Mind Kontrol Themes on TeleVision

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Mind Kontrol Themes on TeleVision

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:07 pm

"There was an unpleasant side to it which I never really understood. There was something about it that was very strange and sinister."

That quote is from the fucking director of Joe 90, Desmond Saunders. SOURCE

Seems like quite a statement, no? Kinda like how Gerry Anderson's first company was "Pentagon Films" in 1957.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby operator kos » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Hammer of Los wrote:...

Joe 90.

Big RAT?

World Intelligence Network?

Child assassins?

Multiple personalities?

Boy oh boy when Joe comes out of the BIG RAT do his eyes look glazed over;

The spinning cage thing immediately reminded me of the Dreamachine of William S. Burroughs, Brion Gysin, and Ian Sommerville.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamachine

The device uses the flicker effect to create brainwave changes in the viewer. I met a guy once who had a helmet which produced similar effects couple with sound frequencies. Never got to see the thing in action, which is probably for the best. He *cough* may also have been a member of the OTO, Temple of Set, and military intelligence.
operator kos

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:58 pm

^^Did he want to talk Star Wars with you, too?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby justdrew » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:^^Did he want to talk Star Wars with you, too?

you're thinking of the "mcveigh justification" ?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Project Willow » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:25 pm

wiki wrote:he is able to execute such missions as operating fighter aircraft,[e 1][e 2][e 3][e 4] blasting off into space[e 5] and performing advanced neurosurgery,[e 6] all the while appearing to be an innocent schoolboy to the enemies of WIN.

Extraordinary. A lot of us were put through some kind of basic military training, and those of us who were run through NASA in the late 60's and early 70's were put through various of the astronaut training regimens, though I wonder if some of these weren't used purely for torture.

It might be interesting to compile pop references to kids in space.

Op Kos wrote:The device uses the flicker effect to create brainwave changes in the viewer. I met a guy once who had a helmet which produced similar effects couple with sound frequencies. Never got to see the thing in action, which is probably for the best. He *cough* may also have been a member of the OTO, Temple of Set, and military intelligence.

:scared:

Did he mention its vintage?
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby justdrew » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:52 pm

link to old thread on this, Joe90+

Flickman said in 2008 he SOUGHT OUT such CIA assistance...

21 Aug 2008 00:35
The director sought assistance from UFO experts, the military, and CIA advisers to shape the elements of the film. :shock: [8] (now footnote 19)

He added that, as fantastical as the film is, he strove for a sense of reality, and sought out UFO experts and military and CIA advisers for assistance.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/893/893415p1.html
justdrew

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:00 pm

justdrew wrote:

No idea what that is and google isn't helping. What? I was referring to the Star Wars fanfic of Michael Aquino.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Alf » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Hello, regarding the helmet creating brainwave changes using the flicker effect, could be this dreammachine:

No living American writer has influenced rock'n'roll songwriters more than William Burroughs. Of the stars who have paid homage to Burroughs, none made as strong an impression on him as Kurt Cobain. It therefore came as a surprise to the editors of HIGH TIMES when on December 17, 1994, the magazine received a fax from a Seattle-based group, "Friends Understanding Kurt," laying partial blame for Cobain's suicide on the master himself.

The gist of the charge was that in the last months of his life, Cobain acquired a device called the Dream Machine, which had been created by Burroughs' friend and collaborator Brion Gysin and popularized by Burroughs. The Dream Machine, the group wrote, is "a dangerous trance-inducing contraption," and there has been a "string of suicides associated with the machine since the '60s." Furthermore, they claimed, it was "in fact, the catalyst in Kurt's unbelievably tragic, untimely death. To this day Courtney ponders whether the Dream Machine is really responsible for Kurt's death...If Kurt had not come into contact with its manufacturer, he would be with us today."

The Dream Machine consists of a cardboard cylinder with holes in it attached to a record-player turntable, in the middle of which sits a 100-watt light bulb. When the machine is turned on, the cylinder spins at 78 rpm. Subjects sit in front of the cylinder and close their eyes, and the light reflects through the holes in the spinning cylinder on the eyelids. The resulting flashes of light may, if the subjects are susceptible, create a mild sensation akin to the effect of the simplest light show. Aided by the inhalation of good pot and the sound of hot rock, the device might create at best a mild dreamlike sensation, or at worst (unless you're prone to epileptic seizures) an even milder headache. It's an adaptation of flicker technology, first seen with strobe lights and now packaged as brain machines.

