"Big Bamboozle" 9/11 Truth Author And Family Found Dead

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"Big Bamboozle" 9/11 Truth Author And Family Found Dead

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:38 am

thanks to Justdrew for pointing this out...
(originally from here http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Local ... er-suicide )

I am utterly fucking sick to my stomach about finding this out. 1) Because what happened is just beyond horrific and 2) Because after years of removing myself from any connection to online conspiracy/truth/etc
stuff(other than RI of course) I decided to "like" The Big Bamboozle page and even commented on this guys posts just a few days ago. Good Christ. Literally, like the day before this guy does this horrendous
shit his posts were showing up in my feed. I even last week listened to an hour long interview with him given his focus was on the Saudi angle of 9/11, which had been my main truther focus. Heck I spent a half hour browsing his web page and considered ordering his book.

http://boingboing.net/2013/02/04/former ... ore-210840

Philip Marshall, 54, a career airline pilot who claimed to have once served as a contract pilot for the CIA and DEA during the Iran-Contra affair, shot and killed his two teenage children, and the family dog, then killed himself. The apparent murder-suicide was discovered at the family home in an upscale gated golfing community in Murphys, California.

According to local news reports, teen friends of Alex Marshall, 17 (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and Macaila Marshall (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), 14, noticed the siblings had not been active on social media since Thursday and went by the house on Saturday to check on them.

The friends told police that when they arrived, they found Phillip Marshall, 54, "lying in a pool of blood inside the home," his 9mm Glock nearby.

Deputies believe the children were shot while sleeping on a couch. The dog was found in a bedroom. His estranged wife Sean Marshall, the children's mother, was out of the country at the time.

Philip Marshall has been identified as a former pilot for Eastern and United airlines. He self-published a number of books, including at least two about his 9/11 conspiracy theories: "The Big Bamboozle" (February 9, 2012) and "False Flag 911: How Bush, Cheney and the Saudis Created the Post-911 World" (July 29, 2008).

In his books, he claims to have served as a contract pilot for the US government during the Iran-Contra affair, flying shipments to and from Nicaragua. He appeared on "outsider truth" shows like Coast to Coast to promote his ideas.

From his author bio on Createspace.com, Amazon.com's self-publishing service:

Philip Marshall, a veteran airline captain and former government "special activities" contract pilot, has authored three books on Top Secret America, a group presently conducting business as the United States Intelligence Community. Beginning with his role in the 1980s as a Learjet captain first as part of a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) sting on Pablo Escobar, and later in the covert arming of the Nicaraguan Contras, Marshall has studied and written 30-years worth of covert government special activities and the revolving door of Wall Street tricksters, media moguls, and their well funded politicians.

I am unable to confirm the veracity of the claims in his self-authored bio at this time.

A Facebook page for "The Big Bamboozle" showed posts as recent as January 31 with titles like, "WHAT IS THE INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY HIDING?," "THE ARAB WORLD KNOWS THE RAID WAS A HOAX," and posts about the Bin Laden assassination having been faked.

"PICTURES PAINT A THOUSAND WORDS," read one such Facebook post from Marshall about photographs of the assassinated Al Qaeda leader. "Since bin Laden died in 2001, these would be "alleged" photos of bin Laden. Give us a break."

He once also pitched those theories to a television news journalist with whom this blogger is acquainted.

A young friend of the two slain teens with whom this blogger is personally acquainted described them as "sweet, funny, lively, good kids."

Sorry, Im just super weirded out by all this.

9/11 "truth" was dead long before this guy, but yeah. Forgetting all this, my god...two kids and a dog I probably see a hundred times over in just my little suburban area snuffed out by this
guy...I cant wrap my head around this.

The shootings are believed to have occurred between Thursday and Saturday afternoon. No neighbors heard gunshots, Freels said.

