New Leads In The Johnny Gosch Case

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu May 26, 2005 1:19 am

A cold case is heating up. Iowa paperboy Johnny Gosch vanished without a trace in 1982. But, now, after KWWL's story last month on Johnny's disappearance, there is new information on the case. <br><br>A private investigator working Johnny's disappearance believe his kidnapping was part of a government conspiracy. The investigator shared new evidence with KWWL and it could be the break needed to solve this case. That evidence includes a recorded phone call that has never been heard publicly, until now. <br><br>During the early morning of Septmeber 5, 1982, Johnny Gosch was kidnapped from a West Des Moines neighborhood while delivering newspapers. It was silent, quick and professional. "This man has told us that at the end of their investigation that there were 834 kids involved that were kidnapped," says James Rothstein. He's talking about a former CIA agent who must remain anonymous. <br><br>Rothstein is a former New York City police detective, now a private investigator working the case for Johnny's mother, Noreen. And within the last couple weeks, Rothstein has uncovered new evidence linking Johnny's kidnapping to child prostitution. "It basically came down to one thing and one thing only. You know, it was money. These kids were being grabbed to satisfy the malignant, twisted, you know, evil depravity of very powerful individuals who have the money," he says.<br><br>Rothstein is talking about individuals who would spend as much as $10,000 to have sex with young boys and girls. And this new evidence points to the involvement of U.S. government officials. "They were using kids to compromise people. And what better way to compromise somebody than get a young boy with a politician or some powerful person that may be in the military or whatever and then you can compromise them and get what ever you want." <br><br>Last month, people on the internet and investigators like Rothstein began to believe a man who passed himself off as a White House reporter and known male prostitute Jeff Gannon could be Johnny Gosch. And while Gannon's true idenity still can't be confirmed, Rothstein says the more clues he uncovers, the possibility Gannon may be Gosch increases, "When you look into the whole abduction of Johnny, what happened, the cover-up that took place, the way the kidnapping was done, this was a professional job and it fits the profile that I have seen over the years as a professional investigator." <br><br>Rothstein now believes the CIA was involved and tried cover it up. "They were assigned to find out if there was an agency connection to it and I am quite sure that if they found one, to make sure it was covered," he says.<br><br>And Rothstein's CIA informant says this: "We were specifically ordered to clear our name. This would make the American agency look pretty s****y, like we're all a bunch of f***ing child molesters." <br><br>We requested information from the CIA on three kidnappings, Rothstein and his CIA informant believes to be connected. The first, Johnny Gosch, the second, Eugene Martin, kidnapped on August 12th, 1984 while delivering newspapers in Des Moines. <br><br>And, Jacob Wetterling, who was kidnapped from his Minnesota neighborhood on October 22, 1989. The CIA responded to our request with this letter, denying the agency investigated any of the kidnapping cases. But, Rothstein's source says, it happened often and for big bucks, "You could order one of these kids, it was $2,500 to $3,000 up front then you had the balance of another $3,000 to $3,500 or $4,000 upon completion. In some cases, you know depending on the circumstances you can probably get them at the bargain basement price of $1,500, but most I think that we ever saw was for the bondage and the freaky s**t and that was an even $10,000 and people...these people would hand that money out like it was candy." <br><br>That's what it cost to hire a kidnapper to steal a child like Johnny off the street. And with new details like this coming to light, catching Johnny's kidnappers might actually happen. "Any police agency that would get involved in this case to this date can solve that case. The case is more solvable now, than it has even been. And that case should have been solved hours after it happened. The witnesses are out there. You yourself have found some," Rothstein says.<br><br>Those witnesses include a Black Hawk County woman who wishes to remain anonymous. She sent Rothstein this packet of information. "Johnny Gosch is mentioned in it involving something that was going on years ago in the Waterloo, Iowa area," Rothstein says.<br><br>And while Rothstein hasn't determined the significance of the possible Waterloo connection, he says it's just as important as the phone conversation he had with a CIA agent. "That's solid information with names. That's where you start investigating and that should have been done years ago," he says.<br><br>And because it wasn't, Rothstein continues to make phone calls, and work leads, hoping his next big break is the one that solves the mystery behind the disapperance of Johnny Gosch. <br><br>For the past month, Rothstein has been tracking the activities of two suspects he believes could be responsible for kidnapping Johnny Gosch. We couldn't name them in our report because it hurt the investigation. We agreed to keep their identities secret so we could tell you this story. <br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.kwwl.com/Global/story.asp?S=3393685" target="top">www.kwwl.com/Global/story.asp?S=3393685</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=1500848&mesg_id=1500848" target="top">www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=1500848&mesg_id=1500848</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: New Leads In The Johnny Gosch Case

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Thu May 26, 2005 1:21 am

Thanks seems. I've posted about it on the blog, too. <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu May 26, 2005 1:31 am

I just saw it. Can't believe no one's talking about it or have I missed something? <p></p><i></i>
seemslikeadream

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Thu May 26, 2005 1:39 am

The story's pretty fresh, and it is pretty late. (Even I'm going to bed!) <br> <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Re The Johnny Gosch Case Pax Puts Gannon on Polygraph

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu May 26, 2005 1:50 am

Pax Puts Gannon on Polygraph <br><br> <br>By John Eggerton -- Broadcasting & Cable, 5/25/2005 3:25:00 PM <br><br>PAX TV may be cutting back on original programming, but at least one original series still on the schedule is putting a couple of high-profile figures in the hot seat.<br><br>On original series, Lie Detector, Jeff Gannon, the conservative blogger whose softball questions and run of the White House press room became a national story, hooks himself up to a polygraph to try and prove he is an independent journalist rather than a tool of the Bush administration.<br><br> <br>But wait, there's more. The May 31 8-9 broadcast will also feature Steve Gardner, a member of John Kerry's Swift Boat crew who claims Kerry falisfied documents. He, too, will hook up to a lie detector to try and lend credence to his claims.<br> <br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA603929.html?display=Breaking+News" target="top">www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA603929.html?display=Breaking+News</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p097.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=seemslikeadream@rigorousintuition>seemslikeadream</A> at: 5/26/05 12:30 am<br></i>
seemslikeadream

Postby PeterofLoneTree » Thu May 26, 2005 2:32 am

Jeff and others,<br>KWWL in Waterloo, Iowa seems to have a good working relationship with the P.I. on this case. Read their article. If you think you can contribute information, their e-mail is bobsmith@kwwl.com (or) kwwl@kwwl.com<br><br>Just maybe folks, just maybe... <p></p><i></i>
PeterofLoneTree

Postby Camino Real » Thu May 26, 2005 9:05 am

Have face recognition systems, something like visionics, been used in this case? <p></p><i></i>
Camino Real

Postby FourthBase » Thu May 26, 2005 10:29 am

Guckert = Guckert, not Gosch.<br><br>It's too bad the connection to Spence was ignored. <p></p><i></i>
FourthBase

Postby tabasco1776 » Thu May 26, 2005 10:47 am

Polygraph tests are useless, IMHO.<br><br>Like hypnosis, the polygraph cannot deal with the belief system of a zealot. Lies cannot be detected when the subject genuinely believes the lies to be truth.<br><br>Ask a devout Christian under a polygraph: "Do you know for a FACT that Jesus Christ's fetus appeared spontaneously in the womb of a woman who had never had sex, and that he is the son of God at the same time as being part of God, that he walked on water, raised the dead, and himself came back to life after being killed?" They'll say yes, and the polygraph needle won't deviate, even though the subject told a fib: they <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>don't</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> know it for a FACT, they simply believe it. But of course, they don't think of it in those terms, and thus the polygraph has nothing to react to.<br><br>In Gannon's mind, I'm sure he thinks of himself as a legit journalist, and thus it won't register a lie when asked about that. Never underestimate the human mind's power to pull the wool over its own eyes.<br><br>What I'd like to see them ask are questions like "Have you ever had sexual activity in the White House?" or "Have you had sexual activity with members of Government?" But Gannon wouldn't do a show like this if he couldn't veto such questions from being asked. They'll probably ask him total softball questions about his presence in the Press Corps and not even touch on sexual deviance. <p></p><i></i>
tabasco1776

Postby professorpan » Thu May 26, 2005 10:53 am

I'm skeptical of these new leads, in particular the Gannon/Gosch connection.<br><br>I realize the <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Vanity Fair</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> article on Gannon/Guckert was a puff piece and didn't ask the really important questions. But let's assume the reporters, Margolick and Gooding, did their homework and fact-checked his background.<br><br>For those who haven't read the piece, especially those of you who still think the Gannon/Gosch theory still holds water, I suggest you take the time to read it in its entirety:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.vanityfair.com/pdf/pressroom/advance2.pdf">www.vanityfair.com/pdf/pr...vance2.pdf</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Here is an important passage:<br><br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Gannon was raised in Cochranton, Pennsylvania, a small town in the northwestern corner of the state, by a family of union-oriented, Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy Democrats.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> When James was in high school, the Guckerts moved to Conneau Lake, a resort town 17 miles to the northwest. His classmates remember him as intelligent, charismatic, self-centered, manipulative. He<br>was voted student-council president and best dancer, played football, and edited the school paper and yearbook; he wore his hair long in the style of that era, like the sixth member<br>of the Dave Clark Five. </em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br><br><snip><br><br>Did the VF reporters actually check into his past? If they did (and they didn't just take his word for it), I think that seals the verdict -- Gannon isn't Gosch. I'm convinced the high school photos are legitimate, so unless he was kidnapped as Gosch and planted into a school system as Guckert (with all the complications that might entail), I think the Gosch angle is a red herring.<br><br>And, if he isn't Gosch, following that bogus trail leads us away from the real issues: who gave him access to the White House, and what he was doing there. <br> <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Postby tabasco1776 » Thu May 26, 2005 11:13 am

I don't think Gannon is Gosch either, but I am not convinced <br>that the crudely scanned yearbook photos we've seen making<br> their way around the net are legit - there's no chain of <br>evidence. <br><br>I'd like to see a copy of the yearbook come into the <br>possession of a reporter or blogger who I trust (like Jeff <br>Wells!)<br><br>Only one of those Guckert pics really looks like Gannon to <br>me. <p></p><i></i>
tabasco1776

reality check

Postby Ferry Fey » Thu May 26, 2005 11:24 am

"Gannon was raised"<br><br>Gannon wasn't raised anywhere. Guckert was. <p></p><i></i>
Ferry Fey

Postby professorpan » Thu May 26, 2005 11:48 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> I don't think Gannon is Gosch either, but I am not convinced<br>that the crudely scanned yearbook photos we've seen making<br>their way around the net are legit - there's no chain of<br>evidence. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Did you look at the photo in the Vanity Fair article? That, along with the others, is pretty convincing. <p></p><i></i>
professorpan

Postby Ted the dog » Thu May 26, 2005 2:32 pm

In the article, the PI mentions that the CIA informant revealed that the CIA were involved with "investigating" three cases...the first is the johnny gosch case, the second is the eugene martin case, both of which were in Iowa, and the third is the jacob wetterling case in minnesota. I had never heard about that case, but I looked it up and found this story on court tv:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.courttv.com/news/hiddentraces/wetterling/wetterling_page1.html">www.courttv.com/news/hidd...page1.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>this is especially scary:<br><br>"As they approached a particularly dark stretch of road, where a long gravel driveway led to a farm, the boys heard a low raspy voice call out. They were ordered to stop. Trevor was told to turn off his flashlight. <br><br><br>A man wearing a stocking mask stepped out from the darkness. He had a gun. Next the boys were commanded off their bikes and scooter and ordered into a roadside ditch. The man looked into Trevor’s face and asked his age. Hearing the reply, the man told the younger Wetterling to run away and not look back. If he disobeyed, he would be shot, the man said. He did the same with Aaron. <br><br><br>But as Aaron fled he saw the gunman grab Jacob by the arm of his red St. Cloud hockey jacket. Moments later, both boys looked back as they ran to Wetterling home. There was no sign of Jacob, the masked man, or any sound from a getaway vehicle."<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Ted the dog

whoops

Postby st4 » Fri May 27, 2005 2:06 am

Aw geez. I just posted this on <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://p097.ezboard.com/frigorousintuitionfrm7.showMessage?topicID=367.topic">another thread here</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->. Didn't see this one. Oh well. More attention on this case is a good thing I suppose. Sorry. <p></p><i></i>
st4

Next

Return to SRA and Occult Crime