#OCCUPYWALLSTREET campaign - September 17

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: RI Meetup at the Occupy Wall Street Campaign - 9/17

Postby Project Willow » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:19 pm

<pointless contribution>

I want to go! Grrrrr. I did not make it to the city this year, and I would so love to be a part of that action, and meet for breakfast in Tribeca.
Godddern empty bank account. :(

</pointless contribution>

Have fun, please take pics and post reports.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:24 pm

I know what you mean, Willow. If this weren't happening in my own hood, I wouldn't be able to afford making a special trip for it either.

I'll make certain to document the moment of Jack's arrest.

:moresarcasm
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby dqueue » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:39 pm

I shall be a day late and 96 miles short. Making it as far as Philly on Sunday. Sorry to miss this.

:hrumph
We discover ourselves to be characters in a novel, being both propelled by and victimized by various kinds of coincidental forces that shape our lives. ... It is as though you trapped the mind in the act of making reality. - Terence McKenna
dqueue

Postby 82_28 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Bruce Dazzling wrote:I know what you mean, Willow. If this weren't happening in my own hood, I wouldn't be able to afford making a special trip for it either.

I'll make certain to document the moment of Jack's arrest.

:moresarcasm

LOL.

Good luck fellers. The whole republic is depending on you.

Be sure to carry enough lockpicks! :wink

No, really. Keep us posted and may the force be with you.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Nordic » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Wish I could be there.

I'm excited about this because finally someone has figured out that the place to protest is Wall Street.

I've been advocating that for a long time.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Avalon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:35 pm

That opening photo is the first thing that made me laugh today. Thanks.

Can't make it, but will be thinking of you. Do us RI New Yorkers proud.
Avalon

Postby elfismiles » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Wish I could be there. Have fun and be safe. :thumbsup
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Plutonia » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:40 pm

Which of you twerps will be tweeting the revolution?

:yay

Also, watch out for kettling and provocateurs.

You may want to attend this:

USDayofRage US Day of Rage ☮
by AnonyOps
Non violent civil disobedience training for out of town ppl FRI eve in BROOKLYN. Details to follow. #sept17 #occupywallstreet #sept17
3 hours ago
No further details as yet....

And here's an Anon medic primer: http://www.scribd.com/doc/63285473/Anon-Medic-v1

Play safe kids.

[the British] government always kept a kind of standing army of news writers who without any regard to truth, or to what should be like truth, invented & put into the papers whatever might serve the minister

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby 2012 Countdown » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Yes, we would like tweets and postings hourly. And photos, lots of photos!

I do wish all attendees well. They key is going to be the 'seige' aspect. Winsconsin did it right. Take and hold ground -for weeks.
It will be a great challenge. Also include or relay any local delivery place that can be relied upon to bring food and water, etc. I will phne in and donate (as we did in Winsconsin). May your days be cool, and the pavement be soft.

:fawked:
George Carlin ~ "Its called 'The American Dream', because you have to be asleep to believe it."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q
2012 Countdown

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Endorsed.

plutonia, I'll tweet Dazzling's arrest for you.

As the boss says, I'm cautiously pessimistic about this thing. It took six years of organizing and stubbornness and absorbing punishment before a Twitter could fill the streets of Cairo, you know what I mean? Occupations spring from advanced mass movements. This action currently is the wish for one. Movements have been lacking in this country for about six or seven years now, with a few notable exceptions like the immigrant mobilizations and this year in Wisconsin. It's astonishing how little street action has been directed against the banksters, despite the widespread suffering and rage they've caused. Some of the rage was astroturfed into the Tea Party, most just dissipated.

So I'm wondering if there will really be something happening Saturday. If not, we can wander about downtown and trade stories.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Plutonia » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:19 am

JackRiddler wrote:.
plutonia, I'll tweet Dazzling's arrest for you.
Will be an epic RI moment!

Justdrew could make us a rogues gallery subforum to catalogue mugshots of RIers arrested in the coming struggle? :clown jk

As the boss says, I'm cautiously pessimistic about this thing. It took six years of organizing and stubbornness and absorbing punishment before a Twitter could fill the streets of Cairo, you know what I mean? Occupations spring from advanced mass movements. This action currently is the wish for one. Movements have been lacking in this country for about six or seven years now, with a few notable exceptions like the immigrant mobilizations and this year in Wisconsin. It's astonishing how little street action has been directed against the banksters, despite the widespread suffering and rage they've caused. Some of the rage was astroturfed into the Tea Party, most just dissipated.

So I'm wondering if there will really be something happening Saturday. If not, we can wander about downtown and trade stories. .

