How to get fired from Fox Business in under 5 minutes

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Nordic » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:00 am

This will be the only time (probably) that I share a video from Fox News.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: How to get fired from Fox Business in under 5 minutes

Postby Luther Blissett » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:07 am

Too bad it's set up to promote Paul, despite being all true.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 am

Luther Blissett wrote:Too bad it's set up to promote Paul, despite being all true.

I quite agree. I didn't want to give any spoilers. And I didn't post it because I'm a Ron Paul fan (I'm not) but because its amazing to me that the guy got that whole thing out without someone cutting his mic or other "technical problems".

And to see someone in the "mainstream" propaganda/pr/"news" outlets say the things that he said (up until the RP endorsement) is quite simply shocking.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby wordspeak2 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:49 am

Yup. And rather ironic that it came over FOX, at least, for a time. This is kind of what I'm talking about- you're more likely to hear more serious political truths from libertarian types than liberals. I see plenty of my colleagues in the drug policy reform movement gravitate towards this kind of material, as the Left/liberals doesn't offer anything nearly as good. I have a hard time blaming them.
wordspeak2

Postby AlicetheKurious » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:09 am

No, dear. He guessed he was about to be fired, and that's why he did the February 13th broadcast you posted.

He was really fired for this, which was broadcast the week before:

"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Postby Sounder » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks Alice, although my working hypothesis is that Jews are being played by the Catholics, who play us all quite well.

Context and content

I know Judge Napolitano through only a few you-tube snippets. In my opinion, the Judge represents mostly positive polarity expressions within the conservative mindset. Although I may always remain puzzled as to why anyone might think it a good idea to reduce regulations on corporations. If regulations were tightened, maybe the big boys would stop trying to abuse the system quite so much. Maybe we could try progressive regulation similar to the idea of progressive taxation where the rich are watched more closely because we know that when people can throw their weight around they will.

It’s like they say in star trek; only Nixon could make a deal with China.

Or only fruitcakes like David Icke are allowed to speak the truth because then all a propagandist has to do is mention the dreaded NAME and the wannabe nonconformist conformist will jump right back in line.

Or, there are folk on the right that do have a substantial grasp for a bigger picture but their ideological baggage causes most liberals to discount the truths expressed because of the associations with less savory ideas.

Whatever way it is, we are all losers.
Last edited by Sounder on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sounder

Postby wordspeak2 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:08 am

I'm more interested in this Michael Scheuer. That probably was why the Judge was fired, but still- is this ex-CIA guy to be trusted? I see he's out there in major circles pushing the line that the U.S.-Israeli relationship is damaging to "our" national security. Seems like probably just one head of the multi-headed establishment beast.
Here's the wiki on his 2004 book he originally published anonymously:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Hubris
wordspeak2

Postby Sounder » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:15 am

Trust no one-Narrative proliferation is a key element for keeping the general population confused.
Sounder

Postby AlicetheKurious » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:34 am

wordspeak2 wrote:I'm more interested in this Michael Scheuer. That probably was why the Judge was fired, but still- is this ex-CIA guy to be trusted?

Absolutely not. I think he represents a faction within US intelligence that is frustrated at being squeezed out by the "Israel-firsters", to which he does not belong. Obviously that, by itself, doesn't make him one of the good guys.
"If you're not careful the newspapers will have you hating the oppressed and loving the people doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X
AlicetheKurious

Postby Elihu » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Although I may always remain puzzled as to why anyone might think it a good idea to reduce regulations on corporations.
as we discuss politics, since the outcome of politics determines the universal manifestation of authority to be used to shape the behavior of society, it is necessary for politics to have an accurate perception of its deliberations upon actual civil reality. failing to do this will not change the operative effects of government authority upon society, but rather perpetuate society in error and confusion. so the question begins, what is the purpose of the government? what can and what can't the government accomplish and why? and most importantly, whose interest is it going to serve? it is going to serve someone or something. it's a question of who or what.

wrt the above comment, it's my opinion that the cows are already out of the barn and have been for a long time. while it may seem appealing to "regulate corporations", continuing to do so is, in imho, in contravention to addressing the grievances of the people exploited by said corporations. it is to mis-understand the problem. it is making things worse. it is a fallacy, imo, that "gov regulations are restraining corporations from total plunder of the land". imo, the regulations are not the issue.

i'm not talking about a rule that says you can only charge X percent interest and you must extend x amount of loans in this neighborhood. as i have alluded to before, corporations are not people. they cannot behave contrary to their nature which is to accrue power and wealth (increase market share). with a jewel like legally constituted authority over their target customers, it is a moral imperative for corporations to seek the patronage or control of that authority (the government).

imo, what must be examined is what happens when an alien entity enters the councils of gov authority with regard to actual citizen people? civil matters that rightfully only pertain to mortal biological organisms, such as money, association, airwaves, lawmaking?

this is empirical anecdotes, but look around? this is a fundamental idea about the constitution of society. see the degradation all around? is there any chance of regulations catching up to, passing, and getting ahead of all the stealing going on? it will never happen. why don't we look at the ugly truth? why don't we move on, why is the political discussion shipwrecked on this shoal?
But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Elihu

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Just in case a few of you are still not familiar with Fox's report on Israel/Mossad's activities in regard to 9/11...

"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Harvey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:53 pm

I was looking through some old photo's of mine and laughed when I saw this one. I had no idea what I was seeing when I took it.

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Bruce Dazzling » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Are you posting that in the right thread, Harvey?
"Arrogance is experiential and environmental in cause. Human experience can make and unmake arrogance. Ours is about to get unmade."

~ Joe Bageant R.I.P.

OWS Photo Essay

OWS Photo Essay - Part 2
Bruce Dazzling

Postby Harvey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Bruce Dazzling wrote:Are you posting that in the right thread, Harvey?

I rather thought so.* The two opposing players are lost in darkness, transfixed by the bright artificial lights, the excitement of the game, the team colours. The game seems brighter and more real than the mere candle and holds all of their attention, for as long as they allow it to.

*(Refering to the OP but you're right, overly poetic for a political thread.)
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Searcher08 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:36 pm

Harvey wrote:
Bruce Dazzling wrote:Are you posting that in the right thread, Harvey?

I rather thought so.* The two opposing players are lost in darkness, transfixed by the bright artificial lights, the excitement of the game, the team colours. The game seems brighter and more real than the mere candle and holds all of their attention, for as long as they allow it to.

*(Refering to the OP but you're right, overly poetic for a political thread.)

:mrgreen: As someone who spent large amounts of time in his tweens engaged in that pursuit, with the same expression and with a room darkened for dramatic effect, I thought it was bang on - you know RED PLAYS BETTER THAN BLUE!!!(*) Not to mention similarities with table tilting, kicking your opponent under the table, crying foul (at random), triumphalism etc etc

(*) These things are significant! Wearing Levis vs wearing Wranglers - there IS a difference. Really :)
Searcher08

Next

Return to General Discussion