Connecticut Elementary School Massacre

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Connecticut Elementary School Massacre

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 am

justdrew wrote:I actually expected the crazy-spin on this would have been that lanza evanded the kill team in his home and then raced to the school to try to stop the real shooters, but got heroically killed in the effort... I guess this 'no kids died' or whatever thing is even better since no doubt all the dead have long paper trails behind them that proves not only their existence, but the current lack of ongoing metabolic processes.

You're under the influence of the old modernism, with its heroic individualism, desire for coherent narrative, and striving for knowledge in the form of logically consistent "answers." Ironically this results in an uncertain mix of different possible answers. Post-modern conspiracy theory has dispensed with all that. There are no answers. Nothing can ever be said to actually "happen." We are all in Plato's Coffin, hearing dull echoes through the ground. The story is short and always the same.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby geogeo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Nordic wrote:I've avoided this thread for a few days because of Lupercal (waste of time) but I just checked back in.

I have not decided one way or another what this thing was. I deliberately avoided even looking at the news for a good week after it happened. Just hearing about it was horrific enough. I also didn't want my kid to find out about it. Just a couple of days ago he finally heard about the Dark Knight Rises shootings (thanks, world).

Anyway, there is certainly some fishy shit around this thing. And that one father, the one who's smiling and laughing before "getting into character" and giving his press conference -- that's one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.

And I came across this today, checking out news sources:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/09/f ... -happened/

Check out the headline:

Florida professor defends theory that Newtown shootings never happened

Versus what the story actually says:

“In terms of saying that Sandy Hook — the Newtown massacre — did not take place, is really an oversimplification of what I actually said,” he explained. “I said that I think that there may very well be elements of that event that are synthetic to some degree, that are somewhat contrived. I think that, overall, the media really did drop the ball. I don’t think that they got to the bottom of some of the things that may have taken place there.”

As for the deaths of 20 elementary children, the professor said, “I think that most likely that took place.”

But, before you get to that rather interesting quote, you get this:

On Tuesday, WPTV caught up with Tracy, who also doubts the official versions President John F. Kennedy’s assassination, the Oklahoma City bombing, the Sept. 11 terrorists attacks and the mass shooting at a theater in Aurora, Colorado last year.

And this from a supposedly "progressive" news source.

Again, I have no idea what really happened, but .... as someone mentioned above ..... there are people out there who would do this. Just because they could. Just for shits and grins, just as a test to see what happened, for future reference. The people who did 9/11 will do ANYTHING. They got away with it, and they'll get away with it again, and they will continue to do unfathomably evil shit JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN.

story today prominently discusses Fetzer, who says it was a Mossad op, and Tracy. I looked up Tracy because CIA was big into helping fund and form Communications Studies back in the day and this guy is really fishy, but his PhD from Iowa was impeccable, labor-related; he's not some recent convert to this stuff. This because I'm wondering if this is going to get legs, whether there will be a movement to have him fired--making conspiracy theory not OK in academe. I'm been worried about this for years as I'm an academic myself.
as below so above
geogeo

Postby geogeo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:27 pm

THIS is what's scaring me! It seems, though, that the comments go toward 1st Amendment rights. I put a few comments in brackets. But even if we aren't going to be banned from talking about wild conspiracy theories, one way or another, by design or not, this is REALLY going to end up with a backlash. I mean, denying the Moon landings is one thing, but denying that children died is absolute lunacy. What, you're one of those whackos?

http://news.yahoo.com/public-university-professors-join-ranks-sandy-hook-conspiracy-075826752.html

Two professors at mainstream, respected state universities [WTF--are there such things as non-mainstream state universities?] are advocating conspiracy theories about the Dec. 14 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

James Tracy, a tenured associate professor of media history Florida Atlantic University and a one-time union leader, has claimed that the school shooting didn’t happen as it was widely reported and perhaps didn’t happen at all, the South Florida Sun Sentinel reports.

“As documents relating to the Sandy Hook shooting continue to be assessed and interpreted by independent researchers, there is a growing awareness that the media coverage of the massacre of 26 children and adults was intended primarily for public consumption to further larger political ends,” Tracy wrote on his blog, according to the Sun-Sentinel.

Tracy said he believes that the Sandy Hook shooting could have been constructed to increase public support for gun control.

