UFOs over NY (and I ain't too surprised)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: UFOs over NY (and I ain't too surprised)

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:09 pm

I also posted this in the Mystery Missile Launch Seen off Calif. Coast thread...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30128&p=365178#p365178

I live in Manhattan, and trust me, the jets that are visible flying over the city don't move anywhere near that fast.
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:34 pm

WTF is THAT? I mean I have no way of even estimating it's speed, but I agree that just to my eyes and memory of every jet I've ever seen that thing is moving way, way too fast to be a jet. Briskly? More like fucking supersonic.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Nordic » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Where do they find these "experts"???? What idiot would say that's a contrail? There's no freaking WAY that's a contrail!

I don't know what it is, but it sure as shit isn't a contrail.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Simulist » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:34 pm

It's amazing what experts will believe, if you pay them enough to believe it.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Nordic wrote:Where do they find these "experts"???? What idiot would say that's a contrail? There's no freaking WAY that's a contrail!

I don't know what it is, but it sure as shit isn't a contrail.

What idiot would say that's a contrail?

A nameless "top astronomer," of course...
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby justdrew » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:37 pm

well... if the camera is way the hell zoomed in, and those building tops are very far away from the camera, maybe it could be (another?) optical illusion.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Nordic » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:52 pm

I'd love to see better quality video of this. The compression's pretty bad in this.
Nordic

Postby justdrew » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:49 pm

yeah, this one is indeed surely an optical illusion, probably intentionally created. It's a contrail back-lit by the nearly set sun, taken from a helicopter... still, this is now a relatively huge "wave" of this kinda thing happening over the last couple months to now. I mean, look at CBS's lead line on this... "did you see the fire in the sky" that raises an eyebrow for sure. it's all as broadly "doomy" as I've ever seen mainstreamed. Why are they pushing this "package" now?

that same explanin' site from the "mystery missile" explanation...
http://blog.bahneman.com/content/another-mystery-object-time-over-nyc
I'm just getting word that there was another "UFO" cloud sighting over New York last night and from the clips I've seen, it appears to be another sunlit contrail, this time in a horizontal alignment.

CBS 2 coverage: Did You See the Fire in the Sky?

The most notable feature I want to address about the video is this:

The object appears to be "streaking", but that is an illusion caused by the foreground buildings and the left to right motion of the news helicopter. The object itself is not moving at the apparent rate that it is in the video.

This story is a bit like the one that caused a stir (for a small number of people) in Seattle in 2006, to which KOMO-TV did a story you can see here:

What Was That Mystery Object in the Sky?

I don't know if will be possible to nail this one down to a specific airplane given the number of flight paths that criss-cross that area and the number of major metropolitan airports.

I have used Google Earth to recreate the approximate position of the helicopter, at that time of day, and you can see that with the setting sun, a north bound airplane at cruising altitude would be a perfect candidate for the source of the contrail in NYC. The sun would be lighting it up from below as it traversed south to north.

More updates later.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Nordic » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:38 am

This is just bizarre. Why wouldn't they tell us that it was taken from a helicopter from the getgo? Why would this even make the news? "Hey look! Nothing! But it's CERTAINLY not a UFO!"

Things are getting weirder and weirder.
Nordic

Postby elfismiles » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:05 am

Stanley Fulham dies - leaves legacy of UFO/ET predictions
December 23, 2010

Stanley Arthur Fulham (Capt, ret. RCAF)

Stanley A. Fulham, a retired Captain from the Royal Canadian Air Force, died on December 19, 2010 after a battle with cancer. Fulham came to the attention of the UFO/exopolitics community with his recently published book, Challenges of Change, where he made a number of predictions concerning the appearance of UFOs and extraterrestrial life. His prediction of UFOs over New York City on October 13 attracted international media when unidentified objects did show up and were witnessed by thousands. The closure of New York’s three major airports on the same day has been claimed to be linked to the UFO sighting. He next set of predictions concerned UFOs appearing over Moscow in early January 2011, being followed one week later with UFOs showing up over London.

Cont: http://news.exopoliticsinstitute.org/in ... chives/797

elfismiles wrote:

Retired NORAD Officer Stanley A Fulham Interview - Part 1 & 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziEBSGaY3No

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_4iW_JNpsg

The book is titled Challenges of Change (3rd Ed.) The idea is that these UFOs will make their appearance on Oct. 13 as the first in a series of events, meant to avert a global catastrophe caused by the carbon-dioxide in Earth's atmosphere, which is dangling at the precipice of critical mass.

Mr. Fulham explains in the book that the E.T.s on board these vessels will not land or attempt communication on that date. They have learned from previous experiences with populations on other planets that a sudden intervention would cause panic. So, they will slowly make themselves known, getting us accustomed to the idea that we are not alone in the galaxy.

Sepka wrote:The NY Daily News has a theory:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... chers.html

Then there is author Stanley Fulham, a retired NORAD officer who recently published a book predicting the world's major cities would be visited by UFOs on Oct. 13.

He did not return calls - and there was no word on his whereabouts.

lalpert@nydailynews.com
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Previous

Return to General Discussion