Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Where is UFOlogy at in 2015?

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:05 am

I guess this is mostly a question for the few of you still active (or at least actively reading) in those circles...I myself have really dropped out. About 4-5 years ago I burned through Vallee, Keel, Hansen et al and then hit that brickwall of bullshit where UFOlogy becomes the social phenomenon it's primarily known for: the infighting, the endless "Immanent Disclosure" hype cycles, and 10,000 "inside sources" with e-books and speaking fees.

Narrowly avoiding a novel-length recap I shall instead nail the question directly: Did the military win this one? Is UFOlogy now a social phenomenon detached from any actual line of inquiry, while the serious research is conducted either privately and quietly, or under the auspices of state secrecy?

Bonus Round: Is there anyone carrying the torch I should be appraised of? Have there been any actual developments?

Thanks in advance, folks.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Where is UFOlogy at in 2011?

Postby hanshan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:33 am

Wombaticus Rex wrote:I guess this is mostly a question for the few of you still active (or at least actively reading) in those circles...I myself have really dropped out. About 4-5 years ago I burned through Vallee, Keel, Hansen et al and then hit that brickwall of bullshit where UFOlogy becomes the social phenomenon it's primarily known for: the infighting, the endless "Immanent Disclosure" hype cycles, and 10,000 "inside sources" with e-books and speaking fees.

Narrowly avoiding a novel-length recap I shall instead nail the question directly: Did the military win this one? Is UFOlogy now a social phenomenon detached from any actual line of inquiry, while the serious research is conducted either privately and quietly, or under the auspices of state secrecy?

Bonus Round: Is there anyone carrying the torch I should be appraised of? Have there been any actual developments?

Thanks in advance, folks.

Did the military win this one?

Not exactly amenable to open & shut binary elther/or answers; however, leaning towards yes

Bigelow corners a market in which (surprise) there are no corners

http://devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.com/10965/shrugging-off-bigelows-killer-ufos/

Shrugging off Bigelow's killer UFO's

Aerospace entrepreneur Robert Bigelow tells the New York Times that UFOs are lethal -- and nobody even blinks
/CREDIT: thespacereview.com

by Billy Cox

Robert Bigelow, the jillionaire hotelier who wants to build the world’s first private space station, doesn’t do much media — mos def not De Void — so Monday’s profile in the New York Times is worth a read.

snip

In a nutshell: With NASA phasing out of the launch business, Bigelow’s aggressive development of inflatable habitation modules — and his willingness to invest up to half a billion of his own $$$ to make it happen — puts him at the forefront of the privatization of space. He and anyone else wanting to exploit the high frontier will need wheels to get there. And the Obama admin plans to spend $6 billion over the next five years to encourage the private sector to produce the next generation of launch vehicles.

http://skinwalker.wordpress.com/2007/12/07/rare-robert-bigelow-wired-interview/

Am partial to Dolan & await the third in his series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8FGGqSW2XU

Greer says some strange things...

short answer...i.e., - nope

hanshan

Postby elfismiles » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Very good question Wombat.

The short version is yes the milintcomplex has won.

In fact I'm constantly finding myself increasingly convinced that much of the modern era ufology is milint created / directed. More so than I believed it to be before.

But I still see a very real Otherness signal within the noise.

Will give your questions some more thought and hopefully have more to say.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:31 pm

ImageImage

I had, as I have yet, as certainly true the opinion of Ptolemy, that is, the earth stability and the mobility of the Sun.
-Galileo
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Thank you elfis. Truth be told I originally contemplated this question as a simple DM to you.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby barracuda » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:38 pm

The military/intel side has "won" for a very good reason. Are there any clear-thinking individuals out there who don't understand, at this late date, that 99.99% of all the "unexplained" sightings are black projects? The recent analysis of evidence in the Physics World journal that crop circle anomalies can be replicated with magnetrons pretty much indicates that Vallee's intuition in this realm was on the money, and that many of the so-called "genuine" crop circles which evidenced microwave radiation and node bursting were almost certainly created by technology commonly available here on the home planet. The same is undoubtably true of UFOs.

The funny thing is that while the military has controlled the UFO information flow since WW2, the true high strangeness has melted into the morass and become nearly impossible to discriminate, especially in a situation in which the marketing of the latest theory is a cottage industry beyond the wildest dreams of the early hypothesizers. How many people make their living off of UFO products now? What common advertisers do they feature on their websites? Where do these links lead you? Who are the corporate sponsors of the medium and large conferences? How many websites does Steven Lewis manage? :lol: Non-military UFOlogy, like most of the world of conspiracy media, is probably largely a network marketing pyramid scheme like Amway, and the end result is probably the hidden hawking of ARM mortagages and new-age medicinal cures right along with the endless stream of ancient lost civilisations and bland, expressionless faces mute on the surface of Mars.

Still and always, somewhere out there, unexplainably weird shit continues to manifest itself outside the circle of the psyop or the ponzi scheme. But there's so much chaff that the tiny grains of wheat wind up on the threshing room floor. That the world is a weird, weird place full of strange wonders is plainly obvious to anyone really interested.

Following ROI is just as important in this realm as following UFOs.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:39 pm

hanshan wrote:...

http://skinwalker.wordpress.com/2007/12/07/rare-robert-bigelow-wired-interview/

Am partial to Dolan & await the third in his series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8FGGqSW2XU

Greer says some strange things...

short answer...i.e., - nope

^^^^
excellent

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:52 pm

barracuda wrote:Are there any clear-thinking individuals out there who don't understand, at this late date, that 99.99% of all the "unexplained" sightings are black projects?

*raises hand*

Didn't realize it was so open-shut, thanks for the...clarity.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby hanshan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

barracuda wrote:The military/intel side has "won" for a very good reason. Are there any clear-thinking individuals out there who don't understand, at this late date, that 99.99% of all the "unexplained" sightings are black projects? The recent analysis of evidence in the Physics World journal that crop circle anomalies can be replicated with magnetrons pretty much indicates that Vallee's intuition in this realm was on the money, and that many of the so-called "genuine" crop circles which evidenced microwave radiation and node bursting were almost certainly created by technology commonly available here on the home planet. The same is undoubtably true of UFOs.

The funny thing is that while the military has controlled the UFO information flow since WW2, the true high strangeness has melted into the morass and becaome nearly impossible to discriminate, especially in a situation in which the marketing of the latest theory is a cottage industry beyond the wildest dreams of the early hypothesizers. How many people make their living off of UFO products now? What common advertisers do they feature on their websites? Where do these links lead you? Who are the corporate sponsors of the medium and large conferences? How many websites does Steven Lewis manage? :lol: Non-military UFOlogy, like most of the world of conspiracy media, is probably largely a network marketing pyramid scheme like Amway, and the end result is probably the hidden hawking of ARM mortagages and new-age medicinal cures right along with the endless stream of ancient lost civilisations and bland, expressionless faces mute on the surface of Mars.

Still and always, somewhere out there, unexplainably weird shit continues to manifest itself outside the circle of the psyop or the ponzi scheme. But there's so much chaff that the tiny grains of wheat wind up on the threshing room floor. That the world is a weird, weird place full of strange wonders is plainly obvious to anyone really interested.

Following ROI is just as important in this realm as following UFOs.

...the true high strangeness has melted into the morass...

hanshan

Postby Stephen Morgan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:57 pm

I haven't read much about the you-foes since UFO Magazine shut down. That's the UK one. The scene seems pretty dead at the moment. The elves are in hibernation, I expect. Fortean Times occasionally has some interesting stuff, like their reexamining of the Washington "temperature inversion" flap which pinned it squarely on CIA ECM tests, but even FT mostly just has their "Flying Saucery" page which catalogues tabloid reports of Chinese lanterns.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Perelandra » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:09 pm

While I'm not a serious student, I'd venture a tentative "probably" to the question and take the opportunity to bring up some excellent reading material that Sounder mentioned in the "timeslip" thread. Thanks, Sounder.

http://materialintangible.blogspot.com/search/label/Criticism
“The past is never dead. It's not even past.” - William Faulkner
Perelandra

Postby norton ash » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Some is likely black ops, weapons/systems testing, fakery, diversion, mindfucking... some could be interdimensional crossover ... some could be limited hangout and information from other possible worlds and intelligence ... some might be from spaaaace... some are surely human (?) bad actors, abductors with elaborate schemes... some info is tailored/exploited by folks with books and DVDs to sell...

Jeff's Rigorous Intuition book effectively left me thinking that all of the above are possible, each of the UFO/abduction/ships/creatures/time-shifting/portal cases he looks at seem to suggest military or mind-control testing in some, extraterrestrial origin in others, time-gates in others, ancient entities or shapeshifters familiar to humans, Archons-and-their-human-agents in some stories, magic and ritual workings in other places ... all fascinating, but generally hard to nail down as far as the who, what, why and how.

My intuition has to choose all of the above possibilities. I suppose UFO/paranormal explainers and researchers need to specialize, take sides, and get paid like all academics or writers, and I'm satisfied (and still occasionally alarmed) to listen to all of them.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby barracuda » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:05 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:
barracuda wrote:Are there any clear-thinking individuals out there who don't understand, at this late date, that 99.99% of all the "unexplained" sightings are black projects?

*raises hand*

Didn't realize it was so open-shut, thanks for the...clarity.

0.01% would still be a huge amount of areas of genuine inquiry. But feel free to put forth your own estimated percentages. The point is that the military has a vested interest in managing the data, and the money to make certain those interests mature to profitability. Between their efforts and the marketing aspects results a huge amount of information and disinfo churn. And let's face it - were we to learn exactly what the government agecies know, our focus would improve considerably. I'm reposting this from a conversation in the subforum 'cause it's relevant to what I mean.

The government knows:

- the parameters of their own black projects in the realm of experimental propulsion, advanced design aircraft, and space faring and weaponry deployments.

- the fundamental operations pertaining to those activities such as the locations of secret bases, satellite and space station functions, etc.

- the truth behind nazi researches into these areas, and the dispostion and activities of the paperclipped scientists.

- the similar ops and researches of other "competing" nations, or corporations as far as they know.

- the identities of the various strains of governmentally seeded disinformation in circulation as UFO apocrypha.

- actual unreleased historical case files of a military nature and probably high degrees of detail that are collated into studies which would be of extreme interest on their face to UFO researchers.

- outstanding or hidden data on the realities or histories of life on Mars or other planets or bodies in the form of microorganisms, etc.

And this is simply on the base level of the more obviously prosaic types of information. Of even more more esoteric interest may be:

- the true nature of any possible missions to the moon or other planets not publicly available.

- experimental research into ET or extra-dimensional entity contact via presumably occult or paranormal channels of inquiry.

- the realities of any possible recovered artifacts of an "alien" or non-human nature.

- the possibilities of reverse-engineered technology.

- secret archaeological data gathered outside of the public realm related to ancient civilisations, prior historical contact, anomalous artifacts, etc.

I've heard it said, though, that if one could only harness the energy released through all the stubby fingers typing on all the various keyboards about this subject one could power a small city. I think that has actually happened via the marketing end harnessing of the data churn. It keeps the lights on in a variety of situations.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby ConcreteJungle » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:13 pm

These types of threads make me see how mindfucked much of the population is. I'm inclined to say fuck NASA, fuck space, and fuck ET. I want any future kids of mine to have a place to live and worrying about this shit won't get us there.
ConcreteJungle

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Those types of replies make me see how scared much of the population is. I'm inclined to agree with you, and never made any big claims about helping your kids secure habitation space in this thread. Walking the thought police beat won't get you there.
Wombaticus Rex

Next

Return to General Discussion