

The Death Certificate says Lennon was hit in the back on the left side of his body...

There were gunshot holes in the doorway at the far right end of the entryway just in front of where lennon collapsed...

So, if Lennon was hit in the back left, then Chapman was on the wrong side to shoot him and also hit the doorway.

(See: Where was Mark David Chapman standing?)

The shots would seem to have come from the right side of the entryway, maybe near the guard booth in the diagram above. The guardbooth was manned that night by the mysterious doorman, Jose Perdomo, who managed to keep his name out of the papers until many years after the assassination. If this research is to be believed, Perdomo was/is an anti-Castro Cuban exile with ties to the the CIA, Bay Of Pigs invasion and Frank Sturgis...

Image Image
(Dec. 30, 2004) New information suggests the man tasked to protect John Lennon, on Dec. 8, 1980, may have in fact been his killer. Jose Perdomo is cited by multiple sources as the doorman on duty at Lennon's residence at the upscale Dakota apartment complex in Manhattan on the night the famous rock star was murdered. The following is a list of information I have collected about an individual named Jose Perdomo (also known as Jose Joaquin Sanjenis Perdomo) who sometimes uses the aliases, Joaquin Sanjenis and Sam Jenis:

1. Jose Perdomo was the doorman at the Dakota on Dec. 8, 1980, the night Lennon was killed.
2. Jose Perdomo was at the crime scene when the murder occurred.
3. Jose Perdomo asked accused assassin Mark David Chapman, immediately after the shooting, if he knew what he had just done. Chapman replied that he had just shot John Lennon.
4. Jose Perdomo told police Chapman was Lennon's assailant. One of the arresting officers, Peter Cullen, did not believe Chapman shot Lennon. Cullen believed the shooter was a handyman at the Dakota, but Perdomo convinced Cullen it was Chapman. Cullen thought Chapman "looked like a guy who worked in a bank."
5. Jose Perdomo was an anti-Castro Cuban exile. Perdomo and Chapman discussed the Bay of Pigs Invasion and JFK's assassination a few hours before Lennon was killed. This suggests Perdomo was a member of Brigade 2506 during the Bay of Pigs Invasion in 1961, a failed CIA operation to overthrow Fidel Castro.
6. Cuban Information Archives reveal a "Jose Joaquin Sanjenis Perdomo" (aliases: Joaquin Sanjenis, Sam Jenis) was a member of Brigade 2506 during the Bay of Pigs Invasion in 1961.
7. Joaquin Sanjenis worked closely with convicted Watergate burglar Frank Sturgis (deceased) for about ten years on the CIA's payroll.
8. Frank Sturgis claimed Joaquin Sanjenis died of natural causes in 1974; however, this was never confirmed by any other source. According to Sturgis, the CIA nurtured Sanjenis's anonymity and his family was not notified of his alleged death until after the funeral. Sanjenis may still be alive.

The following are explanations of the stated eight points and their origins

You can read more here
whipstitch

Blog: View Blog (0)

Who Was Jose Perdomo?

Postby MinM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Imagine the doorman on duty, one Jose Perdomo, supposedly screamed "Leave! Get out of here!" Then he asked Chapman, "Do you know what you've done?" "I just shot John Lennon," Chapman said matter-of-factly. Then we're told, Chapman threw down his gun, took off his coat, folded it at his feet, and calmly started reading a paperback, Catcher in the Rye. Perdomo kicked the gun away. One wonders why Perdomo told him to leave, after reminding him of his crime. Perhaps Perdomo was the shooter and planted the gun.

Imagine, minutes later, Perdomo identified Chapman as the killer as the cops arrived. Patrolman Peter Cullen didn't believe it. He thought Chapman looked too straight. But Perdomo insisted and Officer Steven Spiro arrested Mark. The cops could also see that Lennon was dying. Instead of waiting for an ambulance, they lifted him into a patrol car and rushed him to nearby Roosevelt Hospital. But Lennon died in the emergency room.

Imagine Jose Joaquin Sanjenis Perdomo. According to Cuban Information Archives and Salvador Austucia, author of Rethinking John Lennon's Assassination, Perdomo was also known as "Joaquin Sanjenis," and "Sam Jenis." He was mostly known as an anti-Castro Cuban exile and a member of Brigade 2506 during the Bay of Pigs Invasion in 1961, a miserably failed CIA operation, which cost Company Head Allan Dulles his job, and maybe John F. Kennedy his life, also by a mythic lone gunman, who turned out to play patsy, too. In fact, during that evening, while Chapman waited hours for Lennon's return, Perdomo had spoken at length with him about the invasion and Cuban American politics. Strange topics for strangers, one waiting for a rock star.

Imagine Officer Cullen remained troubled with Perdomo's claim that Chapman was the killer. Cullen later told reporter James R. Gains of People Magazine in a Feb. 23, 1987, piece, "The Man Who Shot Lennon" that: "He [Chapman] looked like a guy who worked in a bank, an office. Not a loser or anything, just a guy out there trying to earn a living. I remember taking a look at him and saying, 'Why? What did you do here?' He really had no answer for it. He did say several times, 'I'm sorry I gave you guys so much trouble.'"

Imagine Perdomo had reason to insist Mark was the man. Perdomo, aka Sanjenis, had worked side by side, ah yes, with convicted and now deceased Watergate burglar Frank Sturgis for about a decade on the CIA payroll. Sturgis misleadingly claimed Joaquin Sanjenis died of natural causes in 1974. He claimed it was the Company's way of keeping Sanjenis' anonymity. His family wasn't even notified of his supposed death till after the funeral. In fact, Sanjenis/Perdomo may still be alive, plumbing in some near or far outpost. There's always work for anonymous men who know how to do what needs to be done and vanish. Ole!

Imagine Perdomo was so invisible that he wasn't identified by name for more than six years after Lennon's murder. He was mistakenly referred to first as Jay Hastings, the bearded, burly desk clerk who worked in the lobby, and was on duty the night Lennon was killed. In fact, Lennon ran from the shooter, and collapsed before Hastings and Yoko. This information is mentioned in the book, The Love You Make: An Insider's Story of the Beatles, written by one of the group's management team, Peter Brown -- along with Steven Gains.

Imagine from the book, The Fish is Red: The Story of the Secret War Against Castro, by Warren Hinckle and William Turner, these descriptions of Sanjenis/Perdomo:

"Sanjenis was an opportunistic little man who managed to punch a CIA meal ticket the rest of his life. When he met [Frank] Sturgis he was filling a bucket or rotten eggs, which would become Operation 40 -- the secret police of the Cuban invasion force. The ultrasecret Operation 40 included some nonpolitical, conservative exile businessmen, but its hard core was made up of dice players at the foot of the cross -- informers, assassins-for-hire, and mob henchmen whose sworn goal was to make the counterrevolution safe for the comfortable ways of the old Cuba. They were the elite troops of the old guard within the exile movement, who made effective alliance with CIA right-wingers against CIA liberals . . .

"Sanjenis got Sturgis a CIA maildrop and gave him the right phone numbers, and Sturgis agreed to coordinate his own operations with Sanjenis and work on a contract basis on special agency assignments . . .

"Sanjenis had launched scores of ships and planes on clandestine raids against Cuba and had sent hundreds of men on missions from which there had been no return. . . . There were no official missing-in-action reports in the Secret War against Cuba. It was Joaquin Sanjenis' job to keep his troops, as himself, faceless." And so he was, and lived up to his character references.

The Entry Wounds on the Left Side of Lennon's Body

Imagine the theory we've been told: that Lennon had walked past Chapman, who was to the right and then rear of him in the dark entryway. If Chapman had called out, "Mr. Lennon," and John stopped and turned, it was possible though difficult for him to hit Lennon in the left shoulder, and then as Lennon turned to flee, to hit him in the upper left back. Yet Chapman told Judge Dennis Edwards at a sentencing hearing that he didn't say anything to Lennon, just that he fired.

Imagine a second theory: Perdomo or another operative fired from the doorway leading to the service elevator, which was at the left of the walkway and in front of Lennon. There are two series of two shots. First, two shots hit the left shoulder. As Lennon runs towards the lobby stairway, two other shots hit his upper left back. Shooting from that doorway seems a more plausible way to make those hits. Since the autopsy was not made public, we don't know if three of the five shots exited, grazed or missed Lennon to hit the glass lobby door.

Imagine crime scene witnesses varied in their accounts of whether or not Chapman called to Lennon. No convincing evidence was presented that Chapman had caused Lennon to turn. Also, this wasn't a trial since Chapman had already confessed. It was simply a sentencing hearing. There was no official testimony or any witnesses. The case was declared closed on the night of the murder, and the police report is lacking in any substantive detail. Yet what it does say is that Chapman was carrying $2,201.76 in cash when arrested and declared himself unemployed. You wonder why eyes didn't open at that, and a complete inquiry wasn't made into the death of a figure like John Lennon. Could it possibly be a cover-up? Had assassinations liked this ever happened before?

Imagine author Salvador Astucia's somewhat offbeat scenario: "As Lennon passes Chapman, a member of the FBI's assassination squad somehow transmits an audible message to Chapman . . . which places him in a semi-hypnotic trance . . ." Perhaps Jose Perdomo simply whispered in his ear something that had been programmed into Chapman's psyche earlier: "Kill Lennon." Chapman had claimed he heard a voice, although Astucia believes he is clearly not psychotic. I don't agree, and will address that point in a moment. The message, however delivered, does trigger Mark's mind to think he is about to kill Lennon. And so for me, we have a classic patsy on autopilot.

Who Was Chapman and How Did He Get to Be a Patsy?

Read more: On the 25th anniversary of John Lennon's assassination, imagine...

Copyright © 1998-2007 Online Journal
MinM

Re: Lennon assassination second gunman?

Postby MinM » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Earth-704509
MinM

Postby 82_28 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Holy crap MinM! Paul seriously didn't give a shit and/or was aware it was going to happen. I am so surprised I have never seen that before. Wow.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:59 pm

How to Detect Lies
Become a Lie Detector

Warning: sometimes ignorance is bliss; after gaining this knowledge, you may be hurt when it is obvious that someone is lying to you.
Introduction to Detecting Lies:

The following techniques to telling if someone is lying are often used by police and security experts. This knowledge is also useful for managers, employers, and for anyone to use in everyday situations where telling the truth from a lie can help prevent you from being a victim of fraud/scams and other deceptions.
Signs of Deception:
Body Language of Lies:

• Physical expression will be limited and stiff, with few arm and hand movements. Hand, arm and leg movement are toward their own body the liar takes up less space.
how to see a fake smile

• A person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact.

Hands touching their face, throat & mouth. Touching or scratching the nose or behind their ear. Not likely to touch his chest/heart with an open hand.

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies.php
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:56 am

That clip of McCartney's seemingly flippant reaction can also be found here, in the "Paul McCartney as a rigorous intuition subject" thread

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16566&hilit=Paul+McCartney&start=135

Perhaps the "real" Paul really did die, and this guy is just some stand-in put in place by The Handlers... the theories surrounding Paul and the rest of the band-members sometimes reach near-psychotic delusions, but considering their ties and associations with some of the more interesting characters of the 20th Century, perhaps there is something to some of them..

And in the case of Paul, it would certainly explain his pathetic alignment with the mainstream in the last several years, going as far as performing at halftime of a Super Bowl, a clear sign that he is now fully among the status quo, a part of the system, joining the likes of the other uber-doosh Bono
Belligerent Savant

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:57 am

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN QUITE A SOLID LOGIC BOMB THANK YOU
Wombaticus Rex

Postby vince » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:58 am

82_28 wrote:How to Detect Lies
Become a Lie Detector

Hands touching their face, throat & mouth. Touching or scratching the nose or behind their ear. Not likely to touch his chest/heart with an open hand.

I remember a "Sienfeld" episode that discussed this subject, and I know I've seen Paul do it A LOT!
-When talking about the incredible 'noise-driven' first John & Yoko albums, he says, "... and those were great.", he make a big scratch to his nose!

But, the one time I saw this 'lie-indicator' , and took it for fact, was in "The Devil And Daniel Johnston", when Gibby from The Butthole Surfers is asked if had ever given Daniel acid, and he said, "Oh, God, no.", as he does the same face-touch as Paul did!
vince

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby sunny » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:08 pm

"Drag innit?" WTfuckityfuck! :shock:
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:59 pm

According to this diagram that appeared in the NY Daily News, bullet holes in the wall indicate a gun was fired from the direction of the Sentry booth, where Perdomo was.

By the way, in Rosemary's Baby, that's the spot where Rosemary's friend landed on the white Beetle when she jumped (or was thrown) out of a Dakota window, which isn't proof of anything, but certainly is interesting.

There's also this oddity from the Magical Mystery Tour album insert, where Lennon is standing in front of a sign that's cropped to say The Best Way to Go is by M & D C.

Mark David Chapman

Again, it proves nothing, but suggests possibly that the universe works in mysterious ways.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby ninakat » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:59 pm

sunny wrote:"Drag innit?" WTfuckityfuck! :shock:

Exactly! I'd never seen that clip before. Whew!
ninakat

Postby ninakat » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:01 pm

82_28 wrote:How to Detect Lies
Become a Lie Detector

Warning: sometimes ignorance is bliss; after gaining this knowledge, you may be hurt when it is obvious that someone is lying to you.
Introduction to Detecting Lies:

The following techniques to telling if someone is lying are often used by police and security experts. This knowledge is also useful for managers, employers, and for anyone to use in everyday situations where telling the truth from a lie can help prevent you from being a victim of fraud/scams and other deceptions.
Signs of Deception:
Body Language of Lies:

• Physical expression will be limited and stiff, with few arm and hand movements. Hand, arm and leg movement are toward their own body the liar takes up less space.
how to see a fake smile

• A person who is lying to you will avoid making eye contact.

Ever watch the series "Lie to Me"? I've learned a lot about the physical clues, but honestly "Paul" was so obvious, so bad, that anyone should pick up on the lies.
ninakat

Postby norton ash » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:46 pm

I dunno. Saw Paul the night it happened, and I thought it was a "shocked and stunned" (Spinal Tap) reaction fairly typical of a well-medicated rocker-hipster type. (Who may also have been scared shitless for any mundane--- or wildly speculative-- reason you might name.)
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby vince » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:20 pm

That's why I said what I said!.... about those John & Yoko albums being 'great'.
vince

Blog: View Blog (4)

Next

Return to General Discussion