Toynbee Ideas Resurrect Dead

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Toynbee Ideas Resurrect Dead

Postby elfismiles » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:58 am

Am pleased to have finally watched the doc on this...

Resurrect Dead - Trailer
http://www.resurrectdead.com
Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles. A documentary movie about a mysterious phenomenon in the streets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIWpJ5Jl4fE

RigInt Toynbee
search.php?keywords=toynbee

Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles (2011) - IMDb
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1787791/
Directed by Jon Foy. With Justin Duerr, Colin Smith, Steve Weinik. An urban mystery unfurls as one man pieces together the surreal meaning of hundreds of ...

Amazon.com: Resurrect Dead: Justin Duerr, Steve Weinik, Colin ...
http://www.amazon.com/Resurrect-Dead/dp/B005CL29Z6
Sep 1, 2011 - 88 min
Amazon.com: Resurrect Dead: Justin Duerr, Steve Weinik, Colin Smith, Jon Foy: Amazon Instant Video.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Toynbee Ideas Resurrect Dead

Postby Freitag » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:44 am

I saw this, it's epic, I loved it. Not only a fascinating story, but a great documentary. The obsession of the tiler reminds me of Francis E. Dec and HMW.
Freitag

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Hammer of Los » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:54 am

I ain't sure I got time to watch that.

Did he solve the mystery?

I gotta say, the point of my meditations has often returned to the following question;

What is the meaning of the Star Child?

I guess if I don't know, none of you lot are gonna either.

Yeah, I'm arrogant like that.

:lovehearts: :angelwings: :lovehearts:

ps I love elfis so much! I am in awe of anyone who worked on those old Ultima games. Do you still have an internet radio show? Put me on! Maybe folk can hear the voice of the Herald of the New Age! I will tell you about my strange paranormal experiences.

Hammer of Los

Postby elfismiles » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:20 am

Exactly Freitag!

So many elements of so many different interests / obsessions I've had end up as part of the mystery: Art, Viral / Stealth Marketing, Shortwave Pirate Broadcasting, Urban Legends, Synchromystic interconnections, Radio (Larry King Live), David Mamet, a Copycat Effect, Crowd Sourcing, Gum Shoe CyberSleuthing, Resurrection (zombies?!), Transcendence, Media, Mental Illness / Isolation, and on and on ...

Gosh... Thanks HoL! I recently ceased streaming my ten-plus year old webradio station and the last regular webradio show I was doing with Mack is still in the midst of an unannounced unofficial hiatus.

But I've often desired to get one or more RigInters on the air together for focused discussions and rambling conversations by such an informed cadre of netizens. Send me PM ... we should talk.

ps - I never actually worked on any of the ultima games - I was Origin System Inc.'s "software librarian" (though I'm not a formally trained librarian either). Great bunch of folks though.
elfismiles

Postby harry ashburn » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Hammer.. you're right about Elfis. I've long suspected he's cloned himself to do the work of 10 activists! I was so sorry to lose his internet show, but not surprising that flying too close to the sun will singe your feathers, if not melt your wax.....
A skeleton walks into a bar. Orders a beer, and a mop. -anon
harry ashburn

Postby elfismiles » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:46 pm

No worries Harry ... dont' be surprised if the radio show RESURRECTS itself sooner or later.

In the meantime, I meant to add that among the DVD extras on this documentary are short bits that didn't make it into the film dealing with:

SPIRICOM
search.php?keywords=spiricom
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Forgot about Jeff's use of the tile images...

Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Signs of the Times
http://rigint.blogspot.com/2007/07/signs-of-times.html
elfismiles

Postby Luther Blissett » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:53 pm

I can remember the manifesto tile - it's long-gone now though. I love to entertain the idea that any amount of it is true. Knight Ridder is a terrible force and were involved in plenty of activities that straddled the transition from traditional organized crime to corporate criminality that directly followed.

It's wild to know that the break-in part was actually true. I know the block and would love to take a Monday off and post up at 4am on a Sunday to try to meet him, but that reeks too closely of the sinister.

This film is great for any activist though - it's an incredible case study in how to actually uncover the uncoverable, despite being about something safe.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:54 pm

I really didn't enjoy the movie, which surprised me.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Luther Blissett » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:I really didn't enjoy the movie, which surprised me.

Wow, that is surprising. Do you know why, or was it something you couldn't quite put your finger on?
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Overall, I think it was because I expected the film to be about it's ostensible subject, and instead saw something that was about people who were interested in the subject. I just consistently wanted the characters to get out of the way. I guess I just know too many people like Justin.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Luther Blissett » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:17 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:Overall, I think it was because I expected the film to be about it's ostensible subject, and instead saw something that was about people who were interested in the subject. I just consistently wanted the characters to get out of the way. I guess I just know too many people like Justin.

That does make a lot of sense. I was annoyed by the characters as they were discussing pigeons, and I assumed that they would come back to it. Spoiler:But, it was a tidy way to explain that they never actually got in touch with the tiler - because Justin empathized with him. Though Justin is a very typical 90's south street punk dude, I did like watching the process. I have only one personal, small-time "detective project" that I feel compelled to solve - as a result I very much identified with that storyline despite being fundamentally different from Justin.

I would have liked to have seen more of the Minority Association documents. I'm sure there was some great material.
Luther Blissett

Postby elfismiles » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:43 am

Wow wombat, sorry you didn't get more out of it. Were you aware of most of the facts behind the story? I was largely unaware of many / most of the details put forth in the film.

I suppose I can grok your perspective on the films use of the scooby-team and yes, I'd certainly like to have seen more on the Minority Assoc. but for me, so much more of the back-story tapestry was revealed that I could look past those inadequacies.
elfismiles

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:56 am

A big part of it was writing jobs I've done in the past for production teams that got gutted for the same reason: they said that everything is, essentially, a story and stories need relatable main characters. I would say, as I still do, that history itself offers everything you fucking need. I would also say that people should be trying to "relate to" something outside of their comfort zones, like Moshe Dayan or Frank Carlucci or Winston Churchill -- gnarled, problematic, fundamentally unknowable actual heroes. I don't mean "heroes" as in some simplistic good guys moral construct but heroes in terms of people who want more and go further than your average mammal does. That, to me, is the value of history: the spectrum of human potential that it opens up.

I've poured many months of sweat into a few projects that grew into something smaller, but I also recognize that I was a contract employee on Someone Else's Vision.

I'll get into making my own in another few months here. Waiting is.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:15 pm

Kill The Messenger, Resurrect The Dead (VIDEO)
Posted on July 18, 2013 by Clyde Lewis in Articles
KILL THE MESSENGER,
RESURRECT THE DEAD

This morning as I was toiling around the Internet for various strange stories I happened upon a story out of my old home town of Salt Lake City. It was a report that was filed by an old colleague of mine, Bob Evans of Fox Channel 13, about a strange message that was found embedded in the busy intersection of Second South and State Street.

I used to frequent that area often because in the vicinity was one of my favorite movie theaters and an old coffee stop called Lambs Restaurant. As far as I know there is still a Carl’s Junior on the corner there and it is a major bus stop area for commuters who use the Utah Transit Authority.

The message reads “House of Hades, Tiles Made from the Ground Bones of Journalists.” There is also a subtitle beneath the tile that reads “Plague+ Famine To them all“.

The cryptic message was in the form of what has been called a Toynbee Tile, a mysterious artifact that has shown up on city streets from Philadelphia to South America. As far as I know there have been two of these Toynbee tiles found in my area of Portland, Oregon and one of them is similar to the one found in Utah with the threat to journalists.

When I saw the tile today I got chills because the Toynbee tiles have been wrapped in mystery for decades and no one knows who is behind them and there are some that believe that there is a cult that creates them as cosmic markers to warn people of apocalyptic events that are transpiring.

The first of the Toynbee tiles showed up in the 1980’s and many of them seemed to be connected to the movie ‘2001: A Space Odyssey‘ and a play by David Mamet called ‘4:00 AM‘.

According to a Wired magazine expose, there are suspects: a Philadelphia resident, James Morasco, is often thought to be the originator of these plaques — possibly in an attempt to proliferate his conspiracy theories, or maybe to advance a theory promoting exploration, colonization, or “resurrection” of humanity on the planet Jupiter. But Mr. Morasco passed away in 2003, and hundreds of tiles have cropped up since then. Most of the signs still refer to Stanley Kubrick’s film ’2001: A Space Odyssey’, the historian Arnold J. Toynbee after whom the tiles get their name, and the fifth planet from our Sun; but the tone of the inscriptions, their sizes and the format of their lettering has varied greatly at times.

However, there have been new tiles being placed on busy streets from a group called House of Hades that are particularly harsh to journalists. Recently, there were two tiles that were considered vandalism in Kansas and were removed by city crews. One of the tiles about 1 by two feet was found in downtown Topeka and its inscription read “House of Hades, One Man Versus American Media In Society 2011 Its been Fun.”

The recent one spotted in Salt Lake City speaking of dead journalists seemed to be an awful coincidence when you consider the tragic story of the death of Michael Hastings of Rolling Stone magazine.

I know that there are occasions when I can get creeped out by circumstantial cosmic signposts especially as I have been speaking of harbingers and indicators that there is trouble afoot. What I once thought was harmless may not be so harmless after all and I made mention of this when I spoke about Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

The conversation over the controversy kind of detoured into something that I did not plan on and that was the mentioning of the death of Michael Hastings, a journalist who wrote for Rolling Stone and was killed in a crash in Los Angeles.

Hastings was an award-winning journalist and realized that his words were very powerful. As writer for both Buzzfeed and Rolling Stone he was able to write expose’s that would put his target’s feet to the fire. It may or may not be known by the casual observer that Hastings had an exclusive interview with Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, he also did a controversial story on Hillary Clinton.

Hastings’s also did a scathing article on General Stanley McChrystal back in 2010 that created so much controversy that McChrystal was forced to resign. It was speculated that this alone would create some enemies and Hastings was the type of reporter that had his colleagues frightened for his safety.

