Spree-Killings Master Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Spree-Killings Master Thread

Postby elfismiles » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Rage / Mass Shooter / Spree-Killing thread NOT involving schools.

For those go here:

School-Shootings Thread
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31718

Seven people killed after man opens fire with machine gun in Dutch mall
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 10:27 AM on 10th April 2011

A gunman opened fire with an automatic weapon at a crowded shopping mall outside Amsterdam on Saturday, leaving at least seven people dead and wounding 15 others, with children among the victims, Dutch officials said.

The attacker was among the dead after fatally shooting himself at the Ridderhof mall in Alphen aan den Rijn, Mayor Bas Eenhoorn said. The suburb is less than 15 miles southwest of Amsterdam.

Three of the wounded were in critical condition, five were in serious condition and at least two others were slightly wounded, Eenhoorn said.

Prosecutors last night named the gunman as Tristan van der Vlis, 24.
The gunman used an automatic weapon at the shopping centre outside Amsterdam

The gunman used an automatic weapon at the shopping centre outside Amsterdam

Ambulances
Ambulances

At least seven are dead and 15 people were injured in the shooting

Evacuated: The city government of Alphen aan den Rijn announced the death toll through its Twitter account

Evacuated: The city government of Alphen aan den Rijn announced the death toll through its Twitter account

Maart Verbeek told state broadcaster NOS the attacker had a machine gun and appeared to be shooting at random.

'There was a panic in the mall, a lot of people running,' said Verbeek, a pet shop owner. 'I see the attacker coming, walking, and I go inside the store ... and I see him going by with a big machine gun.'

The mall was cleared by police who placed a cordon around the area. Hours after the shooting, residents continued to walk past the mall, some of whom appeared to be in a daze.
Panic: Shoppers and mall workers fled at the sound of the machine gun

Panic: Shoppers and mall workers fled at the sound of the machine gun

The killer is believed to have shot himself in the head after his killing spree

The killer is believed to have shot himself in the head after his killing spree

Grim announcement: Acting mayor Bas Eenhoorn, centre, speaks to the media during a press conference in the town

Grim announcement: Acting mayor Bas Eenhoorn, centre, speaks to the media during a press conference in the town

'You hear about this sort of thing happening at American schools and you think that's a long way away,' said Rob Kuipers, 50, a project manager. 'Now it's happened here in the Netherlands.'

Investigators were trying to determine the shooter's identity, the mayor said. Witnesses said he had long blond hair, appeared to be about 25 years old, and wore a leather jacket with combat trousers. They said he sudden began firing with what appeared to be a machine gun . They said he then shot himself in the head with a second weapon, a pistol.

A resident who lives near the mall gave his name as Marijn said the shooting went on for several minutes. When he went to see whether friends working at the mall were OK, he saw the shooter lying dead in front of a grocery store.
Police investigators examine the crime scene in the car park at the De Ridderhof shopping mall

Police investigators examine the crime scene in the car park at the De Ridderhof shopping mall
A bullet-riddled vehicle in the car park of the shopping mall

A bullet-riddled vehicle in the car park of the shopping mall

A visibly distressed woman is comforted after today's shooting in Alphen aan den Rijn

A visibly distressed woman is comforted after today's shooting in Alphen aan den Rijn

'There was glass everywhere,' the resident said. 'He was just shooting everywhere as if it were the Wild West.'
People in the town were devastated and the town's mayor's voice cracked as he described today's events at a press briefing

People in the town were devastated and the town's mayor's voice cracked as he described today's events at a press briefing

With his voice choking at times, Eenhoorn described the incident as a 'disaster of unparalleled proportions' for Alphen, known as a quiet suburb, and it was all the more shocking because it took place on one of the first sunny days of spring.

'Under these circumstances, with many people shopping at the Ridderhof today, including parents with children, it's an incomprehensible situation,' he said.

Queen Beatrix and Dutch prime minister Mark Rutte expressed their shock and sympathised with the victims and their families.

The Foreign Office said there were no reports of any British casualties.

Although rare, shootings and violence are not unknown in the Netherlands.

Among other incidents, in 1999, four students and a teacher were hurt in a school shooting and in 2004, a teacher was shot dead by a student.

The country has also seen two assassinations in the past decade, the 2002 killing of right wing politician Pim Fortuyn by an animal rights activist and the 2004 murder of filmmaker Theo van Gogh by an Islamic extremist.

In 2009, a loner drove his car into a group of bystanders during a royal parade, killing eight and wounding 10.

Gun permits are difficult to obtain, but illegal automatic weapons and ammunition are frequently seized during drug busts.
Armed police arrive at De Ridderhof mall in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, after a gunman went on a rampage

Armed police arrive at De Ridderhof mall in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, after a gunman went on a rampage

Witnesses described seeing a man carrying a machine gun and at least seven people are believed to have died

Witnesses described seeing a man carrying a machine gun and at least seven people are believed to have died

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-gun.html

Last edited by elfismiles on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Mass-Shooters Master Thread

Postby elfismiles » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:26 pm

elfismiles

Re: Spree-Killings Master Thread

Postby elfismiles » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Past RI Threads on this subject:

Unsolved Murders of the Napa Valley By Harry V. Martin - circa August 2005
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4852

7 Dead in Calif. Post Office Shooting - circa January 2006
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8384

Northern California shooting spree kills 1 - circa March 2006
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8416

Seattle Massacre - circa March 2006
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5015

"Muslim American" attacks Jewish Federation - circa July 2006
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5322

Shoppers slaughtered in rampage - circa February 2007
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10794

Mall Shooting in Omaha 1 Hr After Bush Lvs $raiser in Town - circa December 2007
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15036