He has authored a report showing, he says, how a mélange of federal agencies, state agencies and major media outlets could have framed 20-year-old Adam Lanza as a lone, methodical gunman when, in fact, several additional people were involved. [Everything this guy is writing is cleverly copied from others who came up with it a week or more before he wrote it]

The FAU professor has also alleged that some kind of training exercise gone awry could have caused the carnage at Sandy Hook. “Was this a drill?” he has asked, according to the Sun-Sentinel.

Tracy bases his skepticism on several pieces of evidence: an uncertain timeline, an absence of surveillance video and still photographs from the event, the awkward conduct of a medical examiner during a news conference and his suspicion that Lanza could not have fired so many rounds so quickly.

The Sun-Sentinel reports that Tracy also has a hard time believing the official story because he hasn’t seen the dead bodies or pictures of the dead bodies. [HOLOCAUST DENIER]

“Overall, I’m saying the public needs more information to assess what took place,” Tracy said. “We don’t have that.” [No Shit--it's an ongoing investigation]

The administration at FAU does not endorse Tracy’s point of view, the Sun-Sentinel notes.

Meanwhile, as Campus Reform reports, a professor emeritus at the University of Minnesota Duluth believes that Israel’s legendary national intelligence agency carried out the Sandy Hook shootings.

Dr. James H. Fetzer made the bizarre allegation in late December in an op-ed in Press TV, an English language news outlet run by Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, Iran’s state-owned media corporation.

Fetzer, who is now retired but retains a university email address, a webpage, and the title of emeritus with UMD, theorizes that Mossad death squads perpetrated the bloodbath.

“The Sandy Hook massacre appears to have been a psy op intended to strike fear in the hearts of Americans by the sheer brutality of the massacre,” he wrote.

The former Marine, who attended Princeton as an undergraduate, believes the ultimate aim of the operation is to achieve a ban on assault rifles in preparation for “a massive civil war against the American people.”

“What better excuse could there be for banning assault weapons than the massacre of 20 innocent children at Sandy Hook Elementary School?” he asked.

What really happened, Fetzer suggests, is that Lanza and his mother were killed on Dec. 13. Then, local police picked up Adam’s body. “He was attired in a SWAT outfit, including body armor, and stored in the school.”

Fetzer then explained his belief that three men entered the school: Two were arrested, while the third managed to escape. “You can find this on helicopter videos.”

Both Tracy and Fetzer Tracy have expressed doubts concerning the official versions of other major incidents, including the Kennedy assassination, the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and last year’s mass shooting at a Batman movie screening in Aurora, Colorado.

By all indications, only Fetzer blames machinations by the Israeli government for any world atrocities.

Fetzer is a noted Kennedy conspiracy theorist who claims that the Zapruder film is a fabrication, according to the Spartanburg Herald-Journal. He also believes that the attacks of September 11 were orchestrated by a secret cabal within the Bush administration, Minnesota’s City Pages reports.
as below so above
geogeo

Postby geogeo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Well, at least this one only has one signature: http://signon.org/sign/censure-professor-james. I mean, it's not like he wants to take away our guns!
as below so above
geogeo

Postby DrVolin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:09 pm

The only detectable psyop here is Fetzer himself. He is one of the major vectors for mind viruses that immunize reasonable but inquisitive people against any questioning of official versions of events. He has really gone into high gear now as the 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination approaches. See his recent 'research' with Ralph Cinque at the Education Forum and other places.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby compared2what? » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:52 pm

I don't know if Tracy is an op or something else. But at the very least, he's a guy with an impeccable labor-related PhD. from Iowa who doesn't have the common sense that god gave geese. Because that's what he'd have to be to write this...

With the exception of an unusual and apparently contrived appearance by Emilie Parker’s alleged father, victims’ family members have been almost wholly absent from public scrutiny.

...without wondering whether making family members broadly aware of the fact that the consensus standard that has to be met before people start alleging that they're impostors is "when the idea that it's possible crosses someone's mind" might just have a little something to do with their not subjecting themselves to public scrutiny.

Because, you know. There is a significant distinction between the impression that something's true and a confirmed fact. And it doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to see that when you can't exclude the possibility that you're talking about someone who really did just lose a child to violence, publicly stripping him of his identity as a father is something he'll probably experience as too brutal to make further media exposure worth the risk.

Tracy's just not an asset to people seeking any form of truth or justice therefore, imo. And although it would be interesting to know why, for sure, it's not really a requisite.