According to Buzzfeed staff, Hastings sent out an e-mail that raised an eyebrow of concern by his friends. The e-mail read:

“Hey (NAME WITHHELD) the Feds are interviewing my “close friends and associates.” Perhaps if the authorities arrive “BuzzFeed GQ,” er HQ, may be wise to immediately request legal counsel before any conversations or interviews about our news-gathering practices or related journalism issues.
Also: I’m onto a big story, and need to go off the rada[r] for a bit.

All the best, and hope to see you all soon.

Michael”

Less than 24 hours later, Michael Hastings’s car smashed into a tree on Hollywood Avenue and burst into flames. He died immediately.

Immediately, the thought of a conspiracy to wipe out Michael Hastings was underway.

The death of Hastings happened just before I had surgery and I really did not have a chance to investigate it further, I only had the moment of a chilling feeling that a journalist was silenced in what I have been calling America’s ‘Dirty War’.

I had no time for any I told you so’s or really a way to investigate much of what Hastings was up too, but it was later reported that Hastings was working on a story about General Petraeus and the real reason he was forced to step down. Many were curious as to whether or not it would be a nail in the coffin of the Obama administration since in the past Hastings spoke of psy-ops happening in America and his last story for Buzzfeed about the illegal spying of American citizens by the NSA.

Hastings car hit a tree and the engine was ejected 100 feet which many say was highly unusual for a Mercedes. It is believed that he was driving 100 miles an hour when he hit the tree head on without stop.

Traffic cams allegedly caught his vehicle screaming through red lights on the way to his death.

Former U.S. National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism Richard Clarke told The Huffington Post that what is known about the single-vehicle crash is “consistent with a car cyber attack.”

Clarke said, “There is reason to believe that intelligence agencies for major powers” — including the United States — know how to remotely seize control of a car. “What has been revealed as a result of some research at universities is that it’s relatively easy to hack your way into the control system of a car, and to do such things as cause acceleration when the driver doesn’t want acceleration, to throw on the brakes when the driver doesn’t want the brakes on, to launch an air bag,” Clarke told The Huffington Post.

Was it a hit? Was Hastings a target and died because of some sort of hacking of his vehicle?

Hastings’ body was reportedly cremated by Los Angeles authorities against his family’s wishes which would destroy any evidence that Hastings may have been on drugs or alcohol.

The paranormal world we now live in is by design. It is a program being used to breed uncertainty about your core beliefs. It maligns the curious, it kills inspiration and imagination and it attempts to deprogram those among the populace who believes that there is a conspiracy against their liberty.

Many times on my program I have discussed my experiences during the Dirty War in Argentina, and how you can determine that you are in the middle of a dirty war.

I know that the topic has struck the thin nerves of those that are in denial of the lack of harmony with the current administration; however, the more I read about the image and action parameters of our current situation, the argument that we are experiencing a shard psychosis of a satanic conspiracy is compelling.

The first targets in a dirty war are members of the media, such as talk show hosts and newspaper columnists, as well as artists and performers: those most likely to express dissatisfaction with the status quo and have their opinions heard.

I know that I have spoken of this many times and I think now it is time to pay attention.

http://www.groundzeromedia.org/kill-the ... -the-dead/

http://fox13now.com/author/kstubobevans/

Mysterious message appears in Salt Lake City street
Posted on: 10:25 pm, July 17, 2013, by Caroline Connolly, updated on: 10:34pm, July 17, 2013

SALT LAKE CITY — A message that has been showing up on city streets around the world recently popped up in Salt Lake City. It’s a mysterious image known as a Toynbee Tile, a small square containing a cryptic message for the public.

The image has been painted onto roadways for decades, but to date, no one has been able to figure out who is behind it all.

Recently, one appeared at the intersection of State Street and 200 South, conveying a message that read, “House of Hades. Tiles made from the ground bones of dead journalists.”

The quote has been appearing on painted tiles for years, but is actually a copycat of the original tile, which is believed to have first been painted on the streets of Philadelphia in the ‘80s.

“The mystery of it all, that’s the hook,” said Aaron Ballard, who was passing by the intersection in downtown Salt Lake.

In 2011, a documentary titled “Resurrect Dead” followed the efforts of a group from Philadelphia who attempted to uncover the mystery surrounding the tiles. According to their research, the original Toynbee Tile may have come from a man who believed in the theories of a historian named Arthur Toynbee, who wrote that life could be resurrected.

The first tile that appeared carried a message reading, “Toynbee Idea Movie 2001 Resurrect Dead Plan Jupiter.” The image then began to spread to other states and countries, including Brazil, Argentina and Chile. In many instances, it took on different slogans, as copycat artists began to emerge, much like the one in Salt Lake City.

“Maybe it’s a commentary on journalists and how they’re ruining the world,” Ballard said.

His theory was reiterated by others who passed by the tile, Wednesday.

“Someone is probably mad at the media, trying to take a stab at them,” Kendall Bitton said.

Whatever the motivation, the public can only speculate about the state of mind of the person behind it all and their message that has spread all over the world.

http://fox13now.com/2013/07/17/mysterio ... ty-street/
elfismiles

Next

Return to General Discussion