Holy KeyWordHijack! Omaha Mall, Cloverfield & Heroes - circa December 2007
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15041

FOX News Hosts' Books Read By Knoxville Church Shooter - circa July 2008
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19532

Camo-clad gunman kills 3 swimmers in Wisconsin - circa August 2008
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19603

Epidemic Of 'Mind Control Murders' Plagues U.S.A. - circa August 2008
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19839

Man with 'painted' face kills children at Belgian nursery - circa January 2009
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22563

As Many as 13 dead in Upstate NY shooting - circa April 2009
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23486

Did Paranoid Right-Wing Media Fuel the Pittsburgh Cop Killer - circa April 2009
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23534

Military recruiter shot dead in Arkansas - circa June 2009
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24071

shooting at DC Holocaust museum - circa June 2009
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24189

12 dead in Fort Hood shooting spree - circa November 2009
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25770

Yet Another Office Shooting Rampage - circa November 2009
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25822

Major Hasan Of Fort Hood: A Patsy In A Drill Gone Live? - circa December 2009
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26331

Fatal shootout in the Las Vegas federal courthouse. - circa January 2010
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26504

Shooting in Austin at State Cap Building - circa January 2010
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26787

Latest Rage/Copycat Killing - English Cabbie Derrick Bird - circa June 2010
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28388

Another massacre in America (August 3 2010) - circa August 2010
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29082

Reports: Shooting at Army base in Texas - circa September 2010
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29518

Giffords shooting - circa January 2011 - @35 pages
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30805

Coming of the Copycat Bird Killings - circa January 2011
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30827
elfismiles

Postby Project Willow » Wed May 30, 2012 2:50 pm

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/shooting-suspect-large-north-seattle/nPHKd/

The shooting occurred at Cafe Racer in on Roosevelt Way near 58th Street.
Roosevelt High School, Eckstein Middle School and Green Lake Elementary are all on lockdown.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/30/multiple-people-shot-in-seattle-police-hunting-for-suspect/
02:32 PM ET

Two dead, at least three wounded in Seattle shooting

[Updated at 2:35 p.m. ET] Two people have been killed and three others wounded in a shooting at a Seattle cafe, police said Wednesday.

Police are currently searching for the suspect.

"Roosevelt way shooter was seen running away from the scene northbound," police wrote. "He was armed with a gun."
One victim has life threatening injuries, and two others are seriously wounded, according to the police department's Twitter feed.

The shootings occurred at Cafe Racer on Roosevelt Way in Northern Seattle, police said.
The suspect is described as a white male, between 30 and 40 years old, with a medium build, brown hair and a goatee or beard, police said.

CNN affiliate KIRO reported multiple ambulances, police officers and fire trucks were at the scene.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby justdrew » Wed May 30, 2012 4:42 pm

good lord, it's really getting nuts out there, I notice it seems family destroying murder suicides dont even make the national news so much anymore, just a week or two ago some asshole killed himself and his whole family here in Oregon, headline in local paper is the only coverage I saw of it.

welp. I've had enough of the doom and gloom for one day, redirecting my attention :eeyaa

:partyhat
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby 82_28 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:20 pm

OMFG. This is awful. . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:22 pm

5 dead now. It sounds like all were shot in the head??? Just watching TV, so don't know. Dude's on the loose somewhere. Closing the bar should be fun in my OCD head tonight. . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Project Willow » Wed May 30, 2012 5:24 pm

I am not going outside today...

Woman shot and killed on First Hill, police search West Seattle for suspect

Or maybe I'll come help you close the bar. :basicsmile
Project Willow

Postby 82_28 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:28 pm

They say he ditched the car and probably got on a Metro bus. Don't know if both are connected.. . .

Come on down if you want, PW. . .
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Apparently those targeted in the Cafe Racer shooting were part of this troupe/band according to someone I know who knew them:

http://www.circuscontraption.com/home.html
82_28

Postby Project Willow » Wed May 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Yep.

RIP, Drew, Joe.

Project Willow

Postby Project Willow » Wed May 30, 2012 6:00 pm

FUCK.
Project Willow

Postby Project Willow » Wed May 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Police say a man matching the description of a suspect who went on a shooting spree in Seattle, has shot himself.

They believe the man is responsible for a shooting at a Seattle cafe that killed 3 and wounded 2 as well as the fatal shooting of a woman in a downtown parking lot as part of a suspected carjacking.

"Police were searching an area in Southwest Seattle when a plainclothes detective saw what he believed to be the suspect," Seattle Police Assistant Chief James Pugel said at a news conference. He said once the suspect saw officers surround him, the suspected gunman knelt down and shot himself in the head.

"We strongly believe this is the person who committed the homicides," said Pugel. The man's clothing and other items he had on him also matched what witnesses saw on a suspect who later shot a woman and drove off in her SUV.

"We feel confident that unfortunately these shootings are all connected," but fortunately we have the suspect in custody," Pugel said. An ambulance took the man to the hospital.
Project Willow

Postby Peregrine » Wed May 30, 2012 8:55 pm

This is why I plan on moving the fuck out of the city in the very near future. It's like it's a beacon for deranged activity. Not that this does not affect smaller rural areas to a degree, but holy shit. Pardon my potty mouth...
~don't let your mouth write a cheque your ass can't cash~
Peregrine

Postby Project Willow » Wed May 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Oh, Lady P., the shite that goes down in less urban areas just lacks an exhibitionist flair, which to my mind makes it a bit more dangerous.

One thing that seems apparent to me today is that the cosmic PTB are still pissed as hell at Seattle artists. :shrug:

Yet again this community is in mourning.

FUCK.
Project Willow

Next

Return to General Discussion