UFOs over NY (and I ain't too surprised)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: UFOs over NY (and I ain't too surprised)

Postby 82_28 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:02 am

Then again, maybe it just barely pushed on the false wall set up just for the media event -- as per the visible words on the wall toppling down. It wasn't breaking through anything in other words. Still, the action blur certainly says photoshop of some sort.

Sorry. Got obsessed with analyzing that for a bit.

Back to the UFOs over NY. . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justdrew » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:29 am

the theory would be that they already completed the tunnel with the fancy, melts it's way through and fuses the molten rock around the tunnel to create the fused walls 2-3 feet thick. This publicity shot was then arranged by putting a "normal" disclose-able TBM through the tube which then busts through a thin layer of concrete that capped the already complete tunnel to give the big photo finish.

but I've not looked deeply into the underground bases lore so I'm not that up on what the legendary "secret" TBM capabilities are supposed to be, but I think the story is they've got much more advanced ones that go much faster and actually melt the rock into a molten condition. but that kinda thing may only exist in the artbelliverse.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby psynapz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:47 am

justdrew wrote:but I've not looked deeply into the underground bases lore so I'm not that up on what the legendary "secret" TBM capabilities are supposed to be, but I think the story is they've got much more advanced ones that go much faster and actually melt the rock into a molten condition. but that kinda thing may only exist in the artbelliverse.

Like this?
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby elfismiles » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:04 pm

:backtotopic:

This new El Paso footage seems at once much more interesting to me ... at the end they of course draw the connection to the NYC sightings.

This El Paso footage starts out looking like just a disintegrating meteor / fireball / fireworks but then apparently the balls of light cease "falling" and streaking and appear to hover - though because it is at night one can't be sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DxyyvzGJnE

Mysterious Lights Over East El Paso
By Ben Swann - Main Anchor
Friday, October 15, 2010 - 10:26pm

Above the skies of Northeast and East El Paso, Friday night a sight that was a little more than stunning.

Video, captured by one of our photographers shows one solitary light that appears to be falling in the sky. That light suddenly breaks apart and into three separate lights.

Those lights then seem to freeze in the air and just hover.
Eventually a fourth light can be seen and the lights appear to be hovering around each other. Then they all disappear.

We are told that Airsho pilots were performing manuevers Friday night and the lights were likely part of that.

http://www.ktsm.com/mysterious-lights-over-east-el-paso

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Nordic » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Wow, that El Paso footage is pretty darned interesting. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

I've seen meteors break apart like that, but they don't then spread out, their momentum carries them on an extremely parallel path with each other. And then they don't stop and hover around in patterns, either.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Absolutely not rigorous

Postby Blue » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Says 82_28: I now say fake. Tunnel could be real. But that photo, given its elements, seems impossible.

The Swiss have spent unimaginable amounts of money and 60 years digging this tunnel. It is not a 'shopped photo.
Blue

Postby battleshipkropotkin » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:23 pm

US Army Golden Knight parachute team in El Paso for Airsho.

Footage of previous night jump:

From the 1st link:

Yes, that was us! This is something that happens quite often when we do twilight or night jumps…people for miles around who don’t realize that there is a pyrotechnic jump going on think that there is a meteor or a UFO! The local law enforcement and news agencies get frequent phone calls from people who think that it’s anything from a UFO to a nuclear missile. It’s just the Golden Knights, doing what we do best and wowing the crowd, while demonstrating the precision and discipline that the Army has taught us. Thanks for your concern!

Blue Skies!

SGT Rachel Medley, Black Demonstration Team, Golden Knights
battleshipkropotkin

Postby Nordic » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:28 pm

DOH!

:doh:
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby elfismiles » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Thank you BSKK (would that be the appropriate acronym?) for this plausible explanation.

Here is another alleged video of that event but ... I gotta say, this I think was hoaxed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5jMyGunwb8

battleshipkropotkin wrote:US Army Golden Knight parachute team in El Paso for Airsho.

Footage of previous night jump:

From the 1st link:

Yes, that was us! This is something that happens quite often when we do twilight or night jumps…people for miles around who don’t realize that there is a pyrotechnic jump going on think that there is a meteor or a UFO! The local law enforcement and news agencies get frequent phone calls from people who think that it’s anything from a UFO to a nuclear missile. It’s just the Golden Knights, doing what we do best and wowing the crowd, while demonstrating the precision and discipline that the Army has taught us. Thanks for your concern!

Blue Skies!

SGT Rachel Medley, Black Demonstration Team, Golden Knights
elfismiles

Postby Sepka » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:45 pm

The NY Daily News has a theory:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... chers.html

All those theories about Wednesday's mystery UFO sightings over Manhattan are about to go "pop."

A Westchester elementary school believes the puzzling orbs floating over Chelsea were likely a bundle of balloons that escaped from an engagement party they held for a teacher.

"UFO? They're crazy - those are our balloons!" said Angela Freeman, head of the Milestone School in Mount Vernon. "To me it was the most automatic thing. But it's all over YouTube."

A parent was bringing about 40 iridescent pearl balloons to the school for language arts teacher Andrea Craparo when the wind spent a bunch away around 1 p.m.

"They looked big and they were all together, so it looked like one UFO," said fourth-grader Nia Foster, 9.

Awestruck gawkers began calling the NYPD and the FAA starting about an hour later when mysterious flying objects appeared over Manhattan.

Meteorologists with the National Weather Service said the wind was blowing south at 5 to 10 m.p.h. at the time which would make the engagement balloon theory possible.

Police have said they believe the puzzling objects were likely balloons.

The sky was very clear at the time, making high-flying objects extremely visible from the ground.

Also, helium-filled balloons tend to change shape at high altitudes as the gas expands - making them look abnormal from below, experts say.

As with anything related to the paranormal, other possibilities abound. Following with the balloon theory, some suspected an event in Times Square where a number of yellow balloons were released to celebrate a joint-tourism agreement between New York and Madrid.

Then there is author Stanley Fulham, a retired NORAD officer who recently published a book predicting the world's major cities would be visited by UFOs on Oct. 13.

He did not return calls - and there was no word on his whereabouts.

lalpert@nydailynews.com
- Sepka the Space Weasel

One Furry Mofo!
Sepka

Postby elfismiles » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Retired NORAD Officer Stanley A Fulham Interview - Part 1 & 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziEBSGaY3No

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_4iW_JNpsg

The book is titled Challenges of Change (3rd Ed.) The idea is that these UFOs will make their appearance on Oct. 13 as the first in a series of events, meant to avert a global catastrophe caused by the carbon-dioxide in Earth's atmosphere, which is dangling at the precipice of critical mass.

Mr. Fulham explains in the book that the E.T.s on board these vessels will not land or attempt communication on that date. They have learned from previous experiences with populations on other planets that a sudden intervention would cause panic. So, they will slowly make themselves known, getting us accustomed to the idea that we are not alone in the galaxy.

Sepka wrote:The NY Daily News has a theory:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... chers.html

Then there is author Stanley Fulham, a retired NORAD officer who recently published a book predicting the world's major cities would be visited by UFOs on Oct. 13.

He did not return calls - and there was no word on his whereabouts.

lalpert@nydailynews.com
elfismiles

Re: Absolutely not rigorous

Postby 82_28 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Blue wrote:Says 82_28: I now say fake. Tunnel could be real. But that photo, given its elements, seems impossible.

The Swiss have spent unimaginable amounts of money and 60 years digging this tunnel. It is not a 'shopped photo.

Hey, blue. Note I did not say the tunnel was not real. I said that the photo appears to be photoshopped. I am well aware and was before any kind of thread here even mentioned it. Yes, it does look like a marginally, at the very least, doctored photo. Elements seem to have been taken from one photo and added to another. I told you why in the prior posts. I stuck up for the veracity of the photo in my first comment and then began staring at it a little longer. Yes, it absolutely does look rigrously fake. BECAUSE! You WOULD SEE movement, blurring of the same type in the assembled audience as the big machine knocks over the wall with plenty of illuminated blurring. That boring machine did not just hit that wall like a missile. It pushed it a bit and it fell. One guy is holding a heavy video camera -- you would expect to see sway. Yet there is not.

I never once said this feat is "faked" or that the photography of it was totally faked. I said there are some anomalies which point to this particular media image made to look more "exciting".

I was definitely being rigorous, but I will concede, perhaps not as intuitive as you. I could very well be wrong and I'm good with that. Just pointing out what I saw.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby SonicG » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Since I don't live in the US, it was nice to see the local-news happy talk on the "UFOs"...Can't wait for the real thing:
"Well Jennie, aliens landed on the White House lawn this morning and proceeded to devour the President and the first family...I guess they thought they had landed at a White Castle...That little dog would make a perfect 'slider' hahahahaha...."
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby semper occultus » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:51 am

...if only they read RI...

They said the 'UFO' over New York was just balloons... so how do they explain the mirror image over El Paso?

www.dailymail.co.uk

By Daily Mail Reporter Last updated at 8:36 AM on 19th October 2010

It could, of course, just be an amazing coincidence.
First New York was gripped by sightings of UFOs in the sky last week. The fears were quickly debunked by the claim that the 'UFOs' were actually balloons released from a nearby school.
But this weekend lights forming a mirror image of the pattern seen in the sky over New York have been seen in El Paso, Texas - immediately sparking speculation that the little green men have moved down south.

First New York... now El Paso? what New Yorkers saw in the Big Apple on Wednesday.

what Texans saw over El Paso on the weekend

Witnesses in El Paso flooded local police stations and newsrooms with phone calls. Many reported seeing the same sequence of events in the night sky.

First one light appeared to cascade from the heavens, separating into three, each with a tail behind it.

Then they are seen solidifying into three dots forming a triangle - a triangle that was the mirror image of the three 'balloons' in New York.
Next a fourth light appeared, the lights appearing to hover in the air - and then, suddenly, they all went out.
Because it was dark, it seems unlikely that these lights are balloons.

The lights were captured on video and have sparked a frenzy of speculation, especially after a local news station pointed out the simliarity between them and the sightings over New York last week.

Mystery: Local witnesses reporting first seeing a single light cascade from the sky

Then, suddenly, the light split in to three parts

The three lights then solidified into three points as they appeared to hover over El Paso

Suddenly a fourth light appeared - and then all four went out. The lights have not yet been explained
semper occultus

Postby Jeff » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:33 pm

That's not all:
Mystery object spotted over Richmond's Fan District
What was that in the night sky this past weekend?

Mike Bergazzi Executive Producer
October 19, 2010

RICHMOND - So, just what was that up in the sky above Richmond's Fan District last weekend?

Dozens of people report seeing strange lights in the sky both Saturday and Sunday night. Jeff Brown tell us CBS 6 that the object he saw Saturday night had three lights in the shape of a triangle, while the object he saw 24 hours later had just one light.

Witnesses say that light spotted Sunday night was just a small ball of light, there was no beam that could be associated with a strobe light. It was seen moving in the air for about four hours.

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-fan-myste ... 4452.story
Jeff
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion