Whitley's Got a New Book Out...

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Whitley's Got a New Book Out...

Postby NeonLX » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:34 pm

http://www.communionenigma.com/

I'll admit it, the original _Communion_ was engrossing enough that I read it through in one sitting. But it was really hard not to be skeptical... :)
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Whitley's Got a New Book Out...

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Whitley Strieber! Now with 100x more Linda Moulton Howe!

"Solving the Communion Enigma" is the product of ten years of research into the whole spectrum of ‘new’ unusual experiences that have emerged in the human community over the past hundred years. These include the enigmas of unidentified flying objects, close encounters, crop formations, strange animal mutilations and a whole array of lesser known anomalous experiences that are little remarked in the press or research literature.

As it weaves together the previously hidden links between these anomalies, it draws a startling new picture of them that leads to an inescapable conclusion: they are all related, and are apparently the result of a single core event that is not only evolving and developing literally year by year, but also has more profound implications for the human future than anything else mankind has ever faced.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby operator kos » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:58 am

Thanks for the summary Wombaticus. Sounds disappointing, unfortunately. As interconnected as everything is, I was never one for the Grand Unified Conspiracy Theory myself. At "best" the PTB are a band of hostile brothers.
operator kos

Postby Freitag » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:50 am

Wombaticus Rex wrote:Whitley Strieber! Now with 100x more Linda Moulton Howe!

:lol:

a startling new picture of them that leads to an inescapable conclusion: they are all related

Sigh. How original could his theory be? Seems like everything's been said already.

Actually I thought of something the other day, by way of a unified theory of the paranormal, which can't be original to me but I don't recall hearing it before. Since a large portion of the planet is asleep/dreaming at any given time, maybe they are projecting archetypes or collective nightmares into reality.
Freitag

Postby Ben D » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:53 am

I remember well when I first picked up his book 'Communication' about 1992. I'd had a lucid dream in 1973 (I has pinched my self during the experience and it hurt so was convinced I was awake, so I was astounded and confused when I found myself waking up in bed), in which I was taken by someone whose face I didn't see to meet this entity whose head was something like the alien image on the front cover of Communion. I was horrified when I met him yet he/it appeared to know me and said to me face to face.. What took you so long?. What followed was some sort of training before finding myself back in bed.

It was not until I had gotten into Theosophical teachings almost a decade later that I learnt about other dimensions such as Astral planes, etc., that i could understand it is possible for the Astral counterpart of our physical body can leave the physical body during sleep and that cleared up my utter bewilderment and confusion that had always been with me since the 'lucid dream'. Of course the mystery of why I had been taken and the fact the entity knew me is still not fully understood by me but then there are many who have has similar experiences so I'm not alone in that respect. :shock:
There is That which was not born, nor created, nor evolved. If it were not so, there would never be any refuge from being born, or created, or evolving. That is the end of suffering. That is God**.

** or Nirvana, Allah, Brahman, Tao, etc...
Ben D

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Nordic » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Wow, I just read that headline as "Whitey's got a new book out".

You know, it's MLK day and all.

:eeyaa

Maybe I need another cup of coffee.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby NeonLX » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:18 am

Heh. Well, he is a cracker, ain't he? :)
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby peartreed » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Whitley has been a crumbling, somewhat stale cracker for awhile now.

This sounds like the Last Hurrah effort to collect facts to fit his own Theory of Everything, en route to messianic martyrdom. He sees his own role through a megalomaniacal magnifying glass as the modern intermediary, introducing Man to The Other.

What he forgets is that all of us have experienced visitors who overstayed their welcome, the enigmatic kind that give very little back to their hosts. The last thing we need is a resurrection of the alien argument and autopsy as his final autobiographical undertaking and latest bid for glory. Unless there is new empirical proof of an alien presence that he has been exclusively sitting upon these past fourteen years, all we can expect is a regurgitation of earlier digested and eliminated anecdotal evidence, all tied together with his strings of longing to be a legend.

I think the communion enigma is going to be the anal outcome of his own cramped contemplation efforts upon the commode.
peartreed

Postby psynapz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Nordic wrote:Wow, I just read that headline as "Whitey's got a new book out".

You know, it's MLK day and all.

:eeyaa

Maybe I need another cup of coffee.

A rat done bit my sister Nell.
(but Whitley got a new book out)
Her face and arms began to swell.
(and Whitley's got a new book out)
I can't pay no doctor bill.
(but Whitley's got a new book out)
Ten years from now I'll be payin' still.
(while Whitley's got a new book out)
The man jus' upped my rent las' night.
('cause Whitley's got a new book out)
No hot water, no toilets, no lights.
I wonder why he's uppi' me?
('cause Whitley's got a new book out?)
I wuz already payin' 'im fifty a week.
Taxes takin' my whole damn check,
Junkies makin' me a nervous wreck,
The price of food is goin' up,
An' as if all that shit wuzn't enough:
A rat done bit my sister Nell.
Her face an' arm began to swell.
Was all that money I made las' year
(for Whitley who got a new book out?)
How come there ain't no money here?
(Hmm! Whitley's got a new book out)
Y'know I jus' 'bout had my fill
(of Whitley havin' a new book out)
I think I'll sen' these doctor bills,
Airmail special
(to Whitley, who got a new book out)
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby Sounder » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:56 am

peartreed wrote...
What he forgets is that all of us have experienced visitors who overstayed their welcome, the enigmatic kind that give very little back to their hosts. The last thing we need is a resurrection of the alien argument and autopsy as his final autobiographical undertaking and latest bid for glory. Unless there is new empirical proof of an alien presence that he has been exclusively sitting upon these past fourteen years, all we can expect is a regurgitation of earlier digested and eliminated anecdotal evidence, all tied together with his strings of longing to be a legend.

'all tied together with his strings of longing to be a legend'. That's a good line peartreed.

Some folk seem to have no sense of their own role with respect to their cogitations.
Sounder

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:16 am

Sounder wrote:Some folk seem to have no sense of their own role with respect to their cogitations.

I would honestly question who among us that is not true for. Probably the dead.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Sounder » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Really? I would like to think that you have some idea as to the origins of your distaste for philosophers, for instance.

I mean surely all culpability cannot be assigned to the philosophers.
Last edited by Sounder on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sounder

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Culpability is such a clean, tidy concept compared to operational reality.

I would submit that, based upon my email inbox, I have absolutely no idea what I'm actually writing about. I am quite adept at emulating the patterns of competence enough to draw readers in, but their subsequent conclusions and questions indicate I am, at best, a purveyor of compelling ink blot tests.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby psynapz » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:I am quite adept at emulating the patterns of competence enough to draw readers in, but their subsequent conclusions and questions indicate I am, at best, a purveyor of compelling ink blot tests.

Dude. When is that ever not true? :basicsmile
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:12 pm

I know, right? My vague banality game is off the charts in 2012.
Wombaticus Rex

Next

Return to General Discussion