I am currently watching television programmes

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: I am currently watching television programmes

Postby justdrew » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:40 pm

ahhh Tomorrow People, nice show, they should have had a team up with Saphire and Steel

By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Hammer of Los » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Hehe.

Damn right JD.

I might be Diamond.

Blue Diamond.

There was a bronze age.

And a silver age.

Let us now re Call the Golden Age.

ps I search the Heavens for my Star Dancers.

Hammer of Los

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby sunny » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:15 pm

Alan Ball is a truther!

It's an Inside Job, ya'll. The 'vampires' dunnit to start a war.

Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hammer of Los » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Hammer of Los

Postby MinM » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 am

CW's Beauty & the Beast has an interesting premise...

The Beast seems to parallel some of the aspects of the Pat Tillman story. As with Pat Tillman he joins the Army following 9/11... and like Pat Tillman things go downhill quickly from there. It might be interesting to see if it continues to develop that way.
MinM

Postby justdrew » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:02 pm

this is on netflix but also youtube... I'd heard of this show before, never expected to get to see it. 33 episodes total...

One Step Beyond 1959 – 1962
Produced at the same time as the more well-known Twilight Zone, this series fed the nation's growing interest in paranormal suspense in a different way. Rather than creating fictional stories with supernatural twists and turns, this program sought out 'real' stories of the supernatural, including ghosts, disappearances, monsters, etc., and re-creating them for each episode. No solutions to these mysteries were ever found, and viewers could only scratch their heads and wonder, "what if it's real?"

justdrew

FX: The Americans

Postby MinM » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:27 pm

’80s Spy Drama ‘The Americans’ Coming To FX
http://newsradio1310.com/fx-the-americans-photos-pilot/

A couple more thoughts on Dark Skies:

The portrayal of the killing of Dorothy Kilgallen is spot-on as to the why, the where, and the how. Not so much the who.

Also as with Nowhere Man...
A Special Ops guy in silhouette has some interesting revelations in the Nowhere Man DVD.

1) He claims that if he had to do it over, he would not have let himself be used as a tool of the MIC, or Big Government as he puts it. Perhaps he had a Pat Tillman-like epiphany? I tend to doubt it since he's involved with the likes of Surnow.

2) Since 1967 "Big Government" has been using TV as a form of Visual Hypnosis. There was also an episode that explored this phenomenon.

3) "Big Government" could have staged a 9/11 False-Flag in order to further extract concessions from Americans, and expand government authority. Although he is careful to couch this with the admonition that he is 150% sure that OBL did it...

So if you happen to get Nowhere Man through Netflix, before Netflix goes under, check out Special Features on Disk 9. Then click on Fact or Fiction?:
Nowhere Man: Fact or Fiction? - True Stories of CIA Mind Control Techniques (Video 2005)

An anonymous ex-CIA operative reveals real world government conspiracies, mind control techniques and how fragile our identity really is...

Director:
Evan Geerlings
Writer:
Lawrence Hertzog
Stars:
Baz and Bruce Greenwood

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0491796/

viewtopic.php?p=426547#p426547

the commentary (Signal-To-Noise: Uncovering Dark Skies) is probably more interesting than the individual episodes.
Including a little nugget about shooting a scene in the pantry of the Ambassador Hotel (shot in a scene totally unrelated to the RFK assassination which they were going to cover in season two).
sunny wrote:Mad Men.

Twice in a row this season--5.05, 'Signal 30', and 5.06, 'Far Away Places'-- a walk on actress has passed through a scene wearing a pink suit and pillbox hat. It's 1966 in MM universe, so I'm thinking the Jackie doppelgangers are foreshadowing some interesting discussions on Mark Lane's Rush to Judgement, published in '66. Should be very good, considering how well the show handled the assassination itself.

Dark Skies covered in one season about the same time period Mad Men has in it's run. Although in Dark Skies these historical events were used as plot devices central to the overall storyline. All of this set against a backdrop of an ongoing alien invasion stemming from the 1947 Roswell Crash.

This tidbit from the Educational Forum in a thread about Danny Casolaro of all things prompted me to check out the Dark Skies dvd...
St. Louis Magazine, August 2008

Stalking the Octopus

For 20 years Kenn Thomas of Steamshovel Press has been tracking the oily tentacles of world conspiracy — and shaking readers out of their reality tunnel

by Stefene Russell

Recent history is a vast record of a vast conspiracy to impose one level of mechanical consciousness on mankind. –Allen Ginsberg

...Thomas even wonders out loud if he and fellow conspiracy newsletter publishers Greg Bishop, editor of the now-defunct Excluded Middle, and Jim Martin of Flatland were perhaps the inspiration for The X-Files' Lone Gunmen; in fact, he saw smatterings of Steamshovel in Mel Gibson's Conspiracy Theory, too.

"Everything in there, everything this cab driver guy spots, is right out of Steamshovel Press," Thomas says. "There are two anthologies, basically back issues of Steamshovel. Brian Helgeland, the screenwriter, bought both of those books [Popular Alienation and Popular Paranoia] from Jim Martin at Flatland Press." Thomas says he's also seen material from the Steamshovel website show up on TV: "There was a show called Dark Skies on the SciFi channel that mixed in real historical figures with this whole alien story. I did some research one week on Dorothy Kilgallen; the next week, Dorothy Kilgallen was a character on the show. So I write a column about Carl Sagan—in the '60s Sagan presented a paper to all these rocket scientists on aliens—and the next week, Carl Sagan was a character on the show. So they're cribbing off the website." Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. "I've been told many times that I need to go to Hollywood and exploit this," Thomas laughs. "The thing about living in St. Louis is, for $200 you can go to any city in this country, and L.A.-centered stuff, New York–centered stuff—that's part of the conspiracy. It's part of the homogenizing of the world. I don't want to be part of that. I want a bigger picture. And you have to work harder to live in L.A. I think I've stumbled upon the perfect place." ...

viewtopic.php?p=465448#p465448

Unfortunately, as with some other slightly subversive (by U.S. Network standards) shows of that time (Nowhere Man and VR.5) and more recent examples (Rubicon and Alcatraz)...
Simulist wrote:There are only two television shows we keep up with on broadcast TV: Modern Family and Fringe (and, starting in January, Alcatraz of course). I totally love JJ Abrams' stuff, propagandistic though it may be (and, sometimes, surely is).

But we've also been having lots of fun on Netflix lately, watching The Tudors. (If Henry Cavill is in something, all he really has to do is just stand there, okay? He doesn't even have to speak! — although movement is greatly appreciated, and he really is quite a fine actor — and there'd be a good chance I'd want to watch it. Hey, I admit to being frivolous and superficial — but, remember, my superficiality only goes so deep!)

But that's about it with us for television. For me, reading is really where it's at.

This week Alcatraz had a scene right out of the brainwashing montage in the Parallax View. :offair:

'Alcatraz': The Only Innocent Man On The Rock Isn't So Innocent Anymore (VIDEO)

rigorousintuition.ca :: "Pharmacologic Waterboarding" at Guantanamo

rigorousintuition.ca :: Mind Kontrol Themes on TeleVision

viewtopic.php?p=452920#p452920

the show only lasted one season. :offair:

Earth-704509
MinM

Postby MinM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:00 pm

Image @CovertHistory: It Could Be A War Crime To Use Biologically Enhanced Soldiers http://ow.ly/h3KrW

https://twitter.com/CovertHistory/statu ... 4961597440

CW's Beauty & the Beast has an interesting premise...

The Beast seems to parallel some of the aspects of the Pat Tillman story. As with Pat Tillman he joins the Army following 9/11... and like Pat Tillman things go downhill quickly from there. It might be interesting to see if it continues to develop that way.

On Stalin's Super-Soldiers
Earth-704509
MinM

Postby semper occultus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:37 pm

....did this series ever get picked up in any other televisual jurisdictions.....

www.amazon.co.uk

...a very entertaining drama / quality-soap series that, as the name suggested, really did seem like you were eaves-dropping on the actual lives of real, hip, happening 20-somethings in 1990's "Cool Britannia" London & made being a trainee lawyer seem like the most aspirational thing on earth....

.....makes you feel older & sadder to realise that the 90's are starting to recede into a dated historical lost-world, that, for all its faults, by 2012 BBC still haven't done anything like it of remotely the same quality , nor any of the talented young actors ever been in anything better in the years since...
semper occultus

Postby Rory » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Can't recommend this show highly enough

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_%28TV_series%29

Plot

The story follows a small group of people who find themselves in possession of a manuscript of a cult graphic novel called "The Utopia Experiments", which is rumoured to have predicted the worst disasters of the last century. This leads them to be targeted by a government organisation known only as 'The Network', which they must avoid to survive

I've seen the three parts of six so far. Dark, funny, extremely cold but thankfully appropriately warm at times - Has the hitmen from kill list, and a few other smart actors - the irish girl is all kinds of green eyed cute. Is a conspiracy thriller that surely has been in the making this past ten years, fermenting way in the minds of observers of conspiracy culture. It manages to hit the right balance between paranoid and plausible.

Very highly recommended
Rory

Postby chump » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:18 pm

The Puppy Bowl, of course!
chump

Postby Project Willow » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Downton actors in "Breaking Abbey"

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/422221/december-13-2012/uncensored---breaking-abbey?xrs=share_twitter
Uncensored - Breaking Abbey
First Lady Michelle Antoinette previews the next season of "Downton Abbey" while the world's commoners are left to fear what will become of the aristocrats.

:lol:
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby justdrew » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Rory wrote:Can't recommend this show highly enough

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_%28TV_series%29

Plot

The story follows a small group of people who find themselves in possession of a manuscript of a cult graphic novel called "The Utopia Experiments", which is rumoured to have predicted the worst disasters of the last century. This leads them to be targeted by a government organisation known only as 'The Network', which they must avoid to survive

I've seen the three parts of six so far. Dark, funny, extremely cold but thankfully appropriately warm at times - Has the hitmen from kill list, and a few other smart actors - the irish girl is all kinds of green eyed cute. Is a conspiracy thriller that surely has been in the making this past ten years, fermenting way in the minds of observers of conspiracy culture. It manages to hit the right balance between paranoid and plausible.

Very highly recommended

I had decided to skip this show, but you convinced me to give it a try. Glad you did, it was worth seeing :thumbsup
justdrew

Postby Hammer of Los » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:38 am

Right.

I'm thinking I might just put those plans for a comic book on hold for now.

Hammer of Los

Postby AhabsOtherLeg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:25 am

Did anybody else see the Black Mirror episode "White Bear"?

I thought it was pretty good, but I usually do like Charlie Brooker's stuff. Just realised I have nothing at all to say about it though. It was pretty good.
"The universe is 40 billion light years across and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. That is the position of the universe with regard to human life."
AhabsOtherLeg

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie