UFOs over NY (and I ain't too surprised)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: UFOs over NY (and I ain't too surprised)

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Rodenberry was preparing the preemptive keyshape-hijack for this op.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby jingofever » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:42 pm

barracuda wrote:Image

Those look like the 'UFOs' that Prophet Yahweh was summoning:

jingofever

Postby Simulist » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:I was checking out Richard Dolan's (heartbreaking) new site, where the lead article was about the "Bluebeam" predictions for 10-13 and he was expressing bafflement as to where the date came from. I figured everyone knew about Ten Thirteen...I'm re-watching all three seasons of Millennium lately so I see that shit all the time. I figured it was an X-Files in-joke.

As to why Dolan has turned to Stanton Friedman, Jim Marrs and some hollywood pouf named Bryce Zabel, well...that's a whole other Other. Definitely got me sadface, though.

http://www.afterdisclosure.com/

Dolan paid his dues, though...go get that idiot money, buddy, you earned it. Have fun on the other side.

Richard Dolan — someone I still admire very much, by the way, despite some of the company he has felt it necessary to keep — wrote about this very issue at The Paracast message board sometime back. This was shortly after the Camelot Conference, for which his participation was, at times, excoriated.

In part, here is some of his response to these criticisms, which can be found here.

Richard Dolan wrote:When I entered this field years ago, I had a major learning curve ahead of me. For better or for worse (and it’s clear that many here believe “for worse”), I am not simply a historian of UFOs, but am at times actively engaged in something like “disclosure.” Being in that position means that I deal with all kinds of people, some more savory than others – and a few who are less so. In most cases, I find that people and their situations are more complex than I initially thought from a safe distance. It is easy to rail at people from afar. Harder after you meet them face to face and gain nuance that seldom arises from a distance. I assume most people reading this have an understanding of that experience.

It is true that I have a very high tolerance for dealing with a very broad range of people. That’s an acquired skill, and I can assure you it isn’t always easy to employ. Still, if I want to do what I do, it is necessary. In my situation, I have had intimate conversations with some individuals who would be positively scary to many people. I have also been involved with all sorts of researchers – some outstanding, others not so much, and still others who have had one or two good ideas, along with a whole lot of bad ones. I have dealt with ‘true believers,’ ‘true skeptics,’ ‘true disinformation artists,’ and every other kind of person, and have usually had something to learn from all of them.

At all times I have done what I have done because I have a message to relate, and am attempting to make a positive difference. That includes the Camelot conference. If you don’t like my attendance there, there’s not anything else I can tell you, unless you haven’t actually listened to what I had to say. And then, shame on you if you criticize anyone without actually listening to what they said. What kind of research is that?

In the years and generations to come, whatever judgment there is on my work will center on what I have had to say. Yeats put it very well: “words alone are certain good.”

Thanks and best wishes.

Richard Dolan
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Easy Hugh...one day a time...

Nice to see you Pan.
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Simulist -- thank you so much for that. Hugely appreciated.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Luposapien » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:21 pm

barracuda wrote:8.4 million people, alll carrying cameras, and this is the best shot I can find.

No kidding. This was going on long enough for at least 1 news crew to show up with cameras to film it. Seems like someone could have dug up a camera with a telephoto lens or a tripod or something.

In any case, in addition to the synch with Ten Thirteen Productions (Thanks Wombat, I knew I recognized that from somewhere), I thought it was pretty amusing that all the video reporting about the incident was centered around the intersection of 23rd and 8th (2^3th). If it's an hoax/psyop of some kind, which seems plausible enough to me, whoever put it together has a sense of humor, and knows who they're winking at.
If you can't laugh at yourself, then everyone else will.
Luposapien

Postby professorpan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Maybe there are some better photos and videos out there. News organizations seem to mine YouTube for their clips, which is probably pure laziness. But in one of the crowd videos I saw a guy with a large video camera on a tripod. If I lived in NYC I'd be doing my best to find witnesses and collect as much footage and photos as possible.

Also, the image of the light from the night footage (that the news cameraman shot) seems to show a central light with other lights lined alongside of it. Unless that's some sort of camera artifact I've never encountered, it looks unusual and worthy of analysis.
professorpan

Postby Luposapien » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:41 pm

True enough. Hopefully some better images will surface before too long. Just my impatience coming through.
If you can't laugh at yourself, then everyone else will.
Luposapien

Postby streeb » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:49 pm

News organizations seem to mine YouTube for their clips, which is probably pure laziness

And also diminishing budgets.
streeb

Postby vanlose kid » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:52 pm

all the memes coming together...

UFO-Like Objects Appear on Schedule
Thursday, October 14, 2010 – by Staff Report

Mystery shiny objects floating over Manhattan spark UFO frenzy ... A mysterious shiny object floating high over Manhattan's West Side set off a flurry of reports and wild speculation Wednesday that a UFO was flying over the city. Police and the FAA said they began getting flooded with calls starting at 1:30 p.m. from people reporting a silvery object hovering high over Chelsea. Law enforcement sources said they believed the object was likely some sort of balloon, but as of late Wednesday they had not confirmed exactly what it is. – Daily News

Dominant Social Theme: Calm down. It is clearly not a UFO. (Or is it?)

Free-Market Analysis: A feedbacker sent us an email yesterday, pointing out that "Well, here it is October 13th, 2010 and there IS indeed, a UFO hovering over NYC." We thank the feedbacker for the alert. The news was all over the Internet and YouTube, in fact, when we checked: Huffington Post, the NY Post and the New York Daily News, etc. the mainstream consensus seems to be forming the perspective as we write that the sighting was of weather balloons. Sub dominant social theme: "Get worked up if you want, but we will explain it OUR way."

The idea of a UFO appearing on October 13 over a major city, as our feedbacker was pointing out, was not exactly unexpected. We had presented the following report only a week ago: "UFOs in Worldwide Revelation on Oct 13 ... A newly-published book by a retired NORAD officer predicts October 13, 2010 as the tentative date for a fleet of extraterrestrial vehicles to hover for hours over the earth's principal cities. Author says the event to be the first in a series intended to avert a planetary catastrophe resulting from increasing levels of carbon-dioxide in the earth's atmosphere dangerously approaching a "critical mass." (Yahoo).

Perhaps the most thrilling initial report was placed on Youtube by SuperKeithyGeorge. It was an extensive report apparently created with his cell phone and then uploaded to Youtube, entitled: OCTOBER 13 DISCLOSURE NYC PEOPLE PANIC OVER UFOS. He begins his report with by noting that "OK, so it's pandemonium 2010 right now. There are UFOs flying above the city right now ..." Later on he relates relief at still being alive. What is curious about his posting on YouTube is that "blurb" he uses to describe his posting is ... you guessed it ... the same language we use above from Air Force officer, Stanley A. Fulham's press release. When we flip to SuperKeithyGeorge's "personal" site, we find the headline "Time's up! We're all fu—ed." He presents a blaring video of "The Final Countdown" by the band Europe. It is quite catchy.

But SuperKeithyGeorge was not the only one to film the UFOs (or weather balloons) flying high above New York yesterday. We kept tracking YouTube and clips kept being posted from various individuals. However, ABC TV reported on it and the report was posted on Youtube with Fulham's release as well! We also came across this comment in the body text of one of the postings: "This is being done by a fringe enviromental group based in Canada, and it is actually part of a larger planned media stunt, but it also could be considered to be form of eco-terrorism."

This strikes us as possible, though we are not sure that Fulham himself is an "eco-terrorist." On the other hand, he does seem quite concerned about carbon dioxide levels approaching a "critical mass." It is also possible that the eco-terrorism speculation is a kind of "beard" designed to further obscure what could be an evolving "power elite" fear-based promotion. In the previous article we wrote:

As we have noted before, we have no direct evidence that the "aliens among us" meme is a fear-based promotion of the Anglo-American elite ... But when trying to divine the tea-leaves regarding such efforts, we look for coordination of messaging, timeliness, authoritativeness and, often, a combining of different promotional elements together. To say we have noticed an uptick in this particular promotion – what we consider to be a promotion anyway – would be something of an understatement. In the case of "Challenges of Change," Fulham cleverly combines the global warming meme together with his overarching "aliens among us" theme for a kind of promotional "twofer."

The jury is still out, obviously in the sense that an elite promotion cannot be directly "proven" unless one is an insider. Certainly, signs are there from our point of view. The Aliens Among Us meme has been gathering momentum since the Fabian H.G. Wells began to write science fiction. Orson Welles claims his great Mars Invasion radio hoax was sponsored (or so we have read, somewhere) and that is how the elite works, by repetition, advancing usually at a fairly slow pace and offering various promotional elements to see how they are received.

As we pointed out yesterday, we are meme watchers not investigative journalists. We have not reached a firm conclusion about the Aliens Among Us meme anymore than we have about the NASA "moon hoax." There is always (in many of these seeming promotions) Hayek's spontaneous order to consider.

Conclusion: On the other hand, something does seem to be going on that is out of the ordinary in terms of elite messaging. The UN has set up an office for "outer space affairs" and scientists, according to news reports, are apparently adopting "protocols" dedicated to rationalizing alien investigations. The UFO-sightings phenomenon that used to be relegated to fringe publications is rapidly become mainstream. If the elite has decided to use aliens as a full-on fear-based promotion, we would argue the implications could be significant. As a final note, it is October, the month of market swoons.

[http://www.thedailybell.com/1446/UFO-Like-Objects-Appear-on-Schedule.html]

"Teach them to think. Work against the government." – Wittgenstein.
vanlose kid

Escaped Balloons

Postby battleshipkropotkin » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:49 pm

UFO? NYC kids say no, mysterious floating orbs were escaped balloons from teacher's engagement party
All those theories about Wednesday's mystery UFO sightings over Manhattan are about to go "pop."

A Westchester elementary school believes the puzzling orbs floating over Chelsea were likely a bundle of balloons that escaped from an engagement party they held for a teacher.

"UFO? They're crazy - those are our balloons!" said Angela Freeman, head of the Milestone School in Mount Vernon. "To me it was the most automatic thing. But it's all over YouTube."

A parent was bringing about 40 iridescent pearl balloons to the school for language arts teacher Andrea Craparo when the wind spent a bunch away around 1 p.m.

"They looked big and they were all together, so it looked like one UFO," said fourth-grader Nia Foster, 9.
battleshipkropotkin

Re: Escaped Balloons

Postby psynapz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:42 pm

battleshipkropotkin wrote:"UFO? They're crazy - those are our balloons!" said Angela Freeman, head of the Milestone School in Mount Vernon. "To me it was the most automatic thing. But it's all over YouTube."

A parent was bringing about 40 iridescent pearl balloons to the school for language arts teacher Andrea Craparo when the wind spent a bunch away around 1 p.m.

"They looked big and they were all together, so it looked like one UFO," said fourth-grader Nia Foster, 9.

“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:55 pm

I'd just like to state, out of frustration with the general populace (NOT you RIers, of course) that UFO is an acronym that stands for Unidentified Flying Object.

It is NOT synonymous with "spaceship," or "flying saucer," or "craft containing intelligent beings not of this earth."

So, if a person sees an object that is flying, and that person is unable to identify that object, then that person has seen an Unidentified Flying Object, or...

...all together now ...

A UFO

:dancingfrog:

Gosh darn, that shit annoys the fuck out of me.

Carry on.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby justdrew » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:35 pm

vanlose kid wrote:all the memes coming together...

here's the full, non-doctored version of the ad...

It wields enormous influence, acts as a catalyst for social change and empowers its users to become both consumers and creators of information on a global scale. This March, the BBCs international news services - BBC World Service, BBC World News and BBC.com - are exploring the ways in which the internet is transforming the world in a special season of programming called Superpower - go to www.bbc.com/superpower to find out more.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby SonicG » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Bruce Dazzling wrote:I'd just like to state, out of frustration with the general populace (NOT you RIers, of course) that UFO is an acronym that stands for Unidentified Flying Object.

It is NOT synonymous with "spaceship," or "flying saucer," or "craft containing intelligent beings not of this earth."

So, if a person sees an object that is flying, and that person is unable to identify that object, then that person has seen an Unidentified Flying Object, or...

...all together now ...

A UFO

:dancingfrog:

Gosh darn, that shit annoys the fuck out of me.

Carry on.

My thought exactly...an IFO that is an alien ship though, that's a whole 'nother thang...

Seriously though, no one even had binoculars? No reports of swift darting movement certainly makes it seem likely to be balloons but odd that there were at least two different balloon releases in the city then...More so is everyone's reactions: so, so ready for that mysterious something, that "I guess, but I just don't know", that Other, to come dancing into our lives...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion