Cannot Edit Posts

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Cannot Edit Posts

Postby Hugo Farnsworth » Mon May 28, 2012 12:20 pm

I am logged in, and can post replies and even create new topics, but i cannot edit them.
Without traversing the edges, the center is unknowable.
Hugo Farnsworth

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Cannot Edit Posts

Postby Jeff » Wed May 30, 2012 10:47 am

Sorry for the late reply, Hugo.

Are you still having this problem? Does it persist if you switch browsers? Are you getting an error message?
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Hugo Farnsworth » Wed May 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Yes, i still cannot edit posts. I have the quote button available on my post or anybody else's, but the edit is not to be found.

I have tried to use IE instead of my usual firefox, but it is the same thing--no edit button, and no error messages with either browser.

Unless, of course, there is no edit button, and there is some other way to edit a post that i am unaware.

This was edited: :)
OK, this post has an edit button, but the OP of this thread still cannot be edited. Is that by design? I went through my posts (most are not OP), and the edit button was not available. I will try to find an excuse to start a new thread or reply to one.
Hugo Farnsworth

Postby elfismiles » Thu May 31, 2012 10:19 am

Hi Hugo!

Management invoked (about a year ago I think) a time-length on how long folks can edit posts. I believe the window of opportunity is 48 hours or so.

Hugo Farnsworth wrote:Yes, i still cannot edit posts. I have the quote button available on my post or anybody else's, but the edit is not to be found.

I have tried to use IE instead of my usual firefox, but it is the same thing--no edit button, and no error messages with either browser.

Unless, of course, there is no edit button, and there is some other way to edit a post that i am unaware.

This was edited: :)
OK, this post has an edit button, but the OP of this thread still cannot be edited. Is that by design? I went through my posts (most are not OP), and the edit button was not available. I will try to find an excuse to start a new thread or reply to one.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Hugo Farnsworth » Thu May 31, 2012 6:12 pm

Many Thanks. Now it all makes sense. :)
Hugo Farnsworth

Postby Jeff » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:13 am

Glad that was the answer! (And thanks for providing it, elfismiles.)
Jeff
Site Admin

Return to Ask Admin [old version/not in use]