I mean, he could just be a very silly person when operating outside his field. Or even in it. You know the types.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:36 pm

If there is a deeper story here than of a rampage killing and suicide by Adam Lanza, and if there is therefore a cover-up effort underway,* then an essential step in such a cover up would be to attack, inspire disgust, and strike fear among those who would be most motivated and have the most standing to question the events: the victims.

Did you guys learn nothing from 9/11, from the way images of family members and survivors were heroized even as the real ones were painted as grifters and traumatized fools in the MSM and by the likes of Limbaugh and Coulter, and also accused of being phantasms by the "truthseeking" no-planes/no victims group around Haupt, Thorn, Siegel, Smart, Webfairy, Fetzer et al.?

It is almost as important to impeach all of the available evidence, mock all loose ends and hints as insufficiently smoking gun (because they don't point to the Mossad or Satan or whoever). All genuine available evidence should be said to consist of fake pictures, CGI, fake bullet holes, fake debris, fake testimonies, etc., or worst of all: "Limited Hangout," something of interest only to "Gatekeepers."

In short, no one should have anything to start a case with.

Tracy is either a motherfucker getting off on post-modern transgression or, if there is something deeper to the Lanza story, then he is very likely working for "them." (Okay, I suppose brain damage is an additional possibility. It's all-too-common and forgivable.)

Certainly Fetzer has been one of "them" for ages, although I expect he is merely keeping himself in the press in the course of his primary mission of putting the stink and crazy on JFK and 9/11. Here again, he impeaches actual evidence: The Zapruder film is a fabrication, just as all photos from the Pentagon were set-ups, the rescue personnel themselves mere actors.

Remember that 10 years ago 80 percent of US humans reasonably thought the Dallas lone gunman story was bollocks. Because they're not total idiots, because they understand the obvious on a visceral level, because so many of them still remembered how Mafia Guy threw himself at Fake Defector Guy on Live Fucking TV in the Fucking Police Station. Watch for 50th anniversary polls to find the number of people who believe the official story has gone up, along with the number of people born since then who don't think it means anything anyway. So much energy has been put into a) creating ridicule of the obvious and b) surrounding the obvious with many layers of Nutso to ridicule.

Remember too that during the 9/11 truthiness effort Fetzer was passionately defended as a worthy ally in the name of unity by the fuzzy-eminent Dr. Griffin and, of course, the Barrett buffoon. And loads of you lot who are reading this fell for both of those characters, and are still falling for the full load, for all I know.

Isn't it time you would-be conspiracists stopped being patsies? You think something stinks about the official Sandy Hook story? Well in that case you should expect deception and false leads, right? What would that look like? If you think the Truth is missing, show some discipline in your approach to the evidence. Act like real investigators. Avoid the buffoons.

---

* - Neither of which I believe, but I am pointing something out about that eventuality, if it were true.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby compared2what? » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:03 pm

JackRiddler wrote:
In short, Tracy is either a motherfucker getting off on transgression or, if there is something deeper to the Lanza story, then he is very likely working for "them."

Still don't know which, myself. But I think there's another route to "something deeper" that you're overlooking. Because it was obviously going to be a gun thing from the second it happened. And we are talking about children here. So the pro-gun contingent and all their numerous regular and occasional political allies had a very strong and vested interest in clouding, blocking, diverting and otherwise compensating for what would otherwise be a very disadvantageous reality for them to have to contend with, from the perspective of public sentiment.

There might even be a good circumstantial case to be made for that hypothesis just sitting around out there. But I don't really know. So I'm certainly not saying it's what happened. I'm just saying that it could have. Because practically everybody's been out there flogging their position on that one. From both sides. There must be some money in it or something.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:22 pm

compared2what? wrote:
JackRiddler wrote:
In short, Tracy is either a motherfucker getting off on transgression or, if there is something deeper to the Lanza story, then he is very likely working for "them."

Still don't know which, myself. But I think there's another route to "something deeper" that you're overlooking. Because it was obviously going to be a gun thing from the second it happened. And we are talking about children here. So the pro-gun contingent and all their numerous regular and occasional political allies had a very strong and vested interest in clouding, blocking, diverting and otherwise compensating for what would otherwise be a very disadvantageous reality for them to have to contend with, from the perspective of public sentiment.

