8/18/08 CIA Time Magazine cover "Warren"..not Comm

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re:

Postby DoYouEverWonder » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:23 am

orz wrote:
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:In case anyone still thinks psyops doesn't work-

Nobody here doesn't think psyops don't work; we just think that your ideas about how they work make no sense and are largely incorrect.

We? Please speak for yourself. You certainly don't speak for me, but I know my opinion doesn't count for much around here because I'm a 9/11 cter.
DoYouEverWonder

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: 8/18/08 CIA Time Magazine cover "Warren"..not Comm

Postby MinM » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:31 am

Yet another Time cover with a right-wing nut job. :shock:

George Wallace is on there too.
:wink:
Earth-704509
MinM

Re: 8/18/08 CIA Time Magazine cover "Warren"..not Comm

Postby zuestorz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:04 am

MinM wrote:Image
Yet another Time cover with a right-wing nut job. :shock:

George Wallace is on there too.
:wink:

Well, MinM nailing the original 'Mockingbird', Henry Luce, yet again!! :lol: I say 'original Mockingbird', but Luce & LucePress were compliant to the interests of certain intelligence linked movers and shakers long before there was a CIA, let alone a Project Mockingbird.

Thanks for posting the Education Forum links. My goodness, what a circus it's become. Ever since Mr Simkins publically announced that he has discontinued researching the JFK case the tenor of the Forum seems to have dropped away.

I wish Jim Di Eugenio the best with his new book. I have some apprehensions however - there seems a lot of focus on Mosley's overly sympathetic 1978 biography of the Dulles family, referred to in the posts linked. I sincerely hope that we don't end up with an inadvertent reinforcement of the myth that Dulles' own writing carved out for himself. Don't get me wrong Mosley's book is a tremendous read, but I would recommend researching from it in conjunction with other contemporary works (Cave-Browns' The Last Hero; & The Secret War Report of the OSS; and WA Swanberg's biography of Luce were the books at my elbow as I trawled through Mosley's book on the Dulles clan trying to sift gold from chaff).

There is still some un-mined gold in Mosley, IMO. Example: pages 479-80. I think its a most interesting and incredibly long-standing friendship to reveal - that of Lyman Lemnitzer and AW Dulles. It went all the way back to Italy - Operation SUNRISE and before, when they were all young men in a desparate and horrible war (in which many of them just happened to make a lot of money together! :wink: see The Last Hero) In my view, the bonds that men and women develop during the horrors of war are far more resilient and pervasive than any post-adolescent silver spoon college affiliations. Skull and Bones? :roll:

The other interesting thing shared in common - Dulles got the Warren Commission, poor old Blaikie got lumbered with Joannides and Lemnitzer? Lemnitzer got to sit on the Rockefeller Commission.

It's almost like somebody said to these guys, 'It's YOUR mess, YOU clean it up!'
I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of society but the people themselves
- Thomas Jefferson
zuestorz

Previous

Return to General Discussion