Good God...this means that his last facebook entry happened either after or right before this horror show. *feeling really ill*
Last edited by 8bitagent on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: "Big Bamboozle" 9/11 Truth Author Massacres Family

Postby thatsmystory » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:53 am

It is especially weird in light of recent commentary on the board. In his books and interviews he comes across as level headed. Already websites are making a link between the murders and his 9/11 beliefs.
Last edited by thatsmystory on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
thatsmystory

Postby justdrew » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:56 am

done some stuff with Susan Lindauer

and

Date: 09-08-12
Host: John B. Wells
Guests: Robert Gleason, Philip Marshall

In the first half, veteran airline captain Philip Marshall revealed the connections between the 9/11 hijackers and the Saudi Arabian intelligence community. Lead investigator of the Congressional Joint Inquiry, Senator Bob Graham, uncovered such a relationship and has filed a lawsuit against Saudi Arabia for their role in the attack, Marshall said. The hijackers were in contact with Saudi Arabian aviation experts, he continued, adding that "none of the official evidence mentions any kind of role by bin Laden and al-Qaeda." Marshall dismissed theories that the Pentagon was struck by a missile, though he acknowledged that the incredible speed at which the plane was traveling (480 knots) would have made it sound and even appear like a missile attack. Photographic evidence shows Boeing engine turbines inside the Pentagon, as well as wing fairings and other metallic wreckage with American Airline's paint job, he noted. There is no doubt that American Flight 77 hit the Pentagon, Marshall stated.

He spoke about the extraordinary skill required to pilot a Boeing 757 at high speeds at low altitude, and to navigate the aircraft to a single building from 270 miles away (distance when hijackers took over the plane). Marshall said he attempted the Washington DC attack himself in a simulator and, despite his 20 years of experience flying Boeing airliners and 15,000 hours of flight time, it took him four tries to hit the Pentagon. "To suggest that this was the first time that guy had ever flown a 757 is absolutely impossible," he stressed. According to Marshall, the 9/11 hijackers were tailed by the FBI from the moment they landed in Los Angeles on January 12, 2000. They learned to fly on small aircraft and simulators then, after George W. Bush became president, started disappearing into the Arizona desert for days at a time, he disclosed. Marshall believes the hijackers were trained at a CIA-operated airport, Pinal Air Park, by a Saudi group from an aviation charter that operated Boeing aircraft. He connected the people in charge of Pinal to Wall Street and ultimately to Dick Cheney, and suggested that President Bush knew enough not to scramble fighters to intercept the hijackers.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby thatsmystory » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:36 am

Boing Boing posted this headline Former pilot and 9/11 conspiracy theorist shoots and kills 2 teen children, then himself.

Any comments that dared suggest that Marshall's questions about 9/11 were justified were promptly deleted. What a pathetic website.
thatsmystory

Postby 82_28 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:52 am

I've always thought that the whole 9/11 thing would always be the gift that keeps on giving. Here it continues to do so. Because there was nothing "normal" about that day, everything about it gets front row center while also real questions and inquiries are shuffled aside as some kind of cultural anathema. I like to think that the reason I am one of these "skeptics" of the official story is because I hate to see shit like this in the first place. I wonder what made him snap.

Two kids, a dog and himself. Wife out of country. Sounds like a CSI episode to me.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:57 am

I don't even want to call it a betrayal to the truthseeking community because first and foremost I realize there's two innocent people and a loved dog companion snuffed out. The boy probably would be out joking around with friends, the girl tweeting about a tough day at school or a meal that didn't agree with her. The dog patiently waiting for the family to come home. There's often a disconnect(which I noticed with the Sandy thread) between armchair detective guessing and the reality of cold dead bodies of the innocent.

But getting to another point, this guy was no quack from my assessment of his interviews and writings(from what I saw) This wasn't some guy advocating moon beams destroying the towers and hologram planes.
In almost nine years of 9/11 research this guy's stuff was really clicking...as if Paul Thompson, Kevin Fenton, Sander Hicks, Hopsicker, etc were the pioneers and this guy to me was really putting everything together.

I guess also, it just feels weird...even though it's all unrelated, in the current climate you have the 15 year old Obama inauguration singer mysteriously gunned down, the "most deadly sniper in history" killed, and then this.
For the record I don't even think for a nanosecond there was anything suspicious about this massacre. However I also cannot explain how a guy that sounds like a well mannered, rational non-kook in a world of kook conspiracy writers, would snap like this.

And I won't even blame guns. Pro wrestling legend Chris Benoit pulled the same horror show on his family with no guns. But in the narrative of the 2013 gun debate, it's following a really disturbing pattern.
I guess 82_28 might be better at articulating what I'm getting at.
Anyways, it's just strange that after quite a long break from looking into any 9/11 stuff, Thatsmystory's link to his book and interview really sparked my interest and here this happens.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 82_28 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:02 am

thatsmystory wrote:Boing Boing posted this headline Former pilot and 9/11 conspiracy theorist shoots and kills 2 teen children, then himself.

Any comments that dared suggest that Marshall's questions about 9/11 were justified were promptly deleted. What a pathetic website.

I love BB, but yeah, they're of the type that is liberal and I agree with most of the time. The fact they don't entertain any ideas as to the running narrative, among other sites and outlets, drives me nuts. It really isn't that difficult to put the whole charade into a "fun" and "interesting" discussion that they do with say DRM issues and such. That they're deleting shit is ridiculous. What are they afraid of?

There are plenty of normal people out there who have questions and their doubts.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:05 am

82_28 wrote:I've always thought that the whole 9/11 thing would always be the gift that keeps on giving. Here it continues to do so. Because there was nothing "normal" about that day, everything about it gets front row center while also real questions and inquiries are shuffled aside as some kind of cultural anathema. I like to think that the reason I am one of these "skeptics" of the official story is because I hate to see shit like this in the first place. I wonder what made him snap.

Two kids, a dog and himself. Wife out of country. Sounds like a CSI episode to me.

And not to ruffle any feathers, but there was/is a lot of "noise" regarding 9/11 research...especially to the average person. Here's one of the few researcher/writers I saw that to me,
really was pulling back the curtain on the real nugget of 9/11 in my opinion. It's like how N--- H---t was doing absolutely amazing research into the hijackers, and then like a few other
prominent writers doing good work totally snapped and went off the deepend behavior and theory wise. Philip was from my reading, filling in so many gaps from the Terror Timeline
and other research, presenting what to me felt like solid detective stuff that would work in a courtroom or hearing.

Now one might ask, well if this author was coming closest in my opinion to getting at the real heart of (the provable/visible case) 9/11, why do I then discount foul play
if I also at the same time question the accidents/suicides/etc of William Colby, Gary Caradoni, Gary Webb, Paul Wellstone, etc? I don't have an answer really,
other than to acknowledge that even bright people who seem to have the perfect life are hiding some sort of nasty time bomb we may never know about even posthumously.
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:10 am

I believe this guy acted on his own accord, and am not defending this what now appears to be monster...or at least person of a monstrous act.
However...

(a boing boing comment)
If babbling crazy-conspiracy stuff was a commitable condition, there'd be no one to staff FOX News.

It looks like he was trying really hard to be a right-wing star, with his books and interviews, but it wasn't making him the star money he thought it would.

I'm going to make the unsubstantiated guess that he had a debt problem that was the tipping point.

Ok, c'mon now. Even to the most lay person, how the heck is (which is to me the MOST provable thing about 9/11 truth) the Saudi angle "crazy conspiracy stuff"?
And right wing? Yes, Fox News produced a recent documentary exhaustively pouring into the Saudi 9/11 angle, but this guy was no right winger. In fact
he seemed to fixate on the neocons. In fact the Saudi angle is anti right wing, given the Bush/neocon/GOP loved and continue to love and cover for the Saudis.
8bitagent

Postby Sounder » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:33 am

Why are people so quick to accept the presented narrative that this person killed his kids and then killed himself? There are other possibilities.

I heard about, but did not hear the recent NPR story that asks whether 'conspiracy theorists' are mentally ill.

Righties suck and so do lefties.

Ideology poisons the mind.

Those are the mentally ill people.

Well meaning though they may be.

Even right in the title of this thread.

Why the fuck do we, even here push the simple narrative?

"Massacres", fuck that, this emotion laden trigger word thought stopping use of language.

Poor kids, they look so beautiful.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby 82_28 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:57 am

The spectacle is the "gift that keeps on giving". This was known and knowable. Only we didn't know. We were surprised. The surprise and the factor of the amount of anguish and fear played into the next step of the operation.

My parents recall a time at church when I was but a toddler. Some older kids locked me into a pitch black room and nobody could find me. But I was trapped. They say that's where my anxiety issues started.

Cruelty to people and animals is where our clue is. I always love giving people shit, egging them on and etc, but I can never let a ruse go on for long. I, we, most of us here I think are of like mind. There are some people who just love to be cruel. Sure, you can step to them and tell them to knock it off, but for the most part, most just go along. To degrees, me too.

However, the timing of this is strange. We complain about how the "media" isn't covering this or that. Perhaps this was ordained as being viral as opposed to having breaking news music before it. The only thing that keeps "9/11" alive is the Internet. We were put on for the reason of being to perpetually able to dredge this shit out again and again and again.

Now we go "meta" or even double bind, if you kindly will. A guy making perfect sense massacres his family, including dog. Nice touch. Yet all about the biggest and spectacular crime ever in generations. Wife is out of country. Male kid looked like he could even take his dad. But there is nothing knowable about this. Which is the point.
82_28

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:02 am

Sounder wrote:Why are people so quick to accept the presented narrative that this person killed his kids and then killed himself? There are other possibilities.

Indeed. But these possibilities are pretty terrifying, aren't they? I mean... they might apply to you one of these days.

There's a little Cardinal Niemoller in all of us.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby lupercal » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:07 am

Tragic. Thanks for explaining all this 8bit as I hadn't heard. But I have to ask why on earth you would doubt foul play? If ever there was a textbook case of pushback against loose lips this would be it. Naturally the Breitbarts and boingboings of the world (don't know a lot about bb except that it's anti-conspiracy like KOS, which makes me assume it's connected to a spook outfit like KOS) are going to exploit his horrible death as just desserts for his treacherous beliefs, though they won't say it directly. But often that's the raison d'être of vaguely left but mostly RW sites like Counterpunch: the lefty articles are the bait to lower your defenses so they can reinforce whatever bullshit narrative they want to reinforce. In fact that's how most if not all commercial media including cable, broadcast and print/internet seem to work these days. Commercial AND non-commercial. Anyway just curious why "conspiracies are kooky" is your default response to this suspicious event. \<]
lupercal

Postby wordspeak2 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:42 am

Right.

This guy says he was a contract pilot in Iran-Contra? Holy shit.
wordspeak2

Postby elfismiles » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:09 am

terrible ... just fucking terrible ...

but yeah ... reasons to doubt the official narrative so far?

Merita Callaway, who represents Murphys and Arnold on the Calaveras County Board of Supervisors, lives several doors down from the Marshalls.

She said Marshall was “very involved” in his kids’ lives.

“I think that’s why I can’t get my head around this,” she said, recalling that Philip Marshall attended an Inauguration Day viewing party at her home last month.

Callaway said she happened to be midway through a book written by Marshall called “Lakefront Airport,” described in promotional material as “a contemporary historical fiction based on actual events including his early flying experience … his relationship with the CIA, Barry Seal, Pablo Escobar and the notorious Medellin Cocaine Cartel.”

“Even more astonishing is Marshall’s involvement in the Iran-Contra secret missions back in the Reagan/Bush years,” the promotional description adds. “A great read about a horrible crime — one perpetrated not by the detainees at Guantanamo Bay, but by the seediest elements of our very own government.”

http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Local ... er-suicide

... then again, who the fuck knows.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Next

Return to General Discussion