There might even be a good circumstantial case to be made for that hypothesis just sitting around out there. But I don't really know. So I'm certainly not saying it's what happened. I'm just saying that it could have. Because practically everybody's been out there flogging their position on that one. From both sides. There must be some money in it or something.

If that's the case, they're fucking up big time. If that's what motivates Tracy or other Sandy Hook fabulators, the gun issue would be a personal pretext at best for committing transgression (or acting out his brain damage) because of this: How is he accomplishing anything for the cause?

You may have thought you saw the all-time PR meltdown with the Komen Foundation last year, but Wayne LaPierre was like 50 times worse. All he had to do was express condolences (not even that, really) and keep his trap shut for a few weeks. This would have totally blown over, along with the next five massacres. Even now, all you're going to get is irrelevant additional laws in states that already have strict gun control, and the House will kill anything other than a federal revival of the old AWB. It ain't happening in all the gun-crazy places. The packers maintain a stranglehold on the lawmakers. But the more they blather and bluster and warn that the Eye in the Pyramid is coming to take their Precious, the more they keep the gun issue alive. (Hey, maybe that's Alex Jones's actual mission?)

But it's obvious that this panic sells a lot of guns, so I guess there's a point after all.

JackRiddler

Postby barracuda » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:35 pm

From what I can see on the "news", Biden's recommendations don't even include a renewed assault weapons ban. It's simply a universal background check and a ban on large magazines. Weak sauce.
barracuda

Postby justdrew » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:09 am

barracuda wrote:From what I can see on the "news", Biden's recommendations don't even include a renewed assault weapons ban. It's simply a universal background check and a ban on large magazines. Weak sauce.

maybe we can just have a "No Gun" list, just clone the no-fly list. :confused
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby divideandconquer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 am

This blog http://www.conspiracy-cafe.com/apps/blog/ connects some interesting dots in the Sandy Hook shooting. You might want to take a look.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby compared2what? » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:01 am

JackRiddler wrote:
compared2what? wrote:
JackRiddler wrote:

If that's the case, they're fucking up big time. If that's what motivates Tracy or other Sandy Hook fabulators, the gun issue would be a personal pretext at best for committing transgression (or acting out his brain damage) because of this: How is he accomplishing anything for the cause?

Well. The imperative is really just to prevent sentiment from forming and achieving mass. And since people lose interest pretty quickly, the window of opportunity in which that might happen isn't really open all that long. So the greater the number of people you can keep talking and thinking about any aspect of the event other than the slaughter of children per se during that period, the better. And seriously. You get a lot of attention by putting that stuff -- which, as I believe we've established, is not exactly a work- or -research-intensive enterprise -- up on the internet. Because it doesn't just attract people who discuss it seriously on its merits. Once it's a meme, everyone checks it out. And it's very distracting to contemplate.

And at the same time, you'd also be entraining them not to be all that interested in stuff like the dull-but-worthy statistical and policy considerations involved in gun politics, although that's just SOP for all media.

So. After a week or so when you sent out your Alex Joneses and Piers Morgans and Whomever Elses to lay out the range of acceptable options, you'd be working with a bunch of clean slates whose minds weren't full of hostility to guns as instuments of death as they might be if they'd had the kind of thoughts nobody really needs any assistance to have because they just happen spontaneously in response to news of slaughtered children, assuming no intervention occurs.

He'd be accomplishing something like that. Which still doesn't mean it happened. But it's possible. There's really no reason for anyone not to multi-platform that stuff to niche demographics nowadays. The internet is free.
compared2what?

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 am

c2w?, that was very persuasive! If you don't want a straightforward dialogue about a particular issue, any distraction, no matter how crazy, is serviceable. And crazy has a great track record for attracting attention and thus creating distraction.

So now I'm ready to think the opposite of what I was saying above, and believe there is method to the madness (or rather a method with a different motivation than I would have thought).

JackRiddler

Postby compared2what? » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:09 am

JackRiddler wrote:But it's obvious that this panic sells a lot of guns, so I guess there's a point after all.

It's not at all obvious to me. I have to say. They maybe get a sales boost. But it's probably mostly people who were going to buy them within that six-month period anyway. It doesn't look to me like nearly enough to make a significant difference in anybody's bottom line. I mean, it's like a thirty or forty billion dollar a year industry. You'd have to be talking about A LOT of gun sales to alter that by enough to be worth the effort.
compared2what?

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion