Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: 11/22/63 CIA coup in the USA kills President Kennedy

Postby MinM » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Earth-704509
MinM

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby redsock » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:19 pm

I thought of Hugh today when I was driving behind a Lancer.
redsock

Postby battleshipkropotkin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 pm

battleshipkropotkin

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:58 pm

battleshipkropotkin wrote:Errol Morris on the Umbrella Man, Nov 22 2011.

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2011/11/21/opinion/100000001183275/the-umbrella-man.html

Lies, disinfo...from Errol Morris. Gee, the CIA-NYTimes...no surprise.

Yes, the umbrella weapon was a real invention using flachettes, poisoned darts, sometimes tipped with an instant paralysis drug.
Demonstrated to Lt. Col. L. Fletcher Prouty in his office. Not just a "kook story" as Morris claims.

No, it was not the umbrella man who stepped forward with the story about protesting Chamberlain-ism placating Hitler as anti-communism.

Maybe he'd like to explain 'radio man' and the fake Dallas cops with state-of-the-art earpieces pretending to apprehend the 'three tramps.'
Or CIA coup-assassination expert, Lucien Conein, being photographed in Dealey Plaza.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby RocketMan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:55 am

http://www.salon.com/2012/02/20/jfk_bet ... than_dead/

Then she writes:

At one point, after leaving the room to take another urgent phone call, he came back shaking his head and said to me, “I’d rather my children be red than dead.” It wasn’t a political statement or an attempt at levity. These were the words of a father who adored his children and couldn’t bear them being hurt.

If true, it’s a telling comment. JFK was echoing a popular slogan of the peace movement of the 1960s: “Better red than dead.” The idea was anathema to the American right but common on the left in Europe: It would be better to live under communism than to die in a nuclear war. At the climactic moment of the Cuban missile crisis, Alford says JFK voiced this sentiment.

Some will say Alford’s story cannot be true because JFK was not a leftist but an anti-communist — but there’s nothing unusual about a politician having different views publicly and privately. Others may say Alford made up the story to sell books — as if an anecdote about JFK’s liberalism would entice readers interested in his libido. In the context of the crisis at hand, it is more plausible to think that the president was expressing an abhorrence of the nuclear terror that defined the Cold War and voicing a desire to escape its clutches as his advisors pressed for war.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Previous

Return to General Discussion