On impulse I pulled a tarot card (unusual for me) for a read on the energetics of the thing and got the 11th major arcana = Justice.
(In Crowley's Thoth deck, it's Lust - fitting for Wall street!)

ACTIONS

respecting justice
insisting on fairness
acting on ethical principles
being involved in legal concerns
committing to honesty
seeking equality
being impartial
trying to do what is right

assuming responsibility
settling old accounts and debts
being accountable
acknowledging the truth
admitting involvement
handling the situation
doing what has to be done

preparing for a decision
weighing all sides of an issue
setting a course for the future
balancing all factors
determining right action
choosing with full awareness

understanding cause and effect
accepting the results you created
seeing how you chose your situation
recognizing the action of karma
knowing that what is makes sense
making connections between events

On Card 11 we see the familiar figure of Justice. She has the scales of equality and impartial judgment in one hand, and the sword of decision in the other. In the tarot, Justice represents the understanding that life is ultimately fair and just. Even though the vagaries of day-to-day life tend to make us doubt this fact, Justice reminds us that there is divine balance. Notice the similarity between the Emperor and Justice. Both cards stand for universal order; the Emperor in its underlying structure, Justice, in the action of karma - cause and effect.

There is a serious feel to Card 11 - the tone of the courtroom. This card refers to legal matters of all kinds, but is not restricted to them. The courts are where judgments are made and decisions rendered. Our legal system is the official arena in which we explore the principles of Justice - fairness, impartiality and the quest for truth.

In readings, Justice often appears when you are concerned with doing what is right or making sure you receive your due. This card can also appear when you are feeling the impact of a past mistake or good deed. The cause you set in motion at one time is now returning to you as an effect.

Sometimes Justice is a signal to do what needs to be done. A time comes when responsibilities must be accepted, and accounts settled. The past will continue to haunt you if you do not recognize your mistakes and make amends for them. You will need to weigh matters carefully and perhaps make important decisions about your future course.

So that's on point.

And major arcana signify trans-personal forces at work, so that's on too.

Yeah. Something real and real serious there. :roll:

Where to Order Food to Help the Occupation

Published 2011-09-13 03:27:57 UTC by chris

Several people have asked: if I can't make it to New York City for the occupation, but still want to help, what can I do?

One of many answers is to support those who are at the occupation on Wall Street by calling various delivery places in the area and having food sent to the site. Not only will you be providing food to hungry people, you will also be supporting local establishments as opposed to corporate chains. A list has been compiled of several pizzerias, health food places, and delis around the occupation area from which you can call and order food. The list can be found at here.

Finally, for those who ARE able to make it to the occupation, there will be food available that we will have bought through your generous donations. However, we'd also like to ask that people bring a little bit of food themselves, enough that can theoretically be shared with at least three people. Not only will it help us hold out for longer, it will go a long way in helping you get to know each other a little better as well.

https://occupywallst.org/

Occupation delivery: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11aE ... n_US&pli=1
[the British] government always kept a kind of standing army of news writers who without any regard to truth, or to what should be like truth, invented & put into the papers whatever might serve the minister

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Re: #OCCUPYWALLSTREET campaign - September 17

Postby Plutonia » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:34 am

Discussion and planning: https://occupywallst.org/forum/

Tents or tarps: https://occupywallst.org/forum/tents-are-allowed/

"Focus on bringing food to last through the fall."

:bigsmile

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby Plutonia » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:02 am

NYC & Nationwide Official Horizontal Mesh Occupation and Tactical Plan #Sept17 #occupywallstreet #usdor

Good info here, legalities, tactics, maps, organizational tips, hash tags etc:
http://www.usdayofrage.org/public-annou ... usdor.html

Edit: Info on dealing with cops, provocateurs, violence, and conducting people's assemblies etc here - scroll to the very bottom of the page: http://www.usdayofrage.org/calendar/eve ... ctive.html

Also where to go to get civil disobedience training ^^^ tomorrow!!

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby 2012 Countdown » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:51 am

Plutonia wrote:Discussion and planning: https://occupywallst.org/forum/

Tents or tarps: https://occupywallst.org/forum/tents-are-allowed/

"Focus on bringing food to last through the fall."

:bigsmile

quoting so that this is on page 2 as well.
Good two posts you've made/relayed.
George Carlin ~ "Its called 'The American Dream', because you have to be asleep to believe it."
2012 Countdown

Postby 2012 Countdown » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:38 am

Yes, it has a 'field of dreams' aspect to its conception and manifestation. Let us all wish it into existence.
2012 Countdown

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion