1010: No Pressure

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

1010: No Pressure

Postby tazmic » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:27 am

Whippersnapping climate campaign 10:10 teams up with legendary comic screenwriter Richard Curtis - you know, Blackadder, Four Weddings, Notting Hill, co-founded Comic Relief - and Age of Stupid director Franny Armstrong to proudly present their explosive new mini-movie "No Pressure". The film stars X-Files' Gillian Anderson, together with Spurs players past and present - including Peter Crouch, Ledley King and David Ginola - with music donated by Radiohead. Shot on 35mm by a 40-strong professional film crew led by director Dougal Wilson, "No Pressure" celebrates everybody who is actively tackling climate change... by blowing up those are aren't.

Warning - people blowing up....
"It ever was, and is, and shall be, ever-living fire, in measures being kindled and in measures going out." - Heraclitus

"There aren't enough small numbers to meet the many demands made of them." - Strong Law of Small Numbers
tazmic

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 1010: No Pressure

Postby Sounder » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:43 pm

tasmic, this thread will drop like a lead ballon, given the sheer terror folk here have toward introspection.

My first impression was that this must be some anti-warmist propaganda, excepting that it was posted by tasmic. To find out it is warmist propaganda feels odd, given that it seems so counter to their objectives.

Sick, but it does serve as good evidence that the warmists have lost the argument.

How can it be seen as ‘funny’ to blow up kids in a classroom for not getting with the program? Weird, just weird, but then again, school is all about getting kids to go along with the program. That Bernaisian stimulus response program, whohoo.

I need to find a profile on a Swedish warmist philosopher that clearly shows the fascist control freak impulse behind this govt. inspired taxing scam. In the mean time I’d like to suggest, that while Joe observes that a strong point about the RI crowd is it’s willingness to question their own assumptions, I do not agree. People here seem just as fixed in their opinions as are folk in the larger world. I was shocked when I realized how many folk here are hard warmists, or soft warmists, just to be in with the in crowd I imagine. Folk here can be quite smug when speaking of the ignorance of religionists, yet seem totally unaware of their own kool-aid consumption. Add to that wintler2’s lament that he cannot call out dissenters as paid infiltrators or some such thing. I can only laugh at attempts to pile derision on folk that dissent from dominant opinions. Social engineering does not only come from on high. It also comes from simple insecurity looking for validation combined with a dream of being one of the righteous humans. In short; white mans dis-ease. News Flash; our intellectual constructs are shabby representations of reality. But hey, it’s not like a couple of unsourced sentences on the intertubes are gonna cause to lose your faith, so carry on. I still will not call or think of you as nitwits or shills, although I do tend to think that smart people are addicted to forms because that is how smart people convince other smart people that they are smart people.

10:10 is trying to scrub this from the web, but it can still be seen at this site.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/james ... a-shocker/

While its true that my non-warmist position is visceral rather than intellectual, this fellow does a fair scientific breakdown of warmist scare mongering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOLkze-9GcI
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:55 pm

Sounder wrote:tasmic, this thread will drop like a lead ballon, given the sheer terror folk here have toward introspection.

Oh you poor thing.

Anyways, this video was HILARIOUS. Not for the reasons the creators intended, but despite themselves. Just to think of the amount of logistics behind this, from lighting to production to the mixdown and foley work, the squib preparation...and the whole time, they all thought that KILLING CHILDREN was going to be a cute, funny way to raise awareness for their meaningless cause du jour. Nobody challenged this? What a beautiful illustration of how out-of-touch white liberals are...a vacuum of self-regard, a room full of mirrors all facing each other. Wowza.

Compounding the LULZ still further is their animal panic back-pedaling attempt to remove this video from the internet and pretend it never existed...way to have the courage of your convictions, y'all! A bunch of "thumbs-down" votes on YouTube and all of sudden...

I watched the video front to back hoping they'd explain the logistics of how they're blowing people up. That's really what interested me the most. A red button? WTFology. I want answers.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Sounder » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Oh you poor thing.

Thanks for your mocking sympathy wombat, OK it was a stupid add on to the post, for a thread that was dropping quick. Still feel free to ignore anything else I may say, its cool.

Wombat wrote...

What a beautiful illustration of how out-of-touch white liberals are...a vacuum of self-regard

But, but they are so smart, they must know the proper way forward.
Sounder

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Oh, but I don't ignore you. My mocking sympathy is based on reading everything you typed out. And, how could I resist? I think a lot of people will want to meditate and interact with this one...it's juicy. And, I'm honestly curious about where the dig comes from -- was there a climate change thread that ended badly?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby wintler2 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:04 pm

Vid wont play for me, sez "This is a private video. If you have been sent this video please make sure you accept the senders friend request".
It sounds amazingly bad.

Wombaticus Rex wrote:.. And, I'm honestly curious about where the dig comes from -- was there a climate change thread that ended badly?

They all ended badly from Sounders POV, as none of the deniers could scrape together enough nous to explain never mind prove the fudged pro-polluter science they (used to) copynpaste here.

Sounder, your drive-by smear was pathetic, put up (quote me) or shut up.
"Wintler2, you are a disgusting example of a human being, the worst kind in existence on God's Earth. This is not just my personal judgement.." BenD

Research question: are all god botherers authoritarians?
wintler2

Postby barracuda » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Wintler, I think you can still watch the video at Sounder's link here:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/james ... a-shocker/

It was still up an hour ago, espousing the bald implication that climate change deniers should be summarily executed via the expedient of a universal button which induces the person's body to explode from within. Considering the number of persons who are daily red-misted in the name of securing oil, this is either a great analogy or a terrible one. I can't decide.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby nathan28 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:31 pm

climatetard.png

middlefinger.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
„MAN MUSS BEFUERCHTEN, DASS DAS GANZE IN GOTTES HAND IST"

THE JEERLEADER
nathan28

Postby 82_28 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:58 pm

That's the stupidest shit I've ever seen. Who or what organization in their right mind would associate themselves with that "mindless" dreck? Why don't they do a fucking anti-war ad if they're that dead set on shocking people and affecting change?

You one grouchy summabitch wint.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:59 pm

I thought this thread was going to be about 10/10/2010.

Yah, Sounder, there's a thread in the lounge titled "The I'm Shitfaced Thread"... maybe give that a try. At least then you'll have an out.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby wintler2 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Ta Barracuda, seen it now. Wow, amazingly bad. The whiny manipulative school teacher was worse than the patronising CEO, and they're supposed to be the good guys?! And not a word about forcing action on the megapolluters or structural change, the whole focus is individual conservation, which is implicitly apolitical and mega-polluter friendly.
Blowing up kids? Just collatoral damage.
"Wintler2, you are a disgusting example of a human being, the worst kind in existence on God's Earth. This is not just my personal judgement.." BenD

wintler2

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Nathan, glad to see you're around.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Sounder » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Wombat wrote...
And, I'm honestly curious about where the dig comes from -- was there a climate change thread that ended badly?

No,no, the dig comes from having too high expectations. I know that someone like AD (frumenchen) for instance is a fine person and we do need activist types. But he is wrong if he thinks that more information can be a cure for this morass. Yet he is so stubborn about his feelings of righteousness that he cannot speak to someone that may question the utility of pushing negative stereotypes of whole classes of people. I want to think of this place as a discussion board, yet mostly I only come here for a wider take on current events with some fair to excellent analysis. But there is frighteningly little engagement with disruptive ideation, considering how ‘cutting edge’ the folk here like to think they are.

But there I go digging a deeper hole; I better stop before it gets too deep to get out.

As anyone may note, I do not invest much in being ‘popular’.

wintler2 wrote…
They all ended badly from Sounders POV, as none of the deniers could scrape together enough nous to explain never mind prove the fudged pro-polluter science they (used to) copynpaste here.

Hope that little tape loop in your head keeps you happy.
No wintler2, I never cared or participated much in the AGW threads as I consider it a red herring, although it did open my eyes about how brainwashed a bunch of smart, alleged non-conformists can be when it supports their self-abdignationist dispositions.

Why wintler2, do you deny you said that?

BPH, that may be a good option, but I’m willing to try honesty even when I’m not drunk.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby wintler2 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:43 pm

Sounder wrote:..But he is wrong if he thinks that more information can be a cure for this morass.

Agree absolutely, this is about values, and infowar.
Lakoff wrote:..All Politics is Moral
The system of concepts used in political discourse is grounded in conceptions of what is moral. Every political leader claims he or she is doing what is right, not what is wrong. But Conservative and Progressive moral systems differ profoundly (see The Political Mind and Moral Politics). Parts of the conservative moral system contradict environmental values - Man over Nature, Laissez-faire markets, personal not social responsibility, etc. Environmental values derive from a moral system centered on empathy and social responsibility.

Biconceptualism
Many, if not most, people have two contradictory moral systems, applied to different issues. They may be progressive on some issues, conservative on others. The brain makes this possible via mutual inhibition - activating a moral system strengthens it and inhibits, and hence weakens, the other.

This means that one should talk using the positive language of an environmental (and hence progressive) moral system, and avoid the language of the anti-environmental (radically conservative) moral system. ..

Sounder wrote:..Why wintler2, do you deny you said that?

Said what? Quote & link, a smidgeon of rigor, please.

wintler2

Postby Sounder » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Sounder wrote:
..But he is wrong if he thinks that more information can be a cure for this morass.

wintler2 wrote...
Agree absolutely, this is about values, and infowar.

Thanks for that stunning display of rigor wintler2. I said it’s not about more information, you respond that you agree ‘absolutely’, then add that it’s about values and infowar. It’s only about ‘infowar' in a rabidly dualistic system where ‘liberal’ equals ‘good’ and ‘conservative’ equals ‘bad’. I can only imagine that this is over the head of you and your fellow bandwagoneers that you seem to enjoy being an enforcer for. So then, is this fellow Penitti Linkola a fascist or is he a ‘good’ liberal, or is he both maybe?

http://www.penttilinkola.com/pentti_linkola/ecofascism/
"Any dictatorship would be better than modern democracy. There cannot be so incompetent dictator, that he would show more stupidity than a majority of the people. Best dictatorship would be one where lots of heads would roll and government would prevent any economical growth."

This fellow also suggests that if he could push the button to kill millions along with himself he would happily do so. I get a server error when I try to link to his writing but his fans claim that he is logical in that he is willing to include himself in the mass death he proposes. Forget the fact that the folk that can push that button have no intention to take themselves out at the same time.

No need to view this breakdown wintler2 as any contrary science must be pro-polluter in your world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOLkze-9GcI

Sounder wrote:
..Why wintler2, do you deny you said that?

wintler2 replied...
Said what? Quote & link, a smidgeon of rigor, please.

I have this thing called memory (and better things to do than to peruse your old posts) wintler2, although you are welcome to declare it faulty if you want.
Sounder

Next

Return to General Discussion