Burroughs once said about the Dream Machine, "Subjects report dazzling lights and unearthly brilliance and color...Elaborate geometric constructions of incredible intricacy build up from multidimensional mosaic into living fireballs like the mandalas of Eastern Mysticism or resolve momentarily into apparently individual images and powerfully dramatic scenes like brightly colored dreams."

Following up the same fax, SOMA, the San Francisco "journal of Left Coast culture," found Steve Newman, a representative of Friends Understanding Kurt, who claimed Cobain had used the Dream Machine for "up to 72 hours at a time." Newman said the core of FUK was himself, Love, Love's attorney Celeste Mitchell and other friends of Cobain's, as well as various peripheral members." Love, he explained, played more of a "low-key role." HIGH TIMES' efforts to contact FUK were unsuccessful. Interview requests made through Love's record company, Geffen, and publicity agency, PMK, about this subject, were not answered. An attempt to acquire photos taken during Cobain's visit to Burroughs' home in Lawrence, KS in 1993--that had been given to Rosemary Carroll, Love's principal attorney--also didn't merit a return call.

However, we did locate David Woodard, the San Francisco businessman who manufactures and sells replicas of Gysin and Burroughs' Dream Machine for $145. In an interview conducted by Victor Bockris for HIGH TIMES, Woodard contended that Cobain called him as many as 20 times over a period of six months during 1993 and 1994 to talk about his life and the Dream Machine. "I got the sense that he was using it for long periods, but 72 hours? That's ludicrous."

Woodard met Cobain at a party in Seattle in the summer of 1993. He prefers not to detail the specifics of how and when Kurt bought the machine. According to the fax, "Woodard honorably complied with Kurt's very sincere wish, promptly and professionally shipping a freshly minted machine to Madrone [Seattle]: The state of California does not prohibit the sale of this fancy death machine to desperate young millionaires."

Surprisingly, Woodard admits that the Dream Machine may have compounded Cobain's problems. "If anything," he says, "the Dream Machine helped him to see that he was beginning to fall apart as a cultural figure. He felt like Andy Warhol, Wagner and Satan rolled up into one. He was in a very special place which invited timely suicide. It seemed like it was the perfect decision."

Does Woodard concede that the device he sold Cobain contributed to his death? "I pictured the suicide as being informed by an inner voice which was made audible through his experiences with the Dream Machine," he explains. "Yes, the Dream Machine played a part."

Perhaps Cobain knew what he was doing. Woodard leaves us with this image of his 27-year-old disciple: Kurt's in a full-scale Dream Machine-induced trance, his body hurtling from the glittering Manhattan skyline to a panorama of snowcapped Himalayas. His turquoise eyes are wide open. He's above the clouds now, contemplating the next stop on this magic carpet ride. Suddenly, he blasts off into deep blue space.

The controversy over what effect a psychedelic light machine had on Kurt Cobain during the last days of his life may be a smokescreen that plays into the hands of those who would have us believe he took his life two years ago. Tom Grant calls the fax a "confusion tactic" and "a futile effort to throw a blanket of deception over the truth." He clearly believes Friends Understanding Kurt is Courtney Love.

Hopefully, this article will stimulate discussion and lead to more revelations from those who really know what happened to Kurt Cobain and why he is no longer with us.

http://ricesj.tripod.com/dream.htm

I remember reading the above article years ago and wondering about it.
Alf

Postby operator kos » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:
justdrew wrote:

No idea what that is and google isn't helping. What? I was referring to the Star Wars fanfic of Michael Aquino.

Wasn't aware that Aquino wrote Star Wars fanfic, but that's kinda funny and also fits with my image of guys like him. I picture some of these occult-group guys as nerdy outcasts whose secrets and ceremonies give them a sense of prestige and superiority they missed out on in high school. It's usually the overly intellectual, socially/empathy-stunted individuals who are able to adopt an anything-goes philosophy. Just my guess as to how some of them justify molesting kids, etc.

But to actually answer your question, no SW references from this guy I met. Hey did show me a video of a guest spot on some TV show one time demonstrating (mild) enhanced interrogation techniques and how (supposedly) difficult it was to resist them. So there was that.

The McVeigh reference is lost on me as well, I'm afraid.
operator kos

Postby operator kos » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Alf wrote:Hello, regarding the helmet creating brainwave changes using the flicker effect, could be this dreammachine:

I remember reading the above article years ago and wondering about it.

Always interesting when occultism bleeds over into pop culture. Hadn't heard that story before, so thanks. I didn't actually get a chance to see the helmet, I was just told about it. He had some name for it, but I forget. Apparently you could adjust the flicker rate of the visor over a wide range to stimulate various types of brain waves (alpha, beta, delta, etc). I know less about how the sound waves played in.

EDIT for clarity: There was a researcher 10+ years ago who used a helmet employing electromagnetic pulses to give people visions of god. Not the same thing I'm talking about here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet
Last edited by operator kos on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
operator kos

Postby justdrew » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:01 pm

Wombaticus Rex wrote:
justdrew wrote:

oh, well apparently when McVeigh was being questioned about how he could justify blowing up a building full of people, he said it was just like Luke blowing up the death star, which no doubt had plenty of "innocent" workers and such on it, yet it had to be done.

but yes, Aquino's reworking of the Empire as poor put-upon victim is classic, and we see it playing out in Republican politics every day still.
justdrew

Postby dada » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Anyone can make a dream machine. All you need is a record player, a piece of cardboard, and a lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. If you don't have that you can ride a bus on a highway that runs alongside trees at sunset. And if you don't have that, you can wave your fingers in front of your eyes while looking at the sun. I'm doing it right now. I had a rough day so far, but it's not making me feel suicidal, not even a little.

I've been researching these 'brain machines' recently, looking for something that will help me maximize my break time during the multiple day video game marathons. I haven't ordered anything yet, but there are a few that seem interesting. I never heard about them being dangerous. Sounds like urban myth. Or I guess with these things, you get what you put into it. Like Luke in the cave by yoda's house. Sorry, more star wars.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby operator kos » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:57 pm

dada wrote:If you don't have that you can ride a bus on a highway that runs alongside trees at sunset. And if you don't have that, you can wave your fingers in front of your eyes while looking at the sun. I'm doing it right now. I had a rough day so far, but it's not making me feel suicidal, not even a little.

I don't know about the suicide claims in the article above, but you can't compare the random flicker of light through tree branches or a minute of finger waving to staring into the consistent pattern of the machine for 20 minutes.

dada wrote:I've been researching these 'brain machines' recently, looking for something that will help me maximize my break time during the multiple day video game marathons.

Seriously?
operator kos

Postby DrVolin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Gerry Anderson's series consistently have highly riginty elements. Watch UFO for a start. But even the apparently more naive children's series such as Stingray deal with a secret war between humans and a sentient undersea species. Captain Scarlet brings that theme to space for a secret war (started by humans!) between humans and the Mysterons who have a presence on Mars but don't seem to be from there. The Mysterons can destroy something on earth (person, vehicle, etc) and replace it with a perfect replica to carry out their designs. The accidentally indestructible Captain Scarlet, the result of a failed replication by the Mysterons, (along with his Spectrum buddies, Blue, Green, White, etc) tries to stop them.

The characters in these series all exist at the level of the deep state, either in a super secret para governmental organization (SHADO in UFO, Spectrum in Captain Scarlet, etc), in a semi-private but ultra connected corporation (International Rescue in Thunderbirds), or even as individual operators lending their services to the deep state (Professor McClaine in Joe 90, Lady Penelope in Thunderbirds). In Supercar, the prototype for all the series to follow, especially Thunderbirds, it isn't even clear who the team is working for, if anyone. It is obvious that they play a role in keeping the world a better place, but we don't know on whose behalf. They just fly the Supercar from crisis to crisis from their Black Mesa, Nevada base.

A couple of generation of UK, Commonwealth, and European kids (including myself) grew up on these shows up to and including Space 1999. Now that I think of it, there are a couple of things that might give pause here. Gerry Anderson has always said that he was inspired to feature all these amazing vehicles by the fact that his older brother Lionel had flown Mosquitos during WWII. I believe he disappeared while flying a Window (early radar countermeasures) over the Channel in support of a bomber raid. So big brother was flying the equivalent of today's black ops. Sylvia Anderson's first husband was a German POW whom I think she married while he was still interned, but I would have to look that up. Of course, then there is the formidable Lew Grade whose ITC played a determining role in the Andersons' career, and who was most certainly connected. Food for thought, but I hadn't partaken until now.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Hammer of Los wrote:...

Joe 90.

Big RAT?

World Intelligence Network?

Child assassins?

Multiple personalities?

Boy oh boy when Joe comes out of the BIG RAT do his eyes look glazed over;

I loved this show when I was young.

I used to pretend I was Joe.

Nowadays I think; only ninety?

I split infinitely.

My eyes glaze over just like Joe's.

Anyone care to do the research on Gerry and Sylvia?

I bet there's a thread on them somewhere else.

Well now I understand the reference to "Gerry and Sylvia" ( the vaguely insectoid aliens featured occasionally on MST3K). Thanks I think.That show looks even weirder than HR Puffenstuf. And Puffenstuf disturbed the shit out of me.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion